PDA

View Full Version : NON-POOL SPORTING EVENTS

BLACKHEART
09-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Are you as tired as I am, at haveing to watch big named "MUSICAL STARS", murder our national anthem & America The Beautiful? I don't care who you are or were, I'd rather see a no-named police or fireman, who can sing, rather than these so called celebrities struggle & make fools of themselves. JMHO...JER

PQQLK9
09-08-2002, 04:49 PM
I agree JER ...IMO the worst ever was when Michael Jordan's sister sang (for lack of a better word) the National Anthem at one of the Chicago Bulls games...(it was so bad it would make you slap your moma).../ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif...and then there was Rossane Barr Complete with all the antics. Oh the price we pay for freedom.

Troy
09-08-2002, 06:15 PM
100% agreement Jer... As a side note, Thursday's NFL opener had the NYPD guy sing 'God Bless America' prior to the National Anthem. The NYPD guy's rendition was far superior to the ladies' rendition, but he is a very hard act to follow.

Troy

Tommy_Davidson
09-08-2002, 06:40 PM
> I've always heard that Loree Jon Jones does a hell of a job at the WPBA events with the national anthem. The old guy that does it at the U.S. Open is about as bad as Rosanne. Tommy D.

09-09-2002, 12:24 AM
"Everybody's gotta be some place"

And they are always in the middle of an imaginary circle!

nAz
09-09-2002, 01:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: BLACKHEART:</font><hr> Are you as tired as I am, at haveing to watch big named "MUSICAL STARS", murder our national anthem &amp; America The Beautiful? I don't care who you are or were, I'd rather see a no-named police or fireman, who can sing, rather than these so called celebrities struggle &amp; make fools of themselves. JMHO...JER <hr></blockquote>

the only person that should sing America the beautiful should be Ray Charles

Lester
09-09-2002, 05:48 AM
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;JER, did you happen to catch the young lady that sang the Star Spangled Banner before the Pete Sampras/Andy Roddick tennis match at the U.S.Open Tennis Tournament last week? She was flat-out awesome! The Star Spangled Banner was written by Francis Scott Key as a poem, the tune was "plagiarized" from an english drinking chanty. What makes this marriage of words and music so unique is that the dynamics and pauses seem to coincide with the lyrics at just the right moments to cause emotion in listeners from any country. It is probably one of the most demanding if not THE most demanding piece for a vocalist. If the vocalist tries to individualize the piece with personal stylings, they ruin the performance. America the beautiful is a piece with a lot more latitude for individuality. I wish I had heard the young woman's name as her performance was great. JMHO ****Lester****

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Macy Gray did it (I think at the all-star game) and it was the most horrific I've heard yet to date, except Roseanne-she's in a class by herself.

Lester
09-09-2002, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Macy Gray did it (I think at the all-star game) and it was the most horrific I've heard yet to date, except Roseanne-she's in a class by herself. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;You're right about Roseanne, Wally. It must be lonely at the bottom. ha ha ***Lester***

Troy
09-09-2002, 10:01 PM
I wonder who in hell let that Back Ally Brat try the National Anthem prior to tonight's MNF game ???