PDA

View Full Version : The Tower of Babel



Qtec
02-24-2011, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Tower of Babel (Hebrew: מגדל בבל‎ Migdal Bavel Arabic: برج بابل‎ Burj Babil), according to the Book of Genesis,[1] was an enormous tower built in the plain of Shinar (Hebrew: שנער‎).

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." <u>God came down to see what they did </u>and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8). </div></div>


<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God came down to see what they did </div></div>

I thought God was all seeing and omnipotent... now we have him coming down to Earth to 'have a look'!!!!

Please,,,,,,,,,,

Q

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 06:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Tower of Babel (Hebrew: מגדל בבל‎ Migdal Bavel Arabic: برج بابل‎ Burj Babil), according to the Book of Genesis,[1] was an enormous tower built in the plain of Shinar (Hebrew: שנער‎).

According to the biblical account, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "with its top in the heavens...lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the Earth." <u>God came down to see what they did </u>and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withholden from them which they purpose to do." So God said, "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth."(Genesis 11:5-8). </div></div>


<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God came down to see what they did </div></div>

I thought God was all seeing and omnipotent... now we have him coming down to Earth to 'have a look'!!!!

Please,,,,,,,,,,

Q


</div></div>God is everywhere.Are you just trying to disparage the Creator? There is no need,either you believe or you don't.The truth will set you free.

Qtec
02-24-2011, 06:52 AM
No answer then.


Thought so.

Q

Qtec
02-24-2011, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you just trying to disparage the Creator? </div></div>

No. Just pointing out the paradox.

Q

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you just trying to disparage the Creator? </div></div>

No. Just pointing out the paradox.

Q </div></div>Is the paradox really the truth? Seek the truth it is there.

Qtec
02-24-2011, 06:59 AM
You have only questions, no answers...just like LWW...........strange........are you twins?


Q

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 07:12 AM
A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true.
Energy is not continuous but comes in small but discrete units.The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time.
AS Niels Bohr said,"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it".
The truth lies in the abyss which is known to be uncalculable.
I hope that i leave you with an open mind to the universe.
Peace & love
Jesus loves you
JohnnyD.

Qtec
02-24-2011, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Energy </div></div>

Can you read?

Did I mention energy?

Eh.....NO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Subject: Re: The Tower of Babel </div></div>

If you have nothing to say on the topic, just say so. Its not a big deal or anything.

Don't give me that mumbo jumbo crap, I'm not buying it.

Q

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 07:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Energy </div></div>

Can you read?

Did I mention energy?

Eh.....NO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Subject: Re: The Tower of Babel </div></div>

If you have nothing to say on the topic, just say so. Its not a big deal or anything.

Don't give me that mumbo jumbo crap, I'm not buying it.

Q

</div></div>I am not selling.The truth is there for all to find.Open your heart and mind let the truth in.The truth will set you free.

LWW
02-24-2011, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true.
Energy is not continuous but comes in small but discrete units.The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time.
AS Niels Bohr said,"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it".
The truth lies in the abyss which is known to be uncalculable.
I hope that i leave you with an open mind to the universe.
Peace & love
Jesus loves you
JohnnyD. </div></div>

Outstanding post JohnnyD.

Q doesn't understand because he refuses to understand.

Your answer was concise and brilliant.

LWW

Qtec
02-24-2011, 07:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not selling </div></div>

There you go again, who said anything about selling???????????????????

Try reading the WORDS.

Q

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 07:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not selling </div></div>

There you go again, who said anything about selling???????????????????

Try reading the WORDS.

Q </div></div> Walk in peace and goodness today and everyday my good friend.
Peace & Love
Jesus loves you
JohnnyD.

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true.
Energy is not continuous but comes in small but discrete units.The elementary particles behave both like particles and like waves.It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time.
AS Niels Bohr said,"Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it".
The truth lies in the abyss which is known to be uncalculable.
I hope that i leave you with an open mind to the universe.
Peace & love
Jesus loves you
JohnnyD. </div></div>

Outstanding post JohnnyD.

Q doesn't understand because he refuses to understand.

Your answer was concise and brilliant.

LWW </div></div>"LWW is one of the truely great thinkers of the 21st century." -Mahat Magandi-

sack316
02-24-2011, 07:56 AM
It is irony.

Sack

JohnnyD
02-24-2011, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not selling </div></div>

There you go again, who said anything about selling???????????????????

Try reading the WORDS.

Q </div></div>May i respectfully suggest Sir Q that you read and comprehend your previous post.You specifically stated "I am not buying it."Therefore sir my paradox contention is that i am not selling.Do you see the ultimate correlation here?The overview of the different aspects of paradox can be heard loud and clear.Similiar to the aspects of the truth.The truth will set one free.
Peace & Love always
Your friend for life
JohnnyD.
ps.I love everybody!That is my contention.Mine is not to do nor die but to try.