PDA

View Full Version : Moron of the Week

Qtec
03-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Yes, its a Republican...it almost always is.

How do guys like this get elected?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> WASHINGTON -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) is accusing the Obama administration of deliberately driving up energy costs, comparing the destructiveness of high gas prices to the financial troubles of Wall Street.

"This administration's policies have been designed to drive up the cost of energy in the name of reducing pollution, in the name of making very expensive alternative fuels more economically competitive," said Barbour in a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC on Tuesday morning.<span style="color: #990000"> Up till now its an opinion and everyone has one. No problem but now he starts to get a bit loopy.</span>

Barbour cited<span style='font-size: 14pt'> 2008</span> comments by Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who floated the idea of gradually raising gasoline taxes to convince more Americans to adopt energy-friendly habits. "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," he said at the time. <u>President Obama has dismissed the idea of raising the gasoline tax, and in 2009, Chu also distanced himself from his earlier remarks, saying that it would be "completely unwise to want to increase the price of gasoline."</u>

"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>In 2008,</span> $4 gasoline brought my state to its knees before Wall Street melted down," said Barbour, underscoring his point.

In remarks to reporters after the speech, Barbour repeated that the Obama administration's policy "is to drive up energy prices."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"In the United States, <u>it's harder to get a permit to mine coal than it is to get a heart transplant,</u>"</span></div></div>

Crazy eh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

In 2008, BUSH was President!

WTF is he babbling about? Too much G Beck if you ask me. link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/02/haley-barbour-hits-obama-_n_830192.html)

Another. amazing (http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/ten-commandments.html)

LWW
03-03-2011, 06:31 AM
1 - He was quoting Chu, who is an O-cultist.

2 - The 2008 oil debacle was brought on by a congress which has repeatedly refused to allow the US to develop it's own energy.

3 - Are you trying to earn the title you gave this thread?

LWW

pooltchr
03-03-2011, 07:19 AM
And yet, Obama had no problem telling us that energy prices would "skyrocket" when he got his other pet project, Cap and Trade, put into place.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but advocating for a bill that you KNOW will cause energy prices to go up is pretty much like saying he wants energy prices to go up.
Just this week he spoke of reducing our dependence of foreign oil....but insists on restricting production of domestic oil.

What he says....what he does.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-03-2011, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, its a Republican...it almost always is.

How do guys like this get elected?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> WASHINGTON -- Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) is accusing the Obama administration of deliberately driving up energy costs, comparing the destructiveness of high gas prices to the financial troubles of Wall Street.

"This administration's policies have been designed to drive up the cost of energy in the name of reducing pollution, in the name of making very expensive alternative fuels more economically competitive," said Barbour in a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington, DC on Tuesday morning.<span style="color: #990000"> Up till now its an opinion and everyone has one. No problem but now he starts to get a bit loopy.</span>

Barbour cited<span style='font-size: 14pt'> 2008</span> comments by Energy Secretary Steven Chu, who floated the idea of gradually raising gasoline taxes to convince more Americans to adopt energy-friendly habits. "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe," he said at the time. <u>President Obama has dismissed the idea of raising the gasoline tax, and in 2009, Chu also distanced himself from his earlier remarks, saying that it would be "completely unwise to want to increase the price of gasoline."</u>

"<span style='font-size: 17pt'>In 2008,</span> $4 gasoline brought my state to its knees before Wall Street melted down," said Barbour, underscoring his point.

In remarks to reporters after the speech, Barbour repeated that the Obama administration's policy "is to drive up energy prices."

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"In the United States, <u>it's harder to get a permit to mine coal than it is to get a heart transplant,</u>"</span></div></div>

Crazy eh? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

In 2008, BUSH was President!

WTF is he babbling about? Too much G Beck if you ask me. link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/02/haley-barbour-hits-obama-_n_830192.html)

Another. amazing (http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/ten-commandments.html)

</div></div>

Repigs prove yesterday, they will do anything to take away from average Americans, in order to give what we pay in taxes, to the record breaking profitable OIL corporations, and other corporations, also polluting the environment, making us ill, destroying the purification of our water, all in the form of subsidies...loopholes, and refusing to enforce IRS tax laws, against their favored thieves.

Yesterday, they ALL voted against ending subsidies to OIL corporations. They don't call Repigs, The Grand Oil Party, for nothing.

Yet, they are taking away money from every essential agency, charged with protecting us from all sorts dangerous health threats, a right to a decent education, clean food, safe drugs, you name it, every American principle of democracy, is being destroyed right before our eyes, including the environment, all for the benefit of Corporate Fascist Pigs, who don't pay taxes, AND get our tax dollars in the form of subsidies.

If we ended corporate subsidies, corporate loopholes, like hiding their money offshore, and got the hell out of the Bush Mess in the Middle East, we'd be out of the Bush Economic collapse, AND have plenty enough to keep our important social programs, going at full tilt, AND money for jobs for re-building our threatend, degrading infrastructure.

So what do the pigs do? Destroy the Middle Class, make the poor poorer, throw more people out of work, cut funds for education, demonize our teachers, break the unions, continue a tax structure proven to be a failed policy, and continue to keep the money all flowing to the top one tenth of one percent, 300,000 people, are doing great! All of the rest, have been losing ground, horrendously, since the Bush Tax Cuts for the rich, while the Repigs distract, as always, with Guns, God and Gays.

I have not heard one word, not one stated policy, for job creation, since the Pigs took the Congress. Just more of their usual politica of personal destruction.

Repulsive pigs.

Barbour, Palin, Huckabee, Bachmann, Rand Paul, The Newt, Boehner, McConnell, The ChristieCreamMonster, they all pander to the radical loopy nutjobs....the Entire Party, is Loopy, and they have to stay loopy, to keep getting votes from the idiots who have proven, once again, that they just voted, once again, against their own best self interests.

G.

LWW
03-03-2011, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but advocating for a bill that you KNOW will cause energy prices to go up is pretty much like saying he wants energy prices to go up.

Steve </div></div>

If you use oldthink, then yes.

If you use doublethink, then know.

If you use blackwhite then it means whatever the regime says that it means.

You have been accused of crimethink ... report to room 101.

LWW

pooltchr
03-03-2011, 09:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
3 - Are you trying to earn the title you gave this thread?

LWW </div></div>

I'm thinking he and G have been campaigning for quite some time!

Steve

LWW
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Well ... picking a winner would be difficult.

LWW