PDA

View Full Version : 9' Brunswick Pool Light

Ed Scanlan
03-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know where you can purchase a 9' Brunswick Pool Light? I used to see them on the Brunswick website but no longer appear. I heard someone say they don't make them anymore. They were very expensive. I would like to find a used one somewhere. Does anyone have an Idea where to search?

Yakey

Bambu
03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I hate to sound so obvious, but ebay might work.

Ed Scanlan
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Been on Ebay and every site I can think of. I don't think Brunswick sell them anymore and thought maybe someone else has recently purchased one or knew where they can be found. They are not cheap, when Brunswick sold them the retail price was $2550.00.

Rich R.
03-08-2011, 05:50 AM
You may want to consider one of the lights made by Diamond Billiards. They provide excellent light coverage on the table.
http://www.diamondbilliards.net/Accessories/Lighting/tabid/71/Default.aspx

eightnine
03-16-2011, 03:31 PM
family leisure pool tables (http://www.familyleisure.com/Pool-Tables-Billiards-Tables)
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ed Scanlan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know where you can purchase a 9' Brunswick Pool Light? I used to see them on the Brunswick website but no longer appear. I heard someone say they don't make them anymore. They were very expensive. I would like to find a used one somewhere. Does anyone have an Idea where to search?

Yakey </div></div>
Yeah these are tough to find now. They really are a classic model. I would go to craigslist or ebay. The only tough thing about ebay is you'd likely have to travel a bit with a big truck to get it. Also try froogle.

Ed Scanlan
05-18-2011, 05:26 PM
I did find out that Brunswick no longer makes the Brunswick Gold Crown light at this point. They might resume selling them again but not sure when. It seems the problem was the shipping costs. I am now looking for any information on purchasing a used one if anyone has any information I would appreciate it. I've tried Ebay, Craigs list, and just about anything anyone has suggested. I know the Diamond lights are still availabe but the quality of the Brunswick lights are far superior than the Diamond product.

Tony_in_MD
05-20-2011, 03:55 AM
So in what ways is the quality of the Brunswick lights better then the Diamond lights?

bustya
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Don't know how handy you are but have you thought about making your own . I used to be a table mechanic , too old with bad knees , and have made many . The industrial cans are great and you might find some used , paint inside white . I made setups for 9footers using 6 lights and eliminated almost all shadowing . Space bulbs between 1st and 2nd diamond , on side rail , center bulbs at zero center of side pocket , and last bulbs like the 1st bulbs . That's the length , width should be 1st diamond on end rail .The height above table should be where you don't see bulbs when standing or you don't bump your head bending over ... This spacing works great . I use 3/4"x 1 x 2 to build a u channel and make frame to the dimensions according to previous mentioned spacing of lights , a rectangle with a channel in the center for the lights and junction box . Hides wiring . Made the frame size where the lights hang . put a junction wiring box in the center , run plug out of there . Very simple .Use a plum bob to align over pool table . Toggles thru sheet rock will hold with light chain and hooks . good luck ...

Rich R.
05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
A number of poolrooms in my area have made lights similar to, but not as fancy as, the Diamond lights. They have anywhere between two and six flourescent tubes in them and they do a great job. To me, it appears they build an exterior out of 1x6 lumber and they mount the appropriate fixtures inside. They put some difusing material on the bottom. Most of them are mounted to the ceiling using threaded rod.
Although I haven't done it, with a little thought, I don't think it would be too dificult.

Susie
03-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Ed, are you still looking for a 9' Brunswick Pool Light? We have one that we're not going to use (came with the house.) It's made of cherry with the Brunswick emblem recessed into the wood. It has four flourescent T8 bulbs inside. And we have a custom built cherry drop-down box that it hangs from. The box wasn't ever stained, it's bare wood. I've been looking on-line to see if I can find out what it might be worth to sell it but your's is the only reference to it I've seen so far.

Eric.
03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Susie,

Obviously, Ed has first dibs, but in the event he declines, I may be interested. Can you post a pic?

You can PM me also, if you want to exchange info.

Thanks,

Eric

Susie
03-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Ed, are you still looking for a 9' Brunswick Pool Light? We have one that we're not going to use (came with the house.) It's made of cherry with the Brunswick emblem recessed into the wood. It has four flourescent T8 bulbs inside. And we have a custom built cherry drop-down box that it hangs from. The box wasn't ever stained, it's bare wood. I've been looking on-line to see if I can find out what it might be worth to sell it but your's is the only reference to it I've seen so far.

Susie
03-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Eric, I haven't heard from Ed and, unfortunately, I'm new to this "forum" stuff and can't figure out how to post a picture! My email address is suemcgee@juno.com, send me a message and I'll get you the pics.

HarperLaw
03-17-2012, 12:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Susie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ed, are you still looking for a 9' Brunswick Pool Light? We have one that we're not going to use (came with the house.) It's made of cherry with the Brunswick emblem recessed into the wood. It has four flourescent T8 bulbs inside. And we have a custom built cherry drop-down box that it hangs from. The box wasn't ever stained, it's bare wood. I've been looking on-line to see if I can find out what it might be worth to sell it but your's is the only reference to it I've seen so far. </div></div>

How old is your Brunswick Pool Light? At what price you want to sell it? Give details here.

enjoydgame
03-26-2012, 07:47 AM
You can search on Google, there are number of sites where you can get detail information related to the product you are looking for.
So don't wait just start your search and find the product as soon as possible.

BooBoo
04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
I have a 9' GC light and it has 8 T8 bulbs in it. 4 at each side. I have had it since 2003. Bought new.

enjoydgame
04-09-2012, 05:03 AM
Have a look here, may be its of your use....http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0049/4612/products/centennial_light_brown_on_white_grande.jpg?100740