PDA

View Full Version : Winning One Pocket by Eddie Robin

Barbara
09-09-2002, 07:37 PM
Wowee wow wow!! I just acquired a copy of "Winning One Pocket" and it's signed by Eddie Robin and MAN! is it suu-weet!!!

The pics are great, the diagrams are to die for... OH BABY!!!!

Barbara~~~just died and went to heaven....

PQQLK9
09-09-2002, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Wowee wow wow!! I just acquired a copy of "Winning One Pocket" and it's signed by Eddie Robin and MAN! is it suu-weet!!!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine....

Barbara~~~just died and went to heaven.... <hr></blockquote>

Tom_In_Cincy
09-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Jealous.. very Jealous

Troy
09-09-2002, 08:06 PM
Congrat's Barbara....... Next on your list should be "Shots, Moves &amp; Strategies".

Troy...~~~ Wonders how long it will be for Barbara to become a 1-P flash..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
09-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Barbara,
I have three books related to pool and instruction not counting a rule book, and no videos. One is the old Willie Mosconi, little red book and the other two are Winning One Pocket and Shot's Moves and Strategies. George Fels sold me his last two copies, thanks again George, and the later is signed by George and several players. They are indeed to very detailed books with lots of problems and solutions. They are suu-weet as you said. Taking up a little one hole eh? Well if not they still offer good advise that can come up playing other games. Glad you like it!

~~~I think Barbara gets excited

Fred Agnir
09-10-2002, 06:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Wowee wow wow!! I just acquired a copy of "Winning One Pocket" <hr></blockquote>
Congratulations. This remains my favorite book on pool instruction. The only other book that I have that comes close, IMO, is Shots, Moves, and Strategies by Robin.

Fred &lt;~~~ with correction notes

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 06:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Wowee wow wow!! I just acquired a copy of "Winning One Pocket" and it's signed by Eddie Robin and MAN! is it suu-weet!!!

Barbara~~~just died and went to heaven.... <hr></blockquote>

Where did you get this? I have been trying one to give whitewolf as a present. He REALLY wants that book!!!!

bw

Fred Agnir
09-10-2002, 06:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>

Where did you get this? I have been trying one to give whitewolf as a present. He REALLY wants that book!!!!

bw <hr></blockquote>
It's out of print. One will pop up on Ebay every so often. I was fortunate at this year's VF event, there was someone selling two of them for $50 USD each. A steal.

Fred

Paul_Mon
09-10-2002, 07:21 AM
Congrats Barbara. This will definitely improve anyones 1P game. I've taken my copy with me to many pro events to get autographed. Most players look at their picture and moan how they wish they looked and played as well now as back when the picture was taken. Photos of Hall, Mizerak and McCready are ancient.

Paul

Vapros
09-10-2002, 07:39 AM
I have a copy on my desk right now. The local library finally got it for me from some out-of-state library, and it's due back in another week. Great book. I also asked for Shots, Moves, etc and Upscale One Pocket, but they were not able to find copies of those. EBay has waiting lists for used copies of both.

I noted a picture of a well-known player (an old photo), and it's listed under his road name!!

Barbara
09-10-2002, 04:04 PM
I'll keep my eye out for that one, Troy.

I'm not really a 1P player, but it is the game of choice at the PH I used to frequent. I saw this book at my Cue Man's house and knew I had to get a copy of it.

The picture of a 20-something Keith McCready with a mustache and wild hair on page 92 is something else!

Barbara

Barbara
09-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Wow Fred, that WAS a steal!!

I bid on this baby on eBay and paid a hefty price for it, but then again, it's a classic, signed by the author, and in MINT condition! This book is brand new.

Barbara

Barbara
09-10-2002, 08:16 PM
Rod,

So "Shots, Moves, And Strategies" is by GF? Whoops!! I was searching by Eddie Robin.

Sorry GF.

Barbara~~~wondering if GF has any more copies to add to my library... ?

Rod
09-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Barbara, it is by Eddie Robbin, sorry if I added any confusion. George contributed to the book so his name is listed in there. He just added his signature, that was in 1999. Those books are sought after so the price won't be cheap and a little hard to find. Good luck