PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for the leftists?

LWW
02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Why is it that any mention of Barack Hussein Obama Junior being anything less than the divine being you all appear to believe he is, must be answered with one of the following responses:

1 - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>B-B-B-BUT B-B-B-BOOOOSH!!!!</span>

2 - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>B-B-B-BUT P-P-P-PALIN!!!!</span>

3 - <span style='font-size: 17pt'>B-B-B-BUT R-R-R-RAY GUNNNN!!!!</span>

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I didn't realize it was re-run season already, LOL!

Saw this movie when it first came out. Wasn't good then.

LWW
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
I didn't actually expect a serious answer ... but I tried, and gave y'all a chance.

LWW

Soflasnapper
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Yes, now for the second time that I've seen it (hence my response above).

It's pretty simple, actually. We don't get the luxury of doing controlled experiments in judging economic or political policies, so the next best thing is to refer to history for what it might reveal.

The history of W, RR, Clinton, etc., and their respective policies in these areas, are the most recent trials of differing approaches to these policy areas, so people refer back to what happened in these past times to try to make judgments on what the effects are.

Not surprisingly, wars or large scale war preparations are associated with large buildups of debt, as are heavy tax cuts. The only time we made much headway on the deficit was through capping annual spending increases, installing pay-go on both programs and tax cuts, and raising taxes.

If the deficit and the accumulated debt concern you, why wouldn't we return to the only policy mix that did some good, which occurred not in the distant past, but well within most of our memories?

That's a big part of why people refer to these past administrations. The other part is when misleading rhetoric is used to claim the 'worst ever,' or 'never been done before,' when obvious historical comparisons exist to prove these things aren't true.

Reagan officially apologized for the Japanese internment, and Clinton officially apologized for the Tuskegee syphilis experiments (among other apologies, such as the radiation experimentation on servicemen), and now that Obama has done similar things, it is claimed to be unprecedented and unAmerican? Of course, faced with such allegations, the historical context is raised.

LWW
03-01-2011, 05:05 AM
WOW!

LWW