PDA

View Full Version : A question to the forum.

LWW
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting other members from different threads.

I see no issue with it, as one's prior statements have a bearing on their credibility in other threads.

Any thoughts?

LWW

Sev
02-27-2011, 10:24 AM
The sniveler should be drawn and quarter!!!

LWW
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Some folks despise accountability I guess.

LWW

Stretch
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting other members from different threads.

I see no issue with it, as one's prior statements have a bearing on their credibility in other threads.

Any thoughts?

LWW </div></div>

Who here would you concider "credible"? St.

pooltchr
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
It confuses those who think one thing is right in one situation, but the opposite it true in another.
They don't like being held accountable for what they think, since it frequently must change.

Steve

Soflasnapper
02-27-2011, 01:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting other members from different threads.

Any thoughts?

LWW </div></div>

Such as your tagline? LOL.

I personally have no problem with the practice.

I will say it is nonsense to quote Q's 'make a claim, post a link' SUGGESTION of a rule for the forum that nobody agreed to, especially to other people who did not suggest it, and did not agree to it, either. Especially when the person posting that admonition ALSO did not agree to it. We have no such rule, or agreed-to custom.

But as nonsense goes, that is the least of it around here, so I also yawn at that nonsense.

pooltchr
02-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Regardless of what you think about Larry, if you are honest, you will admit that he probably adds links to back up his posts more than most posters on the forum.

Steve

LWW
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
The point of quoting Q on that has, as is sadly typical, circling high above your head.

Q will demand links of common knowledge. IE if I claimed that Scott Walker claimed the sky was blue and the grass green ... Q would demand a link, and then ignore it.

OTOH, you can quote Nussbacher's insanity and Q will swallow it off the spoon without hesitation ... solely because it's a lie he wishes to be true.

Next ridiculous point?

LWW

JohnnyD
02-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Any thoughts?

LWW </div></div>Is that person afraid of the truth?YOU have a reputaton for slaying all myths.YOU will find the truth.The truth will set them free.

Qtec
02-27-2011, 10:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting other members from different threads.

Any thoughts?

LWW </div></div>

Such as your tagline? LOL.

I personally have no problem with the practice.

I will say it is nonsense to quote Q's 'make a claim, post a link' SUGGESTION of a rule for the forum that nobody agreed to, especially to other people who did not suggest it, and did not agree to it, either. Especially when the person posting that admonition ALSO did not agree to it. We have no such rule, or agreed-to custom.

But as nonsense goes, that is the least of it around here, so I also yawn at that nonsense. </div></div>

You are either psychic or one smart MoFo. LOL I'm going with the latter.

Fact is, like you said, he is quoting me in threads where I haven't posted. I asked him to stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LWW..: A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting <span style='font-size: 20pt'>other members</span> from different threads. </div></div>

A total lie. I asked him to stop quoting me, not anybody else.

Since HE brought it up, here is our total exchange.

Me,
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stop it.
Stop quoting me in threads I haven't posted in.

If you want to talk to yourself, continue.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forum rules allow anyone to quote anyone, and alkl I'm doing is pointing out your one sided hypocrisy.

Besides that ... I axed my mammy and she done said it be OK.

LWW </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fine, your decision.

Q </div></div>

There you have it. That's it.

Did I mention other members?

Did LWW have the integrity to keep private messages private?

Q

Soflasnapper
02-28-2011, 01:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Regardless of what you think about Larry, if you are honest, you will admit that he probably adds links to back up his posts more than most posters on the forum.

Steve </div></div>

Yes, like abundant footnotes add credibility to ones extensive research. But when the footnotes say the opposite of what you claim (Ann Coulter's novels), or the very linked documents say the opposite of your gloss (LWW's), then all it shows is a stupid mistake at best, but more likely a deliberate and cynical lie (giving credit for intelligence).

Such tactics are agit-prop, with a not well-hidden private agenda.

LWW
02-28-2011, 02:47 AM
That's funny ... being that it is exactly what you, Gee, and Snoopy do repeatedly.

LWW

JohnnyD
02-28-2011, 08:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's funny ... being that it is exactly what you, Gee, and Snoopy do repeatedly.

LWW </div></div>Ohh my!

Soflasnapper
02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's funny ... being that it is exactly what you, Gee, and Snoopy do repeatedly.

LWW </div></div>

Hmmm. Then why are you always requesting/demanding links from us? Doesn't that mean we do NOT do that?

LWW
03-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I seldom demand links ... I do often point out the leftist hypocrisy of saying others have no data and then they spout off insanity.

LWW

JohnnyD
03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I seldom demand links ... I do often point out the leftist hypocrisy of saying others have no data and then they spout off insanity.

LWW </div></div>You slay all myths for sure and that is the truth.

LWW
03-01-2011, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I mention other members?

Q

</div></div>

1 - You are the "OTHER" member you insufferable nit.

2 - Ys, I kept it confidential and didn't mention you as the whining jackaninny.

3 - You leaped forward to claim the crown.

4 - Now you want to be the victim?

How precious is that.

LWW

Sev
03-01-2011, 07:24 PM
HAHAHHAAH HEEE HEEE HAHA!!!

JohnnyD
03-01-2011, 10:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I mention other members?

Q

</div></div>

1 - You are the "OTHER" member you insufferable nit.

2 - Ys, I kept it confidential and didn't mention you as the whining jackaninny.

3 - You leaped forward to claim the crown.

4 - Now you want to be the victim?

How precious is that.

LWW </div></div>Ohh my!

JohnnyD
03-01-2011, 10:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAHHAAH HEEE HEEE HAHA!!! </div></div> HAHAHAHAHA

Qtec
03-02-2011, 02:38 AM
You are a lying turd and everyone but your pinhead brethren can see it. Try taking a basic course in basic English.

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A member of this forum sent me a PM whining about quoting other <span style='font-size: 26pt'>members</span> </div></div>

last time I was in school, members was plural.

Again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>Stop quoting<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u> me</u></span></span> in threads I haven't posted in. </div></div>

????????????

Last time I was in school ME was singular!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 - Ys, I kept it confidential and didn't mention you as the whining jackaninny. </div></div>

Well SoFlasnapper got it straight away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>I will say it is nonsense to quote Q's 'make a claim, post a link' SUGGESTION</u> of a rule for the forum that nobody agreed to, especially to other people who did not suggest it, and did not agree to it, either. Especially when the person posting that admonition ALSO did not agree to it. We have no such rule, or agreed-to custom. </div></div>

Its taken you 4 days to think of a way to spin this and this is the best you can come up with?
Man up and say you were wrong on this one and you might gain a little respect.

Q

Qtec
03-02-2011, 02:41 AM
....and the peanut gallery goes wild.

LOL

Q

LWW
03-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Oh boo-hoo.

If you felt it was wrong to quote you in another thread, one can only logically assume you felt it wrong to quote anyone else as well.

I will give you partial credit however, as I did make the error of forgetting who I was dealing with and assuming you to be logical for a moment.

I apologize to the forum for this error and will redouble my efforts to never assume you to be logical again in the future.

LWW

Qtec
03-02-2011, 05:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one can only logically assume you felt it wrong to quote anyone else as well. </div></div>

Eh NO.,.......... but keep spinning....its starting to get embarrassing.

I'm talking about FACTS, not ASSUMPTIONS. What YOU 'logically assume' has nothing to do with reality.
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Lets keep to what YOU said and I said. </span>

You made a false statement. I proved it was a false statement. Now you squirm and wriggle to escape your own lies.

Keeping digging.

Q..Man up...admit you are wrong on this.

Also, you ignored all the points I made so they must be true because you do not contend them. Real logic.

link (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339285#Post339285)

JohnnyD
03-02-2011, 06:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....and the peanut gallery goes wild.

LOL

Q </div></div>This is the truth.Jesus loves you.

Qtec
03-02-2011, 06:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the truth.Jesus loves you. </div></div>

Prove it.

Q

JohnnyD
03-02-2011, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the truth.Jesus loves you. </div></div>

Prove it.

Q </div></div>Accept the truth as the truth.You shy away of the truth.Post facts,comprehend the facts it just may lead to the truth.Do not be afraid of the truth.The truth will set you free.

LWW
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the truth.Jesus loves you. </div></div>

Prove it.

Q </div></div>

Are you not alive?

LWW

JohnnyD
03-02-2011, 09:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the truth.Jesus loves you. </div></div>

Prove it.

Q </div></div>

Are you not alive?

LWW </div></div>Proof positive.Jesus loves LWW.

LWW
03-03-2011, 02:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Black and yellow, red and white
They're all precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

Whether you're rich or whether you're poor
It matters not to Him
He remembers where you're going
Not where you've been

Jesus loves the little children

If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget

All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure

Jesus loves the little children of the world </div></div>

LWW

JohnnyD
03-03-2011, 09:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus loves the little children

Whether you're rich or whether you're poor
It matters not to Him
He remembers where you're going
Not where you've been

If your heart is troubled
Don't worry, don't you fret
He knows that you have heard His call
And he won't forget

All around the world tonight
His children rest assured
That He will watch and He will keep us
Safe and secure

Jesus loves the little children of the world </div></div>

LWW </div></div>What a wonderful post LWW.You never see this from the others.The mockery continues as you slay the myths.Jesus loves you.