PDA

View Full Version : Wisconson Democrats Throwing in the Towel.

Sev
03-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Looks like the Democrat senators that have been on the lamb these past weeks are coming home.
Talks broke down and their objective has failed.

Public sector unions are about to have stake driven through their vampire hearts.

OH will be next. FL, IL and TN will not be far behind.

LWW
03-07-2011, 04:44 PM
So they were going to stand on principle ... and they discovered they have none?

IMHO ... they should be tried and jailed.

LWW

pooltchr
03-07-2011, 05:18 PM
If I deliberately, and quite publically, walked off my job for several weeks, I seriously doubt if I would still have that job when I returned.

They should all be sent to the unemployment line. Or maybe, those unions would like to offer them jobs.

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So they were going to stand on principle ... and they discovered they have none?

LWW </div></div>

Their arrests are prohibited by the WI state constitution.

Soflasnapper
03-07-2011, 05:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I deliberately, and quite publically, walked off my job for several weeks, I seriously doubt if I would still have that job when I returned.

They should all be sent to the unemployment line. Or maybe, those unions would like to offer them jobs.

Steve </div></div>

That decision would be up to their EMPLOYER, no?

LWW
03-07-2011, 05:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So they were going to stand on principle ... and they discovered they have none?

LWW </div></div>

Their arrests are prohibited by the WI state constitution.

</div></div>

Citation of this?

What's that?

It doesn't say that?

I already knew that.

Here's your closest to a confirmation of your myth:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exemption from arrest and civil process. section 15. Members of the legislature shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest; nor shall they be subject to any civil process, during the session of the legislature, nor for fifteen days next before the commencement and after the termination of each session. </div></div>

The legislature was clearly not in session.

LWW

Soflasnapper
03-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Members of the legislature shall in all cases, except treason, felony and breach of the peace, be privileged from arrest

Which is what I said, to your profound disagreement.

Hint, because I know you have a problem understanding what you read:

This is an independent clause, separated by a semi-colon from the rest. Therefore, this first part has nothing whatsoever to do with the leg being in session, and the immunity from arrest is absolute except for the reasons stated.

Sev
03-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Dam those semi-colin's!!!!

Qtec
03-08-2011, 01:34 AM
LMAO.

Personally, I thought the use of 'nor' gave it away.

Q

LWW
03-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Yes, but you truncated it.

Also, what they have done is in fact a felony.

That, and the legislature is not in session. They fled to stop the legislature from being in session.

Words mean things.

LWW

llotter
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the Democrat senators that have been on the lamb these past weeks are coming home.
Talks broke down and their objective has failed.

Public sector unions are about to have stake driven through their vampire hearts.

OH will be next. FL, IL and TN will not be far behind.

</div></div>

If WI is successful in hitting back at the non-productive sector, they should go after all unions, using state nullification. Unions are always and everywhere a cancer on a free society.

LWW
03-08-2011, 06:44 AM
As far as public unions collectively bargaining, I concur.

LWW

Qtec
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
You wish,

Q

Qtec
03-08-2011, 06:52 AM
What IS a union?

Q

LWW
03-08-2011, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What IS a union?

Q </div></div>

Apparently you don't know.

LWW

llotter
03-08-2011, 07:28 AM
I was referring to commie inspired labor unions as recognized in the Wagner Act...workers of the world unite and destroy capitalism and freedom in favor of statism.

Sev
03-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Uh oh!!

Looks like the Democrat senators lied!!!

LWW
03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
They misspoke.

LWW

Sev
03-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Thats what they would like us to believe.

LWW
03-08-2011, 08:25 AM
The far left outer party members will believe whatever they are told they believe.

LWW

LWW
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
What angers them is that sane people don't believe it.

LWW

Sev
03-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Things are not going to end well for the Dems in WI. Especially if their ploy fails.

I can see the campaign slogan now. "I ran away for you!"

LWW
03-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Actually ... it has failed.

LWW

Sev
03-08-2011, 09:57 AM
This is true however feed them a little false hope is always entertaining.

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, but you truncated it.

That, and the legislature is not in session. They fled to stop the legislature from being in session.

LWW </div></div>

Yes, but you truncated it.

True; I left out the couple of conditions (which don't apply here) under which the general prohibition against arresting legislators can be voided.

Words mean things, someone recently said!

What felony do you think they committed, and given that they are immune from arrest for all state crimes (evidently, except those few mentioned of course), do you think this is, perhaps, a FEDERAL felony?

Given the inability of the state to (legally, at least) arrest them for their alleged felonies, do you think there will be civil process laid on them to account for criminal felony actions? (Which would be weird all in itself.) If so, as the rest of the Constitutional language shows, even that would have to occur only when the leg wasn't in session, and some number of days prior to or after the session, meaning Walker may never get his quorum in the Senate?

LWW
03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is true however feed them a little false hope is always entertaining. </div></div>

I would ... if they hadn't acted like trolls over all this time.

LWW

LWW
03-08-2011, 10:12 AM
What part of "They fled the state like scared rabbits with their collectivist arses ablaze to keep the legislature from going into session." are you disputing?

You aren't a stupid person, you just need to remove the partisan blinders.

LWW