PDA

View Full Version : The Rumor Mill

llotter
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
So, I understand that The Moron does not even communicate with his department heads, several of whom he hasn't talked to since they came into office, not even a phone call.

LWW
02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o219/arkanthill/for_blog/obamatelephone.jpg

I think he's still learning the system.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-24-2011, 07:02 PM
By department heads, you mean cabinet secretaries?

Are you claiming there is a rumor that there are cabinet secretaries he hasn't spoken with whatsoever since January 2009?

Where do you get your rumors from? Word on the street, that kind of thing?

Sev
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Actually its been all over the news.

You know. Between the basketball, the golf and the magical Obama apology tour he probably had a scheduling conflict.

LWW
02-25-2011, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By department heads, you mean cabinet secretaries?

Are you claiming there is a rumor that there are cabinet secretaries he hasn't spoken with whatsoever since January 2009?

Where do you get your rumors from? Word on the street, that kind of thing? </div></div>

That is just precious coming from someone who trumpets "RUMORMILLNEWS.COM" as a credible source which simply must be believed.

It was in NY mag.

LWW

Qtec
02-25-2011, 06:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>who trumpets</u> "RUMORMILLNEWS.COM" as a credible source which <u>simply must be believed.</u> </div></div>

LMFAO...........what a nut job you are.

Then again, you might have something there. The countless threads from S about how the RM is the be all and end all of definitive information should have given it away.
Can't imagine why I didn't see it sooner.

Q...........must have been all the crap posts of yours flooding the board.

Stretch
02-25-2011, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>who trumpets</u> "RUMORMILLNEWS.COM" as a credible source which <u>simply must be believed.</u> </div></div>

LMFAO...........what a nut job you are.

Then again, you might have something there. The countless threads from S about how the RM is the be all and end all of definitive information should have given it away.
Can't imagine why I didn't see it sooner.

Q...........must have been all the crap posts of yours flooding the board. </div></div>

Word on the street;

first man- "ya that LWW sure is an idiot"

second man- (very indignant) "He's a good Republican!"

first man- "that makes it official"

St.

llotter
02-25-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes, cabinet secretaries is what the rumor specifies yet Trumpka is in the WH several times a week and on the phone virtually every day.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/f...ars-oops-video/ (http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/2011/01/25/obamas-sounds-of-silence-some-top-cabinet-members-havent-heard-from-potus-in-2-years-oops-video/)

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, cabinet secretaries is what the rumor specifies yet Trumpka is in the WH several times a week and on the phone virtually every day.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/f...ars-oops-video/ (http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/2011/01/25/obamas-sounds-of-silence-some-top-cabinet-members-havent-heard-from-potus-in-2-years-oops-video/) </div></div>

LMAO!

From your own source, a radical RW source.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to an article by John Heileman in New York Magazine, President Obama hasn’t conferred with some half dozen cabinet members — that’s two years for those keeping score at home. But hey, when you’re this smart, why consult with anybody?

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Obviously there have been the group cabinet meetings, but we’re talking either picking up the phone for a lengthy conversation or a Won-on-one personal sit down.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> [b]And, obviously, This president is KNOWN for refusing to allow any member of his cabinet, to sit in those meeting, without giving their gut opinions, and documentation behind them.

Most Presidents, have a policy of being on call, to their Cabinet members, at any hour, of the day, or night.

Cabinet Members are appointed to oversee their perspective responsibilities, on their own, that's what they are for, as the President, is always the guy who takes over the MOST pressing daily issues and events.

This thread is nothing but a ridiculous lie, based on RW radical consistant attackers of the president, who distort reality, to create another pointless, misleading Hit Job, and then YOU post it, with obviously no knowledge of how things work, generally speaking, in the White HOuse, (or anywhere else in the world.)
Another totally pointless post of RW distortions!

There is proof right here:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obviously there have been the group cabinet meetings, but we’re talking either picking up the phone for a lengthy conversation or a Won-on-one personal sit down.

</div></div>
[size:14pt]LMAO! Standerd practice, nothing more, nothing less. </span>

This is another trumped up BS accusation by irrational Nutjobs, like M.M. one of the CRAZIEST people who has ever been in front of a camera.

How the right thinks anyone could respect their Pundits, and Talking Heads, is beyond me, that is enough to prove their ignorance...right there.</div></div>

llotter
02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
You really shouldn't doctor up the quote from the source to make it say something different than intended.

When you add words, they should appear outside of the quote.

Gayle in MD
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
When you post on a forum, you shouldn't post UNDOCUMENTED RUMORS.

I bolded whatever print I added. Guess you are too easily confused to get it...

Additionally, many of us here, do so.

Additionally, who added this, inside the quote, at the bottom????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> From the perspective of the ignored cabinet members though, how cool would it be to work at a job where the boss hasn’t felt the need to speak with you in two years?
</div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

And BTW that is a LIE! But I'm not surprised it comes from YOU! there is no source for this LIE, other than another RW lying pos, who is spreading rumors, with NO DOCUMENTED PROOF, and a MORON on this forum, who spread undocumented RUMORS, from radical RW NUTJOBS..

Soflasnapper
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, I understand that The Moron does not even communicate with his department heads, several of whom he hasn't talked to since they came into office, not even a phone call. </div></div>

This doesn't add up to what you say.

There are 15 cabinet level officials. The claim is that there are perhaps 6 he has not 'called on the phone.' And other miscellaneous complaints that he hasn't reached out to other GOVERNORS, MAYORS, etc. (persons NOT in his cabinet).

This does not mean he hasn't seen them in person (and in fact, that he HAS done that is explicitly acknowledged). It doesn't mean that his chief of staff, other close aids, or the VP haven't talked with them in the meantime. But it does mean he's consulted with the other 9.

There is no evidence that he is so unfamiliar with his cabinet that he mistook the equivalent of his HUD Secretary for a US mayor (“Reagan’s indifference to urban problems was legendary. Early in his presidency, at a White House reception, Reagan greeted the only black member of his Cabinet, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Samuel Pierce, saying: ‘How are you, Mr. Mayor? I’m glad to meet you. How are things in your city?’)

There is no evidence that he decided to go to war without consulting his SecState or SecDef, as W did, apparently consulting no one ahead of that decision but Cheney.

And there is no evidence that he is The Moron, at least with regard to recent presidents.

The fact is that not all cabinet departments are created equal, and some, while not others, are in charge of the the crisis areas in which the president is most fully engaged. Apparently, this criticism really means that Obama concentrates his attention to cabinet officials dealing with the crisis areas, and leaves the more quiet bureaucracies with less direct hands-on attention (which again, does not mean he hasn't had all their input anyway through his intermediaries like his Chief of Staff).

Soflasnapper
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By department heads, you mean cabinet secretaries?

Where do you get your rumors from? Word on the street, that kind of thing? </div></div>

That is just precious coming from someone who trumpets "RUMORMILLNEWS.COM" as a credible source which simply must be believed.

It was in NY mag.

</div></div>

Your claim was false when you first made it, and repetition does not make it less false. I never said that, and still less trumpeted it.

I asked for a source for this claim, since I don't routinely see what Ms. Malkin published on her site. Having now seen the unsourced reporting on which this is based, it doesn't support what was said about it here.

LWW
02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, cabinet secretaries is what the rumor specifies yet Trumpka is in the WH several times a week and on the phone virtually every day.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/f...ars-oops-video/ (http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/2011/01/25/obamas-sounds-of-silence-some-top-cabinet-members-havent-heard-from-potus-in-2-years-oops-video/) </div></div>

Notice how our resident leftists simply must dive into the gutter of ad hominem attacks whenever truth enters the topic.

Snoopy ... sofanapper ... tell us some more about the Obregon-human hybrids from your trustworthy sources.

LWW

LWW
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By department heads, you mean cabinet secretaries?

It was in NY mag.

</div></div>

Your claim was false when you first made it, and repetition does not make it less false. I never said that, and still less trumpeted it.

I asked for a source for this claim, since I don't routinely see what Ms. Malkin published on her site. Having now seen the unsourced reporting on which this is based, it doesn't support what was said about it here. </div></div>

Must I humiliate you further by going back to where you and Snoopy were apoplectic that anyone would question the word of Nussbacher?

Because you and the cabal use doublethink to believe in multiple realities doesn't mean the world does.

LWW

LWW
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, I understand that The Moron does not even communicate with his department heads, several of whom he hasn't talked to since they came into office, not even a phone call. </div></div>

This doesn't add up to what you say.

There are 15 cabinet level officials. The claim is that there are perhaps 6 he has not 'called on the phone.' And other miscellaneous complaints that he hasn't reached out to other GOVERNORS, MAYORS, etc. (persons NOT in his cabinet).

This does not mean he hasn't seen them in person (and in fact, that he HAS done that is explicitly acknowledged). It doesn't mean that his chief of staff, other close aids, or the VP haven't talked with them in the meantime. But it does mean he's consulted with the other 9.

There is no evidence that he is so unfamiliar with his cabinet that he mistook the equivalent of his HUD Secretary for a US mayor (“Reagan’s indifference to urban problems was legendary. Early in his presidency, at a White House reception, Reagan greeted the only black member of his Cabinet, Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Samuel Pierce, saying: ‘How are you, Mr. Mayor? I’m glad to meet you. How are things in your city?’)

There is no evidence that he decided to go to war without consulting his SecState or SecDef, as W did, apparently consulting no one ahead of that decision but Cheney.

And there is no evidence that he is The Moron, at least with regard to recent presidents.

The fact is that not all cabinet departments are created equal, and some, while not others, are in charge of the the crisis areas in which the president is most fully engaged. Apparently, this criticism really means that Obama concentrates his attention to cabinet officials dealing with the crisis areas, and leaves the more quiet bureaucracies with less direct hands-on attention (which again, does not mean he hasn't had all their input anyway through his intermediaries like his Chief of Staff). </div></div>

So the fact that he doesn't communicate with them doesn't mean that he doesn't communicate with them?

You made Orwell proud with that.

LWW