PDA

View Full Version : lawmaker tells of her abortion

Qtec
02-18-2011, 04:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Planned Parenthood funding debate gets personal as lawmaker tells of her abortion
By Molly K. Hooper - 02/18/11 12:03 AM ET

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The House chamber was silenced on Thursday night</span> when California Rep. Jackie Speier (D) revealed that she had to have an abortion.

The revelation came as debate on an amendment to defund abortion provider Planned Parenthood neared its third hour.

Speier shocked the lower chamber, half-full of lawmakers and staff, still hard at work on a government funding measure for the third straight day.

Speier said she intended to speak to a different topic but was so upset by her GOP colleague Rep. Chris Smiths (N.J.) preceding five-minute speech during which he read graphic depictions from a book of a woman describing the experience of having an abortion.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I really planned to speak about something else but the gentleman from New Jersey just put my stomach in knots because Im one of those women he spoke about just now. I had a procedure at 17 weeks pregnant with a child who moved from the vagina into the cervix. And that procedure that you just described is a procedure that I endured, Speier said.</span>

At that moment, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who had been standing in the aisle of the Democratic side, took a seat to listen to her fellow Golden State colleague.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #000099">I lost the baby. And for you to stand on this floor and suggest that somehow this is a procedure that is either welcomed or done cavalierly or done without any thought, is preposterous,</span> <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'> [ Shame on them..Q ]</span></span> Speier said, glaring at the Republicans on the other side of the aisle.</span>

<u>Though Planned Parenthood is banned from using federal dollars to perform abortions, conservative Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) led the charge to defund the family planning organization.</u> </div></div>

Nothing new here. Just a bunch of male RW religious extremist Conservatives talking crap about something they know nothing about. Par for the coarse IMO.

Q..... link (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/145019-planned-parenthood-debate-gets-personal-as-lawmaker-tells-of-her-abortion)

LWW
02-18-2011, 05:01 AM
What does that have to do with Planned Parenthood funding ... a group founded for the purpose of genocide BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most
successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. </span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>We don't want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population,</span> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."</span>
-- Margaret Sanger's December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255
Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith
Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in
Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth
Control in America . New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976. </div></div>

LWW

Qtec
02-18-2011, 05:42 AM
LOL.......1939.............HaHaHaHaHa........... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Qs

LWW
02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
And?

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-18-2011, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Planned Parenthood funding debate gets personal as lawmaker tells of her abortion

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The House chamber was silenced on Thursday night</span> when California Rep. Jackie Speier (D) revealed that she had to have an abortion.

The revelation came as debate on an amendment to defund abortion provider Planned Parenthood neared its third hour.

Speier shocked the lower chamber, half-full of lawmakers and staff, still hard at work on a government funding measure for the third straight day.

Speier said she intended to speak to a different topic but was so upset by her GOP colleague Rep. Chris Smiths (N.J.) preceding five-minute speech during which he read graphic depictions from a book of a woman describing the experience of having an abortion.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I really planned to speak about something else but the gentleman from New Jersey just put my stomach in knots because Im one of those women he spoke about just now. I had a procedure at 17 weeks pregnant with a child who moved from the vagina into the cervix. And that procedure that you just described is a procedure that I endured, Speier said.</span>

At that moment, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who had been standing in the aisle of the Democratic side, took a seat to listen to her fellow Golden State colleague.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'><span style="color: #000099">I lost the baby. And for you to stand on this floor and suggest that somehow this is a procedure that is either welcomed or done cavalierly or done without any thought, is preposterous,</span> <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'> [ Shame on them..Q ]</span></span> Speier said, glaring at the Republicans on the other side of the aisle.</span>

<u>Though Planned Parenthood is banned from using federal dollars to perform abortions, conservative Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) led the charge to defund the family planning organization.</u> </div></div>

Nothing new here. Just a bunch of male RW religious extremist Conservatives talking crap about something they know nothing about. Par for the coarse IMO.
Q..... link (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/145019-planned-parenthood-debate-gets-personal-as-lawmaker-tells-of-her-abortion) </div></div>

The subject of Women's rights, is one of the reasons why I stopped reading the posts of those on this forum who are RW radical misogynists.

The inhumane and vicious statements directed at women, which are writen on this site, by ignorant men, who share the same misogynistic views of women's rights and freedoms, which radical Islamists, portray in their word and actions.

Republican men and women, whose obvious anti-constitutional beliefs and policies, including their disrespect for the laws of our country, clearly proves their likeness to the worst of Radical islam.

Most sites would not allow it.

As is obvious, misogeny is the Hallmark of the Republican Party, it is linked to religious fundamentalism, and represents the very same dangerous threats to democracy, human rights and freedoms, here in America, as radical religious fundamentalism has, to people in the Middle East.

The Republican Party, which poses and presents itself as the party of Christianity, is in fact a Party of hatred. They represent the same radical religious fundamentalism, misogeny, homophobia, racism, sexism, and unevolved, archaic view of the world around them, as radical Islamists.

Most of all, they have no clue, nor do they choose to inform themselves or consider, the vast medical and personal realities which women face, when they make the decision to end the suffering of a fetus, or to preserve their own life in order to raise their existing children.

Why would they even care, since they do not believe that a woman's life, is valuable enough to save. But then, Isn't that always what fundamentalism is? A narrow, rigid, discompassionate, narcissistic philosophy, descriptive of psychological instability, and the spiritually unevolved.

The hypocrisy of the Republican Party, is truly repulsive.

Eight clips down on this page:

http://www.starkreports.com/

Sev
02-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I dont think most sites would allow the willfully ignorant and hateful statements of a certain female to be posted either.

Personally I have no horse in the abortion race.

Its the disingenuous aspect of the pro abortion group that I find amusing. Bottom line is that if you assume the fetus will not be rejected by the body after nine months a baby will be born.

An abortion kills a child.

Deal with it.

Organisms pregnant or not rapidly die continually and in vast numbers every moment of the day.
In the over all scheme of things the entire issue isnt really that important.

Everything dies. Its not a matter of if. The when over the span of time is not really that important.

eg8r
02-18-2011, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I lost the baby. And for you to stand on this floor and suggest that somehow this is a procedure that is either welcomed or done cavalierly or done without any thought, is preposterous</div></div>Nothing new here, qtip finds an example to try and thwart an opposing example and thinks he has debunked some myth. Sorry, but just because this woman had an abortion and spent a lot of time thinking about it does not mean every woman does.

There is absolutely NO reason whatsoever that federal dollars should ever be provided for an abortion. This is not the business of the federal government.

eg8r

Sev
02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Planned Parenthood.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #CC0000"> Defunded!!</span></span>

Gayle in MD
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Planned Parenthood funding debate gets personal as lawmaker tells of her abortion

Q..... link (http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/145019-planned-parenthood-debate-gets-personal-as-lawmaker-tells-of-her-abortion) </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler (N.Y.) rose to accuse Republicans for their war on women, and called the amendment a bill of attainder.

I hear that we must punish Planned Parenthood by defunding them because theyve committed a number of sins; sin No. 1, they are large abortion providers, even though none of those abortions are paid for by the federal government, Nadler said on the House Floor.

A bill of attainder punishes an entity for a crime without having stood trial.

<span style="color: #990000">I suppose this means women are not people? An entity? He's actually blocking access to Health care, for women. women, are now, Entities?

They want to destroy Planned Parenthood, which provides a number of health services for women, including giving them aid for birth control, which actually PREVENTS unwanted pregnancies.

As usual, republicans create more problems, than they care to solve.</span>

Several speakers later, GOP Rep. Louis Gohmert (Texas) took to the podium to argue that the amendment was not a bill of attainder.

No one is being found guilty of a crime here; I know about those things, the former district judge said as dozens of exhausted lawmakers watched from seats on the floor.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
Nadler, sitting in the back of the chamber on the Democratic side of the aisle, rushed to the leadership table to engage in a conversation with Gohmert, but the former Texas judge refused to yield time to Nadler.

I know the gentleman is one of the smartest people I know but this is not a bill of attainder, Gohmert said after Nadler requested time to ask his GOP colleague a question</span>.</div></div>

<span style="color: #660000">Typical RW REALITY Blocking method. "I've already made up my mind, don't ask me any questions, or confuse me with the facts."</span>