PDA

View Full Version : GOP Attacks Women : Weiner Responds

Qtec
02-27-2011, 12:07 AM
Oh boy. Anthony hammers the party of '<u>less regulation</u>' and '<u>less govt intrusion</u>' on their <span style='font-size: 14pt'>hypocrisy</span>.

LOL link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/gop-attacks-women-weiner-responds)

Q

LWW
02-27-2011, 05:57 AM
What did he have to say about the union thugs attacking women?

What's that?

Nothing?

Imagine that.

LWW

Sev
02-27-2011, 07:01 AM
By the title I thought Q was getting a stiffy.

Gayle in MD
02-27-2011, 07:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh boy. Anthony hammers the party of '<u>less regulation</u>' and '<u>less govt intrusion</u>' on their <span style='font-size: 14pt'>hypocrisy</span>.

LOL link (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/gop-attacks-women-weiner-responds)

Q
</div></div>

From your link:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republicans' twisted justification for cutting funds is that any money that goes to Planned Parenthood, even for cancer screenings, frees up the organization's funds for abortion. But the pragmatic reality shows that cutting such funding would be devastating to women, ending the ability for many of them to prevent pregnancy at low cost and thereby potentially causing more abortions. Cuts that would deprive women of cancer screenings are unconscionable. Because Planned Parenthood treats sexually active women as human beings, it has become target #1.

What's shocking about all these attacks is that the GOP doesn't even pretend to care about women this time around, as they sometimes do--instead, they're waging an all-out war on women's health. One of the most egregious salvos in this war on women is the treatment of "rape" exceptions to a proposed abortion funding ban. A massive outcry arose when the phrase "forcible rape" appeared in the notorious H.R. 3 bill--essentially redefining "acceptable" rape using an arbitrary term. It was a nasty bit of work, allowing for rape exceptions only if was the "right kind of rape." Note to Republicans, women said: all rape is forcible. The bill's sponsors claimed the offensive phrase had been removed. But according to reports on Wednesday, it was still there.

And yet another controversy has followed in this one's wake, thanks to anti-choice congressman Joe Pitts (PA) who introduced a new facet to yet another awful bill, H.R. 358. This new provision would allow emergency room and other hospital and health personnel to refuse emergency care rather than perform abortion procedures they disagree with. As Dante Atkins at Daily Kos writes, “This modification is simple: it would allow hospitals to make a 'decision of conscience' to let women die.”

Yes, you heard that right. Jill Filipovic at Feministe points out the irony that when hospitals refuse life-saving abortions to women, the fetus often dies along with her. So, she writes, “the entire purpose of this bill is to allow ideologues to refuse necessary, life-saving care to patients, if those patients happen to be pregnant.”

</div></div>

This is why I call elected Republicans, Repiglicans. It's the PERFECT name for them.

Repulsive people.

g.

G.

Sev
02-27-2011, 07:56 AM
If a woman is solely responsible for her body she should not need tax payers dollars to deal with her choices.

pooltchr
02-27-2011, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a woman is solely responsible for her body she should not need tax payers dollars to deal with her choices. </div></div>

I hereby nominate this one for post of the year!

Very profound!

Steve

Sev
02-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks Steve.

LWW
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
HEAR HEAR!

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did he have to say about the union thugs attacking women?

What's that?

Nothing?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

To date, I have seen ONE (alleged) "thug" "attacking [a] wom[a]n," not even any alleged evidence of thugS "attacking" womEn.

With over 10 days in total of a scores of thousands of unionists in the streets, to my knowledge there have been ZERO arrests.

In the one clip shown, whomever supplied the clip EDITED OUT the aftermath.

Directly after the incident that was shown, the CONTINUATION OF THAT TAPING captured somebody protesting 'you hit a GIRL?!?!' The man said, 'no, I hit her cell phone.' The question was asked again, 'you hit a GIRL?!?!?,' and again, he replied, 'no, I hit her cell phone.'

LWW
02-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Your hyperpartisanship fits well with the cabal ... you just disguise it a tad better.

LWW

Qtec
02-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Profound my a$$. Both he and you avoided the subject because you you don't want to accept the GOP hypocrisy. sev changed the subject, you ignored it.

Q

Qtec
02-27-2011, 08:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did he have to say about the union thugs attacking women?
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To date, I have seen ONE (alleged) "thug" "attacking [a] wom[a]n," not even any alleged evidence of thugS "attacking" womEn. </div></div>

You can tell he is a Fox viewer. LOL

Q

LWW
02-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Why don't you just answer Q?

LWW

Gayle in MD
02-28-2011, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What did he have to say about the union thugs attacking women?

What's that?

Nothing?

Imagine that.

LWW </div></div>

To date, I have seen ONE (alleged) "thug" "attacking [a] wom[a]n," not even any alleged evidence of thugS "attacking" womEn.

With over 10 days in total of a scores of thousands of unionists in the streets, to my knowledge there have been ZERO arrests.

In the one clip shown, whomever supplied the clip EDITED OUT the aftermath.

Directly after the incident that was shown, the CONTINUATION OF THAT TAPING captured somebody protesting 'you hit a GIRL?!?!' The man said, 'no, I hit her cell phone.' The question was asked again, 'you hit a GIRL?!?!?,' and again, he replied, 'no, I hit her cell phone.'

</div></div>

Hypocrisy abounds from the right.

We have a clip of one of the worst attacks at a public gathering ever filmed, in this country, a woman attacked by Rand Paul's aides, one used his foot to smash a woman's head and shoulders into the concrete, after they pushed her to the ground, for daring to exercise her Constitutional rights!

I have not seen a single documented clip, of any violence, from the Union Supporters......and all intimidation, has come from the Governor's side. All of it!

Republicans are pro-rape. What else can one believe given their attempts to protect rapists, for committing a gross crime, as they demonize women, for exercising their Constitutional Rights, to the point, they prefer seeing a pregnant woman DIE, rather than exercise her rights.

Gross Misogeny, as has been shown, by the Right, in their own words, on this forum, for years.

Repulsive.

G.

Qtec
02-28-2011, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Madison, WI -- In a major victory for the protesters at the Wisconsin state Capitol -- who were supposed to clear out at 4 p.m. CT today, but have remained inside in the hundreds -- Capitol Police Chief Charles Tubbs has announced that those protesters still in the building will be able to stay the night.

...Tubbs also commended the behavior and cooperation of protesters, saying that there had been no arrests made today. At the last time he checked, on Friday, <u>Tubbs said there had only been about a dozen minor arrests in total over the past two weeks.</u>

During that period,<u> many tens of thousands of protesters have come to the Capitol,</u> in order to oppose Gov. Scott Walker's budget repair bill and its anti-public employee union provisions.</div></div>

40.000/70,000 people and only one arrest a day!

Q

Gayle in MD
02-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Yep, and there were NONE, UNTIL THE TEA PARTY SHOWED UP!

I heard one interview in which the Union Protestors were saying that T.Partiers had been sent in to cause trouble, and make it look like it was coming from the left.

Yep, we saw that in florida, documented, that Baker sent in aides from Repiglicans, to make trouble in Ft. Lauderdale, and saw their pictures, highlighted in clips.

Post titles here, calling Union Members, thugs, when history proves, that the violence was always fomented by the Corporate pigs, who were so greedy, they didn't want workers to be safe, or be paid decent wages, or to organize for getting a decent wage.

What Repiglicans want, is slave labor, for the greedy corporate pigs, obviously, who have already stolen most of America's wealth, through illegal operations on Wall St., and elsewhere, AND using Unions, to throw the next election, whichh is thhe ONLY thing Repiglicans are good at doing, throwing elections, proven by one of their operatives, who wrote a book after getting out of jail, for doing just that, and titled it, "How To Throw An Election."

I knew when the T.Partiers were bussed in, some arrests would follow. After all, we have the governor of Wisconsin, admitting to his plot to foment violence, using thugs, to attack his own citizens.

That alone, is enough to have his election win, reversed, it is a Governor, plotting to use violence, breaking the law, plain and simple. Apparently, he decided to use them after all, hence, the arrests. I'm sure that Koch gave him a hand on that, too.

G.

Sev
02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, and there were NONE, UNTIL THE TEA PARTY SHOWED UP!

I heard one interview in which the Union Protestors were saying that T.Partiers had been sent in to cause trouble, and make it look like it was coming from the left.

Yep, we saw that in florida, documented, that Baker sent in aides from Repiglicans, to make trouble in Ft. Lauderdale, and saw their pictures, highlighted in clips.

Post titles here, calling Union Members, thugs, when history proves, that the violence was always fomented by the Corporate pigs, who were so greedy, they didn't want workers to be safe, or be paid decent wages, or to organize for getting a decent wage.

What Repiglicans want, is slave labor, for the greedy corporate pigs, obviously, who have already stolen most of America's wealth, through illegal operations on Wall St., and elsewhere, AND using Unions, to throw the next election, whichh is thhe ONLY thing Repiglicans are good at doing, throwing elections, proven by one of their operatives, who wrote a book after getting out of jail, for doing just that, and titled it, "How To Throw An Election."

I knew when the T.Partiers were bussed in, some arrests would follow. After all, we have the governor of Wisconsin, admitting to his plot to foment violence, using thugs, to attack his own citizens.

That alone, is enough to have his election win, reversed, it is a Governor, plotting to use violence, breaking the law, plain and simple. Apparently, he decided to use them after all, hence, the arrests. I'm sure that Koch gave him a hand on that, too.

G.

</div></div>

Why would the union thugs beat up on their own people???

Self flagellation???

So Gayle are you a union shop?

Sev
02-28-2011, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Profound my a$$. Both he and you avoided the subject because you you don't want to accept the GOP hypocrisy. sev changed the subject, you ignored it.

Q </div></div>

Did I???