PDA

View Full Version : The ugly face of Islamophobia in DC.

Qtec
03-05-2011, 05:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch: Christian mob surrounds Muslim man outside the White House

* Posted on 03.4.11
* By Stephen C. Webster
* Categories: Activism

Conservative media and particularly Fox News has been keen in months past to gin up stories about Islamic tribal laws being implemented across the United States. While this is in fact not happening anywhere in the US, it has become a point of intense concern to some religious fundamentalist Christians, who take the media spin seriously.

In this video, a group of anti-Muslim protesters take their concerns about Sharia law to the White House, only to find a Muslim man in prayer. They begin shouting, insulting him and cursing Islam, and one man even threatens his life. Later, as the Muslim man bowed again in prayer, the protesters begin praying back at him, uttering Christian chants in response.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>At the end, a woman who claimed to have spent years in the Middle East informed the protesters that while they mocked him, <u>the man had prayed in Arabic that each of their families be blessed.</u></span>

This video was published to YouTube on March 4, 2011 </div></div>

link..watch it (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/03/watch-christian-protesters-surround-muslim-man-at-white-house/)

..and they call themselves Christians?

Q

Qtec
03-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Worth a bump.

Q

LWW
03-06-2011, 05:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worth a bump.

Q </div></div>

Actually ... not worth a shiite.

LWW

LWW
03-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Questions for you regarding this:

1 - How do you know what the man was praying in Arabic?

2 - Why do you feel it is hateful and wrong for kaffir to pray for a Muslim?

3 - Why do you feel it is peaceful and noble for a Muslim to pay for a kaffir?

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 09:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch: Christian mob surrounds Muslim man outside the White House

* Posted on 03.4.11
* By Stephen C. Webster
* Categories: Activism

Conservative media and particularly Fox News has been keen in months past to gin up stories about Islamic tribal laws being implemented across the United States. While this is in fact not happening anywhere in the US, it has become a point of intense concern to some religious fundamentalist Christians, who take the media spin seriously.

In this video, a group of anti-Muslim protesters take their concerns about Sharia law to the White House, only to find a Muslim man in prayer. They begin shouting, insulting him and cursing Islam, and one man even threatens his life. Later, as the Muslim man bowed again in prayer, the protesters begin praying back at him, uttering Christian chants in response.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>At the end, a woman who claimed to have spent years in the Middle East informed the protesters that while they mocked him, <u>the man had prayed in Arabic that each of their families be blessed.</u></span>

This video was published to YouTube on March 4, 2011 </div></div>

link..watch it (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/03/watch-christian-protesters-surround-muslim-man-at-white-house/)

..and they call themselves Christians?

Q </div></div>

The Right's own journalists, and operatives, are now writing op-ed's about the dangers to our country, because of the irrational fomenting of hatred, by RW pundits, Repig Representatives, like Bachmann, King, Virginia Foxx, and many other RW NUTJOBS.

Their irrational drama junkie mentality, is going to turn off far more than it will turn on, IMO.

Most Intelligent people understand that turning Muslims and Christians against one another, trying to ginn up anger, trying to demonize Muslim Americans, is completely wrong, and dangerous, and will not help our cause, which is supposed to be PEACE!

King's bravado, is all about pandering to the nutty right, which is exactly what Repigs have done since the President won the election.

People are really getting fed up, and the Repubs, are making a mistake...a huge mistake, by failing to speak out against racial and religious discrimination, lies and and supporting the demonizing actions of their radical religious element.

They should pay attention to what is happening to the likes of Palin's, and Beck's ratings....

Many were outraged over the rude manor of Bill O'R. in the interveiw with our president, such a total lack of respect showed for the Office Of The President, ANd for The President, when he interrupted the president over and over, and even many from the right condemned O'Reilly for his disgusting behavior.

The right is the party of racism, homophobia, misogeny, yet they call themselves, Christians...HOW the HELL can they make that claim????

G.

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
I guess you don't see any threats to our country from members of the muslim community.

Disregarding the fact that the great majority of terrorist attacks against the west were committed by radical muslims, I can see how you might come to that conclusion.

I just don't see how you can disregard that fact.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Worth a bump.

Q </div></div>

Hey, remember our good friend Sonoma?

This is in his honor:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Eg8r, how goes it? First things first, I am neither 'on a crusade' or 'hellbent' LOL. As to posting negative things about Christians? Believe it or not there's quite a bit of it out there and I really don't have to look too hard to find it. You may live in a place where people don't speak ill of Christians or studiously avoid any bad news about the role Christians play in our society but I don't and I'm not going to avoid it either.

As to religion? I think it serves a valid function in many ways and that there are some very good things to be said for it but... Eg8r, it wasn't atheists who flew those planes into the World Trade Centers. It was men convinced by their religious beliefs that they were going to be transported immediately to some imaginary place called heaven where each would be rewarded by their idea of God for their 'valiant sacrifice'.

I know this may be very difficult for you to accept or to understand, but I don't believe in ANY of it. Not the Muslim description of God, not the Mormon description of God, not the Catholics, or the Jews or the Jehovah's Witnesses or ANYONE who practices the thing called faith. To me it's all just made up stuff. The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure that you agree with me for the most part about all those misguided folks - except for where your own personal faith comes in - and for you I'd be willing to bet real money that you don't think that's made up stuff at all.

As I've said several times in this forum, I really don't care what anyone believes as long as they don't try to push their beliefs off on me. That includes not electing public officials who will in turn work to pass laws that force me to conform my behavior to their idea of morality. It includes not wanting people in public office who believe in Biblical prophecy and who might find their policy making decisions influenced by a desire to 'help' those prophecies come to pass.

I'm sorry if you don't like seeing some of the articles I post. This one particularly deals with an issue that I feel is worthy of closer scrutiny. I think with the freedom of tax exemption some of these so-called Christian preachers are abusing their positions of power in order to amass personal wealth. Once again, it's important for me to point out that I don't believe in a god or gods so, for me, it looks for all the world like they're cunning charlatans selling made up stuff to a gullible audience. You, may feel entirely different than me - I'm okay with that.

As to the direct question of the world being better off without religion? I think that the world would be better off without so many people putting their faith in fantasies. Particularly fantasies that cause them to behave in ways that are entirely unacceptable to the well-being of the rest of us humans who share the planet with them.

It's true, Eg8r, I do tend to focus more on the negative influences of Christianity in this country than I do those of Muslims in countries where they are the majority. But make no mistake, I consider evil done in the name of religion to be inexcusable where ever it exists. There are no exemptions.

I believe these guys are egregious con-men abusing their positions of power AND the current tax structure for their own ends, plain and simple.

</div></div>

But, as we know, you can't educate Eg., here is one of his funnier posts:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There are a few things you will not see in the news tonight...
Clinton left the American economy in a recession.
Bush led the US out of the recession.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The economy has been growing quite steadily. </span><span style='font-size: 14pt'>The single major yardstick for the economy is the GDP, and that has risen by 4%+ the past 2 quarters and is expected to continue. </span><span style='font-size: 14pt'>The last issue to come around after a recession are jobs.
Guess what..... HERE COME THE JOBS!!!!!!!! </span><span style='font-size: 14pt'>I am not saying this is the end and the economy is back. What I am saying is that this will not make the Dems happy because while Bush is in office the economy is coming back to life. This is not happening in spite of Bush but rather because of Bush. His tax cuts are working and it is showing.</span>So, to help worsen the Dems future we can add to the list...
Bush brought us out of Clinton's recession
Bush reacted very well to Sept 9/11 and won over a lot of people with the way he handled the situation.
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Bush won the war in Ashcanistan.
Bush won the war in Iraq. </span>And now, Bush is reviving our economy.
And what are the Dems doing...Fighting with each other. What a joke.

eg8r

</div></div>

LOL, we've had thirteen straight months of rising GDP, and proof that jobs are coming back, in that last month private sector added over 190,000 jobs.

Need I point out the vast difference in the forum stalkers around here, according to which party is dealing with a recession?

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 01:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

in that last month private sector added over 190,000 jobs.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Wonderful! At that rate, it should only take us about 8 years to get back what we have lost. Of course, by then, there will be even more people in the potential workforce, so we will still be behind the curve.

Steve

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
You know the truth riles their collectivist gizzards.

LWW