PDA

View Full Version : Final 4 Set in Albuquerque

09-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Although it's a very familiar final 4, a few breakthroughs were made in the event and a few congrats are in order. Certainly none bigger than Sarah Rousey's impressive 7th place finish in only her 3rd or 4th pro tourney. No one (including any of the remaining players) won more matches in this tourney than either Sarah Rousey or Kim Shaw (T-9) - due to the bye situation.

Also a very good tourney for Ewa, who makes it to her first TV match since early last year, but must go up against Karen Corr for the right to play Allison in the semi-finals.

For Helena, this is the first time I recall her sitting on the hill in the winner's bracket in at least 5 years. Though they always play great matches against each other, Helena's win in the winner's bracket final over Allison breaks a very long match losing streak to Allison going back if (I'm not mistaken) all the way to 1997 as well.

Despite Helena being on the hill in the finals, I would figure either Allison or Karen to win the title. Helena has had a very hard time handling the shot clock in TV matches she's played in over the past few years. It will be interesting to see if she has learned from her mistakes.

If Helena can win, it would mark the first time in over 4 years (since 1998) that anyone other than Karen, Allison, Gerda or Jeanette has won a WPBA title. - Chris in NC

09-08-2002, 03:58 PM
tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE AS QUICK AS YOU POSTED IT.

wISH AZBILLIARDS COULD POST UPDATES IN REAL-TIME FOR THOSE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING RESULTS...

Nostroke
09-08-2002, 06:55 PM
Sarah has played in 5 I'm pretty sure. Chicago last year, Peoria this year, San Diego, VF and now New Mexico. She has all the tools and played the best of her career in New Mexico. I saw all her matches except vs. S Barnes. She was very smooth and didnt miss . I can see the headline now "Rousey On The Rise"

AzHousePro
09-08-2002, 07:38 PM
You and me both. I wish I could get them in real time.

Mike