PDA

View Full Version : going away

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 09:22 AM
some here are very nice and supportivepeople here.but tired of other things.anyway i got scott lee as a teacher and his tapes and whitewolf as a couch and a pool table in my living room.

will still check in for pvt mails.

dont think i will be missed since as a beginner so many people think my opinions are stupid.i guess since i am still registered i will see some of you at ccb tourn.

cheers

bluewolf

=k=
09-10-2002, 09:50 AM
bluewolf
mho you are okay. take care best wishes.. k

Lester
09-10-2002, 09:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> some here are very nice and supportivepeople here.but tired of other things.anyway i got scott lee as a teacher and his tapes and whitewolf as a couch and a pool table in my living room.

dont think i will be missed since as a beginner so many people think my opinions are stupid.i guess since i am still registered i will see some of you at ccb tourn.

cheers

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Bluewolf, I never thought your opinions were stupid. Anyway, post when you want and see you and whitewolf at the CCB Tourney. ***Lester***

09-10-2002, 10:07 AM

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Hey Bluewolf,

We all started out the same way at some point or another. It's like the saying says, you gotta crawl before you walk. Stay in touch and see you at the CCB Tourney at the Open.

Wendy~~if you don't ask, you don't learn /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

cheesemouse
09-10-2002, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> some here are very nice and supportivepeople here.but tired of other things.anyway i got scott lee as a teacher and his tapes and whitewolf as a couch and a pool table in my living room.

cheers

bluewolf <hr></blockquote>

bluewolf,
Take heart gal. I don't know that anything was directed specifically at you, if it was it was it came from those who elect themselves to the gentility. Just remember that you, as a beginner, are the lifes blood of this or any sport. The aristocracy always lose sight of where they came from and then the underpriviledged lop off there heads..... LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Just hang in there and your skin will slowly get thicker.

Kato
09-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Guess we'll see you at the U.S. Open and in the CCB tourny.
Keep the faith.

Kato

Wally_in_Cincy
09-10-2002, 10:20 AM
WW,

I like Fran but I thought that post of hers was a bit condescending. Maybe it'd just jet-lag /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Heck I think I'd be a bit testy too if I had to play Allison Fisher every month or so LOL.

09-10-2002, 10:24 AM
I am one of those quilty of getting on that other thread and griping about repetitive posts and non pool related chat. If you are here long enough, topics come around many times and you get bored. BUT, this has nothing to do with you personally. If you are new to the board or are a beginner you should be encouraged to ask questions and express your thoughts. It's the only way to learn, so don't leave. Let us old farts be egotistical, patronizing and self pitying whiners, but please don't personalize that stuff and certainly don't allow it to prevent you from availing yourself of the wealth of knowlege and experience that is here. All the best.

SPetty
09-10-2002, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Guess we'll see you at the U.S. Open and in the CCB tourny.
<hr></blockquote>Plus all those non-registered players, right?

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=34898&amp; page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2

Didn't seem like anyone cared, so I thought I'd bring it up again.

I know I'd care if I was going...

Y'all have fun!

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Feel the love?

Don't go to RSB, they'll rip your heart out.

=TB=

SPetty
09-10-2002, 10:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I like Fran but I thought that post of hers was a bit condescending. <hr></blockquote>I don't think Fran was singling anyone out in particular (just like Q-Guy wasn't singling anyone out in particular), nor did I find it at all condescending. It was an observation about herself that she chose to share.

09-10-2002, 11:03 AM

PQQLK9
09-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Oh heck BW don't go away...I'm rather fond of both of you wolves...but if you must LURK you could register incognito as a different color wolf...you could be Blackwolf (8 ball) or Yellowwolf (9 ball). If the Lone Ranger could disquise himself with an eye mask and Superman could do it with a cape /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif you could pull it off. Seriously its the differences of opinions that I enjoy about this forum...even that Joe Bloe guy /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

rackmup
09-10-2002, 11:16 AM
You've got to be stronger than the "enemy". Do not let the opinions and harsh words of others chase you from something you enjoy.

Look at it as a defeat on the table...sure...today, you may lose the battle but tomorrow, with patience, understanding, knowledge and skill, you will win the war.

If you still choose to leave, may your travels be guarded by angels, may the road rise to meet your feet and pray that the wind is forever at your back. Oh yes...one other thing...may the nine get snapped on the break at least twice per pool-playing day.

Regards,

Ken

John in NH
09-10-2002, 11:19 AM

cheers

Hi Bluewolf,

Looking forward to meeting you and whitewolf at the CCB tournament, sorry that you have decided to take a break from posting, I for one will miss your posts, I think that everyone has something to contribute to this board, there is always something to learn about this great game of ours.

regards,

John

Kato
09-10-2002, 11:23 AM
Sigh...............Hi Susan, long time no talk to. I've learned how to use my digital camera real good and can't wait to send you all the pictures you desire from the Open and the CCB tourny.

As far as the CCB goes. Not enough of us have stepped up. It would be a shame though if an unregistered got in. The only exceptions would have been Chris and Fran, both have been here much longer than me but now they are registered though I'm not sure if they will be there. I'm not one to tell people what to do but I suppose if we decide to only let the registered play (Brady's rule so it's a rule after all) then only the registered will play and the semi-pros will pick on people their own size.

Kato

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> Oh heck BW don't go away...I'm rather fond of both of you wolves...but if you must LURK you could register incognito as a different color wolf...you could be Blackwolf (8 ball) or Yellowwolf (9 ball). If the Lone Ranger could disquise himself with an eye mask and Superman could do it with a cape /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif you could pull it off. Seriously its the differences of opinions that I enjoy about this forum...even that Joe Bloe guy /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

thanks and to others.i think i need to get myself together.when someone as highly respected as fran says what she said and that others have been giving her names,i get all paranoid and start thinking maybe everybody here thinks the same way.

i may talk tough but i am not. i can be assertive but i am typical of a lot of right brained extraverted folks,super sensitive especially to inferences that i am not capable or have nothing of value to offer.

bw

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 12:38 PM
I would like to thank you and all of your personalities for making many worthwhile contributions to the game of pool and the pool industry, some of them of the most noble and unprecedented order. I have the highest hopes and trust that you will continue to break new ground and explore new frontiers in the game we all love.

=TB=

Ross
09-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Bluewolf - I don't care what ANYBODY says, there is nothing wrong with asking questions or giving your opinions, even if you are a beginner. Boards like these are for everyone, not just the more experienced player.

Also, you might want to develop a thicker skin just for the internet. All kinds of insults, putdowns, complaints, and other harangues are hurled around in this media.

Look at it this way - if someone hints that you shouldn't post you have a choice between two reactions - one is to go away hurt. The other is the one I would recommend: Answer any offending post with a carefully thought out and measured response. For example, you may borrow the highly sophisticated one that I find useful for many different situations where someone is slagging me unfairly(see below):

"Bite Me!"

09-10-2002, 12:54 PM

cheers

Laura,

You can't take this board too seriously.

Fact-

80% of these posters are eggheads, morons, and dipwads.They have been insulting me for 4 or 5 years now(a long time anyway) /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Don't take it too personal imo.

All the best in your pool endeavors.BS

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 02:57 PM
too bad you arent registered bs or i would have responded to you pvt. thanks anyway.

bw

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I would like to thank you and all of your personalities for making many worthwhile contributions to the game of pool and the pool industry, some of them of the most noble and unprecedented order. I have the highest hopes and trust that you will continue to break new ground and explore new frontiers in the game we all love.

=TB= <hr></blockquote>

now this is weird. are you being funny or serious? are you saying I am mpd?

bw

09-10-2002, 03:05 PM
Hey blue, I believe Tom was talking about the group as a whole.

bluewolf
09-10-2002, 03:11 PM
thanks.ive seen people on here say others were bipolar or did not take their meds so i thought he was saying i was mulpiple personality disorder.

bw

Vicki
09-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Bluewolf,

Not everyone thinks the same way and not everyone thinks of Fran as "highly respected". I think of you and whitewolf very fondly (especially on account of us being neighbors and all) and I sincerely hope you will not let the elitist few run you out! After all - you are bluewolf - not blacksheep! :-)

I find GREAT value in having you here... please stick around!

Vicki

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2002, 03:37 PM
I second that emotion. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

TomBrooklyn
09-10-2002, 03:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr>now this is weird. are you being funny or serious? are you saying I am mpd?<hr></blockquote>I was serious about acknowledging your contributions.

As far as mpd, I don't know what that is. I just noticed that sometimes you made sequential posts that juxtapose ideas at wide variance to each other, so I thought you had different personalities. I didn't mean that it diminished your contributions in any way; in fact, I think it may have enhanced them. =TB=

NH_Steve
09-10-2002, 08:03 PM
Bluewolf, why quit completely? Sure Fran was a little insensitive, but there was a genuine kernel of good advice there, too. Why don't you look for a bit more middle ground -- focusing on your questions &amp; maybe plugging a little of your experience at the beginner end of the learning curve, but backing off the more advanced opinionating?

Other posters mentioned needing a thick skin for internet BB's, and I definitely would agree with that. I'm a big fan of college hockey &amp; frequently post on USCHO, and those 'guys' are brutal!!

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 04:18 AM
And Bluewolfs responses:
"Yeah, the shut-up and listen way obviously worked for you"
"I would much rather be insulted in person and get physical"
"Frans stupid posts"
"I am right-brained"

"going away dont think I'll be missed"
Jesus Christ-just end it!

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr> Bluewolf, why quit completely? Sure Fran was a little insensitive, but there was a genuine kernel of good advice there, too. Why don't you look for a bit more middle ground -- focusing on your questions &amp; maybe plugging a little of your experience at the beginner end of the learning curve, but backing off the more advanced opinionating?

Other posters mentioned needing a thick skin for internet BB's, and I definitely would agree with that. I'm a big fan of college hockey &amp; frequently post on USCHO, and those 'guys' are brutal!! <hr></blockquote>

i dont think i will totally go away thanks to the people here.i did need to get things in perspective though in the sense of spending more time on the table and less on here. while i am trying to eliminate things from my life that might be giving me hand tremors or worsen them and practicing scott's drills and i have apa tomorrow night so need to spend a lot of time on the table today.

as far as being opinionated about all that advanced stuff,whitewolf and i have spent hours about theoretical aspects of pool and we plan to right a book about lots of stuff.my mind and writing ability and rudimentary understanding,his advanced skills in billiards.

i am very cerebral and have very convoluted thoughts and am very philosophical.in fact ive held myself back from writing more philosophy than i have.

also i am a big girl,if i put out an opinion that experienced players think is wrong,why not correct me on the forum or pvt in a caring way rather than blast me for writing too much and leaving me clueless.

look for specifics.give me specific feedback.only way i can learn.

bw

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr> Bluewolf, why quit completely? Sure Fran was a little insensitive, <hr></blockquote>

insensitive?

how about:

demeaning
degrading
insulting
placating
arrogant
snobbish
better than
fake guru

need i go on?

bw

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;now this is weird. are you being funny or serious? are you saying I am mpd?&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;I was serious about acknowledging your contributions.

As far as mpd, I don't know what that is. I just noticed that sometimes you made sequential posts that juxtapose ideas at wide variance to each other, so I thought you had different personalities. I didn't mean that it diminished your contributions in any way; in fact, I think it may have enhanced them. =TB= <hr></blockquote>

well this is like it is. i post an opinion.if later on someone posts something contrary to my post, i think hmmm that is a thought, a good idea,so yeah my subsequent post appears to be a contrast to the previous one because i listened to the good idea.

thanks for the compliment any way.maybe i should post less but it is d###ed hard for an extravert to be quiet&lt;VBG&gt;

by the way,mpd stands for multiple personality disorder.these people flip back and forth having real people inside and the people often not knowing them.a healthy mpd in one which has met all there inside people and has some meaure of control as to when they come out.nasty disease.

bw

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> And Bluewolfs responses:
"Frans stupid posts"
"I am right-brained"

Jesus Christ-just end it! <hr></blockquote>

all out of contest.sounds like quoting cafeteria style.

bw

nAz
09-11-2002, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> And Bluewolfs responses:
"Frans stupid posts"
"I am right-brained"

Jesus Christ-just end it! <hr></blockquote>

ROTF! slow torture later BW

Vagabond
09-11-2002, 08:51 AM
Howdy,
I read Fran`s post again and again wondering whether I missed some thing.I did not see Fran refering to a particular individual.Good teachers prefer to teach with anecdotes and in third person instead of putting a particular individual on the spot.She never told any body to shut up or not to post here.She,to my mind,did not appear to be insensitive to any particular individual on this board on this matter.Had I sensed that I would have stayed away from fights.It is totally unfair for everybody calling Fran,names

09-11-2002, 09:07 AM

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 09:55 AM
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Bring this thread to your therapist!

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Why do you think you are one of the group-are you paranoid?

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 09:59 AM
Im sure your favorite song is "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, NEVER make a pretty woman your wife!"

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 10:02 AM
CONTEST? You must be having a contest with yourself while your sitting in the cafeteria!

09-11-2002, 10:16 AM

cheesemouse
09-11-2002, 10:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: CarolNYC:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Why do you think you are one of the group-are you paranoid? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Yes, I do feel part of that group. But at least I don't have to come up for air when I breathe. <hr></blockquote>

White/blue wolves,
White W, don't make me regret throwing some support for your wifes apparent snub. Nobody learns a thing the second time a mule kicks them. You and your wife are starting to show signs of emotional backmail. I'm starting to think in this case Fran could have busted you two.

Sid_Vicious
09-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Fran's post was tasteless and "pointed" about everyone here less than certified(IHO) to make an opinion about something. Everyone of y'all out there not seeing the brashness of her message, and the underlying tone toward people she feels is beneath credibility standards for this discussion board, are looking from a friendship nature and not with a logic viewpoint. But you know, this is like history repeating itself all over again. Fran's spewed this kind of ill written, slackly proof read junk before,,there has been very similiar responses fueling a hearty message battle AND all of "Fran's camp" has rallied to ignore the truth, eventually running off someone, many times Fran herself, only thing is that she keeps coming back. I'm ashamed of several people here...Sid Vicious~~~hope I didn't misspell contest or something, but maybe I'm just being paranoid

09-11-2002, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> TORA! TORA! TORA!
Bring this thread to your therapist! <hr></blockquote>

Carol, haven't you figured it out? "We" are the therapists.
When I first read the afformentioned post I did not find any evidence of a single person being singled out. FWIW the comments could have been about me, would I have given a damn? NO. This whole situation was brought on by one's self.
Quite bluntly, B-wolf, you put your own ass on the frying pan when you felt the reason to become defensive.
I am not on anyone's "side". IT does bother me that you have others support you and empathize with you, and then you turn around and use it as justification to flame the ones whom you feel did you wrong.
If this upsets you, I am sorry, I have no animosity towards you or any of the other CCB'rs (except for maybe C.C. and rackmup.... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif j/k) ). I learned along time ago to take the internet with a grain of salt. Now let's stop the crap, stick around and get back to the theme we all love... Pool.

nAz
09-11-2002, 11:35 AM
I feel so bad... Because i find all this bickering entertaning. BW has the right to tell FCrimi and anyone else here to go fornicate themself if they put her down just like i would, only differeance is that i dont care much.
Boy this place is like a real pool hall... ppl think they know it all and everyone BITCHs

bluewolf
09-11-2002, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr>

White/blue wolves,
White W, don't make me regret throwing some support for your wifes apparent snub. Nobody learns a thing the second time a mule kicks them. You and your wife are starting to show signs of emotional backmail. I'm starting to think in this case Fran could have busted you two. <hr></blockquote>

i felt hurt,really hurt.then i got mad and lashed out.gave way to the anger.not sure what you mean by emotional blackmail.dont think i am doing that.

im not talking about this subject anymore.in a way it is not fair to lots of people when something like this happens

bw

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 12:38 PM
Hey there Cheesemouse,
We all know the saying"the dirt comes out in the wash" well, its the rinse cycle now with no Downy-but I am curious to know what the cafeteria contest prize was-the jello or the fruitcup?
LMAO
You stay well!
Carol

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 12:57 PM
I salute you-WELL SAID!
Carol

Vagabond
09-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Howdy Sid,
U always were very relevant,inquisitive,probing,articulate.U were like a Gadfly( socrates,the greek philosopher.Sting and make the people think)u were an excellant contributor to this board.So u do not have to be ``paranoid``.Cheers
Vagabond

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 01:04 PM
NAZ,
IM LMAO-typical NY response"I dont care!"ha ha ha ha ha ha-thats what I say when someone cuts me off and gives me the finger-I laugh cause I dont care!ha ha ha ha-you've made my day-my sides killing me-will hug you when I see you!
Carol-ROFLMAO-feels bad for Naz feeling bad!ha ha ha

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2002, 01:27 PM
That's my Naz, my Carol...it must be a NY thing. After a while, who cares? I just say, fugghedaboutit!

Wendy&lt;---gets roadrage even when I'm not driving /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Vagabond
09-11-2002, 01:28 PM
MASTER PIECE.
Vagabond

nAz
09-11-2002, 01:38 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: CarolNYC:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; NAZ,
IM LMAO-typical NY response"I dont care!"ha ha ha ha ha ha-thats what I say when someone cuts me off and gives me the finger-I laugh cause I dont care!ha ha ha ha-you've made my day-my sides killing me-will hug you when I see you!

Carol-ROFLMAO-feels bad for Naz feeling bad!ha ha ha
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
So you find this funny hahaha
well good im glad some ppl here can c the lighterside of a post??
by the way Naz feels bad abour Carol feeling bad about Naz feelin bad... :O

nOw im off to practice POOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

NH_Steve
09-11-2002, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: NH_Steve:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Bluewolf, why quit completely? Sure Fran was a little insensitive, &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

insensitive?

how about:

demeaning
degrading
insulting
placating
arrogant
snobbish
better than
fake guru

need i go on?

bw <hr></blockquote>Nearly all of those characteristics certainly apply in spades to Patrick, yet you have no problem forgiving -- even defending him.

But my real point was, Why quit? Why not find a littl;e middle ground???

09-11-2002, 02:27 PM
I hate to admit this, and I'm sure Fran will take offense, because, quite frankly, I probably would too, but I don't think she plays to the level she thinks she does. I see some of the stuff she posts here, and I've caught myself biting my tongue (err, my typing fingers?) many times. Many of her posts do take on a condescending tone, and I can't quite figure out why, nor can I figure out why she thinks she's in a position to be condescending in the first place. I don't know her, so it's quite possible that I am totally mistaking what I am reading sometimes, but I don't think I'm the only one who gets this impression when reading some of her posts.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2002, 02:48 PM
Post deleted by 9 Ball Girl

Retardo
09-11-2002, 03:17 PM
She cannot play now.Maybe in the past she played well. But who cares.What gets me is her superior and condescending attitude like everybody says.

She plays the roll of this great teacher but has no students. My friend says Tony Robles gives maybe 10 lessons a week in her room and her one a month. She is looking at herself with rose colored glasses and needs a reality check.

TomBrooklyn
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM
SPetty wrote: I don't think Fran was singling anyone out in particular. It was an observation that she chose to share.

Whitewolf replied: Oh, please.
--------
When I read Fran's post, I didn't know who she was refering to, but I was wondering. I was even wondering if I was included in her reference.

Well bluewolf took the whole thing upon herself and took the heat off of everybody else including me. So I say thanks to bluewolf for taking it off of my mind.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2002, 03:24 PM

nAz
09-11-2002, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> SPetty wrote: I don't think Fran was singling anyone out in particular. It was an observation that she chose to share.

Whitewolf replied: Oh, please.

When I read Fran's post, I didn't know who she was refering to, but I was wondering. I was even wondering if I was included in her reference.

Well bluewolf took the whole thing upon herself and took the heat off of everybody else including me. So I say thanks to bluewolf for taking it off of my mind. <hr></blockquote>

Tom my moneys on you against Fran!

heater451
09-11-2002, 04:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Retardo:</font><hr> . . .like everybody says.<hr></blockquote>I may be weak enough to judge people, from time to time, but I've always done it due to personal experience with them.

====================

09-11-2002, 05:44 PM
Obviously she meant "context".

09-11-2002, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

"A man's got to know his limitations."

<hr></blockquote>

I guess a woman does not? /webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif

TomBrooklyn
09-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Quote: nAz: Tom my moneys on you against Fran! <hr></blockquote> To do what? (LOL) ....I'm always happy to see or talk with Fran, she's a cutie and very sweet. =TB=

Fran Crimi
09-11-2002, 06:19 PM
Post deleted by Fran Crimi

Barbara
09-11-2002, 06:54 PM
Fran,

That top-half finish last weekend was so sweet to see!!

Keep up the good finishes!!

Barbara

09-11-2002, 07:09 PM
Good Excuse

A man bought a new Mercedes to celebrate his wife leaving him and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive.

The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him.

"There's no way they can catch a Mercedes," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.....Then the reality of the situation hit him. "What am I doing?" he thought and pulled over.

The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car.

"It's been a long hard day, this is the end of my shift and it's Friday the 13th. I don't feel like more paperwork, I don't need the frustration or the overtime, so if you can give me a really good excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."

The guy thinks about it for a second and says, "Last week my nagging wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back!"

"Have a nice weekend," said the officer.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2002, 07:19 PM

Voodoo Daddy
09-11-2002, 07:49 PM
First post in a couple days shouldnt be this one, but what the hell. In my short 37 + years I have seen, heard and TALKED {I WILL back mine up} alot of trash talk. I have also seen people who enjoy goofing on others that push the envelope or try to make their mark in life, I know I tried. But here on this CCB, where 85% of the posters couldnt hit the back rail with a 12 gauge find a way to alienate a rather intelegent, somewhat standoff-ish {for obvious reasons} Fran. I dont remember anyone thanking her for knowledge {and I'm sure she would be gracious in recieving same}. The same 85% that have NEVER posted a top finish in anything in life but talking smack. For those that didnt, nor have they point fingers and giggle at failure I commend you. For the other wanna-be suckers that have, I have had all I can stand from a legion of nobodys have nothing better to do than talk smack.

Oh.... As much smack as I have seen talked here, let me talk some. Get a CCB posting partner {Jack-n-Jill style}...I'll shoot partners with the woman most of you scoff at. When the smoke clears..I know who will be the last ones standing...losers commit suicide!!! I'm sickened by the way some of you treat someone that wouldnt hurt anyone for any reason...for those I meet in person I WILL let you know just how much it bothers me. Not that it matters to any of you...heartless people!! Now, you got something to talk about!!!

09-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Fran you keep sending insult after insult to these people.... your attitude lately falls nothing short of making me sick.... again you belittle players who may not have your talent by telling them they are not entitled to opinions because they may be less experienced. Another thing... I have seen you in person a number of times... the photo you display here deceptively looks like a fairly attractive person but I would say the picture on last years poster far more accurately shows what you really look like... before you insult others take a look in the mirror....btw every match i have watched you play in vegas you lost.... so stop telling us all how special you are.

09-11-2002, 09:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> Fran you keep sending insult after insult to these people.... your attitude lately falls nothing short of making me sick.... again you belittle players who may not have your talent by telling them they are not entitled to opinions because they may be less experienced. Another thing... I have seen you in person a number of times... the photo you display here deceptively looks like a fairly attractive person but I would say the picture on last years poster far more accurately shows what you really look like... before you insult others take a look in the mirror....btw every match i have watched you play in vegas you lost.... so stop telling us all how special you are. <hr></blockquote>

stop pulling punches dOwntOwn,tell us how you really feel

Vagabond
09-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Best joke I heard in a long time. Do u think that Down town is `hitting` on Fran? Who knows!!!!cheers
Vagabond

nAz
09-11-2002, 10:24 PM
Fran you hurt me. im stun. what did i ever do to you to deserve this?
i feel so stupid for recomending you over Toni R. to a few beginers i met.
i think you are a fine player from the little i know of you, even if you are ranked somewhere in the low 40s on wpba.
By way you are totally wrong! i can now run 3 ball before i miss! so there! hahaha
by the way 9ball girl is one of the nicest,keenest and HOTTEST gal ever to shoot pool. but PLEASE stoop down to us meer mortal level and post the dirt you have on her /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
i would love to know lol
oh one more thing i never met you so i could careless about your personal life, although i am sorry about your parents, hope that works out for ya.

09-11-2002, 10:34 PM
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/assets/Clown.jpg

Evil Clown is very quick with ajoke, but his jests always have a barb. He has little patience for in-depth discussions and will often disrupt exchanges between serious forum participants by introducing IRRELAVENT TOPICS, fatuous quips, and offhand comments. His greatest thrill is to taunt and humiliate weaker or more plodding warriors with his ripostes. When a strong warrior finally corners him, Evil Clown will attempt to escape by accusing his attacker of having no sense of humor.

nAz
09-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Voodo i guess you are asking me out to play /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
but im not that good like you. thats why i NEVER EVER posted a tread to anyone here on how to make or position a shot.
i have only played for about 2 1/2 years and the last 6 months only 3 cusion billiards, but i was told before i stopped playing that i could easily be a B player in the Tristate tour... go figure Fran has the inside track on me.
2 ball naz! since thats all i can run HAHAHA.
anyways if i was playing for more then 5 years and was only ranked a B player i would kill myself... so wish me luck and give me a couple more years so we could play together... by the way i got a my own WPBA player (ranked in the top 10) who would play with me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Kato
09-11-2002, 11:11 PM
Naz, this isn't directed at you I just needed to hit reply to something.

Where and why did we go from Bluewolf not posting for now to Fran bashing? I don't understand this. Are we trying to see who can pump their chest out further than anybody else? Who's the baddest man or woman on the planet? I personally didn't find Fran's original post offensive and actually thought to myself "hum, betcha about 820 of my posts are useless and don't mean anything". Maybe if I listened to people wiser than me I'd be a better player? Maybe I should shut up?

I'm not going away and I'm not fighting with anybody here. Life is too short. I just think enough is enough. Do you want Fran to go away? George Fels went away, I don't see Bob Jewit posting here. Dan Jones is basically gone. Several others that I enjoy reading as well. I'm sure Fran will leave, she has enough going on right now. Shoot, all she's doing is taking care of her Mom, teaching, trying to earn a living and be a pro pool player. Are we going to get off hurting someone's feelings just because we can? Sorry, no can do.

Bluewolf, do whatever you want. Come.............Go............Lurk..........whate ver. You're a big girl, you make your own decisions.

I'm sick of this crap. In 12 days I'm in 9-ball heaven. This is all petty BS.

Kato~~~I'm tired of this bashing flaming BS. You want some, come and get it.

Voodoo Daddy
09-11-2002, 11:17 PM
I'm not calling anyone specific out Naz...unless you feel guilty about something? For the record, I dont play like a world champion...by no stretch but I will play.

09-11-2002, 11:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> ...... by the way i got a my own WPBA player (ranked in the top 10) who would play with me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

Naz,
Don't forget to come up for air.

nAz
09-11-2002, 11:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> I'm not calling anyone specific out Naz...unless you feel guilty about something? For the record, I dont play like a world champion...by no stretch but I will play. <hr></blockquote>
My bad ... ill play ya for time /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

nAz
09-11-2002, 11:31 PM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: Anonymous:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: nAz:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; ...... by the way i got a my own WPBA player (ranked in the top 10) who would play with me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Naz,
Don't forget to come up for air. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

like i said Baffle em with B.S. lol
Damn anon!! i thought you were leaving and not coming back!!! argghhh!!

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Naz, this isn't directed at you I just needed to hit reply to something.

Where and why did we go from Bluewolf not posting for now to Fran bashing? I don't understand this. Are we trying to see who can pump their chest out further than anybody else? Who's the baddest man or woman on the planet? I personally didn't find Fran's original post offensive and actually thought to myself "hum, betcha about 820 of my posts are useless and don't mean anything". Maybe if I listened to people wiser than me I'd be a better player? Maybe I should shut up?

I'm not going away and I'm not fighting with anybody here. Life is too short. I just think enough is enough. Do you want Fran to go away? George Fels went away, I don't see Bob Jewit posting here. Dan Jones is basically gone. Several others that I enjoy reading as well. I'm sure Fran will leave, she has enough going on right now. Shoot, all she's doing is taking care of her Mom, teaching, trying to earn a living and be a pro pool player. Are we going to get off hurting someone's feelings just because we can? Sorry, no can do.

Bluewolf, do whatever you want. Come.............Go............Lurk..........whate ver. You're a big girl, you make your own decisions.

I'm sick of this crap. In 12 days I'm in 9-ball heaven. This is all petty BS.

Kato~~~I'm tired of this bashing flaming BS. You want some, come and get it. <hr></blockquote>

i am staying. i just got my feelings hurt and i reacted emotionally.when i have read the people who thought fran's original post had possibly applied to them, i realize i reacted a wee paranoid. i was just hurt,that is all.i never in my wildest dreams thought this would turn into a fran bashing session.

i appreciate the support i have gotten but i just have to say this.the hurt from frans post (intentional or not)was small compared to the bashing directed at fran.i do not remember everything about each posts but i did not like fran calling wendy trailer trash either and dont remember what stimulated that comment.

again i appreciate people who wrote and said they liked my comments.i did not know this.but i think this has gotten way too personal.

sorry about your parents fran.i have been there and it took most of my time and energy.

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 07:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> Obviously she meant "context". <hr></blockquote>

if you mean me, yeah context.

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 07:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;In reply to:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;&lt;p&gt;
<hr></blockquote>

LOL.what do you expect from a quote from a cowboy movie? &lt;VBG&gt;

bw

I guess a woman does not? &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

Vagabond
09-12-2002, 07:43 AM
Time has come !!!! BTW,did Howie Pearl stop posting for the same reason? no worries Mate.
Vagabond

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Voodo i guess you are asking me out to play /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif
but im not that good like you. thats why i NEVER EVER posted a tread to anyone here on how to make or position a shot.
i have only played for about 2 1/2 years and the last 6 months only 3 cusion billiards, but i was told before i stopped playing that i could easily be a B player in the Tristate tour... go figure Fran has the inside track on me.
2 ball naz! since thats all i can run HAHAHA.
anyways if i was playing for more then 5 years and was only ranked a B player i would kill myself... so wish me luck and give me a couple more years so we could play together... by the way i got a my own WPBA player (ranked in the top 10) who would play with me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

imho,experienced and beginners are both needed. beginners learn from experienced and beginners remind experienced where they came from.if there were no beginners,it would be just a bunch of pool gurus trying to out guru each other.if it was just beginners, you would have threes telling twos how to play pool and you can well imagine what poor pool fundamentals would be perpetuated.

i disagreed with the idea that inexperience players should basically 'shut up and listen'. people learn different. some learn very well by listening and watching other people.others regardless of skill level may need to get their ideas out on the table for the experienced players to tell them if they are thinking right or wrong.

this is where it all got started and gosh this thread already has 4000.it is like lots of us need to take a good look at ourselves(me included) and ask ourselves what are we most interested in, pool or trash?

bw

Fran Crimi
09-12-2002, 07:55 AM
Let me tell you something Mrs. Bluewolf. Stay, leave, who cares? Do what you want. But if you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, left brain or rear end, and you can bring your hubby along for the ride.

You've been riding me for a long time and don't think I haven't noticed---and in spite of that I have been nothing but polite to you.

So you're feeling better now huh? Good. Stay away from me and my posts.

Fran

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 07:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: nAz:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; ...... by the way i got a my own WPBA player (ranked in the top 10) who would play with me /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Naz,
Don't forget to come up for air. <hr></blockquote>

oh yeah, i guess there is no air inside the 'box'

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Let me tell you something Mrs. Bluewolf. Stay, leave, who cares? Do what you want. But if you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, left brain or rear end, and you can bring your hubby along for the ride.

You've been riding me for a long time and don't think I haven't noticed---and in spite of that I have been nothing but polite to you.

Fran

<hr></blockquote>

dont know what you are talking about, fran.i really dont think you could come back at me hard enough to destroy me,anyway.but seriously, in the end,the flamers look worse than the flamees.that is why my angry posts make me look bad.it is that way for all of us,imo

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 08:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Let me tell you something Mrs. Bluewolf. Stay, leave, who cares? Do what you want. But if you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, left brain or rear end, and you can bring your hubby along for the ride.

Fran

<hr></blockquote>

one more thing.do you stay angry forever and hold grudges or do you get over stuff? just wanted to know since i am in the get over stuff group.

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 08:30 AM
when i realize i am in the wrong,whether totally or partially, i try to admit it. and then i say what i did wrong or how my perceptions were screwed up and then people get madder at me.

i really cant help it.my insides and outsides are pretty much the same.i am emotional and sometimes take things personal and lash out.so i admit it. if the consequences of addmitting to my faults gets people mad at me,then that is just something that goes along with 'saying what you feel'.

but when people do get mad, i am a little hurt,but i cannot blame them becasuse they have been hurt to.and if i have intentionally or unintentionally injured anybody, unfortunately i can not take that back.the damage is done.

all i can do is be true to myself by admitting my faults and try to be better/kinder next time.

on a path but far from perfect

bw

Nostroke
09-12-2002, 08:45 AM
I have to say based on her last post- Fran probably WAS talking about you so i dont think you were all that paranoid to begin with. I didnt see anything out of line from you on this thread which i cant say for some others.

09-12-2002, 09:05 AM

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 09:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: whitewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Fran Crimi:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Let me tell you something Mrs. Bluewolf. Stay, leave, who cares? Do what you want. But if you ever lay your paranioa on me like that again I will come back at you so hard that you won't know whether you're thinking out of your right brain, left brain or rear end, and you can bring your hubby along for the ride.

Fran

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

I must be missing something here, where you say Bluewolf has been riding you for a long time???? Would you please care to explain and/or give examples?

As far as "bringing me along", could that possibly mean that you want to thrash me on the pool table, since anything else would be no contest? I don't have much money, but I would love to play you heads up. Maybe all of the Fran bashers will back me /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif.

Please play in the CCB tournament. It would be nice to meet you and make amends. Enough is enough, like you say. <hr></blockquote>

i dont know if fran was talking about pool cuz there obviously is no contest between her ability and mine.and i dont know what posts she was talking about me riding her.if fran would tell me which ones,at least i could take an honest look at it and see if i have been doing something wrong.

bw

CarolNYC
09-12-2002, 09:23 AM
Let me tell you something Bluewolf,
You were the aggressor-the paranoic-you couldnt end it and fed on the fuel that was burning-you even went as far as to make lists of namecallings,so it was urking you to no end-if you were HURT, then all you had to say was "Im hurt,I wont talk to you no more" But. NOOOOOOOOO,you kept going on and on-that wasnt anger you displayed,it was mean, cruel,evil, getting a kick outta someone elses despair-so give me a break-if you are confronted, you'll either bail out or keep going on and on,( as long as you have people backing you)Get over your anger and learn to deal with it! To me, you have low-self-esteem-so hopefully all who said "we love you, stay" will make you feel better and you can start using BOTH sides of your brain!

CarolNYC
09-12-2002, 09:27 AM
YOO-HOO Wendy,
Shes my bestfriend-how does she know! From me-I'd lay my life on the line for her-after reading my private message to you-you can just sit back and read the ridiculous judgements people make about someone they havent even met! And then you can laugh, like I do!
CArol

CarolNYC
09-12-2002, 09:45 AM
about:

demeaning
degrading
insulting
placating
arrogant
snobbish
better than
fake guru

need i go on?

bw
This isnt lashing out-how dare you make a judgement on someone you dont even know-and you must of though long and hard to come up with this ridiculous list!Im humming the "Twilight Zone" theme!

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Let me tell you something Bluewolf,
You were the aggressor-the paranoic-you couldnt end it and fed on the fuel that was burning-you even went as far as to make lists of namecallings,so it was urking you to no end-if you were HURT, then all you had to say was "Im hurt,I wont talk to you no more" But. NOOOOOOOOO,you kept going on and on-that wasnt anger you displayed,it was mean, cruel,evil, getting a kick outta someone elses despair-so give me a break-if you are confronted, you'll either bail out or keep going on and on,( as long as you have people backing you)Get over your anger and learn to deal with it! To me, you have low-self-esteem-so hopefully all who said "we love you, stay" will make you feel better and you can start using BOTH sides of your brain! <hr></blockquote>

geez i did not know that you were a therapist and psychic on top of that,even to knowing a person's inner motives. sorry but i dont think you would make it on the 900-psychic line

bw

09-12-2002, 10:05 AM
makes me wanna run right out and buy a wpba ticket... pathetic

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 10:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> about:

demeaning
degrading
insulting
placating
arrogant
snobbish
better than
fake guru

need i go on?

bw
This isnt lashing out-how dare you make a judgement on someone you dont even know-and you must of though long and hard to come up with this ridiculous list!Im humming the "Twilight Zone" theme! <hr></blockquote>

you can say what you want about me.you have passion and loyalty to your friends. i may not like you but i will admit to those twoo positive attributes about you

bw

09-12-2002, 10:08 AM
I think we found a fran fan here

09-12-2002, 10:09 AM
maybe not but im pretty sure I talked to her once on dial-a-hoe

09-12-2002, 10:12 AM
I think carol must be getting those sept 11 feelings again... so much hostility

09-12-2002, 10:15 AM
well let me ask you a question then Carol... if Jack helped you off the horse.. would you hep jack-off the horse?

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 10:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> maybe not but im pretty sure I talked to her once on dial-a-hoe <hr></blockquote>

there you go again downtown &lt;VBG&gt;

whatcha doing dialing about 'hoes' when you can buy them at the store.you do mean those things you use in gardening dont you? ROTFLMAO

BW

09-12-2002, 10:18 AM
my vote is trash...im good enoug at pool already... but my trash talk needs some work

09-12-2002, 10:19 AM
ummm ya gardening........... thats it......... lol

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> well let me ask you a question then Carol... if Jack helped you off the horse.. would you hep jack-off the horse?
<hr></blockquote>

IN THE middle of chaos,conflusion,flames,bruised and/or hurt egos, there is .....DOWNTOWN

i have to love you man.you are a hoot!!!

bw

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 10:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: d0wnt0wn:</font><hr> ummm ya gardening........... thats it......... lol
<hr></blockquote>

i got no comeback for that one LOL

bw

Wally_in_Cincy
09-12-2002, 10:37 AM
C'mon Bluewolf 2 more posts and you're in the top 10.

And this thread is now #3 with a bullet.

Oh the anticipation /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

I now know why Q-guy left.

09-12-2002, 10:40 AM
I WEEL KEEL YOU ALL! JIHAD! JIHAD!

09-12-2002, 10:41 AM
yes i know too.... it was to pursue his ambition to be a gay dog sled trainer in alaska

09-12-2002, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Let me tell you something Bluewolf,

<hr></blockquote>

You know you're in deep sh*t when the post starts like that /webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif

nAz
09-12-2002, 10:48 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class=&amp;quot;small&amp;quot;&gt;Quote: d0wnt0wn:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; yes i know too.... it was to pursue his ambition to be a gay dog sled trainer in alaska &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Bahahahahha, oh Shoot! my screen is now coverd with fruit loops! damn you! lol

09-12-2002, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Joe Bloe:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;In reply to:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt;&lt;p&gt;
<hr></blockquote>

I guess a woman does not? &lt;img src="/webbbs/images/icons/wink.gif"&gt; <hr></blockquote>

Women have limitations???!! Damn, I'm glad no one has told them that!

bluewolf
09-12-2002, 12:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> C'mon Bluewolf 2 more posts and you're in the top 10.

I now know why Q-guy left. <hr></blockquote>

i looked at the top ten llist and did not see any bullet. what kind of bullet are you talking about? will it fit into my 40 cal glock?

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bw

Wally_in_Cincy
09-12-2002, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; C'mon Bluewolf 2 more posts and you're in the top 10.

I now know why Q-guy left. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

i looked at the top ten llist and did not see any bullet. what kind of bullet are you talking about? will it fit into my 40 cal glock?

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

bw <hr></blockquote>

No time to explain now. Did you take the dogs to the park yet?

CarolNYC
09-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Downtown,
That was you complaining about the CALLOUSES ON YOUR HANDS-sorry your time was up, but heres bluewolfs extension-1-800-dial-the-slow-ho-and I'll leave singing the song Sandra Bullock sang to Benjamin Bratt in "Miss Congeniality."........I think you love me, you wanna date me........... ha ha ha
Carol~still prays for Downtown!

09-12-2002, 04:43 PM
hey carol did you ever get paid for that study on herpes that the university was doing on you?

bluewolf
09-13-2002, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: CarolNYC:</font><hr> Downtown,
That was you complaining about the CALLOUSES ON YOUR HANDS-sorry your time was up, but heres bluewolfs extension-1-800-dial-the-slow-ho-and I'll leave singing the song Sandra Bullock sang to Benjamin Bratt in "Miss Congeniality."........I think you love me, you wanna date me........... ha ha ha
Carol~still prays for Downtown! <hr></blockquote>

gosh, carol,you could have come up with a better song like "Louie,Louie...". Gosh if I am to be called a hoe, please at least give me an interesting song to play &lt;VBG&gt;

bw

TomBrooklyn
09-13-2002, 05:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bluewolf:</font><hr> gosh, carol,you could have come up with a better song like "Louie,Louie...". <hr></blockquote>Now your talking my language. Try http://www.huskyfan.com/sounds/sounds1.html and click on the fifth speaker down.

bluewolf
09-13-2002, 10:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: bluewolf:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; gosh, carol,you could have come up with a better song like "Louie,Louie...". &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Now your talking my language. Try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.huskyfan.com/sounds/sounds1.html>http://www.huskyfan.com/sounds/sounds1.html</a> and click on the fifth speaker down.
<hr></blockquote>

i like it i like it. for you youngsters, louie louie was written in the 60s,banned for explicit sexual content,banned raised later,dont remember when

bw

TomBrooklyn
09-13-2002, 11:12 AM
To be a little more accurate, bluewolf, Louie-Louie was written by Richard Berry in 1956, 57, or 58 depending on who you talk to. I think it was '57. The song didn't become extremely popular, however, until the Kingsmen recorded their version of it in 1963.

The way they sang it, the lyrics were unintelligable. To many, the verses sounded like any number of sexually explicit phrases, and there was much debate as to what they were singing with little agreement. It caused such a furor that the FBI and FCC actually conducted investigations into it.

Since that time, it has been recorded by hundreds of other bands.

Voodoo Daddy
09-13-2002, 09:27 PM
"Louie-Louie" was in fact written by Richard Berry in Feb. 1957 and it was performed by many blues artist in the Juke joints of Chicago, on the Delta and in the Dirty South until the Kingsmen got lucky with it. Much like the "Lemon Song", written/performed by Robert Johnson between the mid-20's and the late 30's. It wasnt until Led Zepplin made it famous during their peak of popularity.

TomBrooklyn
09-13-2002, 10:47 PM
It just so happens that only this week I got a tape of about 20 versions of Louie-Louie, courtesy of a nice chap named Andy Martello <a target="_blank" href=http://www.andymartello.com>www.andymartello.com</a> , a comic juggler, plate spinner, and a long time Louie-Louie aficionado from Illinois.

Perhaps coincidentally, it was either Illinois or Indiana that banned Louie-Louie from the airwaves for a while J. Edgar Hoover was listening to the song over and over with a pair of headphones.

By the way, I know the real lyrics to the song. lol.

TomBrooklyn
09-14-2002, 12:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> You've got to be stronger than the "enemy". Do not let the opinions and harsh words of others chase you from something you enjoy.

Look at it as a defeat on the table...sure...today, you may lose the battle but tomorrow, with patience, understanding, knowledge and skill, you will win the war.<hr></blockquote>Hey bluewolf, this advice is coming from an expert. Of course, Ken didn't mention was that his skin is thicker than that of an elephant. lol. =TB=

bluewolf
09-14-2002, 07:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> To be a little more accurate, bluewolf, Louie-Louie was written by Richard Berry in 1956, 57, or 58 depending on who you talk to. I think it was '57. The song didn't become extremely popular, however, until the Kingsmen recorded their version of it in 1963.

The way they sang it, the lyrics were unintelligable. To many, the verses sounded like any number of sexually explicit phrases, and there was much debate as to what they were singing with little agreement. It caused such a furor that the FBI and FCC actually conducted investigations into it.

Since that time, it has been recorded by hundreds of other bands.
<hr></blockquote>

do you remember where the kingsmen were from? there was a band in my home town that was singing it. do you have an actually copy of the lyrics?

bw

bluewolf
09-14-2002, 07:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> It just so happens that only this week I got a tape of about 20 versions of Louie-Louie, courtesy of a nice chap named Andy Martello <a target="_blank" href=http://www.andymartello.com>www.andymartello.com</a> , a comic juggler, plate spinner, and a long time Louie-Louie aficionado from Illinois.

Perhaps coincidentally, it was either Illinois or Indiana that banned Louie-Louie from the airwaves for a while J. Edgar Hoover was listening to the song over and over with a pair of headphones.

By the way, I know the real lyrics to the song. lol. <hr></blockquote>

eagerly awaiting the unfoldment.if it is too xrated to put on the fourm, please post the lyrics pvt.of the ones i do know (whether the real one or not)I can only remember a few lines.

bw

TomBrooklyn
09-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Quote: bluewolf: if it is too xrated to put on the fourm, please post the lyrics pvt.of the ones i do know (whether the real one or not)I can only remember a few lines.<hr></blockquote>I found this Louie-Louie webpage last night. It has some of the lyrical interpretations and a lot of other Louie-Louie facts. Enjoy.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tdg/louie1.html

I'm going to convert some of my Louie-Louie songs on tape to .mp3. I'll send some to you after I do that if you like.

=Tom=

10-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Why are you back?I think you should read some what these people said to you back then,have you forgoten.you really want them as friends.

10-25-2002, 11:42 AM
Conversion from the infidel faith at sword point...how very sad, but predictable:-) BW is so emotionally needy she would have done anything. She took out both knee pads this time and didn't spare any spittle. Looks like they will be mailing her the Inner Circle membership card anytime now. LOL............

10-25-2002, 01:09 PM
You shouldn't kick a wolf when she's down. She has been behaving much better lately.

dont be a http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/edoom/flamethrowingsmiley.gif

10-25-2002, 01:38 PM
I can't speak for the original poster, but I read it as a satire against the "Powers That Be", the "Inner Circle", or the "Board PC Police", or those "16 AOL Users with no life who hijacked our Board".

And I wholeheartedly concur.

Respectfully,

Another Upset Anonymous Lurker

10-25-2002, 03:57 PM
jeez, one wonders what the Whitewolf's take on his wife's conversion to the state-sponsored religion would be?

bluewolf
10-26-2002, 04:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> jeez, one wonders what the Whitewolf's take on his wife's conversion to the state-sponsored religion would be? <hr></blockquote>

LOL. ww and I have a sound marriage (both loving pool definately helps) but he is way more conservative than I am. we dont vote the same, think the same on many social issues and as for beliefs, well they arent the same either.

for a marriage to work, though, it is all about acceptance of the other person and committment.

bw

10-26-2002, 07:22 AM
Why do you answer such an absurd post? You just brought the thread back to the top, perpetuating it. Or was that your intent?

TomBrooklyn
10-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Who are you?
Is it commonly your habit to enter a conversation without introducing yourself? And to do so while make a critical comment and questions someones motives to boot?
Suggest you learn some common basic manners.
=TB=

11-05-2002, 08:27 PM

cheers

welcome back, bluewolf.

11-05-2002, 10:58 PM
I haven't gone away completelyl, Kato, but at the risk of sounding holier-than-thou, all this character assassination stuff is really enough to make somebody puke. There are few things I'd rather do than talk about pool, when a subject comes up where I think I have something worth saying. But Fran is one of my best friends in the business, and all this venom is really tough to take. I look forward to getting back with you, Chris, Rod, and all the other true cue-games lovers. But we have to get rid of these people who don't even have the cojones to sign what they write. GF