PDA

View Full Version : The regime is forced to tell the truth!

LWW
03-09-2011, 05:09 AM
SEBELIUS: Sir, the Affordable Care Act is 12 years the Medicare trust fund, according to every actuary, and the $500 billion dollars represents a slowdown in the growth rate of Medicare over 10 years from what was projected at 8% to a growth rate -- (gavel)

SHIMKUS: So is it Medicare? Is he using it to save Medicare or using it to fund (gavel noise) health care reform? Which one?

SEBELIUS: (gavel noise) Both.

PITTS: The gentleman's...

SHIMKUS: So you're double counting. I yield back my time.

LWW

LWW
03-09-2011, 05:11 AM
And the far left doublethinkers are already responding with the typical "She said what she said and meant what she meant, but didn't mean what she said or say what she meant!" mantra.

pooltchr
03-09-2011, 07:27 AM
This came up during the HC debate, and they flatly denied it. Now they are admitting they double counted the money, while denying the double counted the money.

I'm still not sure if they are economic idiots, or just plain liars.

Steve

Sev
03-09-2011, 07:33 AM
I laughed my ass off when I watched that.

The look on her face was priceless. You could tell she knew she was in trouble.

LWW
03-09-2011, 10:59 AM
In the words of the graet Grandpa Jones "PITIFUL, PITIFUL, PITIFUL!"

Soflasnapper
03-16-2011, 02:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SEBELIUS: Sir, the Affordable Care Act is 12 years the Medicare trust fund, according to every actuary, and the $500 billion dollars represents a slowdown in the growth rate of Medicare over 10 years from what was projected at 8% to a growth rate -- (gavel)

SHIMKUS: So is it Medicare? Is he using it to save Medicare or using it to fund (gavel noise) health care reform? Which one?

SEBELIUS: (gavel noise) Both.

PITTS: The gentleman's...

SHIMKUS: So you're double counting. I yield back my time.

LWW </div></div>

This is about the best proof of the innumeracy of the public one can imagine.

It's completely simple, but the 'double counting' spin is powerful and clouds the issue. How can one thing do two things at once? AREN'T YOU DOUBLE COUNTING????

Here's how.

The CBO predicts under current law and regs a given percentage increase in Medicare spending. It uses this prediction as part of a baseline figure for all the budget projections into the future. There is a Medicare trust fund, which under the current law and regs and percentage growth projections will be exhausted at a given date.

ACA's new law and regs reduce the rate of percentage increase of Medicare spending. Over time, compounding a lower rate of percentage increase adds up to far less total spending in the aggregate.

Because there is less spending than the prior baseline projections of increases, this extends the actuarial life of the trust fund by 10 years.

At the same time, this amount of savings that was in the prior projection of total spending and budget numbers is now not going into the Medicare spending, so spending that same amount for health care reform only sums up the total budget to the same baseline where it was before ACA.

So, as the spending savings in Medicare itself extend the life of its trust fund, they also make room within the prior budget baseline projections to shoe-horn in HCR spending, without increasing the prior baseline deficit and total added debt projections.

This is evidently far beyond the mental capacity of most Americans to comprehend, but it is a most simple concept.

LWW
03-16-2011, 03:11 AM
I see you will never, ever, question dear leader on this.

Qtec
03-16-2011, 03:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you will never, ever, question dear leader on this. </div></div>

"............but Obama.........."

You really crushed him with that reply.......eh ...NOT.

More accurately, its the intellectual equivalent shoving both thumbs in your ears and shouting, "Nah Nah NAHNAH NAh..<span style='font-size: 14pt'>I can't hear you</span>", and then sticking your tongue out.
Ok for the school playground but not here.

Pathetic....<span style='font-size: 14pt'>but not unexpected.</span>

Keep it up Dorothy.

Q........LWW..shot down for the millionth time but still won't/can't accept it.

Soflasnapper
03-22-2011, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see you will never, ever, question dear leader on this. </div></div>

As I admit, the 'double-counting' criticism is a powerful but naive talking point that is wholly persuasive if you don't look into it.

Once you look into it, however, you find there is nothing there but willful deception spoon-fed to a lazy or incompetent audience.

LWW
03-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Next we will here an explanation of how Obama's parents didn't meet ... at a MLK march ... until years after he was born, thus proving an immaculate conception.

Soflasnapper
03-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Imagine the basketball coach who tells his team if they up their defensive effort, and hold the opposing team to a lower shooting percentage, it will not only hold down the opposing score, but lead to more offensive scoring opportunity possessions, and lead to a higher score for his team.

The not so bright scrub on the end of the bench asks, coach, aren't you double counting? How can it do BOTH? In that case, we can all understand how it does both things.

You know, unless you've looked into it and learned about it, double entry bookkeeping seems like a racket rather than a formalized system that actually is the truth, however unintuitive it may seem. Which is why you ask the CPA, because he understands that system.

For the budget, which has its own arcane rules related to both how trust fund accounting works in the unified budget and importantly, how baseline accounting works, you ask the CBO.

LWW
03-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Imagine the person who borrows $500.00 from their Visa card to pay their Mastercard and then borrows $500.00 from their MC to pay their Visa ... and then claims they reduced their debt by $1,000.00.