PDA

View Full Version : Facts Wisconsins Need To Know

Gayle in MD
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Posted: February 22, 2011 02:04 PM
Wisconsin: Four Facts You Need to Know
http://WWW.Huffingtonpost.com

Sally Kohn

What's happening in Wisconsin isn't about budget deficits or government spending or even public employee benefits. It's class war, wherein the big business, conservative Right tries to pit working class Americans against one another so that the super-rich can continue to pilfer our private and public coffers for their own boundless gain. Here are the facts you need to know -- and spread:
1. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>60% of Wisconsin's largest corporations pay ZERO taxes</span>

According to the Institute for Wisconsin's Future, in 2007 60% of corporations in Wisconsin with over $100 million in annual revenues paid zero taxes. None. Zip. Zilch.

2. Raising corporate taxes in Wisconsin to the national average would generate $1 BILLION in revenue

By comparison, Gov. Walker's union busting bill will "save" a measly $350 million (that is, if you consider lowering the income and security of a core group of tax-paying workers "saving" money...).

3. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Cutting taxes on corporations and the rich created state budget crises.</span>

States do not have a spending problem. They have a revenue problem. The recession caused all tax receipts to be lower, but government revenue was artificially suppressed long-before by tax cuts for the big business and the rich pushed through at both the federal and state levels. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>But with Wall Street tycoons still raking in big bonuses while the rest of us stagger and suffer, anger against big business might reach a boiling point... unless private sector workers can be pitted against public sector workers in a "blame government" charade to diffuse anger from the rightful target.</span>

4.<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Gov. Walker and the attack on unions are paid for by anti-government Koch brothers</span>
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>
David and Charles Koch, scions of the second largest private corporation in the United States, know how to get a good deal for their dollar. Do you really think the brothers who fund the anti-government, pro-big business Tea Party really give a damn about Wisconsin's deficit? They are using Wisconsin in their larger play to destroy all unions, further strip all workers of benefits and decent wages, and increase power and profit for a very few, very large corporations like their own. The Koch brothers are among Gov. Walker's top political contributors.</span>

Sev
02-22-2011, 05:51 PM
So Gayle.
<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #CC0000">How do you explain that only 34% of 8 graders in Wisconsin can read proficiently???
</span></span>
Or do you feel that 1/3 success rate for the teachers is outstanding???

I know some think its difficult teach the ABC's.

After all there was a time when parents actually taught there children how to read and write.

Oh what am I saying they were not trained professional slackers.

JohnnyD
02-22-2011, 11:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Gayle.
<span style='font-size: 20pt'><span style="color: #CC0000">How do you explain that only 34% of 8 graders in Wisconsin can read proficiently???
</span></span>
Or do you feel that 1/3 success rate for the teachers is outstanding???

I know some think its difficult teach the ABC's.

After all there was a time when parents actually taught there children how to read and write.

Oh what am I saying they were not trained professional slackers. </div></div>Excellent post.The truth will set them free.

Qtec
02-23-2011, 01:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:
The nation scored 34% below basic reading, 34% basic reading, and 31% proficient or above.

Wisconsin scored 33% below basic reading, 35% basic reading, and 31% proficient or above.

For 8th graders:
The nation scored 26% below basic reading, 43% basic reading, and 30% proficient or above.

Wisconsin scored 22% below basic reading, 44% basic reading, and 34% proficient or above.
</div></div> link (http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/pdf/main2009/2010458.pdf)

Q

Gayle in MD
02-23-2011, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:
The nation scored 34% below basic reading, 34% basic reading, and 31% proficient or above.

Wisconsin scored 33% below basic reading, 35% basic reading, and 31% proficient or above.

For 8th graders:
The nation scored 26% below basic reading, 43% basic reading, and 30% proficient or above.

Wisconsin scored 22% below basic reading, 44% basic reading, and 34% proficient or above.
</div></div> link (http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard/pdf/main2009/2010458.pdf)

Q

</div></div>

I see by your answer, that the poster of filth, has made yet another post, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the bullet points made in my thread.

Another irrelevant post from one of the sheep, no doubt, applauded by a fellow sheep.

Bah Bah Bah!

Stretch
02-23-2011, 07:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:

For 8th graders:

Q

</div></div>

I see by your answer, that the poster of filth, has made yet another post, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the bullet points made in my thread.

Another irrelevant post from one of the sheep, no doubt, applauded by a fellow sheep.

Bah Bah Bah! </div></div>

Let the bleating begin! St.

Gayle in MD
02-23-2011, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:

For 8th graders:

Q

</div></div>

Let the bleating begin! St. </div></div>

Addicted Cyberstalkers, they suffer from pathologiical self importance, with no clue of how completely indifferent we are to their yapping irrelevance!

Such power! I am drunk with power over the yappers!

Notice, they don't stalk my threads when I point out one of the Repiglican's HUGE, F-up's, and resulting Congressional loss!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sev
02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:

For 8th graders:

Q

</div></div>

The point is they are not worth the money they are being paid.

Any literate individual can teach a child how to read. Yet it appears that it is beyond the scope the abilities of the unionized professionals to do so.

Sev
02-23-2011, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to the same report quoted in the article, Wisconsin is slightly better than the national average.

For 4th graders:

For 8th graders:

Q

</div></div>

SO whats your point Q?

It appears you are affirming what I posted. Proficient reading skills should be in the mid to upper 90 percentile by the 5th grade.

pooltchr
02-23-2011, 09:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Excellent post.The truth will set them free.
</div></div>

Not when they continuously put the truth on "total ignore"

Steve