PDA

View Full Version : You have to see this.....really.

Qtec
02-24-2011, 05:18 AM
link (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smith-pretending-wisconsin-is-about-a-fiscal-crisis-is-malarkey/)

Sometimes on Fox they tell the truth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shepard Smith’s conversation today with commentator Juan Williams would likely surprise loyal viewers of both Fox News and MSNBC. Shep’s repeated assertion that there is no longer a budget crisis in Wisconsin and that the battle in the state is all about politics and union-busting was most shocking because that’s the exact argument many of MSNBC’s commentators have made, and continue to be suggesting.

Shep suggested that the Democratic party could be in big trouble if their biggest donors, the unions, lose their power and summed it up as “bust the unions – it’s over.” Furthermore, Shep brought up the fact that the “Koch brothers, among others, were organizing to try to bust labor – it’s what big business wants to do.” Given that the Koch brothers contributed to the campaign of Wisconsin Governor Walker, Shep said people should not be surprised that now they want unions busted. Despite Shep claiming “I’m not taking a side on this, I’m telling you what’s going on,” <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Williams warned Shep that “just by telling the facts, you’re angering a lot of people.” <span style="color: #990000"> ie Fox News top brass.</span></span> </div></div>

How long is he going to last before he gets fired?

Q

pooltchr
02-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Is there a point here, other than the one that says that FOX really is fair and balanced?

Public employees should not be allowed to unionize. All it accomplishes is to try and take more money from the taxpayers.

Why should I have to work and pay for my healthcare insurance, and then have money taken out of my check to pay for someone elses insurance who is supposed to be working for me???

If private employees want to join a union, let them. Government employees should never be allowed to unionize.

Steve

Chopstick
02-24-2011, 08:23 AM
I saw that show. He is essentially correct. Unions membership in the private sector has decreased by 37% and membership in the public sector has increased by 36%. The public sector is the only place that unions have left to leach off of. Take away the union money and the Democrats are history.

LWW
02-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Hoist by thine own petard. Again.

LWW

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Jesus loves them all.

LWW
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Snoopy is hating on Fox for the sin of tolerating differing opinions ... a truly foreign concept to the moonbat crazy left.

Shep Smith is a leftist ... so is Juan Williams ... so is Alan Colmes ... so is Bill O'Reilly.

But, since they don't drink the same swamp water and don't hate Bush 100% the moonbat crazy left despises them.

LWW

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw that show. He is essentially correct. Unions membership in the private sector has decreased by 37% and membership in the public sector has increased by 36%. The public sector is the only place that unions have left to leach off of. Take away the union money and the Democrats are history. </div></div>Excellent post.

Qtec
02-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Take away corporate money and the GOP is history.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unions membership in the private sector has decreased by 37% </div></div>

Why is that, do you think? If total union membership is now only 12% of the working pop, why is it such a big deal?

If you have ever read any history at all you would know why unions exist and why they are a necessity.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Conservatives want to roll back the clock on more than a century of social progress,</span> and they are only <u>going after the unions first because they are the strongest progressive institutions in America.</u> They figure if they can take out the unions first, everything after that — outlawing abortion, ending progress on LGBT and other civil rights, privatizing Social Security and Medicare, etc. — will be relatively easy. </div></div>

From my 'the politics of envy' thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conservatives love to write off progressive populism as “the politics of envy,” saying we envy the rich instead of recognizing them for being the hardworking entrepreneurs they are.
Given that, the current conservative exercise of attacking public employees for getting pensions, decent health care coverage, and occasional salary increases is irony on a scale rarely seen.

Republicans and conservatives’ basic argument is that since private-sector workers have been so thoroughly screwed on wages, health care, and retirement plans in recent decades, those same workers should be mad that teachers and cops and social workers have gotten a little more economic security than they have. If that ain’t the politics of envy, I don’t know what is </div></div>

Q

LWW
02-25-2011, 04:45 AM
You started the thread about Fox supposedly not tolerating different POV's ... when it became apparent that you either never actually read the story, or lack the cognitive skills to comprehend it you then want to make it a thread about why union membership is falling in the US.

Here's your answer ... people tire of seeing 2 hours wages go to the union for no reason other than to promote a Marxist agenda that they oppose ... they tire of union leadership forcing plant closings ... they tire seeing same industry plants net higher wages and benefits than theirs because of the US unions being mob operations since the 1960's.

Anything else I can help you to understand?

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 05:32 AM
Do you know who creates jobs?

People with money to spend.

"Oh, we need to give the super rich more tax cuts and the MC will pay for it."

The MC has less money to spend. Demand falls, lay offs etc.

Wall St CEO gets a $17 million bonus and people get thrown out of their home.

Sounds great the new Republican Utopia.

Q

pooltchr
02-25-2011, 07:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take away corporate money and the GOP is history.

Q </div></div>

Take away union money and the Dems are history. What's your point? The Dems have tried to block the revenue stream to the GOP when they were in power, and you didn't have a problem with that.

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 09:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take away the union money and the Democrats are history.
</div></div>
Precisely! And, that is the entire reason for this Republican assault on Unions. It has NOTHING to do with deficits, NOTHING.

At a time when we need to create MORE jobs, their every action insures more job losses, and in turn, they take a hidden path for political purposes, just as YOU say, to destroy Unions, and The Democratic Party, for the sake of their "One Party ONLY" Goal, and continue to exploit the middle class, and destroy their voice, and their opportunities to advance, in this country.

I find it incredible that the right is so willig to ignore the Grand Theft, that occured on Wall St, and which continues to this day, with gross corruption in the Banking Industry, and 20 plus billions in bonuses just handed out to the same crooks in the financial inidustry, in NYC, yet they attack the very traditional basic rights of American Empolyees to have a voice, by destroying the Unions, the organization which, more than any other, insures decent pay, decent and safe working conditions, and an opportunity to have a voice.

Fascism, was insured, by the RW Activist Supreme Court, in their decision to provide corporate GREEDY PIGS even more opportunities to make us sick, ruin our oversight agencies, destroy the EPA, remove Educational opportunities for the rising generation, and those other hard working Americans, who are trying to rise in our society.

This is truly astounding, and particularly after we have so recently witnessed the results of the Republican mantra, Greed is good, and the RW redistribution of wealth, over the last thirty years, to the top one percent.

Teachers, for exampole, do not go into teaching to become wealthy. We lose the good ones, when they cannot get by on their salaries, as it is, and the Teaching Unions, and other Unions, provide the ONLY protection from the exploitation of the Greedy PIGS in this society, who pollute our environment, make us ill, and then drop us when we expect to get back the insurance coverage which they formally promised to provide.

I truly cannot understand why the right doesn't realize that a strong Middle Class, is essential to a healthy domestic economy.

No nation survives a vast economic void, between the wealthy, and the rest.

G.

Sev
02-25-2011, 09:46 AM
I'll ask again. Do you run a union shop Gayle?

pooltchr
02-25-2011, 10:57 AM
She is not only reading my posts, but now she is quoting from them.

Makes my heart skip a beat!!! LOL

I guess she is as much of a failure putting someone on total ignore as she is when she tries to support her leftist idology!

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smith-pretending-wisconsin-is-about-a-fiscal-crisis-is-malarkey/)

Sometimes on Fox they tell the truth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shepard Smith’s conversation today with commentator Juan Williams would likely surprise loyal viewers of both Fox News and MSNBC. Shep’s repeated assertion that there is no longer a budget crisis in Wisconsin and that the battle in the state is all about politics and union-busting was most shocking because that’s the exact argument many of MSNBC’s commentators have made, and continue to be suggesting.

Shep suggested that the Democratic party could be in big trouble if their biggest donors, the unions, lose their power and summed it up as “bust the unions – it’s over.” Furthermore, Shep brought up the fact that the “Koch brothers, among others, were organizing to try to bust labor – it’s what big business wants to do.” Given that the Koch brothers contributed to the campaign of Wisconsin Governor Walker, Shep said people should not be surprised that now they want unions busted. Despite Shep claiming “I’m not taking a side on this, I’m telling you what’s going on,” <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Williams warned Shep that “just by telling the facts, you’re angering a lot of people.” <span style="color: #990000"> ie Fox News top brass.</span></span> </div></div>

How long is he going to last before he gets fired?

Q </div></div>

Is it just me, or do you recall all of the cries form the right, for Democratics to lose, based on the statements made here about how one party power, was not good for the country?

Talk about moving their line around!

Now they're getting chills down their legs, over the prospect that by busint the Unions, democratacs will be shut out of the elections, completely.

The absurdity of the Supreme Court Decision, especially when they compare the economic power of the corproate fascist pigs, to the money available to unions, pawltry cy comparison, is actually being exposed for the sham that it is, through this organized tactic by Republicans, to throw all elections, in favor of the pigs who steal money from everyone in this country.

I think your thread, some time ago, proved everything we need to know about Fox, Republicans and the ignorance of Republican voters, one in particular: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=328682#Post328682

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pooltchr
02-25-2011, 11:57 AM
What is "pawltry"?

Steve

Soflasnapper
02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a point here, other than the one that says that FOX really is fair and balanced?

Public employees should not be allowed to unionize. All it accomplishes is to try and take more money from the taxpayers.

Why should I have to work and pay for my healthcare insurance, and then have money taken out of my check to pay for someone elses insurance who is supposed to be working for me???

If private employees want to join a union, let them. Government employees should never be allowed to unionize.

Steve </div></div>

Steve, are you saying no government worker should receive benefits from their employer, including health care benefits? It's hard to read your comment any differently. But really?

Why wouldn't this also be true in the private workplace? Why should I as an employer have to subsidize my workers' health care costs, reducing my profit payout, for people who WORK FOR ME?

pooltchr
02-25-2011, 02:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Why should I as an employer have to subsidize my workers' health care costs, reducing my profit payout, for people who WORK FOR ME? </div></div>

Nobody says you have to. You are free to offer whatever pay and benefits you choose to offer. Now understand that your competition across the street might want your better employees enough to offer them more. Then you can decide what you want to do. But you do not have to offer to pay their insurance.

Of course, if Obamacare kicks in, you will have to offer it, or pay a fine.

Steve

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a point here, other than the one that says that FOX really is fair and balanced?

Steve </div></div>

Steve, are you saying no government worker should receive benefits from their employer, including health care benefits? It's hard to read your comment any differently. But really?

Why wouldn't this also be true in the private workplace? Why should I as an employer have to subsidize my workers' health care costs, reducing my profit payout, for people who WORK FOR ME? </div></div>

Some people don't understand that we have all been paying what amounts to a tax, for all of those people who do not buy Health Care Insurance, but instead, they just turn up at the Emergency Rooms, across this country, when they are ill, or in ann accident, for medical care, which they NEVER pay for, and which the rest of us end up paying.

G.

LWW
02-25-2011, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take away the union money and the Democrats are history.
</div></div>
Precisely! And, that is the entire reason for this Republican assault on Unions. It has NOTHING to do with deficits, NOTHING.

At a time when we need to create MORE jobs, their every action insures more job losses, and in turn, they take a hidden path for political purposes, just as YOU say, to destroy Unions, and The Democratic Party, for the sake of their "One Party ONLY" Goal, and continue to exploit the middle class, and destroy their voice, and their opportunities to advance, in this country.

I find it incredible that the right is so willig to ignore the Grand Theft, that occured on Wall St, and which continues to this day, with gross corruption in the Banking Industry, and 20 plus billions in bonuses just handed out to the same crooks in the financial inidustry, in NYC, yet they attack the very traditional basic rights of American Empolyees to have a voice, by destroying the Unions, the organization which, more than any other, insures decent pay, decent and safe working conditions, and an opportunity to have a voice.

Fascism, was insured, by the RW Activist Supreme Court, in their decision to provide corporate GREEDY PIGS even more opportunities to make us sick, ruin our oversight agencies, destroy the EPA, remove Educational opportunities for the rising generation, and those other hard working Americans, who are trying to rise in our society.

This is truly astounding, and particularly after we have so recently witnessed the results of the Republican mantra, Greed is good, and the RW redistribution of wealth, over the last thirty years, to the top one percent.

Teachers, for exampole, do not go into teaching to become wealthy. We lose the good ones, when they cannot get by on their salaries, as it is, and the Teaching Unions, and other Unions, provide the ONLY protection from the exploitation of the Greedy PIGS in this society, who pollute our environment, make us ill, and then drop us when we expect to get back the insurance coverage which they formally promised to provide.

I truly cannot understand why the right doesn't realize that a strong Middle Class, is essential to a healthy domestic economy.

No nation survives a vast economic void, between the wealthy, and the rest.

G.

</div></div>

Then why does Wall Street back this regime?

LWW

LWW
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is "pawltry"?

Steve </div></div>

I think it's a West Virginia specific breed of chicken?

LWW

Qtec
02-26-2011, 01:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">membership in the public sector has increased by 36%. </div></div>

Not true. In 1973 37.6% had union coverage. In 2010 it had dropped to 11.6%.

On the LHS at the bottom (http://www.unionstats.com/)

Q

Qtec
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In New Jersey, public employees clearly see Christie’s cuts as an ideological attack on their ability to organize and influence the political process — by weakening the unions ahead of upcoming elections, Christie may be able to flip the currently Democratic state legislature Republican, thus paving the way for a direct assault on collective bargaining rights:

“I think if there’s a huge Republican sweep, collective bargaining laws for public employee unions could very much come under threat in New Jersey,” said Jeffrey H. Keefe, a professor at Rutgers University’s School of Management and Labor Relations.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Union membership in the state has seen a steady decline since 1983, when 822,000 workers, or 27 percent of the state’s workforce belonged to unions, according to unionstats.com. At the end of 2010, 637,000 workers or just 17 percent of the workforce were union members,</span> according to the website. [...]

“We gotta get this guy Christie out of office, he’s killing us,” said John Dunphy of Kearny, a 25-year member of Local 194. “It seems like they’re picking on the little guy more than the big guys.” </div></div> link (http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/25/main-street-protests/)

Q

LWW
02-26-2011, 04:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">membership in the public sector has increased by 36%. </div></div>

Q

</div></div>

This is largely due to unions mostly representing industrial workers, and the left's campaign to deindustrialize America in defense of Gaia.

Next straw man please.

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-26-2011, 04:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In New Jersey, public employees clearly see Christie’s cuts as an ideological attack on their ability to organize and influence the political process — by weakening the unions ahead of upcoming elections, Christie may be able to flip the currently Democratic state legislature Republican, thus paving the way for a direct assault on collective bargaining rights:

“I think if there’s a huge Republican sweep, collective bargaining laws for public employee unions could very much come under threat in New Jersey,” said Jeffrey H. Keefe, a professor at Rutgers University’s School of Management and Labor Relations.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> Union membership in the state has seen a steady decline since 1983, when 822,000 workers, or 27 percent of the state’s workforce belonged to unions, according to unionstats.com. At the end of 2010, 637,000 workers or just 17 percent of the workforce were union members,</span> according to the website. [...]

“We gotta get this guy Christie out of office, he’s killing us,” said John Dunphy of Kearny, a 25-year member of Local 194. “It seems like they’re picking on the little guy more than the big guys.” </div></div> link (http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/25/main-street-protests/)

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“We gotta get this guy Christie out of office, he’s killing us,” said John Dunphy of Kearny, a 25-year member of Local 194. “It seems like they’re picking on the little guy more than the big guys.” </div></div>

LOL, guess he figured out what he gets, when his fellow voters vote Republican.

I got a feeling, this new Republican social contract, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif lol, is creating some national awareness, LMAO!

G.

pooltchr
02-26-2011, 07:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I got a feeling, this new Republican social contract, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif lol, is creating some national awareness, LMAO!

G. </div></div>

One can only hope!

Steve

Chopstick
02-26-2011, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">membership in the public sector has increased by 36%. </div></div>

Q

</div></div>

That is not what I see.

All public sector workers, 1973 - 23% 2010 - 36.2%.

All private sector workers 1973 - 24.2% 2010 - 6.9%

I am looking at this section:

<span style="color: #006600">I. U.S. Historical Tables: Union Membership, Coverage, Density and Employment, 1973-2010 </span>

I do not think that unions should exist in the public sector.