PDA

View Full Version : Shocking, Dangerous Gun Rhetoric From GA. Repig!

Gayle in MD
02-26-2011, 06:53 AM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rep. Paul Broun Asked At Town Hall: 'Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?' </span>

The Athens Banner-Herald in Georgia reports that a shocking question was asked at a town hall event held by Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) on Tuesday. According to the article, an audience member asked the congressman, "Who is going to shoot Obama?"

Blake Aued reports:

Broun's press secretary, Jessica Morris, confirmed that the question was indeed, who is going to shoot Obama? "Obviously, the question was inappropriate, so Congressman Broun moved on," she said.
However, rather than confronting the questioner or condemning the question, Broun instead acknowledged "frustration" with Obama, according to the Banner-Herald. The paper reports that Broun responded to the stunning inquiry as follows:

"The thing is, I know there's a lot of frustration with this president. We're going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we'll elect somebody that's going to be a conservative, limited-government president that will take a smaller, who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare."
Read the full story from the Athens Banner-Herald.

UPDATE: Paul Broun issued a statement in which he claims he "was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response."

Tuesday night at a town hall meeting in Oglethorpe County, Georgia an elderly man asked the abhorrent question, "Who's going to shoot Obama?" I was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response; therefore, at that moment I moved on to the next person with a question. After the event, my office took action with the appropriate authorities. I deeply regret that this incident happened at all. Furthermore, I condemn all statements--made in sincerity or jest--that threaten or suggest the use of violence against the President of the United States or any other public official. Such rhetoric cannot and will not be tolerated.
Two witnesses tell Talking Points Memo that Broun laughed after the question was asked. The Banner-Herald reported that the question got "a big laugh" at the event.

Sev
02-26-2011, 07:08 AM
So whats your point???

LWW
02-26-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure what her point is, but an Orioles cap would probably hide it.

LWW

pooltchr
02-26-2011, 03:05 PM
There is no point to the post.

Gyle prides herself on having her detractors on total ignore.

But when a Republican ignores someone, she somehow thinks this is a bad thing.

More hot air...just building her post count.

I'm also wondering how she came to the conclusion in the thread title that the idiot asking the question was a Republican. There's just as much of a possibility that he was a Dem plant!

Steve

JohnnyD
02-26-2011, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is no point to the post.

Gyle prides herself on having her detractors on total ignore.

But when a Republican ignores someone, she somehow thinks this is a bad thing.

More hot air...just building her post count.

I'm also wondering how she came to the conclusion in the thread title that the idiot asking the question was a Republican. There's just as much of a possibility that he was a Dem plant!

Steve </div></div>Another excellent post that speaks the truth.The truth will set her free.

JohnnyD
02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not sure what her point is, but an Orioles cap would probably hide it.

LWW </div></div>Truth slayer you cannot hide the truth,but you knew that.People can try to cover the truth but the truth will still be there.She does not seek nor will she ever find the truth.The truth will set her free.

JohnnyD
02-26-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rep. Paul Broun Asked At Town Hall: 'Who Is Going To Shoot Obama?' </span>

The Athens Banner-Herald in Georgia reports that a shocking question was asked at a town hall event held by Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) on Tuesday. According to the article, an audience member asked the congressman, "Who is going to shoot Obama?"

Blake Aued reports:

Broun's press secretary, Jessica Morris, confirmed that the question was indeed, who is going to shoot Obama? "Obviously, the question was inappropriate, so Congressman Broun moved on," she said.
However, rather than confronting the questioner or condemning the question, Broun instead acknowledged "frustration" with Obama, according to the Banner-Herald. The paper reports that Broun responded to the stunning inquiry as follows:

"The thing is, I know there's a lot of frustration with this president. We're going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we'll elect somebody that's going to be a conservative, limited-government president that will take a smaller, who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare."
Read the full story from the Athens Banner-Herald.

UPDATE: Paul Broun issued a statement in which he claims he "was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response."

Tuesday night at a town hall meeting in Oglethorpe County, Georgia an elderly man asked the abhorrent question, "Who's going to shoot Obama?" I was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response; therefore, at that moment I moved on to the next person with a question. After the event, my office took action with the appropriate authorities. I deeply regret that this incident happened at all. Furthermore, I condemn all statements--made in sincerity or jest--that threaten or suggest the use of violence against the President of the United States or any other public official. Such rhetoric cannot and will not be tolerated.
Two witnesses tell Talking Points Memo that Broun laughed after the question was asked. The Banner-Herald reported that the question got "a big laugh" at the event.
</div></div> Paradox

LWW
02-27-2011, 05:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paradox </div></div>

You mean like this?

http://www.dotcalmvillage.net/webgallery/2ducks.jpg

LWW

JohnnyD
02-27-2011, 05:14 AM
WATERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WATERLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO