PDA

View Full Version : Obama is starting to look like Cheney.

Sev
03-08-2011, 02:53 PM
GITMO is staying open.
If the capture Osama he will go to GITMO.
Military trials will be starting again.
Looks like the troops will be staying in Afghanistan longer than promised.

I cant help but wonder what else he is going to about face on?

Oil production perhaps???

pooltchr
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
It would seem he may have lied to his own followers!

I wonder how they feel about that.

Will they voice their displeasure with their dear leader....or will they just blame Bush?

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Sy Hersch says, I think, that the old assassination team Cheney used to command is now under Obama's command.

I don't think we should have such an assassination squad, or if we do, that it shouldn't be under the control of the VP, generally. In the case of the last guy who was prez, however, that was probably an exception to the rule.

As for keeping Gitmo open, I'm not sure O's given up its closure formally (although he's surely missed his one-year deadline to accomplish what has been far harder than he thought, and now we're beyond two years past the announcement). There's a little more room for slack by his supporters in this case, because of the difficulties including vast Congressional opposition to relocating those prisoners stateside and their refusal to vote for funding of the relocations.

What is worse for O's supporters is his continuation of a) the warrantless wiretap regime, b) continuing special rendition, c) keeping Baghram and other places as black sites, without international or Red Cross monitors, d) continuing to use state secret arguments to hide things, e) continuing to pretend al Qaeda is a worldwide menace of the first order requiring a record level of defense spending, f) refusing to pressure Netanyahu on settlements, despite a halting first couple of steps in that direction, and g) prolly at least another half dozen things that do not come to mind at this time.

These are all matters of some grief to O's supporters, as he had campaigned against all of them (except maybe not e). Democrats and the left and the civil libertarians and some others decry these Cheney/Bush type policies (read Glenn Greenwald at Salon for his scathing criticisms on these topics, for one example).

Sev
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
And have you seen his latest executive order that allows for the holding for life of GITMO detainees even after they have been acquitted??

Not even Stalin amongst other notables did something like that.

LWW
03-09-2011, 04:18 AM
This proves that Obama was pimping his followers the entire time.

If Obama truly decided to close Gitmo and release them all, a coup wouldn't surprise me.

As an add on ... of all the nutjob conspiracies the BOOOOSH!!!! haters bought into, they pretty much gave Cheney a pass on the cover up of shooting a guy in the face while being liquored up.

LWW

Qtec
03-09-2011, 04:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

As for keeping Gitmo open, I'm not sure O's given up its closure formally (although he's surely missed his one-year deadline to accomplish what has been far harder than he thought, and now we're beyond two years past the announcement). </div></div>

There's a reason for that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>On his second day in the White House in January 2009, Obama put out an Executive Order that he would close Guantanamo Bay’s prison for holding those captured in the War on Terror. </u> Obama attempted to move the accused terrorists to the U.S. for civilian trials, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>which met extreme backlash from Congress and the public. </span> As a result, Obama was forced to restart the military trials of the detainees who are still held at the base in Cuba.

“President Obama made a commitment in 2009 to come together and create a path forward with Congress. Unfortunately, that has not happened,” McKeon said.

“Instead, the White House did the exact opposite yesterday by emphasizing executive authority and leveling significant criticism toward Congress, calling our actions ‘dangerous,’ “ McKeon continued. “What I believe is dangerous is terrorists who wish to harm the Untied States.”

In response to Obama’s announced new policy on Monday, McKeon’s committee released legislation at a hastily arranged press conference. McKeon stood with six members of the House Armed Services Committee, Mac Thornberry (R.-Tex.), Randy Forbes (R.-Va.), Rob Wittman (R.-Va.), Tom Rooney (R.-Fla.), Bobby Schilling (R.-Ill.) and Tim Griffin (R.-Ark.).

<span style='font-size: 20pt'>The legislation announced will keep Guantanamo Bay <span style='font-size: 26pt'>open</span>,</span> ban the alleged terrorists from coming to U.S. soil, block funding for any facility in the U.S. for the detainees, affirm that military law is in effect for al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and terrorist networks, control release of detainees to other countries so that they cannot return to the battlefield, and directly oppose the new legal rights bestowed on the detainees by Obama. </div></div>

...and now the right does a 180 degree turn and blame him!

Q Congressional GOP Push Back Against Obama’s New Gitmo Policy (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42196)

Qtec
03-09-2011, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And have you seen his latest executive order that allows for the holding for life of GITMO detainees even after they have been acquitted?? </div></div>

This has always been the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama administration has announced it may continue the indefinite jailing of foreign prisoners, even if military tribunals find them not guilty. On Tuesday, Pentagon General Counsel Jeh Johnson said a prisoner’s release will depend on whether the government deems them a threat, not how they’re judged in court. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>The Bush administration took the same position.</span> Johnson was speaking before the Senate Armed Services Committee. </div></div>

Q....Bush was a Lefty.......LOL

Q

Qtec
03-09-2011, 04:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This proves that Obama was pimping his followers the entire time. </div></div>

Only someone with a warped sense of reality could come up with that OVERTLY racist statement.

Q

LWW
03-09-2011, 04:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And have you seen his latest executive order that allows for the holding for life of GITMO detainees even after they have been acquitted??

Not even Stalin amongst other notables did something like that.

</div></div>

The cabal is back with their racial slurs ... insisting that only blacks can be pimps.

Qtec
03-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Show me where I insisted that <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> only blacks can be pimps.</div></div>

You MADE IT UP. LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO.

Show me or admit you are wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This proves that <u>Obama was pimping</u> his followers the entire time. </div></div>

You equate the POTUS to a pimp ?

YOU were the one who brought racial undertones into the thread, not me.

Q

LWW
03-09-2011, 05:19 AM
If calling someone a pimp is racist and carries racial overtones against blacks, wouldn't that mean that the person speaking believes only blacks can be pimps?

The cabal is a curious lot ... and the doublethink runs strong through them.

LWW

Qtec
03-09-2011, 05:36 AM
Why would anyone use the word pimp and the first black POTUS in the same sentence?

Obama doesn't exploit his followers like they ALL do, no, he PIMPS them.......

You have never been clearer.

Q,,,got to ask, why are you posting to sev but talking to me?????????..petulance is not a virtue. LOL

pooltchr
03-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Q...admit it. You were wrong on that one.
There is not racial conotation to the term pimp. It is a term used to describe people who exploit others for personal gain.

I think the name applies quite well to our POTUS...not because he's black.....but because he's a pimp!

Steve

Sev
03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And have you seen his latest executive order that allows for the holding for life of GITMO detainees even after they have been acquitted?? </div></div>

This has always been the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Obama administration has announced it may continue the indefinite jailing of foreign prisoners, even if military tribunals find them not guilty. On Tuesday, Pentagon General Counsel Jeh Johnson said a prisoner’s release will depend on whether the government deems them a threat, not how they’re judged in court. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>The Bush administration took the same position.</span> Johnson was speaking before the Senate Armed Services Committee. </div></div>

Q....Bush was a Lefty.......LOL

Q </div></div>

Yah?? So??
Obama during his campaign was all about holding up the rule of law.

He is an inexperienced wet behind the ears empty suit sock puppet that is in way over his head.

I cant wait to see if he orders air strike or puts boots on the ground in Libya.

LWW
03-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Do not question dear leader.

Sev
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Based on previous experience I feel a punt is a distinct possibility.

Sev
03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Obama is blaming Bush for forcing him to keep GIMO open.

LWW
03-09-2011, 11:36 AM
And this surprises you why?

pooltchr
03-09-2011, 12:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is blaming Bush for forcing him to keep GIMO open. </div></div>

For a guy who wasn't even smart enough to tie his own shoes, he certainly seems to be manipulating the new president quite well.

Steve

Sev
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
The man behind the curtain.

LWW
03-10-2011, 04:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The man behind the curtain. </div></div>

I'll take "Who is Ball Ayres?" for a thousand Sev.

LWW

Qtec
03-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Name me one other POTUS that was a pimp or has been called a pimp?

Q

LWW
03-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Sadly, they have never learned WORDS (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pimp) mean things.

LWW
03-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Oddly, Snoopy didn't see this as racist:
http://www.guzer.com/pictures/bush_pimp.jpg

LWW
03-10-2011, 06:08 AM
Or THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecwdBb4gAVI)

LWW
03-10-2011, 06:09 AM
Or THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGilc8hygo) ... which is actually pretty funny.

LWW
03-10-2011, 06:10 AM
So I guess Snoopy has been hoist by his own petard. Again.

pooltchr
03-10-2011, 08:03 AM
He asked for another example, you give him 3. But since they came from his team, they don't count. He will ignore the fact that the term has been used to attack other presidents. He will not admit that he was wrong.

Steve

Sev
03-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Funny how that happens.

LWW
03-10-2011, 05:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He asked for another example, you give him 3. But since they came from his team, they don't count. He will ignore the fact that the term has been used to attack other presidents. He will not admit that he was wrong.

Steve </div></div>

He doesn't have to.

I already know he's wrong 99.44% of the time.