PDA

View Full Version : Missouri. Stemming the Tide of the Illegal Horde.

Sev
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Funny how we only hear about Arizona. Could it be because its a gateway state???</span>

All the states should follow their lead. Its a good start.

<span style="color: #000000">Fri, 25 Feb, 2011

<span style="color: #990000">Missouri Ahead of the Game in Dealing with Illegal Immigrants</span>

Editor's Note: The following appeared in our May 13 issue and is written by State Representative Nita Jane Ayres.

Nita Jane Ayres has agreed to write a follow-up editorial which will appear in our print edition on June 24. The follow-up will take a close look at the state's legislation and how it deals with illegal immigrants.

Weíre down to one week to go in the legislative session and bills are moving through the process at a remarkable pace. My goal is to keep you updated on all the pieces of legislation that may be of interest to you and your family. In the coming weeks, I hope to do that. However, this week I want to talk about an issue that Missouri has already addressed in a variety of ways Ė the issue of illegal immigration. Iím sure youíve seen the headlines about Arizonaís new law aimed at dealing with those who enter our country illegally. It has been called the strictest immigration law in generations. While Missouri hasnít gone to the same lengths as Arizona, our state has made significant policy changes that effectively deal with illegal immigrants who enter our state. Because of those changes, Missouri is ahead of the game when compared to many other states that are now dealing with this issue.

<span style="color: #990000">In 2007, the Missouri General Assembly approved HJR 7 to place on the ballot a proposed constitutional amendment designating English as the official language of Missouri.</span> Voters then went to the polls and approved the measure with nearly 90 percent voting in favor. With that, English became the official language for all governmental proceedings in Missouri. It also means no individual has the right to demand government services in a language other than English. A common language is the cornerstone of a cohesive and united state and country. Ensuring that English is our official language is simply common sense.

<span style="color: #990000">Another measure that directly addresses the issue of illegal immigration was passed in 2008. HB 1549 requires our Highway Patrol and other law enforcement officials to verify the immigration status of any person arrested, and inform federal authorities if the person is found to be here illegally. </span>It also allows Missouri law enforcement officers to receive training to enforce federal immigration laws. Furthermore, the bill makes it clear that illegal immigrants will not have access to taxpayer benefits such as food stamps and health care through MO HealthNet.

With the passage of this legislation, Missouri sent a clear message that illegal immigrants are not welcome in our state, and that they are certainly not welcome to receive public benefits at the cost of Missouri taxpayers.
2009 saw another significant piece of legislation passed dealing with illegal immigration. HB 390 ensures Missouriís public institutions of higher education do not award financial aid to individuals who are here illegally.

<span style="color: #990000">The law also requires all postsecondary institutions of higher education to annually certify to the Missouri Department of Higher Education that they have not knowingly awarded financial aid to students who are unlawfully present in the United States.</span> The bill represents another common sense approach to the issue as it ensures taxpayer dollars are not used to subsidize the education of someone who is in our country illegally.

So while Arizona has made national news for its new law, itís important to remember Missouri has been proactive in addressing this growing problem.

The laws we have on the books help ensure the rights and benefits of Missourians are preserved for actual Missouri citizens. <span style="color: #006600">Itís also important to remember that this country has always opened its arms to immigrants, which is why our nation is often referred to as the great melting pot. Immigrants from all parts of the world have helped make our country what it is today. However, our doors are not open to those who try to live in our country illegally.</span> I believe Missouriís laws make that very clear and give our law enforcement officials the authority they need to deal with the problem.

Thanks again for allowing me to represent you in the state capitol. Feel free to contact me with your concerns, suggestions and ideas. My office phone is 573-751-2492. Email address: nitajane.ayres@house.mo.gov Or write to: State Representative Nita Jane Ayres, House Post Office, State Capitol, Room 233-A, Jefferson City,MO </span>

Sev
02-26-2011, 08:37 AM
The silence is deafening.

pooltchr
02-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm betting the "show me" state has very few illegal aliens sucking the life out of their state!

Here we have nothing but common sense...and it happens to be coming out of the heartland of America....one of those "fly-over" states!

Steve

LWW
02-26-2011, 03:25 PM
They are awaiting the delivery of their opinion.

LWW

Sev
02-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Indeed.
The spoon is being filled.

JohnnyD
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed.
The spoon is being filled. </div></div>Let the spoon be filled with truth.Long live the spoon.

LWW
02-27-2011, 05:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed.
The spoon is being filled. </div></div>

Perhaps double doses will be required.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-27-2011, 02:45 PM
You may notice that Missouri did NOT make federal immigration violations state law violations (which was the issue in AZ).

This is an excellent omission, because making federal law a matter of state enforcement can be extremely costly.

And that additional expense is probably what Gov. Brewer had in mind, despite the AZ financial straits that have resulted in causing poor people to die from lack of necessary organ transplants, because that extra large amount of money will go to her primary financial benefactors, the operators of the private prison system who not only financed her, but from which she got her top personal aides.

Even wonderful anti-immigrant measures ought to be given a cost-benefit ratio analysis. If they cost more than they save, why should they be enacted?

Sev
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes it would be most cost effective if you just shot them the second a toe touched American soil.

If they fall backwards nothing needs to be done.

If they fall forewords get out the backhoe.

JohnnyD
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm betting the "show me" state has very few illegal aliens sucking the life out of their state!

Here we have nothing but common sense...and it happens to be coming out of the heartland of America....one of those "fly-over" states!

Steve </div></div>Excellent post teacher.The truth will set them free.

Qtec
02-27-2011, 09:44 PM
You are the illegal hoard.

Unless your name is Running bull or Sanchez.

Q

JohnnyD
03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are the illegal hoard.

Unless your name is Running bull or Sanchez.

Q </div></div>In february 1616,although he had been cleared of any offence,the Catholic church nevertheless condemned heliocentrism as "false and contrary to scripture".
Sir,i vehemently suspect heresy on your part.Find the truth it is there.
Love and peace
JohnnyD

Sev
03-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Those that we consider the natives were not native to North America.

LWW
03-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Can't we all just get along?

LWW