PDA

View Full Version : What will Obama do II?

LWW
02-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Shouldn't we expect him to demand that Moammar Qaddaffyduck and his sons step down?

Shouldn't we expect him to endorse the peaceful protestors?

Shouldn't we be seeing dear leader demand changes to the Libyan constitution?

Or, should we be expecting Obama to be shown ... again ... as a hypocrite who embraces thugocracies which oppose US interests as he has done withe the Iranians and others?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Libya's official name is the Jamahiriya, or "state of the masses", but 41 years after seizing power, a defiant Muammar Gaddafi still rules through secretive decision-making and as a family enterprise in which his sons play leading roles.

Now facing the worst unrest since the revolution, Gaddafi's moves are as opaque as ever. Amid feverish speculation about the future, everything he has ever done suggests he will not relinquish power voluntarily. "We will all die on Libyan soil," sources close to his family told the Saudi paper al-Sharq al-Awsat.

According to unconfirmed reports the repression in Benghazi in eastern Libya is being led by his son Khamis, the Russian-trained commander of an elite special forces unit. Another son, Saadi, is there too, with Abdullah al-Senussi, veteran head of military intelligence.

Last Friday Gaddafi appeared briefly in central Tripoli to cheers from supporters but has not spoken in public or left the heavily-guarded Bab al-Aziziya barracks in the centre of the capital the target of a US bombing raid in 1986.

The crushing of protests in Benghazi and elsewhere bears the hallmark of his instinctive brutality when faced with challenges to his rule, analysts say.

In the 1980s he sent hit squads to murder exiled "stray dogs" who challenged the revolution. Islamist rebels at home were crushed in the 1990s and in 1996 1,000 prisoners were gunned down in an infamous prison massacre.

"For Gaddafi it's kill or be killed," said opposition writer Ashour Shamis. "Now he's gone straight for the kill." </div></div>

Is it open season on Qaddaffyduck? (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/20/libya-protests-muammar-gaddafi)

LWW

Sev
02-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Over 240 dead so far.

llotter
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
The Left has a soft spot in their heart for all who hate America.

cushioncrawler
02-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I thort daffy woz well liked by hiz pipple.
I am sitting on the fence for now.
Dubb probly knows that libya aint got no constitution -- alltho its 1951 constitution aint never been repealed.
Daffy shood reinstate the 1951 COTROL -- and make hizself King.

The alternativ iz a worry.
At prezent (under daffy) Libya haznt suffered any railroad related deaths, ie for 41 yrs.
mac.

Soflasnapper
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
He should send the marines, although it isn't clear where he'd get them. Are you nuts?

There's an old saying, probably from Lao Tsu, that when your enemies are self-destructing, don't involve yourself.

Another lesson is don't spout off with threats you have no ability to back up.

Perhaps you remember when Bush the Wiser encouraged the Kurds to rise up against Saddam? Slaughtered with US helicopter gunships.

Qtec
02-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Ouch. Big smack down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps you remember when Bush the Wiser encouraged the Kurds to rise up against Saddam? Slaughtered with US helicopter gunships. </div></div>

The US stood by and watched the slaughter.

Q

Soflasnapper
02-21-2011, 02:58 AM
The US had complete air superiority with Great Britain, but chose not to extend the patrolled no-fly zone to stop this slaughter.

LWW
02-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Were you expecting I would defend Bush for this?

In reality ... I know you hate that ... I denounced both him and Clinton for allowing Saddam to continue.

OTOH ... the moonbat crazy left blamed Bush for using force and not sanctions, and then blamed Bush for using sanctions and not the military ... and then praised Clinton for using sanctions and praised him again for using the military ... and then blamed Bush II for using the military to enforce sanctions.

Bottom line ... both Bush's were leftists, just not moonbat crazy leftists.

LWW

LWW
02-21-2011, 03:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He should send the marines, although it isn't clear where he'd get them. Are you nuts?</div></div>

Who said anything about the USMC?

And, if I expected Obama to treat a US enemy worse than a US ally ... then yes I would be nuts.

What's amazing is that the left here is so wrapped up in dear leader's cult status that they can't see the hypocrisy they are so willingly endorsing.

LWW

LWW
02-21-2011, 05:17 AM
And back to this.

This thread verifies what I have said before ... brown people are merely stage props for the far left.

100,000,000 slaughtered by Mao ... he's a hero.

240 shot dead by Gaddaffyduck's thugs ... no big deal.

A smart bomb malfunctions in Iraq and Bush committed cold blooded murder.

Israel strikes at terrorists hiding among civilians ... who support them being there ... and the left accuses them of genocide.

Whether the dead have value seems to be entirely dependent upon whether or not their death advances the agenda or not.

If one familiarizes their self with the Paliwood scams that the western media have spoon fed to the western left, it doesn't even matter if they actually died so long as Israel and/or America can be blamed for a staged event.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-21-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He should send the marines, although it isn't clear where he'd get them. Are you nuts?</div></div>

Who said anything about the USMC?

And, if I expected Obama to treat a US enemy worse than a US ally ... then yes I would be nuts.

What's amazing is that the left here is so wrapped up in dear leader's cult status that they can't see the hypocrisy they are so willingly endorsing.

</div></div>

We had influence with the Egyptian military, and used that influence to assure the military remained peaceful in the face of the mass protests. This has created the chance for a peaceful transition from strong man dictatorial control.

We have no influence with China's military or any major power group there, and fomenting some revolutionary protest movement would be to induce a wide slaughter there, without prospects for success, or even any chance of aiding those people.

Foreign policy is not a blog where you get to spout off without consequences. Overly bold words are not cost-free.

That was the reason I mentioned the Kurds' slaughter. Raising false hopes that lead to people being cut into ribbons is a bad policy choice.

Soflasnapper
02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And back to this.

This thread verifies what I have said before ... brown people are merely stage props for the far left.

100,000,000 slaughtered by Mao ... he's a hero.

240 shot dead by Gaddaffyduck's thugs ... no big deal.

A smart bomb malfunctions in Iraq and Bush committed cold blooded murder.

Israel strikes at terrorists hiding among civilians ... who support them being there ... and the left accuses them of genocide.

Whether the dead have value seems to be entirely dependent upon whether or not their death advances the agenda or not.

If one familiarizes their self with the Paliwood scams that the western media have spoon fed to the western left, it doesn't even matter if they actually died so long as Israel and/or America can be blamed for a staged event.

</div></div>

It was noted far-leftist president Nixon who set the course of our accommodation to the Chinese regime. As you know, Nixon was the darling of the left (not).

The far left was disabused of their love for the communists when the Stalin nightmare was better understood, and crazed Maoist Marxists are a rare breed even among the left, if they even still exist at all.

It is New Speak Orwellian language to suggest that a prudent caution in foreign affairs means we are actively supporting some regimes we actually oppose. Obviously, in such cases, working behind the scenes is preferable to an impotent public diplomacy amounting to nothing but empty words that may be deadly and counterproductive to our interests.

If we commit openly to regime change in either Russia or China, it would be tantamount to, and taken as, a bid for war. There is a good and sufficient reason that no American president has ever taken that step, including St. Reagan.

JohnnyD
02-21-2011, 12:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thort daffy woz well liked by hiz pipple.
I am sitting on the fence for now.
Dubb probly knows that libya aint got no constitution -- alltho its 1951 constitution aint never been repealed.
Daffy shood reinstate the 1951 COTROL -- and make hizself King.

The alternativ iz a worry.
At prezent (under daffy) Libya haznt suffered any railroad related deaths, ie for 41 yrs.
mac. </div></div> Excellent post mac.

LWW
02-21-2011, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">crazed Maoist Marxists are a rare breed even among the left, if they even still exist at all. </div></div>

Actually several have worked for the regime ... including the POTUS.

LWW

Sev
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I cant wait to see the entire area of north Africa and Western Asia go up in flames.

Now if the Israelis would just torpedo those 2 Iranian war ships using their Dolphin class subs the powder keg should just about be ready.

Mean while. Back at the ranch.

Obama and Hillary are looking pretty ineffectual.

Oh what will the sock puppet due if Oil fields start to go up in flames and the price of oil goes off the charts???

Invasion to secure the oil fields???

I doubt he has the balls.

So much for the US economy.

LWW
02-22-2011, 03:08 AM
There are those who have said this was Obama's end game.

I used to think they were nuts ... now, not so much.

LWW