PDA

View Full Version : The amazing shrinking cult!

LWW
03-10-2011, 05:12 AM
The nutty 25% is no more:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Thirty-nine percent (39%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15 </div></div>

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/march_2011/obama_approval_index_march_9_2011/465039-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_march_9_2011.jpg
OH MY! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)

Soflasnapper
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
It is certainly odd that the number of those strongly disapproving has tanked, and probably a good sign for the country.

Thank you for bringing this shocking decline to our attention.

pooltchr
03-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve

LWW
03-11-2011, 04:30 PM
If dear leader say it's upside down, then it's upside down.

JohnnyD
03-11-2011, 04:42 PM
The truth will set them free.

wolfdancer
03-11-2011, 04:50 PM
"the truth will set them free, sir"
There, I corrected that for you.
AS Rowdy Yates once said " A man's go to know his limitations, and which rung to occupy on the, the ...er, ladder"
I'm not sure if that connection is readily apparent, but then I write only to amuse myself.

JohnnyD
03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If dear leader say it's upside down, then it's upside down. </div></div> Great post sir.

Sev
03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Then Obama should have sought a position as a bellhop.

Soflasnapper
03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve </div></div>

It's probably a 'new, record low,' but then again, EVERY number of this president is a new record low or high in this novel index, which never existed before hyper-partisan Scott Rasmussen first created it a few years back, to coincide with O's presidency.

So, unlike the USUAL presidential job approval polling, where O's numbers can be compared to other presidents (and where other presidents of some repute have scored lower at any given time), there CANNOT be any comparisons to any president ever on this madeup index (hence, O is always going to have the highest or lowest on record).

O actually bounces along in a fairly narrow range with respect to his job approval number-- higher forties down to lower mid-forties. Not great, could obviously be better, but not at all terrible given that a) the economy is anemic, with UE still horrible, and b) the blizzard of opposition he has to walk through.

pooltchr
03-11-2011, 07:39 PM
You are starting to sound like someone around here who clung till the very last minute to the hope that the Dems would pull out a victory last November.

Why is it so hard to admit that Obama was ill prepared for this job, he was too young and inexperienced, and is not fumbling his way through problem after problem with no clue where he is going?

Yes, he ran a feel good campaign, and was virtually unopposed in the presidential race. The Dems played up his race to perfection and got record numbers of blacks to the polls. But his performance in the job has been far less than stellar. We have just been through 2 years with no real direction for the country, no improvement to the economy he said he would fix, no change in our status in the middle east, little to be encouraged about with the economy, still running the terrorist prison camp in Cuba. All we have to show for his reign so far is a severely flawed and outrageously expensive healthcare bill, and a few trillion added to the national debt.

Considering the job he has done, I'm really surprised that his approval ratings have remained as high as they have. I guess some people are slow to admit their mistakes. But as the independents turn away from him, the votes he had in 08 are abandoning ship.

He may well be a one term president, and it's entirely possible that the candidate that takes over in 12 will come from within his own party.

Steve

LWW
03-12-2011, 03:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve </div></div>

It's probably a 'new, record low,' but then again, EVERY number of this president is a new record low or high in this novel index, which never existed before hyper-partisan Scott Rasmussen first created it a few years back, to coincide with O's presidency. </div></div>

There you go reinventing history again

When GWB was POTUS Rasmussen consistently had numbers lower for him than Gallup did ... and the far left routinely shouted these numbers from the rooftops as undeniable.

When dear leader was coronated, they immediately flipped back to preferring Gallup because they again had higher numbers. Once Gallup went below Rasmussen, Rasmussen again became the poll du jour.

The actual truth is that Rasmussen polling has consistently been at the tops in polling accuracy for several years ... while Gallup has become little more than a left wing "RENT-A-POLL" shill.

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 03:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve </div></div>

It's probably a 'new, record low,' but then again, EVERY number of this president is a new record low or high in this novel index, which never existed before hyper-partisan Scott Rasmussen first created it a few years back, to coincide with O's presidency. </div></div>

There you go reinventing history again

When GWB was POTUS Rasmussen consistently had numbers lower for him than Gallup did ... and the far left routinely shouted these numbers from the rooftops as undeniable.

When dear leader was coronated, they immediately flipped back to preferring Gallup because they again had higher numbers. Once Gallup went below Rasmussen, Rasmussen again became the poll du jour.

The actual truth is that Rasmussen polling has consistently been at the tops in polling accuracy for several years ... while Gallup has become little more than a left wing "RENT-A-POLL" shill. </div></div>

If Rasmussen was polling on 'strongly approve' vs. 'strongly disapprove' during the W administration, I would be surprised. Is that true or not (since your digression isn't really on that point)?

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Answering my own question, Rasmussen didn't publish such a presidential approval index until late '08.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Rasmussen "Presidential Approval Index": Is This Newer Measurement Worth Anything?
By Eric Kleefeld - July 29, 2009, 6:13PM

Some commentators on the right have been pointing to an interesting number that has been coming from the Rasmussen daily tracking poll, which Rasmussen bills as the "Presidential Approval Index," which Scott Rasmussen only began bringing out in late 2008. The key questions then are: What is this number, and is it a valid measurement of real popularity? In an interview today with TPM, Rasmussen defended the index's validity against some harsh criticism, saying that intensity of opinion -- the true figure measured by his index -- does indeed matter.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I asked three prominent polling experts about this, and they all lambasted it.

Mark Blumenthal of Pollster.com said he didn't know of anyone who had previously given this as a prominent "index." "If Obama now has more strong detractors than strong supporters, that is politically meaningful (though contrary to the results of the recent ABC/Washington Post polls, to pick one example)," said Blumenthal. "But to report only those who strongly approve or strongly disapprove of Obama while neglecting mention of the aggregate numbers strikes me as more political spin than analysis."

Charles Franklin of Pollster.com, who is also my former poli-sci professor, said that it "seems misguided" to write off the moderate approvers and disapprovers. And Prof. Alan Abramowitz of Emory University was quite tough on it: "In my opinion, it makes no sense. It assumes that there's no difference between those who just approve and disapprove, that the only opinions that count are strong approval and disapproval, but there' s no evidence to support that claim."

For his part, Scott Rasmussen defended the index to me. He said he began breaking out the strong approval-disapproval numbers late in 2008, originally for the simple purpose of differentiating himself from Gallup after they got in on the daily tracking gig that had previously been his sole domain.</div></div>

Is this newer measurement worth anything? (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/07/the-rasmussen-presidential-approval-index-is-this-newer-measurement-worth-anything.php)

hondo
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve </div></div>

Until the Repubs can find a viable candidate, I doubt that Obama has anything to worry about.
Wouldn't you agree?

wolfdancer
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
while you may prefer servile positions for "men of color", the rest of modern day Americans, have moved well past those arcane beliefs.
President Obama has been left "unsolvable" problems by the former admin. Maybe...to generate some positive publicity, he should do a Bush style, flyover in Haiti, waving to the people and the destruction below. It did such good in N. O.

LWW
03-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Because you find it on the web doesn't make it true.

pooltchr
03-15-2011, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice spin attempt, but you and I both know that chart does not reflect well for the presidents approval ratings.

Steve </div></div>

Until the Repubs can find a viable candidate, I doubt that Obama has anything to worry about.
Wouldn't you agree? </div></div>

I have already posted in the past that the Republicans have little on the horizon that look to be capable candidates from my point of view. I believe I recently questioned how a country of 300 million people can't seem to do any better than a inexperienced community organizer...and yet...that seems to be the case.
If this is the best we can do, I don't care which side you are on...this country is in serious trouble.

Steve

Sev
03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">while you may prefer servile positions for "men of color", the rest of modern day Americans, have moved well past those arcane beliefs.
President Obama has been left "unsolvable" problems by the former admin. Maybe...to generate some positive publicity, he should do a Bush style, flyover in Haiti, waving to the people and the destruction below. It did such good in N. O.
</div></div>

Well lets see. He managed to hit the golf course the other day. Go to a grid iron dinner. Then go to a party. Will be hosting a St Patty's party and is going on tour in South America on Friday.

Guess there is nothing pressing going on in the world.

LWW
03-15-2011, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Rasmussen was polling on 'strongly approve' vs. 'strongly disapprove' during the W administration, I would be surprised. Is that true or not (since your digression isn't really on that point)? </div></div>

Yes they were, and yes it is.

The SA vs SD is important in his hypothesis as it removes those who bounce back and forth based on that day's news.

LWW
03-15-2011, 07:47 AM
It's like a nightmare to the O-cult ... it just keeps getting worse!
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/march_2011/obama_approval_index_march_15_2011/466160-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_march_15_2011.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tuesday, March 15, 2011 Email to a Friend ShareThis
Advertisement

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 20% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22. ...

Overall, 43% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. Fifty-seven percent (57%) disapprove. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)