PDA

View Full Version : taking a hard line ourselves as fans.....long

cueball1950
09-09-2002, 08:41 PM
Since Charlie is taking such a hard line. Should we as pool fans take the hard line and boycott all of his tournaments and also boycott his tournament sponsors. I am so dam tired of 1 person trying to rule the pool world. The "either you do it my way or no way" is getting pretty sickening. It appears that Charlie Williams and his loyal band of followers do not care about us as fans. If Charlie wants to rule the pool world as it appears he does. Then let him put up his own money for all the tournaments he wants. Then he can rule them as he see's fit. Otherwise leave the other independent promotors alone. As i said before. Don Mackey tried it with the PBT. And where is the PBT today? Dead and buried. If Charlie keeps it up that is where the UPA is headed for. The players boycotting the OPEN should be ashamed of themselves. I am so sad to see Tony Robles dissapoint all of his fans of which there are many. Alot of people went out of their way and supported him when they tried to get him to the big tournament awhile back. He is playing so good right now. It is a real shame that he is not playing. I feel that he would have done so well this year. Do not get me wrong about my feelings on Tony not playing. I consider him a good friend and acquaintance. So if everybody gets together and boycotts Charlie's tournaments he might get the hint.. Just some more of my inane ramblings......mike

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2002, 09:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cueball1950:</font><hr>I am so sad to see Tony Robles dissapoint all of his fans of which there are many. Alot of people went out of their way and supported him when they tried to get him to the big tournament awhile back.<hr></blockquote>
Shows you where we stand in the scheme of things. I was there too. But I wouldn't feel so sad though. Because of this whole thing happening, I'm beginning to see true colors.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cueball1950:</font><hr>So if everybody gets together and boycotts Charlie's tournaments he might get the hint.. Just some more of my inane ramblings......mike <hr></blockquote>
I feel you Cueball but "get the hint?" We're talking about an adult here. They're all adults. If they want to play then they'll play. Hell, they can even wear that little UPA sticker on their sleeves if they want. Oh wait, that might get them shunned for playing against CW's wishes. Although, I do believe that they can play if they want to. It's a shame that this thing is going to be on pay per view, a big breakthrough for pool IMO, and they're not going to play. That's the UPA's loss. You know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of the inevitable popular kids at school--the most popular with his/her minion followers. I'm tired of all of this s**t.

Poor is the man whose "pleasures" depend on the permission of another

Wendy~~my 2 cents--and that's probably exactly how much it's worth! /ccboard/images/icons/mad.gif /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Troy
09-09-2002, 09:56 PM
Please don't get your shorts in a ringer over who is, who is not going to play quite yet. There is NO OFFICIAL, COMPLETE, FINALIZED ENTRY LIST YET.

Troy...~~~ Really tired of all this..... /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 06:32 AM
boycotting is hard to be effective unless you can convince everybody to do it. yeah i dont like 'my way or the highway'type mentalities either,but unfortunately many heads of corporations, including sports corporations are that way.

i think you are just giving yourself an ulcer by thinking about it.for me, i just watch the events and dont worry too much about the politics.

bw

Ralph S.
09-10-2002, 09:31 AM
The way I see things concerning the "boycott" and so on and so forth is that the players that will-will not be participating is all on them. They are all adults and are free to make their own decisions. It could be a career maker or breaker. The same can be said about CW. His wanting players to boycott could be a maker or breaker to his career as a promoter. Either way I think choosing not to play would be a major set back to some of the elite players' careers. Including CW's. JMO.
Ralph S.