PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this commercial?

Chopstick
03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I am just curious to see how deep the social programming goes. I would not be surprised if none of you see it. It is PG.

Pepsi Max (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX7oYAygWOQ)

pooltchr
03-05-2011, 09:54 PM
If it was an attempt at humor, in my opinion, it failed.

I don't know if it has been broadcast already, but if it has, I'm betting it has a VERY short run.

Steve

pooltchr
03-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I do kinda like this one, though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QKmhMBNVns&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Steve

LWW
03-06-2011, 02:41 AM
It ran.

LWW

Qtec
03-06-2011, 04:11 AM
What's wrong with it? Nothing.
Was it funny? Yes.

Q

LWW
03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's wrong with it? Nothing.
Was it funny? Yes.

Q </div></div>

Well, for one it's racist on a couple of levels.

LWW

Qtec
03-06-2011, 04:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's wrong with it? Nothing.
Was it funny? Yes.

Q </div></div>

Well, for one it's racist on a couple of levels.<span style="color: #990000"> at this point you are supposed to say what they are.</span>

LWW </div></div>

Q

LWW
03-06-2011, 04:40 AM
So if I say the sky is blue I have to explain why?

Some things are self evident.

LWW

Qtec
03-06-2011, 04:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Well, for one it's racist on a couple of levels.</div></div>

if you think this you must have reasons. All I am asking is what are they?

Q...........real tricky Q for the brain dead.

LWW
03-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Well, at least you are able to realize you are brain dead.

1 - It reinforces the stereotype that black men all lust for white women.

2 - It shows a black using violence against a white. Yell me about your tolerance ... and how quick Jesse and Al would have protested ... had it displayed a white hitting a black in the head.

3 - It reinforces the stereotype of blacks committing violence and then fleeing the scene of the crime.

LWW &lt;--- Realizes Q will probably never get it.

Qtec
03-06-2011, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, at least you are able to realize you are brain dead.

1 - It reinforces the stereotype that black men all lust for white women.

<span style="color: #990000"> BS. Most men in that situation, [some beautiful blond hottie sits down next to you ], <u>no matter what colour they are </u>, would have done the same thing.</span>

2 - It shows a black using violence against a white.

<span style="color: #990000"> Utter BS. She was trying to hit the BLACK GUY you dim witt.

</span> </div></div>

Q geez......is that it?

hondo
03-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Nah, never mind.

Chopstick
03-06-2011, 07:27 AM
The racism angle is not surprising because we have all been programmed to be aware of racist stereotypes any time we see a black person on TV. What is surprising is what you have been programmed, some of us from birth, not to see even though it is right in front of you the whole time.

Pepsi Max from another view point. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPO5lSXI1ZA&feature=player_embedded)

LWW
03-06-2011, 08:27 AM
Another good point.

Might I also add that not only does it endorse domestic violence, it also perpetuates the myth of the insanely jealous nature of black women and the inherent violent nature of blacks in general.

The far left doesn't see this because the belief in such things is part and parcel of their core belief system ... that blacks are inherently deficient and must be protected by the state, and that they can't possibly succeed without the state forcing them to have an edge.

That is why they hate folks like Clarence Thomas and Condi Rice ... they proof the myths wrong and thereby must be destroyed.

LWW

Qtec
03-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Maybe in America. Maybe its because the RW media and politicians continually give an often false negative image of blacks and minorities and get away with it.

Q

Qtec
03-07-2011, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently deficient and must be protected by the state, and that they can't possibly succeed without the state forcing them to have an edge. </div></div>

That doesn't make sense, unless you are claiming that the LEFT is claiming, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently deficient </div></div>

Any links?

Oh yeah, like its the LEFT that doesn't want blacks to vote as well.

You are nuts.

Q

LWW
03-07-2011, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh yeah, like its the LEFT that doesn't want blacks to vote as well.

You are nuts.

Q </div></div>

Only when they vote the way the party tells them to vote.

Why do you think there is such pandering about losing welfare checks ... even though this is the only regime that I can ever recall actually cutting food stamps to the poor.

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 06:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently deficient and must be protected by the state, and that they can't possibly succeed without the state forcing them to have an edge. </div></div>

That doesn't make sense, unless you are claiming that the LEFT is claiming, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently deficient </div></div>

Any links?

Q </div></div>

http://media.gallup.com/GPTB/religValue/20050823b_4.gif

Anything else I can help you with? (http://www.gallup.com/poll/18091/race-ideology-support-affirmative-action.aspx)

LWW

Qtec
03-07-2011, 07:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Any links?

Q </div></div>

http://media.gallup.com/GPTB/religValue/20050823b_4.gif

Anything else I can help you with? (http://www.gallup.com/poll/18091/race-ideology-support-affirmative-action.aspx)

LWW </div></div>

Like I said before, you don't understand the meaning of words.

There is a HUGE difference between

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently deficient </div></div>

and

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that blacks are inherently disadvantaged! </div></div>

Q

Chopstick
03-07-2011, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe in America. Maybe its because the RW media and politicians continually give an often false negative image of blacks and minorities and get away with it.

Q </div></div>

My point has nothing to do with racism. It is about the active institutionalized discrimination and abuse of men. It is worse in the EU than it is here. They have even proposed a "Man Tax" over there not to mention a bunch of other laws that specifically target men.

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:19 PM
How are they inherently disadvantaged?

LWW

Sev
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chopstick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe in America. Maybe its because the RW media and politicians continually give an often false negative image of blacks and minorities and get away with it.

Q </div></div>

My point has nothing to do with racism. It is about the active institutionalized discrimination and abuse of men. It is worse in the EU than it is here. They have even proposed a "Man Tax" over there not to mention a bunch
of other laws that specifically target men. </div></div>

I knew you were going in on the Men dont exist angle.

However it is also common knowledge that many black woman have a real problem with black men snatching up blonde white woman.

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:22 PM
And racists perpetuate the myth dat allz da bruthas wantzez da white wimmin.

LWW