PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher to Ellison, The Koran is a hate filled

Sev
03-12-2011, 03:32 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/bill-mahar-to-rep-ellison-koran-is-a-hate-filled-holy-book/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSIMFddMFkU
<span style="color: #000066">
The emotion shown by Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) at Rep. Peter King’s (R-NY) Muslim radicalization hearings garnered much attention, and we have a feeling Ellison’s appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher tonight will get its share of play as well. Maher and Ellison had an interesting conversation about Islam (Ellison converted in college) – but perhaps most interesting were the harsh words Maher had for the radical element of Islam…an opinion he had no problem sharing to Ellison’s face (or the screen it was on, anyway).

Maher went off on radical Islam, deeming “the threat, potentially, from radicalized Muslims…a unique and greater threat” – one, he said, that’s in its “medieval era.” In addition, he cited “trying to get nuclear weapons” and a “culture of suicide bombing.”

But that paled next to Maher’s criticism of the Qur’an, which he called a “hate-filled holy book…which is taken very literally” by radical Islamic terrorists.

</span>

Soflasnapper
03-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Why do I guess this is the first time you've linked approvingly (I'm assuming) to Bill Maher?

Back in the true medieval period, when you'd expect the fundamentalism of Islam was at its peak, Jews were expelled from every nation in Christendom at one time or another, and found tranquil lives where they could openly practice Judaism without fear of death in... all the Moslem countries of the day.

Check out 'the Golden Age of the Jews,' when Moslems held Alhambra.

Sev
03-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Now what would ever lead you to that conclusion??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And now the Jews live in the Christendom in relative peace while the faithful of Islam seek their extermination.

pooltchr
03-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, right!
Isreal has nothing to fear from it's islamic neighbors!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-12-2011, 05:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now what would ever lead you to that conclusion??? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

And now the Jews live in the Christendom in relative peace while the faithful of Islam seek their extermination.

</div></div>

The Wahhabist cult may be seeking their extermination, but Islam itself doesn't teach it. After Saladin the Great conquered Jerusalem, he invited the Jews back to live in peace there, proving that the Koran does not call for Moslems to kill Jews.

In the meantime, we were the ones who armed and promoted the Wahhabists in foreign countries, and supplied their madrasses with 'hate-the-Jew, hate-the-Christian' textbooks, for our own geopolitical reasons. Having trained and unleashed these wild dogs ourselves, they turned on us, and it is a considerable problem now of our own making.

Sev
03-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Religion can be an ugly business. Always has been.

Soflasnapper
03-12-2011, 05:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, right!

Steve </div></div>

Those land disputes and wars over the land are unique to Israel's situation and history of aggression, not some Moslem v Jew issue on a religious basis.

Except as I say, for the Wahhabist cult which is a small part of the ARAB Muslims (and no part of, say, the Indonesian Muslims). I believe most Muslims are non-Arabs.

LWW
03-13-2011, 04:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do I guess this is the first time you've linked approvingly (I'm assuming) to Bill Maher?

Back in the true medieval period, when you'd expect the fundamentalism of Islam was at its peak, Jews were expelled from every nation in Christendom at one time or another, and found tranquil lives where they could openly practice Judaism without fear of death in... all the Moslem countries of the day.

Check out 'the Golden Age of the Jews,' when Moslems held Alhambra. </div></div>

You don't seriously believe this ... do you?

Their are only three sources for this myth:

1 - Jewish historian Heinrich Graetz, who created this myth as a slap at Christian Europe.

2 - Muslims which use it as a weapon, even while practicing the most intolerant faith on Earth.

3 - Muslim apologists who believe the myth because the myth was put on the spoon for them.

In reality, Jews were treated pretty much equally bad in Europe during this era, and Jews were absolutely treated as dhimmis and forced to pay the jizya in Arab lands at the time.

LWW
03-13-2011, 04:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, right!

Steve </div></div>

Those land disputes and wars over the land are unique to Israel's situation and history of aggression, not some Moslem v Jew issue on a religious basis.

Except as I say, for the Wahhabist cult which is a small part of the ARAB Muslims (and no part of, say, the Indonesian Muslims). I believe most Muslims are non-Arabs. </div></div>

You mean like when the Israelis took Muslim lands as they swept across the mideast? Oh, wait, that was the Muslims that did that.

Or when the Israelis swept across Africa and India, forcing conversion by the sword? Oh, darn, that was the Muslims also.

Maybe you meant when the Israelis sneak attacked the Muslims in 1948, and again in 1956, and again in 1967, and again in 1973, and again in 1982, and ... no, oopsy, that was the Muslims attacking Israel.

Maybe you meant when the Israelis invaded the Byzantine Empire setting the crusades ... nope, Muslims again.

Or, perhaps, when the Israelis swept up through Spain and into modern day France and ... dang, that was also the Muslims.

OK.

I give up.

WTH are you talking about?

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do I guess this is the first time you've linked approvingly (I'm assuming) to Bill Maher?

Check out 'the Golden Age of the Jews,' when Moslems held Alhambra. </div></div>

You don't seriously believe this ... do you?

Their are only three sources for this myth:

1 - Jewish historian Heinrich Graetz, who created this myth as a slap at Christian Europe.

2 - Muslims which use it as a weapon, even while practicing the most intolerant faith on Earth.

3 - Muslim apologists who believe the myth because the myth was put on the spoon for them.

In reality, Jews were treated pretty much equally bad in Europe during this era, and Jews were absolutely treated as dhimmis and forced to pay the jizya in Arab lands at the time.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [Eminent Princeton historian Mark Cohen] arrived at Princeton in 1973 as one of the few scholars in the world focusing on the history of Jews living in Arab lands in the Middle Ages.

Cohen's 1994 book, "Under Crescent and Cross: The Jews in the Middle Ages," broke ground by dispelling myths about the historical relationships between Jews, Muslims and Christians. The first in-depth study of its kind, the book meticulously compared how Jews fared when living in predominantly Muslim countries and predominantly Christian countries in the Middle Ages. Cohen tried to explain in new ways why Jews were treated oppressively in Northern Europe and ultimately expelled, whereas they fared much better in the lands of Islam.

André Aciman, a professor of comparative literature at the City University of New York who has written a memoir of his own life growing up in Egypt, wrote of the book, "Cohen's is a polemical text in the best sense of the word; it tries to open debate, not stifle it, and asks questions where they are traditionally shouted away." Aciman called the book "a reassuringly balanced and judicious assessment of Jewish life in the Middle Ages."

Cohen strove to be excruciatingly evenhanded in the book, he said. "I do not condemn, and I do not take sides. I talk about persecutions in the Islamic world as well as in the Christian world, and I do not cover up anything. The book was written against a stream of literature claiming that Islam was a persecutory religion, that it had treated Jews miserably and was in its origins anti-Semitic," he said.

[...]

Increased interest in the Islamic world since the terrorist attacks has meant more newspaper articles and blogs about Islam, with some writers promulgating the notion that anti-Semitism is rooted in core Islamic beliefs. As he saw this idea repeated in the media, Cohen felt he had to act.

"I decided that as an authority, if I didn't speak out more publicly, my silence would be deafening," he said.

His article "The New Muslim Anti-Semitism," which stated that Muslim anti-Semitism was a recent development, not a foundation of Islam, was published in the Jerusalem Post in January 2008. Pieces in The Washington Post, The Huffington Post and The Jewish Daily Forward followed, with several focusing on the controversy over the proposed Islamic center near Ground Zero in lower Manhattan.

"I saw the blatant abuse of history in the service of political ideologies on both sides of the fence," Cohen said. "There are readers out there who don't know much, and they're being exposed to points of view without solid historical basis. They hear that Islam is the new devil, and they believe what they hear. People are inclined to believe the worst about Islam. I just hope I can bring a little bit of balance to the discussion."</div></div>

From this longer piece (http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S29/67/50S83/)

wolfdancer
03-14-2011, 08:14 PM
since you can't keep up, I suggest that you excuse yourself from the thread.

LWW
03-15-2011, 03:52 AM
WOW!

Just WOW!

You really will believe anything that excuses radical Islam won't you.

Why did you leave this part of his description of Egyptian records he used:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's extremely important because it shows Jews living in a Muslim society as second-class subjects</div></div>

and that's from your link.

Qtec
03-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Why did you leave out the last part of the sentence?

It should read,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's extremely important because it shows Jews living in a Muslim society as second-class subjects <span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>but nonetheless interacting more or less easily with Muslim neighbors, <u>not only in economic endeavors but in social settings.</u></u>"</div></div> </span>

Q

Sev
03-15-2011, 06:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you leave out the last part of the sentence?

It should read,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's extremely important because it shows Jews living in a Muslim society as second-class subjects <span style='font-size: 14pt'><u>but nonetheless interacting more or less easily with Muslim neighbors, <u>not only in economic endeavors but in social settings.</u></u>"</div></div> </span>

Q </div></div>

Soooo they are like what the left likes to consider blacks in America?? Is that what your saying???

Qtec
03-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Not the Left, the Right.

Q

Sev
03-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Your they guys that put them into economic servitude through social welfare programs that have turned individuals of great potential into nothing more than drains on society.

Soflasnapper
03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW!

Just WOW!

You really will believe anything that excuses radical Islam won't you.

Why did you leave this part of his description of Egyptian records he used:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's extremely important because it shows Jews living in a Muslim society as second-class subjects</div></div>

and that's from your link.
</div></div>

If there are ever two different things, you never seem to get the relationship. Strange.

Yes, they <u>lived</u> there (freely) as second-class subjects. THAT IS THE POINT.

They were not killed, or treated violently, because Islam wants to violently (or peacefully, either, I guess!) exterminate Jews (as some now think, and as this professor is speaking out to correct the record).

They were not second-class subjects when it came to practicing their religion, or being openly Jewish. They were second-class subjects because they had to pay a tax, and had some other restrictions. But they were not even persecuted as Jews, let alone marked for death or religious conversion.

So the idea that Islam is inherently hateful, let alone homicidal, toward Jews is wrong, by all these historical examples.

LWW
03-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Sadly, it doesn't say what you claim.

If your claim is that they also lived as second class citizens in Europe, I concur however.