PDA

View Full Version : Fox reverses poll results

Qtec
02-24-2011, 02:01 AM
Have they no shame?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox reverses poll results to portray public as anti-union

A new poll was released Wednesday showing the public<u> strongly supports union bargaining rights by a two-to-one margin.</u> The Fox News Channel’s “Fox and Friends” program displayed and voiced the results of the poll backwards, in a way that depicts the public as strongly opposed to unions </div></div>

http://www.rawstory.com/images/new/foxpoll.jpg

link (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/02/fox-reverses-poll-results-to-portray-public-as-anti-union/)

Once again, Fox caught red handed, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>making stuff up</span>.

Q

LWW
02-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Do you have a link to the actual poll?

None of your sources seem to be willing to provide it?

LWW

LWW
02-24-2011, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Once again, Fox caught red handed, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>making stuff up</span>.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mere slip, which happens to all in the media. </div></div>

LWW

Qtec
02-24-2011, 04:52 AM
It was there within the link.

link (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/23/americans-favor-union-bargaining-rights-by-2-1-margin-poll/)

link (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-22-poll-public-unions-wisconsin_N.htm)

Q

LWW
02-24-2011, 05:13 AM
Actually both of those are links to stories about this so far mythical poll ... neither is a link to the poll itself.

Without a link to the poll and the methodology, the results mean absolutely nothing.

I believe in polls when done in the proper manner, some folks disagree.

I'll quote one of them:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polls don't mean anything.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you make a claim, you post a link.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don’t have to prove anything.

Q </div></div>

LWW

Qtec
02-24-2011, 05:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually both of those are links to stories about this so far mythical poll ... neither is a link to the poll itself. </div></div>

Are you saying USA Today made it up?

Q.....find it yourself.

LWW
02-24-2011, 05:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually both of those are links to stories about this so far mythical poll ... neither is a link to the poll itself. </div></div>

Q.....find it yourself. </div></div>

I'm saying that, for whatever reason, they don't want their methodology to be viewed.

Yes, that raises suspicions.

At least to thinking people.

LWW

Qtec
02-24-2011, 05:46 AM
a link you will love (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/22/gallup-61-oppose-laws-limiting-collective-bargaining-rights-for-public-unions/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q. Would you favor or oppose a law in your state taking away some collective bargaining rights of most public unions, including the state teachers union? </div></div>

61% said they would be against it. Totally the OPPOSITE of what the Fox disinfo machine said was the case.

Q...they made it up. They make stuff up.

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually both of those are links to stories about this so far mythical poll ... neither is a link to the poll itself. </div></div>

Q.....find it yourself. </div></div>

I'm saying that, for whatever reason, they don't want their methodology to be viewed.

Yes, that raises suspicions.

At least to thinking people.

LWW </div></div>People may think they have an education but yet they cannot think for themselves.They can read and paste others writtings but they cannot comprehend.Comprehension is a wonderful gift.Either a person can comprehend or they cannot.
It is similier to finding the truth.When one finds the truth they should/must accept it as it is fact.The truth is alot like history it is there and cannot be changed.
Erwin Schroedinger,Werner Heisenberg and others proved the facts.Once it is proven it is truth.Albert Einstein had serious theoretical issues with quantum mechanics and tried for many years to disapprove or modify it.The facts were the truth.Although not liked it had to be accepted as it was the truth.The truth will always set one free.
Jesus loves everyone.

LWW
02-24-2011, 06:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> a link you will love (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/22/gallup-61-oppose-laws-limiting-collective-bargaining-rights-for-public-unions/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q. Would you favor or oppose a law in your state taking away some collective bargaining rights of most public unions, including the state teachers union? </div></div>

61% said they would be against it. Totally the OPPOSITE of what the Fox disinfo machine said was the case.

Q...they made it up. They make stuff up. </div></div>

You don't know that ... you are accepting it because it was on the sppon for you.

I, OTOH, asked for evidence before I formed an opinion.

LWW

Qtec
02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
DENIAL.

You believe Freedomworks but not Gallop and USA Today!

Q

LWW
02-24-2011, 07:16 AM
I believe what I can verify.

And, FREDOMWORKS had evidence of moonbat treachery in the form of video.

You, as usual, have spoon fed innuendo.

Next deflection please?

LWW

Sev
02-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Actually the pole reversed to 60% against all collective bargaining rights being removed.

However when the question is asked differently based on the economic conditions the pole flips back and the unions loose.

Its all in how the question is presented.

pooltchr
02-24-2011, 08:34 AM
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>Why would someone who is on record as saying that polls mean nothing, start a thread about polls?</span>

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-24-2011, 08:52 AM
LMAO! He tried to use poll numbers to offset the findings of several hundred historians!

Without even having to read that thread, one knew he was trying to compare a poll result, after we've just had a whole damned month devoted to glorifying RR for his unbirthday, and failed policies...(do people still have birthdays after their dead??? It took them a damn week to bury that man!) to shoot down the complicated and complex multi level assessment formula, of several HUNDRED, HISTORIANS, and their appraisal of presidential value and historical results of policies!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Selective non thinking approach, I'd say! I call it Attention Deficit Elephantitis! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
I suspected something like that was the case, that both sides picked the question they liked ... and in typical Gallup fashion the methodology was such that one could get whatever answer they wanted from it.

The odd thing is that I can't find it on Gallup's site.

LWW

LWW
02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Because they're a tool for $100.00 Steve.

LWW

eg8r
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Nope, he is saying you probably were smart enough to mis-interpret it.

eg8r

LWW
02-24-2011, 05:36 PM
So nobody has yet found a link to the actual poll?

And we are supposed to lick the spoon and believe it as gospel?

Oh dear!

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 02:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>Why would someone who is on record as saying that polls mean nothing, start a thread about polls?</span>

Steve </div></div>

I didn't. This thread isn't about the result of the poll, <span style='font-size: 17pt'>its about Fox not liking the result and and just plain lying about it. </span> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox reverses poll results </div></div>

I don't care whether the poll is correct or not, its irrelevant.

Q

LWW
02-25-2011, 04:47 AM
How can you say they reversed the poll results without seeing the poll?

You may actually be right ... but the poll remains unseen.

Until then, you are simply reinforcing the general opinion of you as a spoon fed tool.

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 05:00 AM
You still don't get it. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Even if its MADE UP and the poll is a total fabrication, my post still stands.</span>

Get it now?.... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eh No! </div></div>

They got a poll they didn't like and because it went against the story they wanted to tell, they made stuff up.
Instead of ignoring it, [ which they probably couldn't do because it was a USA Today/Gallop poll- relatively non partisan.] they choose to present the results in a manner that that gave a totally false impression than what the poll showed.
If you watch the video, they just lied. They MADE UP their own version.

Q

LWW
02-25-2011, 05:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still don't get it. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Even if its MADE UP and the poll is a total fabrication, my post still stands.</span>

Q </div></div>

Thanks for the confession.

If Gallup told you the lie you wanted to hear, that's cool to you ... but if Fox lied about the lie told by Gallup you are pizzed.

That in a nutshell is what I have always claimed about you.

BRAVO!

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 05:14 AM
It amazing....you STILL don't get it.

Q

LWW
02-25-2011, 05:41 AM
Oh no ... I <span style='font-size: 14pt'>TOTALLY</span> get it.

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 05:55 AM
If you get it, <span style='font-size: 26pt'>what is it then.</span>

LOL

Hint [ check my posts, its all there.]

Q

sack316
02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Why doesn't the story mentioned in the OP also tell its readers that the error was corrected a few minutes later?

Sack

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 09:00 AM
They have a history of leaving their lies in place, until they realize they have been highlighted, and exposed, and sometimes, even then, they deny what has been proven, much like some on here have a habit of doing.

They know in advance, their viewers aren't going to "Get it."

Any cable network which would employ a total nutcase, like Beck, can't be taken seriously, in the first place, IMO.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

sack316
02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have a history of leaving their lies in place, until they realize they have been highlighted, and exposed, and sometimes, even then, they deny what has been proven, much like some on here have a habit of doing.

Any cable network which would employ a total nutcase, like Beck, can't be taken seriously, in the first place, IMO.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

And that's certainly an acceptable opinion to have. My question was as to why the story quoted here didn't mention that there was a correction done only a few minutes later. Q's post quoted rawstory, whose source in their article for the video is mediamatters.

Their take is that "they just lied" and limit their video (and opinion) to the portion where there was a mistake made... and give no mention to the fact that it was corrected not long afterwards with the correct results. I for one certainly appreciate the irony in that they use a misleading "half-truth" as a means of 'proving' someone else lied. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sack

Sev
02-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Half truths and lies are all that matter to the left as long as it pushes their agenda forward.

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 09:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have a history of leaving their lies in place, until they realize they have been highlighted, and exposed, and sometimes, even then, they deny what has been proven, much like some on here have a habit of doing.

And that's certainly an acceptable opinion to have. My question was as to why the story quoted here didn't mention that there was a correction done only a few minutes later. Q's post quoted rawstory, whose source in their article for the video is mediamatters.

Their take is that "they just lied" and limit their video (and opinion) to the portion where there was a mistake made... and give no mention to the fact that it was corrected not long afterwards with the correct results. I for one certainly appreciate the irony in that they use a misleading "half-truth" as a means of 'proving' someone else lied. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Sack </div></div>

You are assumming that is was a mistake, when IMO, the reality of Fox, is that their "Mistakes" are seldom "Mistakes" and have been consistantly, intentional distortions of actual truth.

Why would anyone assume, this was a Mistake, when we know their history?

And again, why would anyone give the benefit of a doubt, to a cable organization, which employs the most disturbing, and mentally disturbed, personality on cable, acts as a free campaign organization, for Republicans, and particularly when their "mistakes" are really always distortions, AND are ALWAYS "mistakes" in favor of the Radical RW take on every single issue.

Every quoted post, cannot contain every fact, of every event or issue. The Irony, if one could call it that, is that their, "Mistakes" lol, always favor the radical RW version of realiity.

It was no mistake, IMO.

G.

Sev
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Another conspiracy??? Really???

sack316
02-25-2011, 09:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have a history of leaving their lies in place, until they realize they have been highlighted, and exposed, and sometimes, even then, they deny what has been proven, much like some on here have a habit of doing.

Sack </div></div>

You are assumming that is was a mistake, when IMO, the reality of Fox, is that their "Mistakes" are seldom "Mistakes" and have been consistantly, intentional distortions of actual truth.

Why would anyone assume, this was a Mistake, when we know their history?

And again, why would anyone give the benefit of a doubt, to a cable organization, which employs the most disturbing, and mentally disturbed, personality on cable, acts as a free campaign organization, for Republicans, and particularly when their "mistakes" are really always distortions, AND are ALWAYS "mistakes" in favor of the Radical RW take on every single issue.

Every quoted post, cannot contain every fact, of every event or issue. The Irony, if one could call it that, is that their, "Mistakes" lol, always favor the radical RW version of realiity.

It was no mistake, IMO.

G.
</div></div>

Again, that's fine. But how much truth is it to give half the story, or intentionally leave out other parts? I'm not giving a pass to Fox here... I'm just pointing out RS and MM did the same thing they are speaking against.

Sack

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Pretty simple, really, Fox hadn't backed off the fake numbers, at the time that Q posted this story...

How could media matters report something that hadn't even happened yet.

They did post an update at MM.....

Fox Airs Backward Graphic To Falsely Claim "61 Percent" Of Americans "In Favor Of Taking Away"
Kilmeade: According To USA Today/Gallup Poll, "61 Percent In Favor Of Taking [Bargaining Rights] Away." On the February 23 edition of Fox News' Fox & Friends, co-host Brian Kilmeade brought on a panel of guests to discuss the ongoing protests in Wisconsin, sparked by Gov. Scott Walker's proposal to cut benefits and eliminate most collective bargaining rights for some public employees. While talking to Democratic strategist Robert Zimmerman, Kilmeade discussed the results of a recent USA Today/Gallup poll to falsely claim that "61 percent" of those polled are "in favor of taking [collective bargaining rights] away." From the broadcast:

KILMEADE: Wow. But is President Obama out of step with history? Joining us now to debate it, knock it around just a little bit, Democratic strategist Robert Zimmerman and Jim Glassman, Director of the Bush Center and author of the book Safety Net. First things first, Robert, do you think the president is taking a big risk here?

ZIMMERMAN: Not at all. I think he's showing respect for history and respect for our history of supporting the rights and safety of workers, but more than that, he's speaking for the mainstream of our country and the main stream of Republican governors that are not siding with Governor Walker in his efforts to overturn right to work -- collective bargaining.

KILMEADE: I think Gallup, a relatively mainstream poll, has a differing view. And here is the question that was posed, should you take away--will you favor or are you in disfavor of taking away collective bargaining when it comes to salaries for government workers? Sixty-one percent in favor of taking it away. Thirty-three percent oppose. Six percent up in the air. [Fox News, Fox & Friends, 2/23/11]

A graphic claiming that "61 percent" responded "favor" to the question "Collective bargaining -- take it away: favor or oppose?" was aired on-screen during the segment:

[b]From Media Matters:

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>UPDATE: Kilmeade issued a correction during the final minute of Fox & Friends -- 44 minutes after the error -- saying: "I want to correct a poll that we did about 22 minutes ago from Gallup.</span> Sixty-one percent oppose taking collective bargaining away from those people in Wisconsin; 33 percent in favor. I had it reversed. I apologize." In fact, the poll asked if people would oppose a similar law in their own states. A graphic was aired correctly showing that 61 percent of those polled oppose taking collective bargaining away:

http://mediamatters.org/research/201102230006

sack316
02-25-2011, 03:04 PM
See? Now THAT is an answer to a question, thank you!

I see from your response and link that MM did indeed update their story, again thanks.

The link from the OP has yet to be updated (RawStory's take).

Sack

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Sack,
Did you click on the link before you posed the question????

sack316
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
the link in Q's original post? Yes.

Sack