PDA

View Full Version : RSB can give the CCB the 5 and the breaks

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 07:24 AM
The following trash was posted in the Trash Talk Forum at fantasy9ball.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats right, the orange crush, and we'd still win. RSB could give the CCB $500 in fantasy dollars and still win this thing. why? just look:

RSB can define equations for squirt, throw, coefficients of friction, etc in their sleep. the CCB can create nifty annoying action/motion signatures. nice, but what does it have to do with pool?

in RSB we tell each other how much and why we hate each other, creating an atmosphere which inspires us to succeed. in the CCB they all tell each other how much they love each other like a virtual support group, creating softies who say "thats ok, i still love you" when their fellow members fail. in RSB they will tell you it is because you suck and ask you to leave the newsgroup, then killfile you so you don't infect them with your weakness. advantage RSB.

all the best threads in the CCB were stolen by tom_in_cincy from RSB.

statistics say 64.3% of CCB'ers play virtual pool more than real pool. 64.3% of RSB'ers don't even know what virtual pool is. advantage RSB.

83.7% of CCB'ers think "orange crush" is a soda. 59.2% of RSB'ers knew it was really a spot in 9-ball before they even hit puberty. incidentally, 18.9% of CCB'ers haven't hit puberty.

it takes more brains to learn to access usenet than it does to find a website.

the CCB allows girls to be members. RSB is a strictly men-only card carrying member of the he-man woman haters club.

all of the best CCB'ers are really RSB'ers we sent to destroy you. they try and blend in, but that is part of our genius.

look at the title of the forum guys (any girls return immediately to the CCB) and let the games begin!

MikeM
09-10-2002, 08:00 AM
But do they have a keychain?!?!?!?!?

Wussies!

MM...How DO you access Usenet?

Kato
09-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Wow, that guy must have gone the Notre Dame School of Trash Talking!!!!!!! I don't talk trash (much and not here), I play pool.

Ernie, if you're lurking today, I'm coming for you tonight. I'm gonna pound you senseless!!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~likes the girls on the CCB.

Kato
09-10-2002, 08:02 AM
Mike, I've often wondered the same thing. Phil once told me how but I'm computer illiterate.

Kato

MikeM
09-10-2002, 08:13 AM
I guess we'll just have to stick with the ignorant prepubescents and the HOT CCB babes!

Advantage CCB!

MM

SpiderMan
09-10-2002, 08:18 AM
I outgrew RSB several years ago. They used to have this twerp on there, I think he was a physics grad student somewhere, who argued with me endlessly that a hard tip on a break stick was a bad idea. His reason? The louder sound when it hit the cueball represented more lost energy, so you couldn't get as much speed. A soft tip was quieter, therefore you must be getting more energy transferred to the cueball. Never mind that he couldn't seem to calculate the amount of energy in the acoustics.

I think he eventually graduated and moved to Oklahoma, started selling imitation Balabushkas by mail order. Probably still uses Elk Masters on his break cue.

SpiderMan

Rich R.
09-10-2002, 08:18 AM
I'd love to know where this guy gets his statistics.
What a jerk.
Rich R.

NH_Steve
09-10-2002, 08:26 AM
Try this:
<a target="_blank" href=http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&amp;lr=&amp;safe=off&amp;num=30&amp;q=group:rec.sport .billiard>RSB shortcut</a>

I lurk a little over there, but have not posted...

cheesemouse
09-10-2002, 08:34 AM
Tom,
That bet sounds like a lock. The ccb will take that bet and put up our best lady against the RSB's Neanderthal. The only problem is you could turn them upside down and you could not shake $500 out of their pockets..... LOL

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 08:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> I'd love to know where this guy gets his statistics.
What a jerk.
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>

i know the guy very well, and your right, he is a world class jerk!! i hate him!!

he got the stats here:

www.it-was-a-freaking-joke.com (http://www.it-was-a-freaking-joke.com) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

warren..

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> The following trash was posted in the Trash Talk Forum at fantasy9ball.com

<hr></blockquote>

jeeze tom, i wonder why i posted it there and not here or RSB? i posted that when mike very first put the forums up, and was trying to spark a little fun (hence the part you left off). he called it the "trash talking forum". i was hoping a ccb'er was gonna come back with some retort that was also fun. i think if you read both RSB and CCB you will find the post funny (and in the spirit it was intended). and although it was a pro-rsb post, you'll notice i was also posting little jabs at RSB too.

you guys are really not that humorless are you?

warren..

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Tom,
That bet sounds like a lock. The ccb will take that bet and put up our best lady against the RSB's Neanderthal. The only problem is you could turn them upside down and you could not shake $500 out of their pockets..... LOL <hr></blockquote>

haha!!! see, now where the heck were you when i posted that over a month ago?! now THAT is a funny reply that i was looking for /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

warren..

cheesemouse
09-10-2002, 09:25 AM
Warren,
I must have been chalk'n instead of talk'n...LOL

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren:</font><hr> i was hoping a ccb'er was gonna come back with some retort.<hr></blockquote> I try not to explain a joke, it usually ruins it.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-10-2002, 09:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr>
haha!!! see, now where the heck were you when i posted that over a month ago?! now THAT is a funny reply that i was looking for /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

warren.. <hr></blockquote>

I don't know about RSB but I bet some of those Filipinos at WPC might give the CCB a pretty good game /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

TTFN,

Fred Agnir
09-10-2002, 10:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> But do they have a keychain?!?!?!?!?

Wussies!

MM...How DO you access Usenet? <hr></blockquote>
Usenet is the newsgroup section of the internet. In AOL, it's called "NEWS" I think. On standard IPs, you would use your news reader, like Outlook Express. You set up your newsgroup accounts just like you set up your e-mail accounts.

If they are setup, try this link (copy and past in the address window and hit the return/enter key).

news:rec.sport.billiard

That should launch your default newsreader.

Fred

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 10:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: MikeM:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; But do they have a keychain?!?!?!?!?

Wussies!

MM...How DO you access Usenet? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Usenet is the newsgroup section of the internet. In AOL, it's called "NEWS" I think. On standard IPs, you would use your news reader, like Outlook Express. You set up your newsgroup accounts just like you set up your e-mail accounts.

If they are setup, try this link (copy and past in the address window and hit the return/enter key).

news:rec.sport.billiard

That should launch your default newsreader.

Fred
<hr></blockquote>

but to set up whatever newsreader you use (outlook, netscape messenger, etc etc) you need to know what the newsfeed is, but luckily the address seems to follow a certain standard (at least somewhat!) for instance, i am using my ip from the university of kentucky, and the newsfeed is news.uky.edu -- similarly, if your email or whatever is xxxx.com (net, edu, whatever) your feed is likely to be news.xxxx.com. but you can always contact your ip or i bet you can find the info using a search engine.

also, alot of times, people give a link to google. it is VERY important to realize that google is an ARCHIVE. it is an extremely valuable tool, and also lets you post, but it is only updated maybe once or twice a day. so if you post using google, you won't see you post for a while. also you will not see all of the very latest posts. it also has some other weird quirks. if you really wanna take advantage of usenet, you need a newsfeed and a newsreader. chances are, you probably already have both.

btw, fred, did you think the post i made copied to here (the one that started the thread) was at least a LITTLE bit funny?!

warren..

MikeM
09-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Warren,

I was cracking up the whole time I read it. I know a joke when I see one. And BTW I do know how to access Usenet and use newsgroups. Apparently my attempt at self-deprecating humor was misguided./ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif Thanks anyway Fred, Steve and Warren.

MM...RSBers are still Wussies! (except the ones who are also CCBers)

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Warren,

I was cracking up the whole time I read it. I know a joke when I see one. And BTW I do know how to access Usenet and use newsgroups. Apparently my attempt at self-deprecating humor was misguided./ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif Thanks anyway Fred, Steve and Warren.

MM...RSBers are still Wussies! (except the ones who are also CCBers) <hr></blockquote>

hey mike! i saw a couple of people got it, i knew you did, but i was just giving some factual info about how to access RSB. its not as easy as posting a web address (unless you wanna uses google). but at least one poster appeared to be hostile about the original post, so i wanted to explain it before it got out of control!!

but, one thing is for sure, this thread sure proves one of my points. you gotta steal threads from other forums and post em here to keep the ccb interesting /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

warren..&lt;-- can provide a list of forums if needed

Fred Agnir
09-10-2002, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> I outgrew RSB several years ago. They used to have this twerp on there, I think he was a physics grad student somewhere, who argued with me endlessly that a hard tip on a break stick was a bad idea. His reason? The louder sound when it hit the cueball represented more lost energy, so you couldn't get as much speed. A soft tip was quieter, therefore you must be getting more energy transferred to the cueball. Never mind that he couldn't seem to calculate the amount of energy in the acoustics.
<hr></blockquote>
He isn't there anymore. But, if it is whom I am thinking (John Walkup), I think he'd know the difference.

Anyway, the three forums of rec.sport.billiard, alt.sport.pool, and the CCBoard all have a different flavor. It's all in one's taste, so to speak. The cyber-famous Wei (programmer of the RSB Wei Table) is an RSB member, as is, Deno Andrews (pro 3C Chicago player, and THE INITIAL cyber proponent of "no pick, no scuff"), Bob Jewett (the leading authority on the physics of pool, and Master BCA Instructor), cuemakers like Jim Buss and Sherm Adamson, casemakers like John Colins (Instroke), and Jack Justis, and many more in the billiard industry. Also, it includes Tom in Cincy, Steve Lipsky, Tony Matthews, and yours truly from the CCBoard.

Fred

SPetty
09-10-2002, 11:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> warren..&lt;-- can provide a list of forums if needed <hr></blockquote>Yes, please.

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; i was hoping a ccb'er was gonna come back with some retort.&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt; I try not to explain a joke, it usually ruins it. <hr></blockquote>

sorry tom, i was detecting a hint of hostility. my bad bro!!

warren..

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fred Agnir:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: SpiderMan:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; I outgrew RSB several years ago. They used to have this twerp on there, I think he was a physics grad student somewhere, who argued with me endlessly that a hard tip on a break stick was a bad idea. His reason? The louder sound when it hit the cueball represented more lost energy, so you couldn't get as much speed. A soft tip was quieter, therefore you must be getting more energy transferred to the cueball. Never mind that he couldn't seem to calculate the amount of energy in the acoustics.
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
He isn't there anymore. But, if it is whom I am thinking (John Walkup), I think he'd know the difference.

Anyway, the three forums of rec.sport.billiard, alt.sport.pool, and the CCBoard all have a different flavor. It's all in one's taste, so to speak. The cyber-famous Wei (programmer of the RSB Wei Table) is an RSB member, as is, Deno Andrews (pro 3C Chicago player, and THE INITIAL cyber proponent of "no pick, no scuff"), Bob Jewett (the leading authority on the physics of pool, and Master BCA Instructor), cuemakers like Jim Buss and Sherm Adamson, casemakers like John Colins (Instroke), and Jack Justis, and many more in the billiard industry. Also, it includes Tom in Cincy, Steve Lipsky, Tony Matthews, and yours truly from the CCBoard.

Fred <hr></blockquote>

ahhhhhh, hello fred? you forgot many people like ron shepard (author of amateur physics for amateur pool players (APAPP), ed mercier (playpool.com), mike howerton (azbilliards), warren lushia (international supermodel and reknowned billiards authority), jeanette lee (pretty good female player), jimboct (world champion 9-ball), johnny brumback (kentucky's finest!), mike shamos (THE billiards authority), robin (bell) dobson (froggy jumper type), karla_in_ia (wpba hopeful, plus her husband tom), steve lipsky, richard black, thomas wayne, sheldon lebow, bill stroud, murray tucker, and the list could go on forever.

john walkup was at OK when you were there spidey, he is now a professor in california. he was a smart guy, for sure, but he needed alot of convincing to change his mind! but he did know what he was talking about for the most part (don't recall the tip arguement, i agree with you on that one). i wish walkup would make a re-appearance, even if just for novelties sake!!

warren..

SpiderMan
09-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Sounds like RSB has grown up a bit. I haven't hung out there for 3 or 4 years. I liked Shepard, as well as Sherm and a few others that I can't currently remember. At the time, we didn't have any supermodels.

BTW, there was a "WCrimi" who posted now and then, wonder if it was Fran?

SpiderMan

09-10-2002, 12:33 PM
I believe it is Fran's cousin, Wayne. Very nice guy.

- Steve

Vicki
09-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Hi Warren,

You know how they say there's one in every group?? And if you don't think there is then it's you. Well, Tom seems clueless.

Vicki

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 01:46 PM
I thought the whole thing was hilarious and would get the result Warren was seeking, which it did. Why do *you* think I posted it here?

I'm curious, do you also still think I should be banned or do you still wish I would die as you have previously posted?

Thanks for adding to the fun, Vicky.

Rod
09-10-2002, 01:52 PM
"RSB can define equations for squirt, throw, coefficients of friction, etc in their sleep."

I'll just bet they can, now if they could only put the tip on the cue ball and hit where they aim!

Vicki
09-10-2002, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I thought the whole thing was hilarious and would get the result Warren was seeking, which it did. Why do *you* think I posted it here?

I'm curious, do you also still think I should be banned or do you still wish I would die as you have previously posted?

Thanks for adding to the fun, Vicky. Not. <hr></blockquote>

I personally think smoking in places open to the public should be banned which seems to be the heart of our disagreement. I merely suggested that rather than risk a long, terrible smoking realted terminal illness that you should simply shoot yourself in the head. It's much quicker and far less painless. I think that anyone who would advocate to continue forcing second hand smoke on people whose only crime is their love for pool is a criminal! I don't like your nature. You seem conceited and condescending. You live on your high horse and think you are smarter than other people. I am sure you are loved by you family and so I wish that no harm ever comes to you but I would not be heartbroken if you never appeared in my life again.

As far as what your intent with this post is... I don't think you were making a joke and I don't think you understood that the post you copied was a joke. I thought it was a clever way to distinguish the differences in the forums without personally attacking any individuals.

Just because you don't like me and I don't like you doesn't mean everyone else wants to read about it. If you want to continue our discussion I recommend that you PM me and let the others get back to pool.

VickI - not Y

09-10-2002, 02:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr> ...and let the others get back to pool.

VickI - not Y <hr></blockquote>

Whoa, hold on a second... we're supposed to be discussing pool here?

- Steve

MikeM
09-10-2002, 02:37 PM
We can hate each other just as much as you!/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

MM

09-10-2002, 02:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

you guys are really not that humorless are you?

<hr></blockquote>

That would be a ... YES! /webbbs/images/icons/laugh.gif

Warren_Lushia
09-10-2002, 03:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Warren_Lushia:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; warren..&amp;lt;-- can provide a list of forums if needed &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Yes, please. <hr></blockquote>

if your looking for forums i contribute to/make a fool of myself on look here:

bd ccb (here)

rsb and asp (usenet groups, they love me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif)

azbiliards forum (mikey is my best buddy!)

playpool forum (don't tell ed i said anything about mikey!)

uk8ball (the bd ccb of the british isles!! pop in and say wozza (uk nick for warren) sent ya!! i know just about every regular there, seriously, so dont make trouble /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

uk-pool -- site for my buds darren appleton (played in 2 of the recent WPC) and his gf vikki layton (top women's uk 8 baller). sarah ellerby came from those ranks too /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

WPC forum -- even the ones that hate me there love me. directly responsible for at least 10% of azbilliards traffic just through spreading the word (the site speaks for itself)

there may be more just ask!!

plus, i'm cute /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

warren..(busted by ted harris as a forum tramp!)

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 04:05 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Vicki:</font><hr>As far as what your intent with this post is... I don't think you understood that the post you copied was a joke. Just because you don't like me and I don't like you doesn't mean everyone else wants to read about it. I recommend that you PM me and let the others get back to pool.<hr></blockquote>Anybody who went to the www.fantasy9ball.com (http://www.fantasy9ball.com) forum and read Warren's post plus a second thread he started about it and didn't realize he was kidding around would have to be an idiot. So I guess you think I'm an idiot in addition to the laundry list of other things you think about me.

As for liking you, I had just about forgotten and forgiven your 'banning/shoot myself' post. That has to do with my own thoughts, regardless of what yours are. All I can do is be honest with you, whether you like it or not is not up to me. I have better things to think about than harboring thoughts of hatred for you or anyone else. Also, I don't need to agree on everything with someone to like them. As far as PMs, if you prefer me to reply to you via PM, then please make your comments to or about me via PM, not in the open forum. -Tom

Voodoo Daddy
09-10-2002, 11:31 PM
HEY...watch that Notre Dame bashing....lil ankle biter

09-11-2002, 01:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>

<hr></blockquote>

how else would one fuel a self-fulfilling quest for a grand pooh-bah status?BS

nAz
09-11-2002, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: TomBrooklyn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

how else would one fuel a self-fulfilling quest for a grand pooh-bah status?BS <hr></blockquote>
LOL good one

Alfie
09-11-2002, 03:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Warren_Lushia:</font><hr> also, alot of times, people give a link to google. it is VERY important to realize that google is an ARCHIVE. it is an extremely valuable tool, and also lets you post, but it is only updated maybe once or twice a day. so if you post using google, you won't see you post for a while. also you will not see all of the very latest posts. <hr></blockquote> but, if you only lurk, you will find google groups very satisfactory, IMO. good search engine, fast navigation.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Warren,
I did reply to your post on Fantasy9Ball.. "Trash Talking" Forum..

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>
Warren,

I did "steal" threads from RSB.. but you are the only one that has noticed
You are truely a pool detecive.

We have all the characters on CCB Plus some that don't even know what a RSB is..

RSB lurker since 1996..

Good Fun.. kick some booty.. CCB forever.. RSB sometimes.. LOL
Tom In Cincy<hr></blockquote>

Tom_In_Cincy
09-11-2002, 04:27 PM
TomBrooklyn,

Stirring things up a little HUH?

Warren started this and I hope it lasts a long time.. He's a good ole Kentucky boy.. with "Summer" teeth.. Sum are there and sum are missing.. One of these days... we will have a good one-pocket tournament that Warren might show up.. and play.. or Woof..

TomBrooklyn
09-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Yah, it looked like no one saw his thread where he posted it, and he felt so bad that I gave it a little help.

Warren_Lushia
09-11-2002, 09:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> TomBrooklyn,

Stirring things up a little HUH?

Warren started this and I hope it lasts a long time.. He's a good ole Kentucky boy.. with "Summer" teeth.. Sum are there and sum are missing.. One of these days... we will have a good one-pocket tournament that Warren might show up.. and play.. or Woof.. <hr></blockquote>

you aint needin' no teeth ta play pool. y'all gotta wear shoes where y'all play? oh yeah, aint half of cincy in kentucky anyway ?! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

i don't mind all the yakin' as long as you keep rackin'!

warren..&lt;-- btw i aint a native of kentucky /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif