PDA

View Full Version : El Dubb's fearless MLB predictions.

LWW
03-05-2011, 02:50 PM
<u>NL EAST</u>

1 - Atlanta Braves. Good young team under new leadership.

2 - Philadelphia Phillies. Arguably the best starting staff in the game. Loss of worth will be huge.

3 - Florida Marlins. Probably the best of the rest in this division.

4 - Washington Nationals. If Strasburg is back they finish higher. Losing Dunn and gaining Werth will be a blessing.

5 - New York Metropolitans. Aging and overpaid team with a bad attitude.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 02:57 PM
<u>NL CENTRAL</u>

1 - Cincinnati Redlegs. Seven deep in starting pitchers, a hall of fame closer, and a set up man with a 105 MPH heater and a knee buckling slider. The best defensive infield in the game. Manager of the year leadership, and last year's best offense in the league. Key players all signed. Young and getting better with a loaded farm system. Need I say more.

2 - Milwaukee Brewers. Scott Greinke is a major, major addition.

3 - Saint Louis Cardinals. Wainwright going down for the season was the kiss of death, I don't think that even King Albert Pujols can save them.

4 - Pittsburgh Pirates. Yes, I picked the Bucs to not finish last. Young team with a great new manager.

5 - Chicago Cubs. The baby bears are certainly no longer scary.

6 - Houston Astronomicals. Too little in a very tough division.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:02 PM
<u>NL WEST</u>

1 - San Francisco Giants. Lincecum and Cain and pray for rain. OK, serious baseball fans will get it ... and the Jints pitching is actually pretty good, but they don't have a whole lot of anything else.

2 - Los Angeles Dodgers. Good pitching, not much more.

3 - Arizona Diamondbacks. Rebuilding, but Kirk Gibson is a winner.

4 - San Diego Chargers. Overachievers last year.

5 - Colorado Rockies. Rebuilding also. Could finish higher as this division is weak overall.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM
<u>AL EAST</u>

1- Boston Red Sox. Carl Crawford added to an already very good team.

2 - New York Yankees. For once I don't have to pick the Yankees to finish first. I can't in good conscience pick them to finish last.

3 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays. My apologies to Devil worshippers who may be offended, but I hate the new "RAYS name. Another best of the rest team.

4 - Toronto Blue Jays. Too little to do much.

5 - Baltimore Orioles. Bad team. Period.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
<u>AL CENTRAL</u>

1 - Detroit Tigers. Starting pitching is suspect, but the rest of the team is sound. They should have enough to win one of the weaker divisions.

2 - Minnesota Twins, Big personnel losses in the off season will stop any serious title run.

3 - Chicago White Sox. Signing Adam Dunn, the most over paid and over rated player in the game IMHO, will be subtraction by addition. A horrible defensive player that can't run and is a miserable hitter in clutch positions.

4 - Cleveland Indians. Bad team.

5 - Kansas City Royals. A worse team than the Indians ... and lost their best starting pitcher.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:18 PM
<u>AL WEST</u>

1 - Texas Rangers. Plenty enough to repeat in what is an otherwise pitiful division.

2 - Los Angeles Angeles of Anaheim. Or whatever they are calling the team this year. Pitiful offense. Mediocre pitching. They may not field well, but they sure can't run or throw either.

3 - Oakland Athletics. Good pitching and nothing else.

4 - Seattle Mariners. Could be the surprise team if they can patch together any kind of serious offense beyond Ichiro. King Felix will be nearly unvbeatable if they do.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:20 PM
<u>NL PLAYOFFS</u>

Reds get revenge against wild card Phillies.

Braves beat Jints.

Reds whoop Braves.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
<u>AL PLAYOFFS</u>

Wild card Yankees beat the Tigers easily.

Red Sox beat the Rangers.

Red Sox beat the Yankees

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
<u>WORLD SERIES</u>

As much as I hate to, I pick the Red Sox over the Redlegs.

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:27 PM
<u>NL AWARDS</u>

MVP: Pujols or Votto.

CY YOUNG AWARD: Clayton Kershaw.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Aroldis Chapman.

BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Jay Bruce and Johnny Cueto.

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Dontrelle Willis

LWW

LWW
03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
<u>AL AWARDS</u>

MVP: Carl Crawford.

CY YOUNG AWARD: Jon Lester.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Dustin Ackley.

BREAKOUT PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Desmond Jennings.

COMEBACK PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Lou Gehrig ... top that for a long shot pick.

LWW

sack316
03-06-2011, 01:44 AM
My fearful NL predictions:

<u>NL East:</u>
1)Phils
2)Bravos
3)Marlins
4)Nats
5)Mets

Phils are the team to beat. Braves will be much improved and contend, but I just don't think they can hang barring an injury on the Phils staff. Marlins are never a sexy team, but they always seem to hang around. Nats won't make the key moves they need to be a complete team. And the Mets... they are the Mets.

<u>NL Central:</u>
1)Reds
2)Cubs
3)Cards
4)Brewers
5)Astros
6)Pirates

Pains me to say it, but the Reds are just going to be even better this year. Cubs have a shot, but the volatile atmosphere could either help or hinder them... I put them at 2 as a personal hope, but could see them at 4 or worse depending. Cards, loss of Wainright hurts bad... and I'm not even sure Carpenter will last all year. Brew crew could flip flop with Cubbies. Astros and Pirates I just don't see doing much.

<u>NL West:</u>
1)Giants
2)Dodgers
3)Rockies
4)Fathers
5)D'backs

Giants are the best of a bad division just because of pitching. The rest is a crapshoot to me.

Sack

sack316
03-06-2011, 01:57 AM
AL predictions

<u>AL East:</u>
1)Yanks
2)Sox
3)Rays
4)Jays
5)O's (or is that zeroes?)

Yanks may not have the best of it going in, but I'm sure they'll buy it in time if they don't. Sox will give em a good race, but come up short. Rays will make it a little interesting, but doubt they can jump the big two. Jays... eh. O's added a big bat, now if only they could fill out the rest of the lineup, pitching, and bench they could be a .500 club. Nah, they're still the O's.

<u>AL Central:</u>
1)Tigers
2) Chi Sox
3)Twins
4)Royals
5)Indians

Tiger's big bat is in trouble... I hate to see how good he is sober. They are solid enough to dominate the division. Sox, probably start hot then fall off... cue Ozzie meltdown. Twins could win this division, but the injuries scare me. Royals and Indians... coinflip for the cellar dweller.

<u>AL West:</u>
1)Angels
2)Rangers
3)A's
4)Mariners

Any team could really take this division and then lose quick in playoffs. Waiting for some kind of realignment... why do they have only 4 teams, everyone else has 5 except NL Central who has 6? Send the AL west a competitor... like maybe the Reds so they can be away from my Cubbies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
2)

sack316
03-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Playoffs:

NL: Phils, Reds, Giants, Braves (I think 2nd place central will have the best team, but the Braves will have the better record in an easier division).

Phils go to WS

AL:Yanks, Tigers, Angels, Red Sox

Yanks take the AL

Phils take World Series in 6.

Sack

LWW
03-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Any more swamis out there?

This thread will be fun to review come October.

And, FWIW, I was among a small handful which picked the Porkopolis Communists to make the playoffs last year.

LWW

sack316
03-06-2011, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any more swamis out there?

This thread will be fun to review come October.

And, FWIW, I was among a small handful which picked the Porkopolis Communists to make the playoffs last year.

LWW </div></div>

Small handful is an understatement... outside of Ohio at least. Wonder what the odds were? Probably could have made yourself a good payday last year with that pick in the central.

Sack

sack316
03-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Looked back at last years thread... whew we coulda done a lot better!

Final Tally on division standings:
Sack got 12/31 correct
LWW got 8/31

The AL west shut both of us out... we each went 0/5 there.

LWW gets huge bonus points for correctly picking both the NL MVP and the AL Cy Young winner.

Nobody in their right mind in the world had that World Series matchup picked.

Sack

wolfdancer
03-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Re: "fearless".....I wasn't aware that there was any personal risk involved in predicting the outcome of a sporting contest, or in this case, a seasonal race for the top spot.
The exception to this would be to back up one's predictions with a sizable wager, otherwise.... it's as personally dangerous as wiping one's butt with a cheap, off brand, single ply, toilet tissue.
I had a friend that wagered heavily on pro games. When he got in an extended losing streak and couldn't even afford to pay the "vig" on what he owed to the bookie....they attached an explosive to his door and blew it off the hinges, as a warning.
He hid out at my place for awhile, then left for parts unknown.
We used to play golf on Mondays at Tilden Park, above U.C. Bezerkely, then meet up with a Catholic Priest to watch MNF at a local bar. The good priest had somehow forgotten his vows of celibacy, and lusted over anything under 25, with breasts and wearing a skirt....nothing deviant for him
I had some ideas about what he was doing in the confessional, while listening to the retelling of the sins of the flesh of these same young ladies. I am sure though that he demanded to know the explicit details of their close encounter of the first kind

sack316
03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: "fearless".....I wasn't aware that there was any personal risk involved in predicting the outcome of a sporting contest, or in this case, a seasonal race for the top spot.
</div></div>

Some may say it takes a certain level of fearlessness to post anything on this board /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

LWW
03-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Woofie simply must troll everything ... it boils his blood that a civil thread is happening.

LWW

Stretch
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woofie simply must troll everything ... it boils his blood that a civil thread is happening.

LWW </div></div>

Who trolls every thread?? Take YOU out of the mix and the band width would shrink by 75%, and civil discourse would rise by the same amount. If you can handle it, take a week off and we'll see if my prediction pans out. St.

wolfdancer
03-06-2011, 05:54 PM
not when you know that there is just a whole lot of "posturing" done here.
On the other hand, if it bothers one to have his family besmirched by people who can't even measure up ....I would advise those folks to find a friendlier site.
This used to be a nice peaceful type site, where one could post, and not be subjected to any threats....that changed with the arrival of one poster. What's even worse....there is at least one here who openly advocates violence towards other Americans, just because they won't join his sect. Now him, I am a little leery of as there's no defense against a sniper attack.

wolfdancer
03-06-2011, 08:37 PM
I joined here on 10/31/02, LWW on 10/11/07....or approximately
5, count em, 5 years later.
He now has made about aprox. 2500 more posts then I have.
The others on that list, Gayle and Ed, both joined in 02
Who then appears more likely to be trolling?
As to his civil thread remark....no comment...his record speaks for itself

wolfdancer
03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I predict that one or more MLB players will scratch their n**s**k at bat, during the world series, and that nobody will call two strikes on themselves, point to center field and hit one into the stands.

JohnnyD
03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I joined here on 10/31/02, LWW on 10/11/07....or approximately
5, count em, 5 years later.
He now has made about aprox. 2500 more posts then I have.
The others on that list, Gayle and Ed, both joined in 02
Who then appears more likely to be trolling?
As to his civil thread remark....no comment...his record speaks for itself
</div></div>HIS are quality yours are just rubbish about how intelligent YOU are and how everyone else is beneath you.Understand your own posts,comprehend what you write.Your record speaks for itself.The truth will set you free.

JohnnyD
03-06-2011, 09:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re: "fearless".....I wasn't aware that there was any personal risk involved in predicting the outcome of a sporting contest, or in this case, a seasonal race for the top spot.
The exception to this would be to back up one's predictions with a sizable wager, otherwise.... it's as personally dangerous as wiping one's butt with a cheap, off brand, single ply, toilet tissue.
I had a friend that wagered heavily on pro games. When he got in an extended losing streak and couldn't even afford to pay the "vig" on what he owed to the bookie....they attached an explosive to his door and blew it off the hinges, as a warning.
He hid out at my place for awhile, then left for parts unknown.
We used to play golf on Mondays at Tilden Park, above U.C. Bezerkely, then meet up with a Catholic Priest to watch MNF at a local bar. The good priest had somehow forgotten his vows of celibacy, and lusted over anything under 25, with breasts and wearing a skirt....nothing deviant for him
I had some ideas about what he was doing in the confessional, while listening to the retelling of the sins of the flesh of these same young ladies. I am sure though that he demanded to know the explicit details of their close encounter of the first kind
</div></div>What does this have to do with the thread.Use the little coomon sense that you have and seek the truth.The truth will set you free.

JohnnyD
03-06-2011, 09:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Woofie simply must troll everything ... it boils his blood that a civil thread is happening.

LWW </div></div>That is obvious to all.He is afraid of the truth.The truth will set him free.

JohnnyD
03-06-2011, 09:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I predict that one or more MLB players will scratch their n**s**k at bat, during the world series, and that nobody will call two strikes on themselves, point to center field and hit one into the stands. </div></div>Yet another meaningless post.

JohnnyD
03-06-2011, 09:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not when you know that there is just a whole lot of "posturing" done here.
On the other hand, if it bothers one to have his family besmirched by people who can't even measure up ....I would advise those folks to find a friendlier site.
This used to be a nice peaceful type site, where one could post, and not be subjected to any threats....that changed with the arrival of one poster. What's even worse....there is at least one here who openly advocates violence towards other Americans, just because they won't join his sect. Now him, I am a little leery of as there's no defense against a sniper attack. </div></div>Leave the west virginian alone.

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:20 AM
And the cabal has vomited their bile into yet another thread JohnnyD ... as I have told you, they despise civil discourse and cannot tolerate rational discussion.

Theirs is an agenda of hate, which civilized folks such as you, I, and Sack will never understand.

Woofie lives in the gutter of denial.

I have seen threads on baseball started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on firearms started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on photography started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on cooking started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on astronomy started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

And each time it appears that he is acting under the orders of gee so that she lamely attempt to not be involved, and in each case soon after woofie came the other cabal members.

And they wonder why they keep getting banned?

LWW

Stretch
03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the cabal has vomited their bile into yet another thread JohnnyD ... as I have told you, they despise civil discourse and cannot tolerate rational discussion.

Theirs is an agenda of hate, which civilized folks such as you, I, and Sack will never understand.

I have seen threads on baseball started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on firearms started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on photography started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on cooking started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

I have seen threads on astronomy started and proceed civilly ... and here comes woofie from under his bridge to create havoc.

And each time it appears that he is acting under the orders of gee so that she lamely attempt to not be involved, and in each case soon after woofie came the other cabal members.

LWW </div></div>

Kettle, meet pot. St.

JohnnyD
03-07-2011, 07:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the cabal has vomited their bile into yet another thread JohnnyD ... as I have told you, they despise civil discourse and cannot tolerate rational discussion.

LWW </div></div>Excellent post.You are right as usual.

eg8r
03-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I flip flop your 1 and 2 and who really cares which teams finishes 3rd. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
and in JohnnyD's case ....foolishness..... or, is that giving him
too much credit?

JohnnyD
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and in JohnnyD's case ....foolishness..... or, is that giving him
too much credit?

</div></div> That's right foolish for exposing you and others lieing.The truth will set you free.But when you wake up everyday and think your better than everyone else then you are making a big fool of yourself.The truth will set you free.You do not want to accept the truth.

wolfdancer
03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Johnny, it goes without saying.....that I am better'n you iz. In fact, most others here are superior to you.'course that's all based on my interpretations of your posts, which to date, contain nothing new, nor nothing relevant....AND I could be wrong.
You are similar to a "one trick pony" with your recurring single lucid thought that Jesus loves us. Most Christians have accepted that fact, and don't need to have it repeated back, ad nauseum, to them, especially from you.
I have a lot of experience with born again Christians....total losers in their former lives, who became, paraphrasing the "Hooked on Golf" series...."Hooked on Jesus"
There is nothing wrong with that....with the exception that these people have now done a 180 turn....they see everybody else as losers, and that they are now the good guys.
What usually happens to these people...after the gloss of a couple of years of sobriety, and "no one paying attention" preaching, wears off, they realize they still have the same faults as before, they are still losers, and many return with a vengeance to their former addiction...drugs, alcohol....
So, while you are reveling in the idea that you are above others; remember it ain't a gonna last....odds are against
BUT,that's assuming that you were a former addict and a recent convert to Christianity.
If you really want to spread the word.....stop pre-judging people, and turning them off. I believe the Bible mentions something about "judgment is mine" and I don't remember reading your name in that verse???
There's an old saying ...there's nothing more annoying then a reformed drunk. And, you are still hitting the sauce,drinking that Glenfiddich. It may taste better then Mennen skin bracer .....but it still contains the brain altering drug...alcohol.
My new advice to you....forget about me....save lww instead

wolfdancer
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
we could use a few more Hondo Types here, and a few less ankle biters........
At least Hondo has what I believe to be...a noble profession, teaching.
Teachers make a positive impact in this world. Can any of you malcontents claim that as your contribution to society?
Your group wants to discredit him because he won't buy into your way of thinking.
Kind of sad, actually, that you want to impose that kind of brown shirt conformity on other Americans...a real threat to democracy...imo

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I flip flop your 1 and 2 and who really cares which teams finishes 3rd. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Troo dat.

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:28 PM
JohnnyD ... have you ever wondered what mental disease two trolls must be suffering from to troll a thread about baseball?

LWW