PDA

View Full Version : Give Earl credit-he's in good shape

Wally_in_Cincy
09-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Looking at the pictures of Earl, Travis Stamper, Shawn Putnam, and Daulton it's amazing how Earl, being older than those guys, is in such good shape. Doesn't he run 5 miles a day or something. I think that's what I heard.

I wonder how many pros work out regularly. I know Mika Immonen does.

phil in sofla
09-09-2002, 01:15 PM
I only notice his pictures sporadically. However, comparing his jawline in the original Color of Money to either the COM II or the recent Mosconi Cup tapes, he's put on enough weight to make his jaw almost disappear into his thicker neck. So much so, I was going to entitle a thread 'Earl gets weight,' as a play on words.

Part of that could be simply aging, given the time span between those videos, but it seems clear that he is substantially heavier now than earlier in his career.

rackmup
09-09-2002, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: phil in sofla:</font><hr>...the original Color of Money to either the COM II...<hr></blockquote>

What "Color of Money II"? There was only one COM movie, wasn't there? First there was "The Hustler", then "The Color of Money". Right? Or am I losing my mind in my new found freedom?

Regards,

Ken (going to be mad if I missed a pool movie but I don't think I did.)

Drake
09-09-2002, 04:51 PM
The extended match of Efren Vs. Earl is known as "The Color Of Money" match. Efren breaks bad 75 percent of the match and still beats Earl.

Doomsday Machine
09-09-2002, 06:57 PM
I believe The Pearl smokes quite a bit. Furthermore, being a jerk and an [censored] 24/7 helps keep the weight off, a few examples:

John McEnroe, Howard Stern (to a certain extent), Hurricane Higgins (a name from the past), Jerry Jones (Cowboy's owner), Al Davis (Raider's owner), etc.

rackmup
09-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Okay...now I feel stupid but not to worry...that feeling is coming more frequently and I am growing comfortable with it.

Duh.

Regards,

Ken (standing corrected)