PDA

View Full Version : Repiglicans Kill Americans-Pander 2 The Corrupt

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 06:42 AM
<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 11pt'>The REPIGLICANS refuse to raise by a measly three precent, the taxes on the wealthiest Americans, refuse to end subsidies for Oil, which has enjoy record breaking profits for years, while they are making Americans ill, and polluting the environment, and refuse to build more refinerries here, to shore up lower prices, keeping us at the mercy of rogue corrupt nations, in the Middle East.

Repiglicans fought against, or ignored, the need to oversee corrupt medical insurance practices, oil industry gouging and stealing American's wealth, protected the pharmaceutical Industry, refusing any opportunity to shop prices in Canada, looked the other way while corrupt banks/financial institutions, ratings agencies, hedge fund managers, and Wall Street, in general, while they brought this country to it's knees, but first on their list to cut expenses?

Oh no, not the polluters, not the oil gougers, not the crooks in that top one half of one percent, the same CEO's who have been raking it in, by stealing from all of the rest of us.....

First on their list, destroy workers unions, cut everything that keeps we, as Americans, safe from the various ways which corrupt corporations are killing all of us! Allow the corporate pigs to pollute our water, air, food, and remove all checks on their corrupt practices, to keep us safe from their filthy practices, which kill us every day, and leave us completely unprotected. </span> </span>

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/04/five-f...1_lnk3%7C205022 (http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/04/five-federal-budget-cuts-that-could-be-harmful-to-your-health/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C205022)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Andrew Schneider Senior Public Health Correspondent

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Hard-fought-for laws and regulations to save lives and the environment will be gutted or eliminated in budget cuts passed by the Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives or ordered by President Barack Obama's team, experts say.

Public health and environmental experts say it's indisputable that lives will be lost if these cuts are made:</span>1)

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The Consumer Product Safety Commission. The commission is scheduled next week to roll out its long-awaited public database on the safety of consumer products. For the first time, it will allow shoppers to quickly determine whether products they own or plan to by are associated with safety hazards or recalls.</span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>But the cuts strip funding for this database and would gut the commission's provision that will require manufacturers to have their products safety tested by an outside firm.

A CPSC spokesman told AOL News that commission Chairman Inez Tenenbaum says the new database is vital to consumer safety and, barring a government shutdown, it will be launched on March 11. However, money will have to be found to keep the database current.</span>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
2) Poison Control Centers. The House budget slashed 93 percent of the money used to operate 57 of the country's poison control centers even though accidental poisoning remains one of the top causes of unintentional death in this country.</span>

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>The role of these centers goes well beyond offering guidance to parents frantic over what to do when their children eat something potentially dangerous, or victims of snake and spider bites and food poisoning. The centers offer the nation's only real-time data-collection program and in the past offered vital data on the 2010 H1N1 flu pandemic and the health impact of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. And recently the centers were the first to raise the alarm about the toxic effects of synthetic marijuana and dangerous products marketed as bath salts.

"Poison centers detect public health threats as they emerge," said Dr. Alvin Bronstein, medical director of the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center. "America will lack a key tool in detecting biological, chemical and other developing threats to public health."

3) The Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA could have a third of its funds eliminated by the House. Among other things, the proposed cuts could prevent:
Protecting the public from ravages of mountaintop mining.
Allowing the public to review offshore drilling permits.
Prohibiting oil companies from getting exemptions to the Clean Air Act when drilling in the Arctic.
Protecting and restoring the Chesapeake Bay.
"This proposal nearly abolishes EPA. It would jeopardize the safety and quality of our air, water and public lands for generations to come," Ken Cook, president of the Environmental Working Group, told AOL News.[/size[size:17pt]]"If this bill becomes law, and we see a spike in the number of children diagnosed with asthma, brain cancer and other serious health problems, the folks who pushed this plan through should be partially to blame," Cook added.

Edwin Chen, federal communications director for the Natural Resources Defense Council, told AOL News that the cuts are "nothing less than a brazen and unprecedented assault on public health. This attack on clean air, fresh water, open space and wildlife won't take a nibble out of our deficit, but it will take the teeth out of needed protections.

"Polluters would be allowed to spew mercury into the air we breathe, arsenic into the water we drink, and municipal and agricultural waste into the watersheds that nourish our land."

4) The Occupational Safety and Health Administration. OSHA would receive an 18 percent cut in its spending budget from the House bill, which would result in approximately 8,000 fewer workplace-hazard inspections.

"It is irrefutable that these drastic budget cuts will result in the deaths of workers in construction sites, refineries, factory floors and on fishing boats deep at sea," Celeste Monforton, a national lecturer and worker safety investigator at George Washington University's School of Public Health, told AOL News this week.

"Increasing worker safety happens at a glacial pace, and these rash actions will instantly gut much-needed safeguards to keep workers alive," said Monforton, a former top official with the Mine Safety and Health Administration.

5) The U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration. Neither agency was spared from debilitating cuts, experts say, threatening the safety of he nation's food supply and preventing the agencies from even doing specifically what Congress and the Obama White House had demanded.

Glen Stubbe, Minneapolis Star Tribune / MCT
Beef carcasses at the Cargill beef plant in Fort Morgan, Colo., are disassembled into smaller pieces for shipment to restaurants and retail outlets. Amid cuts to the USDA, inspectors will have more meat and poultry to inspect next year.
Obama's budget did not grant additional funds requested to meet White House and congressional demands to assure the safety of meats and monitor foreign-produced food arriving at our ports. Programs for federal meat inspection, international food safety inspection and state food safety inspection were hit hard, for safety experts said.

"We are cutting programs not because we want to, but because we have to," said Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who then added, "American families have been forced to tighten their belts, and government must do the same."

Food safety advocates say the cuts will endanger the food supply.

Patty Lovera, assistant director of Food & Water Watch, told AOL News that the cuts make no sense and points to an expected 500 million-pound increase in the amount of beef and poultry slaughtered this year.

"The president cuts the resources for meat inspection, even while admitting that USDA inspectors will have an increased amount of meat and poultry to inspect next year. It also fails to give the FDA enough resources to put the newly passed food safety reform bill into effect on schedule," she said.

Sponsored Links
USDA rules say that meat cannot be released for market without the presence of a USDA inspector.

Without the funding, the agency has no plans to supplement the number of inspectors in these processing plants to meet to higher volume of meat.

This means that the speed of slaughter lines will increase, as will pressure on already overworked inspectors. The obvious result is the likelihood of bad meat and poultry showing up in groceries and butcher shops, said Wenonah Hauter, Food & Water Watch's executive director. </span>Filed under: Nation, Politics, Health, Health Care, AOL Original </div></div>

<span style="color: #990000"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'> Repiglicans are literally killing all of us in order to get that bribe money from corporations, in their quest for power, and political gains and those who vote for them, are voting for their children and grand children, to live in a poisoned world, of the ill and dying.

PIGS! </span> </span>

LWW
03-07-2011, 06:44 AM
So ... who did they kill and how did they kill them?

Are you aware that others can read your inner rants?

LWW

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 09:30 AM
So??? No one cares if their kids end up being poisoned by filthy food?

None from the right cares if Fracking destroys our drinking water and our air?

No one cares about destroying every consumer protection we have, after watching years and years of people dying, due to the Bush Corrupted Agency policies, appointing the very lobbyists and Former CEO's who lobbied against regulations, to head those same agencies?

So I take it, Money and GREED, is their ONLY value.

The health of the Earth they leave to their kids and grand kids, isn't on their radar?

"Christians?"

Kill my kids, poison our earth, throw the ill and suffering out on the street, but don't raise my taxes, or tax the guys who ae stealing from all of us, WHILE they're killing us with their poisons and unprofessional business operations, AND throw out the agencies that DO protect us.

Why am I not surpirsed.........

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Hey Larry.
Congratulations!
You are officially off the "Total Ignore" list!

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-stoller/politics-in-a-culture-of-_b_831832.html

Professor of Anthropology, West Chester University; Author, The Power of the Between

Posted: March 5, 2011 05:40 PM

During the past few weeks, the play of American politics has been particularly disturbing. Consider the willful ignorance of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, trying to convince his supporters that President Obama is "not one of us." To that end, he suggested that President Obama's worldview was shaped by his childhood in Kenya -- or maybe it was, Indonesia -- and by radical movements like the Kenyan Mau-Mau revolt. Huckabee, a potential Republican candidate for president, went on to say that President Obama's father and grandfather molded his "foreign" ideas about how the world works. It doesn't matter that President Obama hardly knew his father or his paternal grandfather, or that the Mau-Mau rebellion took place far from the Obama homestead in Kenya, a country President Obama first visited when he was 26 years old. Governor Huckabee also failed to mention the "inconvenient truths" that President Obama was raised by his mother and his maternal grandparents who grew up in Kansas or that President Obama's maternal grandfather fought with Patton in Europe during World War II.

Think about the countless numbers of elected officials, Republicans all, who say that "we" are "broke," a rather bombastic overstatement, because of greedy public employees. Due to the "lazy" greed of these middle-income public servants, the argument goes, we need to abolish collective bargaining and eviscerate budgets for education, the arts, the environment and even law-enforcement. What else can you do when it is sin to either raise taxes or scale back corporate tax breaks? What's more, there is no room for negotiation on these matters, which means that there is no space for conceptual nuance, and little or no willingness for a civil exchange of ideas that might result in compromise -- the foundation of the American political system.

Looking at these developments from a more or less rational standpoint, none of it makes much sense. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>How can any reasonably intelligent person, you might ask yourself, accept the big lie that many conservative Republicans have long touted: that the simple formula of lower taxes and limited government will somehow solve all of the complex economic and social problems in an globally integrated world? And yet that is the pabulum that a whole host of Republican presidential hopefuls offer again and again to their base, and, through media coverage, to the rest of us. If you repeat the big lie often enough, some people -- many people, in fact -- begin to believe it.

Are contemporary American politics being played out in a culture of ignorance? What does it say about contemporary political culture when there is political support for uncompromising public figures who seem more interested in unrealistic ideological purity than governing their polities? How else can you explain the political support and media attention we give to politicians like Sarah Palin or Michele Bachmann or Mike Huckabee? Even though they unflaggingly demonstrate an acute intellectual incompetence as well as wholesale ignorance of American history and world affairs, they still manage to maintain or even increase their legions of followers. Is there no political price to pay for incompetence or ignorance?

It is no easy task to try to explain this descent into a culture of ignorance. Some of the descent may be rooted in our under-funded and unfairly maligned system of public education. As a professor at a public university I have first hand knowledge of the processes that give rise to a culture of ignorance. Although the intelligence, curiosity and grit of some of my students, many of whom are the first people in their families to attend college, thoroughly inspires me, I am often shocked and disappointed by general student ignorance of culture, geography, history, and politics -- at home and abroad. Even more disturbing is what seems to be a lack of student curiosity about a world that has been rendered more complex through globalization. Many of my students are not interested in learning about foreign societies. They take my introductory cultural anthropology course because it is a requirement. In addition, some of my students seek the most expedient path toward graduation -- one that involves the least amount of work and difficulty for the greatest return. The upshot is that many students leave the university unprepared to compete in the global economy. Many of them have trouble thinking critically. Others find doing any kind of research to be profoundly challenging. Some write essays that border on the incoherent. More troubling still is that that this downward spiral toward incompetence, according to the findings of Richard Arum and Josipa Roksa's new book, Academically Adrift: Limited Learning on College Campuses, seems to be widespread among our college and university students.</span>If this picture reflects the intellectual state of our college students, what can we say about the capacity of the general public to evaluate critically a complex set of information? The only way to reverse this slide into mediocrity, which is reflected in both the intellectual quality of contemporary politics and the distressing climate of our educational institutions, is to make serious investments in education and the public sector in order to give to our underpaid and under-appreciated teachers and civil servants the support and respect they deserve. To do otherwise is to risk sinking even deeper into the swamp.
</div></div>

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I do wish you would quit quoting yourself. It becomes difficult to remember what I have already skipped over, and what I need to skip over for the first time!

Steve

wolfdancer
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I can readily see where that would be troubling for you. My advice then, would be to skip her posts, and save your mental energy.
Try to figure out, instead, what it is that johnnyd is saying. I'm sure that the entire board would appreciate your efforts.
I've tried, and failed....but maybe, as the line in the Movie went:
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"
Followed by the lessor known quote:
"I don't like it anymore then you men"

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
And I can see why Johnny D would confuse you. His posts are simple, straight forward, and to the point. He doesn't ramble on, use big words in order to try and impress other posters, and he usually says exactly what it means. So there is nothing there for you to try and read into.
Must be quite frustrating for you.

Steve

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
So you just made it up?

LWW

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Larry.
Congratulations!
You are officially off the "Total Ignore" list!

Steve </div></div>

Honestly ... I wish I had ever been on it.

LWW

ugotda7
03-09-2011, 01:38 PM
POS.......................

LWW
03-11-2011, 05:45 AM
So ... when do we learn who was killed?