PDA

View Full Version : Yet another example of spoon feeding.

LWW
03-10-2011, 04:43 AM
MSNBC uses Tom Cruise as an example of the Hollywood leftist elite being tax dodgers ... and then ignores that it's another example of the leftist elite dodging taxes and blames it on the TPM.

OH DEAR! (http://crooksandliars.com/brad-reed/how-we-can-convince-tea-partiers-raise-t)

Soflasnapper
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
An endless example of missing the point.

An example of very rich persons not paying much in taxes, left OR right. (As a Scientologist, I don't think Cruise has much of a lefty reputation. Do you?)

But, ok. Let the TPM get mad at rich (alleged) leftists, and realize maybe raising taxes on them would be wise. If it takes that for a breakthrough in their thinking, fine.

There seems to be a presumption out there that anyone who is rich must have a) worked extremely hard for it, and therefore must deserve complete protection of whatever they've made or else you kill the golden goose of their genius contributions to society, and b) is a titan of industry and a huge employer of people, so they deserve complete protection of whatever they've made or else you kill the golden goose of employment opportunities.

Bringing up Charlie Sheen and Paris Hilton as counterexamples would be a salutary correction of such a mistaken view. And Tom Cruise, if you want, fine.

wolfdancer
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
"Spoon feeding"....is a recurring theme in his posts. It has lost any attempt at cogency, through it's overuse, and misuse. I have mentally assigned his posts to the same "circular file" as JohnnyD's even less cogent..."Jesus" rants.
It's Just not worth the effort to attempt to reason with that poster. I have heard several stories about his incessant postings on several sites,and his "need" to do same