PDA

View Full Version : What A Pleasure

Gayle in MD
02-26-2011, 03:12 AM
Watching the Winter meeting of the Democratic Governor's Association, led by our great Governor from Maryland, Martin O'Malley, the Chariman of the DGA, was such a pleasure, and engendered a feeling of pride in my political party.

The subjects were about the positive ways that Democratic Governors can meet their challenges, in their states, by investing in, and supporting their constituents, not about how they would target them, demonize them, remove their rights, or single them out for political exploitation.

It was all about making the best use of resources, building competitive opportunities, protecting our beautiful earth, and building competitive opportunities, through a more highly educated work force, investing in Science and technology for cleaner energy, creating those educational opportunites, to meet those high tech requirements, and many other ways which promote building job markets and innovation.

Democratic goverrnors, are not in denial about our energy issues, and how they currently enrich rogue countries, and dictatorships, in the Middle East.

What a contrast, after watching the Repiglican ATTACKS on the Middle Class, and their rights to freedoom of Speech, and the right to organize and negotiate, for weeks, in Wisconsin, compared to listening to Democratic ideas, and the intelligent discourse about their plans for job creation, innovation, aaaaaaaand, protecting existing employees, supporting their educational opportunities to meet the challenges of the Twenty-First Century, and building that resolve, by coming together for our own best interests, as a nation.

There was much talk of private-public partnerships, and how private investments can and should be part of the solutions for rebuilding our grid, adding solar infrastructure to it, rebuilding our airports, ports, bridges, by aliening private-public interests, in a fair way, not turning them against one another. Our Democratic Governors are leading the effort to build private public partnerships, and considerations of trend improvments, rather than solely by using metrics.

There was a great deal of information about the value and power of building community organizations, and how those important organizations, are a key to reducing deficits, and building our communities into compassionate networks, in the public's interets.

After watching the Politics of Fear, demonization, drama and bravado displayed throughout the Repiglican Governor's Assocaition's meeting, I must say, the contrast couldn't be more stunning. They looked like a bunch of frat brothers, getting ready to burn down the goal post, LOL, while the Democratic Governors presented a picture of well educated, fair minded, public representatives, with clear goals for building a better America, not public dictators, all about how to best sling an Axe against their citizens, so they can produce another fixed election.

I did not hear a single comment of a political nature, during the Democratic Governors Association meeting, not a single mention of the opposing party. No politics of personal destruction, at all.

It was all about building America's future, not how to destroy another Party, or opposing representative.

A refreshing change from what we have been witnessing in Wisc, in every way, and nothing remotely like the Republican governors association's meeting!

Hats off to the Democratic party, the party of the people, by the people, and for the people, not the party of cheap political tricks.

The event should be available at this web address, within hours.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/NationalCommitteeW

G.

LWW
02-26-2011, 04:50 AM
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

LWW

cushioncrawler
02-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Sounds like The Greens.
mac.

pooltchr
02-26-2011, 08:13 AM
What they say and what they do are often quite different.

Some day you may actually figure that out.

Maybe...

Steve

LWW
02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
I have my doubts.

LWW

JohnnyD
02-26-2011, 03:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like The Greens.
mac. </div></div>Paddlewheeler exhibit.

LWW
02-27-2011, 05:24 AM
I'd love to see pics.

LWW