PDA

View Full Version : History lessons-- 180 vs. 12

Soflasnapper
03-06-2011, 07:33 AM
A brief timeline of right vs. left violence in America (http://www.doesthismakesense.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=195:history-lessens&catid=48:greg-correll&Itemid=159)

180 vs. 12 is the score of rw violence to lw violence, as backed up by the sourced timeline appended to this piece.

Worth reading through, even if only to find horrible lw hate speech which didn't quite reach the level of violence. (I.e., Sarah Bernhardt saying Sarah Palin ought to be gang-raped by some of her black brothers! Indeed hateful, and something I'd not heard of before this piece.)

As an interesting side note, the author quotes the Council on Foreign Relations as stating that left wing violence has been against PROPERTY, whereas right wing violence has been against PEOPLE.

Disagree? Read this timeline.

LWW
03-06-2011, 08:34 AM
That's precious.

I read about the first ten and saw leftist violence against leftists declared as rightist violence against leftists so much I almost vomited.

I should have known when in the first para the moonbat author made a moral equivalency argument between the Weather Underground and the Tea Party ... followed by extolling the virtues of 60's terrorists who "DIED FOR PEACE!"

Keep talking, you are slowly revealing your inner self.

You fooled Eg, but not I.

LWW

llotter
03-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Not all revolutions can proceed without violence and I'm grateful there are plenty of guns in the hands of the RW.

Sev
03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
With more being bought every day.

wolfdancer
03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.
Might also have stopped any aspiring Charles Whitman types from killing unarmed civilians, but probably wouldn't have prevented Waco.....
You are grateful that the militant RW is armed??? And you believe then that they should enforce their will by killing others that disagree with them? A few decades ago that was the way things were done....
Shortly after the first wave of executions by your group, I'm sure the left will also be heavily armed....(you didn't count on that?)
So after you kill off half of American citizens that displease you....how will your group defend the country from other nations?
Jesus Christ, this site is getting more dangerous by the day. Americans killing Americans for their differing politics. It reminds me of that old Hitler speech that mentioned that as a way to defeat America from within.

ugotda7
03-06-2011, 03:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.
Might also have stopped any aspiring Charles Whitman types from killing unarmed civilians, but probably wouldn't have prevented Waco.....
You are grateful that the militant RW is armed??? And you believe then that they should enforce their will by killing others that disagree with them? A few decades ago that was the way things were done....
Shortly after the first wave of executions by your group, I'm sure the left will also be heavily armed....(you didn't count on that?)
So after you kill off half of American citizens that displease you....how will your group defend the country from other nations? </div></div>

What part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing?

Sev
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.
So after you kill off half of American citizens that displease you....how will your group defend the country from other nations?
Jesus Christ, this site is getting more dangerous by the day. Americans killing Americans for their differing politics. It reminds me of that old Hitler speech that mentioned that as a way to defeat America from within. </div></div>

I think you should consider toning down the paranoia a bit.

Stretch
03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Jesus Christ, this site is getting more dangerous by the day. Americans killing Americans for their differing politics. It reminds me of that old Hitler speech that mentioned that as a way to defeat America from within. </div></div>

Corporate America and their lap dog polaticions are doing a great job of that already. The last vestige of middle class America and the few remaining "good jobs" are next on the hit list. St.

Sev
03-06-2011, 04:56 PM
You cant have a middle class without major industry.
You can thank the bleeding heart liberals and the environmentalist wackos for legislation that forced the closure and or outsourcing of industry.

Soflasnapper
03-06-2011, 09:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.
So after you kill off half of American citizens that displease you....how will your group defend the country from other nations? </div></div>

What part of "shall not be infringed" is confusing? </div></div>

Well, what's confusing is all the times it HAS been infringed, for one. The other part that's confusing is the 'well regulated militia' clause that precedes and obviously qualifies the 'shall not be infringed' part.

If this was so cut and dried as you evidently think, we would not have had decades of hand gun possession outlawing in the various cities that do this.

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Do you even know the meaning of the word "MILITIA" as was in common use at the time?

Of course you don't.

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:24 AM
Have you ever even read the COTUS?

I doubt it?

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Have you ever read the "FEDERALIST PAPERS" ...written by the father of the COTUS, the first chief justice of the SCOTUS, and Alexander Hamilton ... explaining away such misinterpretations of a simple to understand document?

Of course you haven't.

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Was this "OPINION" of your spoon fed to you?

Of course it was.

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Let me leave you with a quote from one of the founders, and tell me if it sounds like they were against the public owning firearms ... and I'm doing so because I know it is beyond the left to simply look at history following the ratification of the COTUS and see if they started limiting firearms ownership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"An honorable man with a rifle is a good citizen of the state, an honorable man without one is a good subject of the state."
-Thomas Jefferson-</div></div>

LWW

Stretch
03-07-2011, 07:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me leave you with a quote from one of the founders, and tell me if it sounds like they were against the public owning firearms ... and I'm doing so because I know it is beyond the left to simply look at history following the ratification of the COTUS and see if they started limiting firearms ownership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"An honorable man with a rifle is a good citizen of the state, an honorable man without one is a good subject of the state."

LWW </div></div>

So what are all the armed unhonorable men called? Republican? St.

JohnnyD
03-07-2011, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me leave you with a quote from one of the founders, and tell me if it sounds like they were against the public owning firearms ... and I'm doing so because I know it is beyond the left to simply look at history following the ratification of the COTUS and see if they started limiting firearms ownership.

LWW </div></div>The truth will set them free.

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 08:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.

Corporate America and their lap dog polaticions are doing a great job of that already. The last vestige of middle class America and the few remaining "good jobs" are next on the hit list. St. </div></div>

Yes, they are using the same Shock Doctrine they always use. Same methods Freidman used in Chile. Same methods used by Bush/Cheney.

Apparently, the right is so stupid, they don't realize there are far more middle class people in this country, than there are CEO's....

We have safety in numbers....only one in five, say they are Repiglican, and those who didn't show up last time, will be out there in droves, next time, now that they have fully witnessed the broad attacks by the Repigs, on Middle Class Americans, as the greedy pigs, protect the filthy corporate fascist pigs who have been stealing from the rest of us, AND making us all ill, with their filth, for decades.

Now, Repigs are trying to destroy every agency which is charged with protecting consumers from the filth flowing from the top one tenth of one percent, who are all about oil, fracking, filthy farmiing and dirty food, and insurance scams and banking scams....

Jobs, jobs, jobs? America now knows they weren't talking about creating jobs, they have done nothing but offer job killing policies, and more subsidies and loopholes, for their wealthy bribers who bought them lock, stock and barrel.

I think we're going to see a trend of sheep, realizing they've made a mistake, for decades, by voting against their own best interests....

Polls are not going well for Walker, or Republicans....and when they go after SS and MC, that'll do it.

G.

JohnnyD
03-07-2011, 09:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's too bad that any psychotic with the $$ can buy a gun. They test you before you can get a driver's license....they ought to at least have a psych evaluation before you can buy a gun. That probably would have made it harder for Scott Roeder to become an avenging angel, in some warped individuals eyes.....those same people seem to forget that all life is sacred.

Corporate America and their lap dog polaticions are doing a great job of that already. The last vestige of middle class America and the few remaining "good jobs" are next on the hit list. St. </div></div>

Yes, they are using the same Shock Doctrine they always use. Same methods Freidman used in Chile. Same methods used by Bush/Cheney.

Apparently, the right is so stupid, they don't realize there are far more middle class people in this country, than there are CEO's....

We have safety in numbers....only one in five, say they are Repiglican, and those who didn't show up last time, will be out there in droves, next time, now that they have fully witnessed the broad attacks by the Repigs, on Middle Class Americans, as the greedy pigs, protect the filthy corporate fascist pigs who have been stealing from the rest of us, AND making us all ill, with their filth, for decades.

Now, Repigs are trying to destroy every agency which is charged with protecting consumers from the filth flowing from the top one tenth of one percent, who are all about oil, fracking, filthy farmiing and dirty food, and insurance scams and banking scams....

Jobs, jobs, jobs? America now knows they weren't talking about creating jobs, they have done nothing but offer job killing policies, and more subsidies and loopholes, for their wealthy bribers who bought them lock, stock and barrel.

I think we're going to see a trend of sheep, realizing they've made a mistake, for decades, by voting against their own best interests....

Polls are not going well for Walker, or Republicans....and when they go after SS and MC, that'll do it.

G. </div></div>FORGET THE WHALES SAVE THE BANDWIDTH.Another post from a person that does not comprehend.The truth is there for all to see.You can only evade the truth for so long.The truth will set you free.

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me leave you with a quote from one of the founders, and tell me if it sounds like they were against the public owning firearms ... and I'm doing so because I know it is beyond the left to simply look at history following the ratification of the COTUS and see if they started limiting firearms ownership.

Patriots.

LWW
LWW </div></div>

So what are all the armed unhonorable men called? Republican? St. </div></div>

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polls are not going well for Walker, or Republicans....and when they go after SS and MC, that'll do it.

G. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Polls don't mean anything.

Q </div></div>

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you even know the meaning of the word "MILITIA" as was in common use at the time?

Of course you don't.

LWW </div></div>

Lie.

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 12:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever even read the COTUS?

I doubt it?

LWW </div></div>

Wrong.

Soflasnapper
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever read the "FEDERALIST PAPERS" ...written by the father of the COTUS, the first chief justice of the SCOTUS, and Alexander Hamilton ... explaining away such misinterpretations of a simple to understand document?

Of course you haven't.

LWW </div></div>

Lie.

Soflasnapper
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this "OPINION" of your spoon fed to you?

Of course it was.

LWW </div></div>

Lie.

LWW
03-08-2011, 01:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you even know the meaning of the word "MILITIA" as was in common use at the time?

Of course you don't.

LWW </div></div>

Lie. </div></div>

Then what was it?

LWW
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Then why are you co confused by it's content?

LWW
03-08-2011, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you ever read the "FEDERALIST PAPERS" ...written by the father of the COTUS, the first chief justice of the SCOTUS, and Alexander Hamilton ... explaining away such misinterpretations of a simple to understand document?

Of course you haven't.

LWW </div></div>

Lie. </div></div>

Then to whom are you attributing authorship of the FP?

LWW
03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was this "OPINION" of your spoon fed to you?

Of course it was.

LWW </div></div>

Lie. </div></div>

Perhaps it wasn't.

If I see evidence that I was wrong I have no issue with putting forth an apology.

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 01:16 PM

LWW </div></div>

Between your off-topic meanderings, and false claims of what I know or have read and don't know and never read, you somehow could not address anything I said, even though you took some 5 posts to muddy up the waters. Practiced in the art of deception?

To wit: if it is so absolutely clear that 'shall not be abridged' means exactly what it says, then explain how there have been exactly those abridgements of those rights in place for decades all around the country, and indeed, at the federal level itself, affirmed as Constitutional by the high court upon challenge? I take these confounding facts known to all, and I assume you know them as well, as strong evidence that these terms are NOT self-explanatory, and not nearly so clear as they sound. Which was my clear statement.

This simple point somehow eludes the entirety of your replies, for unknown reasons. Guessing, I'd say perhaps it's because you have nothing to say as a rejoinder, so you lapse into your version of Tourette's syndrome style of non-discussion, and rather, pointless derogatory ad hominem non-sequiturs.

If you had any point, it would be to deny that there were significant restrictions on arms, since the 'shall not be abridged' language is so clear. But there are, so despite the clear language, lots of abridgements have been around a long time.

If you had any second point, I guess it would be, 'but the COTUS, the Federalist Papers.... (and I think you're stupid!)'

Who are you convincing with such a weak performance but yourself, and I doubt even that?

LWW
03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Actually, the terms are self explanatory.

That we live under what Jefferson warned of as the flaw in the COTUS, " ... the tyranny of the judiciary ...", doesn't change what the original intent was.

LWW

Stretch
03-09-2011, 02:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me leave you with a quote from one of the founders, and tell me if it sounds like they were against the public owning firearms ... and I'm doing so because I know it is beyond the left to simply look at history following the ratification of the COTUS and see if they started limiting firearms ownership.

LWW </div></div>

Between your off-topic meanderings, and false claims of what I know or have read and don't know and never read, you somehow could not address anything I said, even though you took some 5 posts to muddy up the waters. Practiced in the art of deception?

To wit: if it is so absolutely clear that 'shall not be abridged' means exactly what it says, then explain how there have been exactly those abridgements of those rights in place for decades all around the country, and indeed, at the federal level itself, affirmed as Constitutional by the high court upon challenge? I take these confounding facts known to all, and I assume you know them as well, as strong evidence that these terms are NOT self-explanatory, and not nearly so clear as they sound. Which was my clear statement.

This simple point somehow eludes the entirety of your replies, for unknown reasons. Guessing, I'd say perhaps it's because you have nothing to say as a rejoinder, so you lapse into your version of Tourette's syndrome style of non-discussion, and rather, pointless derogatory ad hominem non-sequiturs.

If you had any point, it would be to deny that there were significant restrictions on arms, since the 'shall not be abridged' language is so clear. But there are, so despite the clear language, lots of abridgements have been around a long time.

If you had any second point, I guess it would be, 'but the COTUS, the Federalist Papers.... (and I think you're stupid!)'

Who are you convincing with such a weak performance but yourself, and I doubt even that?

</div></div>

You're good! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

LWW
03-09-2011, 05:21 AM
JohnnyD ... perhaps I will buy some history books and disperse them for free.