PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

09-09-2002, 09:51 AM

Doctor_D
09-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Good afternoon:

I use the pocket reducers at every practice / drill session. I use "Cue Ball in Hand" to line up a straight shot with the cue ball on the head string and then the object balls one diamond, two diamond and then three diamonds out in sequence. I also use the reducers for 90' cut shots.

Dr. D.

09-09-2002, 10:04 AM

Doctor_D
09-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Good afternoon:

The frustration is offset by the improved performance once the reducers have been removed.

Records are maintained, I have a Five (5) page practice session report I complete with at each session, so that I can monitor my progress.

As far as structured drills are concerned, I have developed my own drill workbook with over Four Hundred (400) table drills with anywhere from Nine (9) to Eleven (11) variations of the drill per table.

Dr. D.

Scott Lee
09-10-2002, 08:02 AM
Whitewolf...Using pocket tighteners is fine, but still only take FIVE attempts at completing the drill...not TWO HOURS! LIke I told you, by doing it over and over you will get angry, bored and frustrated. By just going through the motions, of five attempts at a time, you will find yourself better able to concentrate on the accuracy of your stroke. This is what pockets the balls...even if you are shooting into a 3" pocket! Quit being so hard on yourself! LOL BTW, if you are going to keep using the reducers, make your attempts for 9, not 27. That way 7 looks pretty good!

Scott

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 08:44 AM
i have been trying scott's drill too with my left hand and right hand.i am not nearly as proficient at this as whitewolf and dr d but i guess 'a mile begins with a single step'

bluewolf

ceebee
10-08-2002, 10:53 AM
I use Bert Kinister's Mighty "X" Drill. You learn some discipline with your ADDRESS & your stroke. The drill is performed 3 different ways... The Stop Shot... the Draw Shot... & the Follow Shot. The Draw & the Follow are supposed to make the Cue ball in the correct pocket.
You only get to set up your address, position your bridge, pull it back & fire.... if your address is wrong or your stroke is crooked... you won't succeed. When you get to take a few practice strokes in real life, it feels like a LUXURY.
Bert's Mighty "X" is well worth your investment. The scenario above is only part of the Video... CB

nAz
10-08-2002, 12:52 PM
Why make it so difficult to start with? why not try to set up the shot closer to the pocket and then work your way futher back as you pocket it more consitantly.
makes more sense to me if you master it closer first.(especialy with pocket ruduecers)

sliprock
10-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Wow! Over 400 drills in one workbook? Have you ever considered publishing your collection? Diagram the drill with a brief desciption of what the desired result is. I'd buy it. You could call it "Drillin' with the Dr."

bluewolf
10-08-2002, 03:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr>

Why make it so difficult to start with? why not try to set up the shot closer to the pocket and then work your way futher back as you pocket it more consitantly.
makes more sense to me if you master it closer first.(especialy with pocket ruduecers)
<hr></blockquote>

Naz,
This is exactly what I had to do. I could not do scott's drill the way he originally set it up. I started at the diamond closest to the pocket and worked my way back. I did the same thing learning cut shots. i started with the easier ones (at scotts suggestion) and moved on to the medium difficulty ones, which is where I am now.

bw

nAz
10-09-2002, 09:46 AM
best way to learn does shots, keep prcticing
good luck to you