PDA

View Full Version : PPV synopsis of Open

09-09-2002, 09:55 PM
/ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif It's not a hustler's game anymore. These guys are real pros and play serious pool. The sports most prestigious title is up for grabs when the world's greatest players converge on Chesapeake, Virginia for this 27th Annual event. For the first time ever on pay-per-view you'll see the real color of money. Don't Miss A Single Shot.

time channel title
Sep 29 7:30PM iN2 U. S. Open 9-Ball Championships (Live)
Replay
Oct 3 11:00PM iN2 U. S. Open 9-Ball Championships
Oct 6 2:00PM

Looks good in print /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Wondering out loud though if the new or non-player is at all interested?I guess we're about to find out.BS

9 Ball Girl
09-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Hmmm. Mika is currently the player pictured. Isn't he a UPA member? Is this false advertisement to lead people to believe that he will be there?

Wendy~~not trying to stir things up--i'm just going nuts with my posts now due to lack of sleep /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

ted harris
09-10-2002, 12:03 AM
The picture is there because Mika placed second last year, and his entry is paid. Corey Deuel's is also posted. Have you seen the UPA list of players not attending. False advertising? Huh!

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2002, 10:30 AM
Aha! You see what lack of sleep can do to a person? /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif LOL

09-11-2002, 01:24 AM
i don't have it, and i don't know anyone who does.

good luck.

09-11-2002, 01:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: arnie:</font><hr> i don't have it, and i don't know anyone who does.

good luck. <hr></blockquote>

indemand,Ithought,was primarily cable?

I subscribe to comcast and fortunately I'll be able to receive it.BS

Ken
09-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Charter Communications is also using inDemand and will show the Open. I have the Dish but only because I'm mad at the local cable company. They don't carry the Court channel and they are too expensive. There's also a little disagreement about my last bill. It seems they don't like my paying for three months at a time and they got testy by shutting me off. So now they got nothing. Not so smart a business decision.

Dish satellite doesn't carry any local channels at the basic rate of around $23 so a coventional antenna is needed. The system equipment can be gotten free for two rooms if you subscribe to the basic for a year, I think, but after one room you have to pay an extra $5 a month. There are a lot of drawbacks to the system and after they merge with Direct TV watch the prices skyrocket.
KenCT

09-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Ted, where can I see this list of players not playing in ther Open?

Ken
09-11-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm not Ted but I'll tell you that the link to the list is the most prominent item at their website:

http://www.upatour.com/

You should note, however, that the list includes many players who will probably have to go to the Asian games. Also the only other pros, that is, players that make a significant amount of money playing tournament pool are the Little Dictator himself, Mika Immonen and Jeremy Jones. The absense of the Little Dictator is welcomed since if he were to get to the finals they would have to buy another 2 hours of satellite time.

The other players can be considered semi-pros at best but even you can be a pro if you give CW a hundred dollars.
KenCT