PDA

View Full Version : Nobody blames Huckabee for...

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Nobody blames Huckabee for misspeaking.

In his takedown radio interview criticizing Natalie Portman, Mike Huckabee complained that she was glorifying the notion of 'out of children wedlock.' (something very close to that)

This is kind of funny, of course, and if people were really piling on ol Huck, they'd claim this showed how stupid he was (or that he had dyslexia or something, LOL!)

In reality, we all know what he meant, and what he said instead of what he meant, and that it can and mainly has happened to all of us at one time or another. So I've heard the sound bite played many times, and heard nobody even so much as mention his mangled phrasing, let alone attack him over it.

This is correct treatment in my view, even if perhaps Huckabee only gets this correct treatment because he's otherwise a well-spoken and obviously intelligent person who is generally liked by most people.

His lie that he explains it all on page 183 is another matter entirely, unless it turns out he really meant to say page 138, which would be very funny and open up another topic again.

pooltchr
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I agree. Kinda like saying someone was raised in Kenya rather than saying they were raised in Indonesia.

Some things just aren't worth the effort. But our political environment has become so confrontational that every little thing one side does, must be over blown in order to score political points.

It also deflects attention from the criminal acts that the politicians in Washington are inflicting on the American population every day. Take something little, make it big, and maybe nobody will notice the big stuff!

And way too many Americans fall for it.

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
LOL, I noticed that, myself.

More proof the right owns the media? If a leftie had made such a blunder, the TPers would have had it viral, within seconds.

The Huckster, Intelligent? Not so much, IMHO. His statements have offended many women in this country. We do vote.

Are there any groups left in this country, that the Repigs haven't offended?

Now, Peter King is going to "Investigate" One Religion, in this country, but it's not the one known for pedophilia, not one known for killing innocent doctors. Not the one known for demonzing homosexuals, or maintaing a sexist view of women, or having a policy of polygamy, child sex slaves and pedophilia.

No, it's the one which has provided the most communication and information to Homeland Security, and which has prevented the most terrorist attacks.

American Muslims, who were born here, grew up here, and yet, they are singled out, and demonized, discriminated against, by Repiglicans, in spite of the FACT, that the Southern Poverty Law Center is telling us, and warning us, of an unprecedented rise in the number of RW hate groups.

Is there any group, that Repiglicans don't hate???? they have quite a long list, don't you think so?

Gays and Lesbians,
Bi-sexual and trans-sexuals
Women
Liberals,
Muslims,
Teachers,
Unions,
Firemen,
Policemen,
Highway Workers,
Athiests,
Environmentalists,
Scientists,
Middle East Countries,
People who use birth control,
Hollywood Actors,
Public Television,
Family Planning Centers,
College Professors,
Every Formidable Democratic Politician, particularly if they're successful women,
Feminists,
The entire 60's generation,
Anti-War Demonstrators,
Single Pregnant Women
The Poor,
The unemployed,
The ill,
The Foreclosed upon,
Poor People who need organ transplants,
All of The Kennedy's,
All of The Roosevelts,
The entire State Of California,
The entire North, all but Alaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaska,

Gee, I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the Americans that the right hates....particularly the T.Party haters. Hmmmm...Oh, Yes, African Americans.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 02:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree. Kinda like saying someone was raised in Kenya rather than saying they were raised in Indonesia.

Some things just aren't worth the effort. But our political environment has become so confrontational that every little thing one side does, must be over blown in order to score political points.

It also deflects attention from the criminal acts that the politicians in Washington are inflicting on the American population every day. Take something little, make it big, and maybe nobody will notice the big stuff!

And way too many Americans fall for it.

Steve </div></div>

Huckabee TRIED MIGHTILY to use the 'I misspoke' framing as to the alleged Indonesia = Kenya is what I meant to say.

Problem: he went on in some detail about the Mau Mau revolution (in Kenya, not in Indonesia), and about anti-British anti-colonialist view (and they had Kenya as a colony, not Indonesia), none of which would make any sense if he had been really discussing O's upbringing in Indonesia.

Then his 'buy my book and see where I discuss this with the correct country name on page 183' turned out to be wholly false as well, both as to that page he cited, and the entire chapter in which page 183 is found.

No, they are not the same examples of misspeaking. When he actually misspoke, he was given the pass he deserved. When he lied about misspeaking, he was given a bit more of a hard time.

ugotda7
03-08-2011, 03:56 PM
People in all 57 states concur with this thread.

pooltchr
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Very funny, coming from the biggest, most vocal hater on the forum!

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 05:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">People in all 57 states concur with this thread. </div></div>

This is the same kind of thing that Huckabee has been given a wide pass on, generally, on the matter I raise.

In the case of O, some people bitterly cling to their jibe that this proves he's an idiot, rather than chalk it up to common misspeaking.

Not sure how you meant your comment, which could be on either side of this reaction. I suspect, however, you are among those described in the second para (supra). If not, good one.

wolfdancer
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
lol....!!

JohnnyD
03-09-2011, 12:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, I noticed that, myself.

More proof the right owns the media? If a leftie had made such a blunder, the TPers would have had it viral, within seconds.

The Huckster, Intelligent? Not so much, IMHO. His statements have offended many women in this country. We do vote.

Are there any groups left in this country, that the Repigs haven't offended?

Now, Peter King is going to "Investigate" One Religion, in this country, but it's not the one known for pedophilia, not one known for killing innocent doctors. Not the one known for demonzing homosexuals, or maintaing a sexist view of women, or having a policy of polygamy, child sex slaves and pedophilia.

No, it's the one which has provided the most communication and information to Homeland Security, and which has prevented the most terrorist attacks.

American Muslims, who were born here, grew up here, and yet, they are singled out, and demonized, discriminated against, by Repiglicans, in spite of the FACT, that the Southern Poverty Law Center is telling us, and warning us, of an unprecedented rise in the number of RW hate groups.

Is there any group, that Repiglicans don't hate???? they have quite a long list, don't you think so?

Gays and Lesbians,
Bi-sexual and trans-sexuals
Women
Liberals,
Muslims,
Teachers,
Unions,
Firemen,
Policemen,
Highway Workers,
Athiests,
Environmentalists,
Scientists,
Middle East Countries,
People who use birth control,
Hollywood Actors,
Public Television,
Family Planning Centers,
College Professors,
Every Formidable Democratic Politician, particularly if they're successful women,
Feminists,
The entire 60's generation,
Anti-War Demonstrators,
Single Pregnant Women
The Poor,
The unemployed,
The ill,
The Foreclosed upon,
Poor People who need organ transplants,
All of The Kennedy's,
All of The Roosevelts,
The entire State Of California,
The entire North, all but Alaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaska,

Gee, I'm sure I'm leaving out some of the Americans that the right hates....particularly the T.Party haters. Hmmmm...Oh, Yes, African Americans.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

</div></div>Why are you such a racist and bigot?

wolfdancer
03-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Johnny, apparently reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits......but I could be wrong? Can you point out the racist, and bigoted remarks contained in Gayle's post, as it seemed to me that she was speaking out against the right wing intolerance of those groups.

LWW
03-09-2011, 05:26 AM
JohnnyD, the post you quoted was amongst the most wrong headed I have ever had the misfortune of being exposed to.