PDA

View Full Version : Collective punishment.



Qtec
02-23-2011, 06:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Scott Walker To Democrats: <u>Come Home Or The Workers Get It</u> </span>

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) took to the state airwaves Tuesday evening to offer another defense of his controversial budget package, which includes a provision that would strip many state workers of their collective bargaining rights. Speaking to camera, Walker repeated his threat of layoffs to come, if 14 state Senate Democrats who skipped town to prevent a vote from taking place, don't return to Madison. Walker said the protesters still packed in and around the state Capitol in Madison don't represent the people of Wisconsin.

"As more and more protesters come in from Nevada, Chicago and elsewhere, I'm not going to allow their voices to overwhelm the voices of the millions of taxpayers all across this state who know we're doing the right thing," Walker said. "This is a decision that Wisconsin will make."

Walker warned of "dire consequences" if the AWOL Senate Democrats -- who left the state last week to prevent the Senate from getting the necessary quorum to vote on Walker's budget bill -- don't return to Madison immediately.

The people who will suffer if the Democrats stay away, Walker said, will be the very state workers they say they're trying to protect.

"Failure to act on this budget repair bill means at least 1,500 state workers will be laid off before the end of June," he said. "If there's no agreement by July 1, another 5-6,000 state workers as well as 5-6,000 local government employees would also be laid off."

Walker said that if the Democrats don't come home soon, the responsibility for those potentially 10,000 plus layoffs will fall squarely on their shoulders.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Walker again made it clear that he was not going to be the one to back down or yield to compromise. <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 23pt'>So it will be HIS fault.</span></span></span></div></div>

link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/scott-walker-to-democrats-come-home-or-the-employed-get-it.php?ref=fpa)

Q...just wondering, is his full name Scott 'I am the decider' Walker?

Gayle in MD
02-23-2011, 06:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Scott Walker To Democrats: <u>Come Home Or The Workers Get It</u> </span>

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) took to the state airwaves Tuesday evening to offer another defense of his controversial budget package, which includes a provision that would strip many state workers of their collective bargaining rights. Speaking to camera, Walker repeated his threat of layoffs to come, if 14 state Senate Democrats who skipped town to prevent a vote from taking place, don't return to Madison. Walker said the protesters still packed in and around the state Capitol in Madison don't represent the people of Wisconsin.

"As more and more protesters come in from Nevada, Chicago and elsewhere, I'm not going to allow their voices to overwhelm the voices of the millions of taxpayers all across this state who know we're doing the right thing," Walker said. "This is a decision that Wisconsin will make."

Walker warned of "dire consequences" if the AWOL Senate Democrats -- who left the state last week to prevent the Senate from getting the necessary quorum to vote on Walker's budget bill -- don't return to Madison immediately.

The people who will suffer if the Democrats stay away, Walker said, will be the very state workers they say they're trying to protect.

"Failure to act on this budget repair bill means at least 1,500 state workers will be laid off before the end of June," he said. "If there's no agreement by July 1, another 5-6,000 state workers as well as 5-6,000 local government employees would also be laid off."

Walker said that if the Democrats don't come home soon, the responsibility for those potentially 10,000 plus layoffs will fall squarely on their shoulders.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Walker again made it clear that he was not going to be the one to back down or yield to compromise. <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 23pt'>So it will be HIS fault.</span></span></span></div></div>

link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/scott-walker-to-democrats-come-home-or-the-employed-get-it.php?ref=fpa)

Q...just wondering, is his full name Scott 'I am the decider' Walker?

</div></div>

And they all ran on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.... LMAO!

The STUPID sheep have done it AGAIN!

The ONLY thing Repiglicans care about is political power, and pandering to the wealthy, for their hidden payoffs, and corporate billions to come when they leave office.

The Bribe Takers, supported by the stupid sheep.

Bah Bah Bah!

G.

Sev
02-23-2011, 08:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Scott Walker To Democrats: <u>Come Home Or The Workers Get It</u> </span>

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) took to the state airwaves Tuesday evening to offer another defense of his controversial budget package, which includes a provision that would strip many state workers of their collective bargaining rights. Speaking to camera, Walker repeated his threat of layoffs to come, if 14 state Senate Democrats who skipped town to prevent a vote from taking place, don't return to Madison. Walker said the protesters still packed in and around the state Capitol in Madison don't represent the people of Wisconsin.

"As more and more protesters come in from Nevada, Chicago and elsewhere, I'm not going to allow their voices to overwhelm the voices of the millions of taxpayers all across this state who know we're doing the right thing," Walker said. "This is a decision that Wisconsin will make."

Walker warned of "dire consequences" if the AWOL Senate Democrats -- who left the state last week to prevent the Senate from getting the necessary quorum to vote on Walker's budget bill -- don't return to Madison immediately.

The people who will suffer if the Democrats stay away, Walker said, will be the very state workers they say they're trying to protect.

"Failure to act on this budget repair bill means at least 1,500 state workers will be laid off before the end of June," he said. "If there's no agreement by July 1, another 5-6,000 state workers as well as 5-6,000 local government employees would also be laid off."

Walker said that if the Democrats don't come home soon, the responsibility for those potentially 10,000 plus layoffs will fall squarely on their shoulders.

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>Walker again made it clear that he was not going to be the one to back down or yield to compromise. <span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 23pt'>So it will be HIS fault.</span></span></span></div></div>

link (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/scott-walker-to-democrats-come-home-or-the-employed-get-it.php?ref=fpa)

Q...just wondering, is his full name Scott 'I am the decider' Walker?

</div></div>

And they all ran on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.... LMAO!

The STUPID sheep have done it AGAIN!

The ONLY thing Repiglicans care about is political power, and pandering to the wealthy, for their hidden payoffs, and corporate billions to come when they leave office.

The Bribe Takers, supported by the stupid sheep.

Bah Bah Bah!

G. </div></div>

Fail.

Walker is following through on his campaign promise.

The people voted him in and expect him to do so.
<span style='font-size: 23pt'>
Now what was that quote from Obama to McKain??

OH yah. "The election is over. We won.".</span>

Qtec
02-23-2011, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walker is following through on his campaign promise. </div></div>

Please show where he campaigned on union busting.
Any direct quotes from speeches where he said he planned to take away worker's rights?

Q...keep digging..... why don't you start here (http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/article_10e4ae3a-e808-11df-be82-001cc4c002e0.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walker may find campaign promises hard to keep

MADISON - Hours after winning election as Wisconsin governor, Republican Scott Walker began work on what may prove a harder task - following through on his campaign promises.

There were a lot of them, and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>most involve cutting taxes when Wisconsin is already facing a $2.7 billion budget shortfall over the next two years.</span>


..Walker also promised to help the state create 250,000 new jobs over the next four years and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"get government out of the way" so private businesses could turn the economy around.</span> <span style="color: #990000"> A strategy that has failed time and time again and is primarily responsible for the present US and world crisis.. </span> At his victory party, he told supporters his win signaled that "Wisconsin is open for business." </div></div>

Q


Q

Gayle in MD
02-23-2011, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walker is following through on his campaign promise. </div></div>

Please show where he campaigned on union busting.
Any direct quotes from speeches where he said he planned to take away worker's rights?

Q...keep digging..... why don't you start here (http://lacrossetribune.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/elections/article_10e4ae3a-e808-11df-be82-001cc4c002e0.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walker may find campaign promises hard to keep

MADISON - Hours after winning election as Wisconsin governor, Republican Scott Walker began work on what may prove a harder task - following through on his campaign promises.

There were a lot of them, and <span style='font-size: 17pt'>most involve cutting taxes when Wisconsin is already facing a $2.7 billion budget shortfall over the next two years.</span>


..Walker also promised to help the state create 250,000 new jobs over the next four years and <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"get government out of the way" so private businesses could turn the economy around.</span> <span style="color: #990000"> A strategy that has failed time and time again and is primarily responsible for the present US and world crisis.. </span> At his victory party, he told supporters his win signaled that "Wisconsin is open for business." </div></div>

Q


Q </div></div>

Exactly. He can't come up with one single Republican who would answer the question, HOW. How are you planning to address the deficit.

They ALL passed!

The ONLY things they admit to doing, is losing JOBS!

WTF????

The Shock Doctrine, in action.

Americans are agsint this, nor for it, by a wide margin.

Sev
02-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Technically the Unions are not being busted.
They are still allowed to operate and its members are being given the right to opt out. Whereas at the moment employee's have no choice but to join the union.

Also in Wisconsin the state takes the union dues directly out of the employee's paycheck and sends it to the union.

Walker is doing the job he was elected to do. To expect everybody to be happy about it is ridiculous.

By the way the previous governor raised taxes by 1 billion dollars and it still did not fix the problem.

Qtec
02-23-2011, 08:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Technically the Unions are not being busted.
They are still allowed to operate and its members are being given the right to opt out. Whereas at the moment employee's have no choice but to join the union.

Also in Wisconsin the state takes the union dues directly out of the employee's paycheck and sends it to the union.

Walker is doing the job he was elected to do. To expect everybody to be happy about it is ridiculous.

By the way the previous governor raised taxes by 1 billion dollars and it still did not fix the problem.

</div></div>


Please show where he campaigned on union busting.
Any direct quotes from speeches where he said he planned to take away worker's rights?


Q

Gayle in MD
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Technically the Unions are not being busted.
They are still allowed to operate and its members are being given the right to opt out. Whereas at the moment employee's have no choice but to join the union.

Also in Wisconsin the state takes the union dues directly out of the employee's paycheck and sends it to the union.

Walker is doing the job he was elected to do. To expect everybody to be happy about it is ridiculous.

By the way the previous governor raised taxes by 1 billion dollars and it still did not fix the problem.

</div></div>


Please show where he campaigned on union busting.
Any direct quotes from speeches where he said he planned to take away worker's rights?


Q </div></div>

The sheep are so dumb.

While all of this BS about UNIONS.... yet they willingly, completely overlook the entire Republican History, of stealing trillions, and holding it all off the accounting records.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU4GdHLUHwU&feature=related

Sev
02-23-2011, 08:57 AM
There are non to my knowledge. And there does not have to be.

It does not alter the fact that he is following through on his campaign pledge to do what is needed to solve WI deficit problem.

What rights exactly is he taking away that the non union private sector enjoys.

Qtec
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Finally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are non to my knowledge. And there does not have to be. </div></div>

These union busting measures came out of the blue. He never mentioned any of this in his campaign, and so <u>to claim he has a mandate to do something nobody voted for is total BS.</u>

Q

Sev
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Post where in the law it is stated and prevents elected officials from proposing legislation that was not in their campaign and then enacting it.

Qtec
02-23-2011, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post where in the law it is stated and prevents elected officials from proposing legislation that was not in their campaign and then enacting it. </div></div>

Stop squirming. You said he campaigned on these radical measures, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>he didn't.
</span>
Q...end of story.

pooltchr
02-23-2011, 10:53 AM
He campaigned on fixing the state budget problems.
This is just one way of addressing that issue.

How simple does it have to be before you comprehend anything?

Steve

LWW
02-23-2011, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Any direct quotes from speeches where he said he planned to take away worker's rights?


Q </div></div>

What rights did he take away?

LWW

LWW
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Finally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are non to my knowledge. And there does not have to be. </div></div>

These union busting measures came out of the blue. He never mentioned any of this in his campaign, and so <u>to claim he has a mandate to do something nobody voted for is total BS.</u>

Q </div></div>

Ummm ... yes he did (http://chippewa.com/news/local/article_846ab984-e827-11df-998b-001cc4c002e0.html), and he also had a history of it from when he was executive of Milwaukee County.

But, in your defense, you were merely repeating the party "TRUTH" that they told you that you believed.

What a putz.

LWW