PDA

View Full Version : The Quran vs The Bible

Gayle in MD
03-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Quran

1. The sacred writings of Islam as revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad, during his life at Mecca and Medina

Just thought I would give the definition of the Quran.

So, the question is:

Does anyone here think that the Bible does not include hateful sections, that are offensive to anyone to would call themselves peaceful, forgiving and loving?

I have studied many religions, over the course of my life. Other than the philosophy of Buddhism, I have yet to discover any religious doctrine, or Holy Book, which does not include teachings which I personally find offensive, radical, hateful, despicable, misogynistic statements about women, sexist statements about homosexuals, and justification for killing the supposed enemy, which usually means anyone who is of a different point of view, either about life, or about God. What I have never understood about religious believers, is why, if their religion brings them so much comfort, are they so involved in bashing everyone else's beliefs???? What's the purpose, of destroying some other religion, which is really no more loving or peaceful than ones own?

We all know about all of the wars fought over differences in religious beliefs. How many were really about money and power?

It all seems to pitifully pointless, to me. One would think if one is secure in their belief, they wouldn't find it necessary to try to force it down the throasts of others?
Does this sort of thing, really bring more peace, or love, into the world???

I don't think so.

Both the Bible, and the Quran, include justifiable violence, and killing. Who's to say which causes the most murders??? The most incest? The most wars?

G.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 10:19 AM
This has been brought up many times before here.Can't you come up with some fresh material?You truely post just for counts.You will soon be put to #3 on the ladder.

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 11:08 AM
You seem to equate post count as an achievement, and think it an honor to be listed on the top posters list. Well, not to fret, my man...your idol will not let anybody overtake him for the top spot.
I'm predicting he will hit the 15k mark, later on this month
I think it just shows that some of us have way too much time on our hands and I can't wait for you to move up ahead of me.
It was interesting for a long time....discuss/argue various topics with folks from different walks of life, and with different perspectives on "things"
It has now become something completely different.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
WE now have a great leader here in LWW.The trouble maker has been dethroned.Wolf will be moved out soon.H got busted BIG TIME!
The liars are going down.
THE PRETENDERS,LIARS and FRAUDS Are being outed.BYE,BYE.LOL

STOLEN VALOR ACT

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
I didn't know that we had, nor needed a leader here. I thought this was a discussion board where every voice was equal, and could be heard. He might be a great man to you, an inspiration, and spiritual guide for you, and with that in mind, I won't ridicule your post, but suffice to close with:
Not everybody here is so enamored with the poison pen posts of
his.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 11:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't know that we had, nor needed a leader here. I thought this was a discussion board where every voice was equal, and could be heard. He might be a great man to you, an inspiration, and spiritual guide for you, and with that in mind, I won't ridicule your post, but suffice to close with:
Not everybody here is so enamored with the poison pen posts of
his. </div></div>
Well,see YOU learned something.NOW there is a GREAT leader.
QUALITY

STOLEN VALOR ACT

Soflasnapper
03-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I have also studied many religions during my life, and I was just thinking yesterday exactly what you mention-- that perhaps Buddhism is the only religion where there is no hate-filled order from the deity to slay everyone else.

However, to be fair, I really am not familiar enough with some of the other smaller in number or more exotic religions to speak to their foundational books' contents.

So Taoism, Confucianism, Jainism, Sufism, etc., all may be the same as Buddhism in terms of peace and harmony teachings. (Just checking on one, Jainism, indicates it is a pacifist non-violent teaching, for example).

But the BIBLE? Genocidal teachings. And I admit that as a Christian, since there can be no dispute of the fact.

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 11:39 AM
all I learned is that he has a certain charismatic appeal to you; and not to others

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Severe lack of COMPREHENSION.

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 11:45 AM
please, bring the discussion back to the Quran Vs the Bible.....we may both learn something...thanks!

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
STOLEN VALOR ACT

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 11:59 AM
can you point out the book, chapter and verse, that is mentioned in? If not, then please remove yourself from the conversation

LWW
03-13-2011, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been brought up many times before here.Can't you come up with some fresh material?You truely post just for counts.You will soon be put to #3 on the ladder. </div></div>

She does seem obsessed with the post count ... and with me!

LWW
03-13-2011, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have also studied many religions during my life, and I was just thinking yesterday exactly what you mention-- that perhaps Buddhism is the only religion where there is no hate-filled order from the deity to slay everyone else.

However, to be fair, I really am not familiar enough with some of the other smaller in number or more exotic religions to speak to their foundational books' contents.

So Taoism, Confucianism, Jainism, Sufism, etc., all may be the same as Buddhism in terms of peace and harmony teachings. (Just checking on one, Jainism, indicates it is a pacifist non-violent teaching, for example).

But the BIBLE? Genocidal teachings. And I admit that as a Christian, since there can be no dispute of the fact.
</div></div>

Really?

Can you cite where the Christ taught genocide?

What's that?

He didn't?

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This has been brought up many times before here.Can't you come up with some fresh material?You truely post just for counts.You will soon be put to #3 on the ladder. </div></div>

She does seem obsessed with the post count ... and with me! </div></div>So does wolfie.Wait till he gets pushed out.The howling begins.

LWW
03-13-2011, 02:01 PM
As is the West Virginian.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As is the West Virginian. </div></div>So i've noticed.

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Gee, this thread looked like a JohnnyD/JackD private conversation.
That would be myself "talking" using the printed word to express my ideas, and he repeating his one cognitive thought...Jesus saves, (Moses invests)
Nice thing about that annoying shout box....the ignore feature.
I have no idea what our two e-rude-ite scholars are talking about since hi-jacking that app from the rest of us....but on the positive side...that saves the npr from such "chatter"

cushioncrawler
03-13-2011, 04:47 PM
If it duznt beleev in and follow a god or gods then it aint a religion.
And of course there aint any gods or god. Certainly there aint any Allah or God.
The world iz full of superstitious prix.
But i notice that the number of superstitious prix who eat whale and dolphin haz dropped recently.
mac.

hondo
03-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Please cite any passages in the Bible that instruct Christians to murder non-Christians.
Please note that I am not saying Jews murdering gentiles.

hondo
03-13-2011, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You seem to equate post count as an achievement, and think it an honor to be listed on the top posters list. Well, not to fret, my man...your idol will not let anybody overtake him for the top spot.
I think it just shows that some of us have way too much time on our hands and I can't wait for you to move up ahead of me.
It was interesting for a long time....discuss/argue various topics with folks from different walks of life, and with different perspectives on "things"
</div></div>

Other than cyber stalking me, the weasel adds nothing to this forum. He has nothing to offer other than hate and if we had
an honest moderator he should be removed.

hondo
03-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Please do not try to reason with the weasel. Ignore him. Please.

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:01 PM
In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.
There is no equivalent to that in the NT.
Jesus says turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor as thyself, don't let the sun set on your anger, he without sin to cast the first stone.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it duznt beleev in and follow a god or gods then it aint a religion.
And of course there aint any gods or god. Certainly there aint any Allah or God.
But i notice that the number of superstitious prix who eat whale and dolphin haz dropped recently.
mac. </div></div> That's wat i'm talkin bout.Excellent post,MAC.

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please, bring the discussion back to the Quran Vs the Bible.....we may both learn something...thanks! </div></div>

He haS NO THOUGHTS. jUST HATE FOR ME AND YOU AND GAYLE.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.
Jesus says turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor as thyself, don't let the sun set on your anger, he without sin to cast the first stone. </div></div>\
Jesus says do not lie.When you do lie confess that you have lied.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">please, bring the discussion back to the Quran Vs the Bible.....we may both learn something...thanks! </div></div>

He haS NO THOUGHTS. jUST HATE FOR ME AND YOU AND GAYLE. </div></div>
NO HATE h,just exposing "YOU". BUSTED.BUSTED.BUSTED.

STOLEN VALOR ACT-Pretendors,Liars,Frauds.

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it duznt beleev in and follow a god or gods then it aint a religion.
mac. </div></div> That's wat i'm talkin bout.Excellent post,MAC. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

WOW! Our "Christian" just agreed with CC that there is no God.
Why am I not surprised?

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
I'm trying to ignore him....although he doesn't usually post with "malice aforethought" as a few others here do.
He is an enigma,... "He's a walkin' contradiction,partly true and partly fiction"

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.
Jesus says turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor as thyself, don't let the sun set on your anger, he without sin to cast the first stone. </div></div>\
Jesus says do not lie.When you do lie confess that you have lied. </div></div>

Sorry. I will never renounce Jesus.
Get behind thee, Satan!

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You seem to equate post count as an achievement, and think it an honor to be listed on the top posters list. Well, not to fret, my man...your idol will not let anybody overtake him for the top spot.
</div></div>

Other than cyber stalking me, the weasel adds nothing to this forum. He has nothing to offer other than hate and if we had
an honest moderator he should be removed. </div></div>
The truth will set you free.You do not like to embrace the truth.
CALM DOWN.

BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please do not try to reason with the weasel. Ignore him. Please. </div></div>
PLEASE tell the truth and the whole truth.
BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.

Get behind thee, Satan! </div></div>
Caught you in a huge lie.BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.

Get behind thee, Satan! </div></div>

WHY DID YOU LIE?

BUSTED BUSTED BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM
I found it interesting that he agreed with CC that there is no God, and when I quoted Jesus he called me a liar.
He appears to be Satan's spawn.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found it interesting that he agreed with CC that there is no God, and when I quoted Jesus he called me a liar.
He appears to be Satan's spawn. </div></div>

YOU know that is a lie.YOU know what YOU lied about.
BUSTED

BUSTED

I'm exposing you for the phoney that YOU are.

STOLEN VALOR ACT

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 05:21 PM
too bad he doesn't pay attention to that old warning:
Do not attempt to speak(post) until brain is engaged
He warps the God concept, and his posts are blasphemous.
I'm not a church goer, although raised as an R.C. I would never mock anybodies religious beliefs, nor their God concept.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found it interesting that he agreed with CC that there is no God, and when I quoted Jesus he called me a liar.
He appears to be Satan's spawn. </div></div>

BUSTED

hondo
03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad he doesn't pay attention to that old warning:
Do not attempt to speak(post) until brain is engaged </div></div>

My guess is that he's sloppy ass drunk.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad he doesn't pay attention to that old warning:

My guess is that he's sloppy ass drunk. </div></div>
YUP.But YOU got busted for LYING.you lied and got busted.

BUSTED AND EXPOSED.
YOU have only one sock puppet speaking for you.People see you for the phoney that you are.

STOLEN VALOR ACT-Pretendor,Liar,Fraud.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 05:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too bad he doesn't pay attention to that old warning:

My guess is that he's sloppy ass drunk. </div></div>

WHY DID YOU LIE? YOU GOT BUSTED

LWW
03-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Now now JohnnyD ... perhaps he tangled with Charlie Callas?

LWW
03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
And if he did mean the Viet Cong ... wouldn't that be a racial slur?

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 06:07 PM
JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo
You would need the equivalent of the "orange crush"

hondo
03-13-2011, 06:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo
You would need the equivalent of the "orange crush" </div></div>

The weasel believes quantity makes up for quality.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo
You would need the equivalent of the "orange crush" </div></div>

The weasel believes quantity makes up for quality. </div></div>
I believe in the truth.Let's Face it you got caught in a lie and can't get out of it now.PHONEY.

BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 06:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo
You would need the equivalent of the "orange crush" </div></div> That's right he got BUSTED.You lie like him so you can understand why he is so upset on getting BUSTED.

STOLEN VALOR ACT

Qtec
03-13-2011, 09:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo
You would need the equivalent of the "orange crush" </div></div> That's right he got BUSTED.You lie like him so you can understand why he is so upset on getting BUSTED.

STOLEN VALOR ACT </div></div>

Jesus still loves you.

Q

wolfdancer
03-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I went busted a few times in Las Vegas, in my wilder days. Once had to sell a pint of my blood for $$, until some funds arrived from home. Turned out that type A positive is pretty generic and doesn't command the big bucks like some of the more exotic brands.
They didn't even want to pay me at the Sperm bank, although I assured them, there were some Rhodes Scholars, Nobel Laureates, and might even be a President in there......

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo

Jesus still loves you.

Q </div></div>Thank you and you too Q.He has had it with h's lying and being a phoney.STOLEN VALOR ACT.

JohnnyD
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went busted a few times in Las Vegas, in my wilder days. Once had to sell a pint of my blood for $$, until some funds arrived from home. Turned out that type A positive is pretty generic and doesn't command the big bucks like some of the more exotic brands.
They didn't even want to pay me at the Sperm bank, although I assured them, there were some Rhodes Scholars, Nobel Laureates, and might even be a President in there...... </div></div>
THEY knew a liar when they seen one.

sack316
03-14-2011, 12:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have studied many religions, over the course of my life. Other than the philosophy of Buddhism, I have yet to discover any religious doctrine, or Holy Book, which does not include teachings which I personally find offensive, radical, hateful, despicable, misogynistic statements about women, sexist statements about homosexuals, and justification for killing the supposed enemy, which usually means anyone who is of a different point of view, either about life, or about God.
</div></div>

Even Buddhism falls into these categories my friend, unfortunately. From "The Tale of King Udayana of Valsa":
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women can be the cause of great suffering.
If desire is destroyed, there will be everlasting happiness.
The dead snake and dog are detestable,
But women are even more detestable than they are. </div></div>

In general, the female form in Buddhism is associated with evil and sinful temptation. While the belief system itself does allow for a woman to reach spiritual realization, but she must mentally become as a man.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The female's defects - greed, hate, and delusion and other defilements - are greater than the male's ... You (women) should have such an intention ...Because I wish to be freed from the impurities of the woman's body, I will acquire the beautiful and fresh body of a man."
--Buddha </div></div>

Research any major religion and we'll find such misogyny. But the thing is, religion (more aptly, spiritual belief) is an alive and evolving thing. The question then becomes are quotes from religious scripture misogynistic because that is the belief or ideal behind it? Or are such statements a product of their time and place in culture when it was written?

An example may be Vietnam, which is generally ranked as the top 1 or 2 most atheistic/non believer populated country in the world (roughly 81%). How are their human and women's rights there? Now the flipside of this would be Sweden, who also has a high non-believer population but is indeed very progressive on human rights. Yet even there this has only been a project of the last few decades.

Point being, we could find ancient writings, and even writings now less than a century old... and we'll find the same misogynistic overtones within them... be they of a religious nature or not. We also must take into account who was doing the writing and for what audience (in any form of literature).

All that said, and I do agree there are many misogynistic characteristics of the bible... we also see a rarity (especially for the time frame) of women being the heroes... Rahab, Deborah, Jael, Ruth, Hannah, Abigail, Esther, Mary, Priscilla, and several others. For the time of its writing, this is a pretty progressive thing to include.

Sack

LWW
03-14-2011, 03:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo

Maybe he had to tangle with Charley Rangle?

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 03:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JD, I think you are over-matched, in trying to put down Hondo

Maybe he had to tangle with Charley Rangle? </div></div>
LOL.YOU are sooooo funny.To think that he "supposedly" was a teacher.I pity the poor kids that had him.I'll bet they are still celebrating his retirement.The way he talks about porn i hope those children are ok.The way he lied about being in VN.He was busted.
BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

LWW
03-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Maybe it was Charley Lindbergh?

hondo
03-14-2011, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if he did mean the Viet Cong ... wouldn't that be a racial slur? </div></div>

This must be why you are banned on AZ. We have a good thread here yet you choose to encourage the weasel rather than contribute to the thread.
You fool no one with your games.

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 06:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have also studied many religions during my life, and I was just thinking yesterday exactly what you mention-- that perhaps Buddhism is the only religion where there is no hate-filled order from the deity to slay everyone else.

</div></div>

Genocide, and also misogynistic? Racist?

I find it amusing when I hear others, especially people like Republican, Peter King, raging over things written in the Quran, while his own Christian Bible, is full of much the same sort of inhumane beliefs and teachings. Even when one studies the Gospel of Jesus, there is a vast difference between what He said, and the sort of hate and anger included in the Bible.

I once heard a very well educated, and well know Muslim, speak to this very issue, and he pointed out that radical beliefs, in both the Christian Bible, AND in the Quron, and other religious books of philosophy, go through a period of taming, if you will, by the followers, obviously, meaning those who do not subscribe literally, or are not fundamentalists.

To me, any and every Fundamentalist follower of either the Quran, or the Bible, is an equal threat to peace, love and forgiveness.

I wonder why King isn't inculding in his investigation into Mosques, a similar investigation of the radical Christian elements, here in our country. The KKK? The growing Rw militias? Just to name a couple of them.

It seems that our Homeland Security, and the Southern Poverty Law Center, have made statements quite frequently about their concerns about the growing dangers, of the radical RW groups which are growing by leaps and bounds, and do spread hatred, racism, misogeny, Guns and violent rhetoric, and even threats of a violent revolution, all with the approval of the Republican Party, apparently.

I find these investigations, and the Republican rhetoric accompanying them, to be a clear picture of the same damaging McCarthy UnAMerican Activities scam, also, by the Republican Party, and surely, not in our best interests her in our country, nor as regards our efforts to dilute, the power of al Qaeda, and reduce their recruitment opportunities.

Additionally, Republicans continue to deny the threats of their own growing radical, RW groups, turning a deaf ear and a blind eye, to the matter, as though it didn't even exist, in spite of the warnings by our own National Security Agencies. In fact, they become outraged over any effort to draw attention to them.

In fact, one could say the same thing about the radical statements made by Republicans, like Bachmann, Angle, and a number of others, some of them, Republican Leaders, who play into these dangerus statements, as though they approve and in the RW media, as well. O'Reilly, Beck, Limbaugh, Palin, Bachmann, and King, himself!!! All of them have been quoted, in their ginning up of violent rhetoric, and unAmerican statements. In their failure to address it, or speak against it, they indicate they approve. Incredible hypocrisy, IMO, to launch investigations into Mosques, considering Republicans refuse to speak against the hateful rhetoric of their own, and King, a former IRA, terrorist supporter!!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

hondo
03-14-2011, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please cite any passages in the Bible that instruct Christians to murder non-Christians.
Please note that I am not saying Jews murdering gentiles. </div></div>

Bump for Gayle.

hondo
03-14-2011, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.
Jesus says turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor as thyself, don't let the sun set on your anger, he without sin to cast the first stone. </div></div>

Bump for Soflasnapper.

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, this thread looked like a JohnnyD/JackD private conversation.
That would be myself "talking" using the printed word to express my ideas, and he repeating his one cognitive thought...Jesus saves, (Moses invests)
I have no idea what our two e-rude-ite scholars are talking about since hi-jacking that app from the rest of us....but on the positive side...that saves the npr from such "chatter" </div></div>

When my parents intertained their friends, we were allowed to join them for an hour or so, then, the rule was, "Children are to be seen, and not heard."

Posting here always reminds me of that.

We have these little kids, "Oh, Watch this! Hear Me! Look at me!"

Too bad we can't send them off to bed, then maybe we could have some adult discussions. Look at the mess they have made of this thread! They drag every subject into their irrational little grudges, and insults.

What a waste!

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if he did mean the Viet Cong ... wouldn't that be a racial slur? </div></div>

This must be why you are banned on AZ. We have a good thread here yet you choose to encourage the weasel rather than contribute to the thread.
You fool no one with your games. </div></div>
The liar returns...STOLEN VALOR ACT-Pretendors,Liars,Frauds.

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the OT Yahweh instructs Jews to wipe out villages of gentiles.
Jesus says turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor as thyself, don't let the sun set on your anger, he without sin to cast the first stone. </div></div>

Bump for Soflasnapper. </div></div>

BUMP FOR LIAR.WHY DID YOU LIE?
BUSTED

EXPOSED
STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, this thread looked like a JohnnyD/JackD private conversation.
I have no idea what our two e-rude-ite scholars are talking about since hi-jacking that app from the rest of us....but on the positive side...that saves the npr from such "chatter" </div></div>

When my parents intertained their friends, we were allowed to join them for an hour or so, then, the rule was, "Children are to be seen, and not heard."

Too bad we can't send them off to bed, then maybe we could have some adult discussions. Look at the mess they have made of this thread! They drag every subject into their irrational little grudges, and insults.

What a waste! </div></div>
SO YOU now officially support the LIAR..STOLEN VALOR ACT

SAYS ALOT ABOUT YOU THAT EVERYBODY ALREADY KNEW.

BUSTED

EXPOSED

Qtec
03-14-2011, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> STOLEN VALOR ACT </div></div>

We get it.???????????????????

ITS BORING and pretty infantile. You are behaving like a kid that dropped his ice cream.

Give it up.

Q

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 08:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have studied many religions, over the course of my life. Other than the philosophy of Buddhism, I have yet to discover any religious doctrine, or Holy Book, which does not include teachings which I personally find offensive, radical, hateful, despicable, misogynistic statements about women, sexist statements about homosexuals, and justification for killing the supposed enemy, which usually means anyone who is of a different point of view, either about life, or about God.
</div></div>

Even Buddhism falls into these categories my friend, unfortunately. From "The Tale of King Udayana of Valsa":
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women can be the cause of great suffering.
But women are even more detestable than they are. </div></div>

In general, the female form in Buddhism is associated with evil and sinful temptation. While the belief system itself does allow for a woman to reach spiritual realization, but she must mentally become as a man.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"The female's defects - greed, hate, and delusion and other defilements - are greater than the male's ... You (women) should have such an intention ...Because I wish to be freed from the impurities of the woman's body, I will acquire the beautiful and fresh body of a man."
--Buddha </div></div>

Research any major religion and we'll find such misogyny. But the thing is, religion (more aptly, spiritual belief) is an alive and evolving thing. The question then becomes are quotes from religious scripture misogynistic because that is the belief or ideal behind it? Or are such statements a product of their time and place in culture when it was written?

An example may be Vietnam, which is generally ranked as the top 1 or 2 most atheistic/non believer populated country in the world (roughly 81%). How are their human and women's rights there? Now the flipside of this would be Sweden, who also has a high non-believer population but is indeed very progressive on human rights. Yet even there this has only been a project of the last few decades.

Point being, we could find ancient writings, and even writings now less than a century old... and we'll find the same misogynistic overtones within them... be they of a religious nature or not. We also must take into account who was doing the writing and for what audience (in any form of literature).

All that said, and I do agree there are many misogynistic characteristics of the bible... we also see a rarity (especially for the time frame) of women being the heroes... Rahab, Deborah, Jael, Ruth, Hannah, Abigail, Esther, Mary, Priscilla, and several others. For the time of its writing, this is a pretty progressive thing to include.

Sack

</div></div>

Well friend, I was in my twenties when I was studying the various Religions, and I must say, I don't recall reading the material you quoted as being from the Buddhist philosophy.

What I do recall, was that the end result, of my studies, was that only the words of Jesus, impressed me, and I only know of one philosophy, which is really what Buddhism is, that came close to what I read in the Gospel of Jesus.

As you know, I am not involved with, any organized religion, and I don't subscribe to anything of it. I am not interested in living my life according to what I consider to be Myths.

My point, was that all religious philosophies that I studied, included in their ancient teachings, misogyny, racism, and the justification of killing and murdering.

All of that, obviously, is against my principles, and in fact, organized religion, is against my principles, in and of itself.

However, I don't seek to force my views on the subject, upon others, I just believe that organized religion, has no place, at all, in our government, as did some of the founders of our country. One of them wrote, I think it was Thomas Jefferson, who wrote,

"The separation must be complete and perfect...."

I wholeheartedly agree with him.

But, back to the issue of the King Investigations....do you think it is rational, that he launches an investigation which singles out Mosques, offending many American Muslims in the process, while he ignores the many warnings of our own Homeland Security, and The Southern Poverty Law Center, regarding the growing, radical RW threats?

And is King even the appropriate person to bring it up, after having supported a terrorist group???
G.

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> STOLEN VALOR ACT </div></div>

We get it.???????????????????

ITS BORING and pretty infantile. You are behaving like a kid that dropped his ice cream.

Give it up.

Q </div></div>
YOU give it up.YOU are just as bad then.
Taking VALOR from our SOLDIERS.I figured you would chime in.Thanks for proving me right.

EXPOSED

BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please cite any passages in the Bible that instruct Christians to murder non-Christians.

Bump for Gayle. </div></div>

Dear friend, I am so far beyond quoting passages from the Bible, it's not even funny, lol. It has been decades since I have even picked up a Bible. It never made any sense, to me.

That was very long ago, and my reading interests are more along my interests in current events, and historical writings, about things, not of the religious nature.

I can tell you only that I have a philosophy of, "To each his own" about life. I would never try to convince someone else, who derives some pleasure, courage, or comfort, from their religious beliefs, that they are wrong, or foolish, I can only speak of my own views, and my own philosophy.

I look at life quite differently, from the tenents of any organized religion.

IMO, ONLY forgiveness, matters, in the whole scheme of things, and forgiving others, does not require acceptance nor inclusion of those others, in one's life, when someone who has hurt you in some way.

Just that you don't carry hatred in your heart, and that you reach out to others, who are suffering in some way, when you can, to try to lighten their load, and never retaliate, against your preceived enemy, the goal then, is to commit to high intentions, regardless.

I say that, knowing full well, that if I ever witnessed for example, anyone intentionally physcially hurting someone I love, or even a stranger, or any child, or defenseless animal, I would immediately be transformed, beyond my control, into Atilla the Hun! And with no regrets! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

That's my religion in a nutshell. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Avoid people who are not a plus, and embrace and lift those who are suffering, when you can.

I've always seen people as either warriors, or medics....Given the choice, I'd rather be a medic.

G.

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Avoid LIARS.

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have also studied many religions during my life, and I was just thinking yesterday exactly what you mention-- that perhaps Buddhism is the only religion where there is no hate-filled order from the deity to slay everyone else.

</div></div>

Really?

What's that?

He didn't?

</div></div>

As you well know, the Bible for Christians contains the Old and New Testaments. In the OT, God instructed the people of Israel to commit genocide, and punished them when they held back any alive. Since this is found in the OT, it is in the Bible, QED.

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Women can be the cause of great suffering.
But women are even more detestable than they are.

The Buddhist notion is cessation of desire, in order to achieve enlightenment and release from the cycle of reincarnation into this fallen material world.

Obviously, the normal desire of men for women is both one of the greatest desires out there, and one of the greatest causes of all manner of sorrow, grief, longing, etc.

It's too bad that a critique of the problems with desiring women (which is in men's heads) turns into denigrating women, but this appears a near-universal meme, as when it was Eve who tempted Adam into the downfall from innocence, according to Genesis and all the world religions that honor that book as part of God's inspired word to man.

That it appears far from the influence of the Bible as well shows it is a common error to blame the desired party instead of the desirer. This probably comes from the male-dominated nature of most societies which have created religions that endure to this day.

Old-style nature religions and/or (Earth) Goddess worship may not have had such a focus (with their more matriarchal structures), but those were viciously repressed and destroyed because their ancient origins and broad appeal made them the key rivals to the newer patriarchal (and therefore misogynistic) religious variants.

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Really?

What's that?

He didn't?

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you well know, the Bible for Christians contains the Old and New Testaments. In the OT, God instructed the people of Israel to commit genocide, and punished them when they held back any alive. Since this is found in the OT, it is in the Bible, QED.

</div></div>

I'll add this. Jesus was familiar with the Torah, and took it to be the inspired word of God. Just as he embraced the Law, he embraced the words of the prophets who had instructed the children of Israel to perform genocide. He never demurred, he never taught against such allegedly divine instruction to the people through the prophets, even in the apocryphal and/or lost and/or Gnostic gospels, to my knowledge.

We can only conclude that by his overall endorsement of the Torah as God's word, and his failure to make a distinction from other moral teachings and these oft-repeated commandments to commit genocide, that he endorsed at least those PAST acts of genocide if not FUTURE ones, going forward.

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, this thread looked like a JohnnyD/JackD private conversation.

LOL! Except on here, Gayle, it's children should be obscene and heard. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please cite any passages in the Bible that instruct Christians to murder non-Christians.

Dear friend, I am so far beyond quoting passages from the Bible, it's not even funny, lol. It has been decades since I have even picked up a Bible. It never made any sense, to me.

That was very long ago, and my reading interests are more along my interests in current events, and historical writings, about things, not of the religious nature.

I can tell you only that I have a philosophy of, "To each his own" about life. I would never try to convince someone else, who derives some pleasure, courage, or comfort, from their religious beliefs, that they are wrong, or foolish, I can only speak of my own views, and my own philosophy.

IMO, ONLY forgiveness, matters, in the whole scheme of things, and forgiving others, does not require acceptance nor inclusion of those others, in one's life, when someone who has hurt you in some way.

Just that you don't carry hatred in your heart, and that you reach out to others, who are suffering in some way, when you can, to try to lighten their load, and never retaliate, against your preceived enemy, the goal then, is to commit to high intentions, regardless.

I say that, knowing full well, that if I ever witnessed for example, anyone intentionally physcially hurting someone I love, or even a stranger, or any child, or defenseless animal, I would immediately be transformed, beyond my control, into Atilla the Hun! And with no regrets! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

That's my religion in a nutshell. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Avoid people who are not a plus, and embrace and lift those who are suffering, when you can.

I've always seen people as either warriors, or medics....Given the choice, I'd rather be a medic.

G. </div></div>

Gayle, I pretty much agree with you and I am no friend of organized religion.
My point is simply that Jesus Christ DID NOT ADVOCATE violence towards man.
Man did that on his own.

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Agreed. My point is that Jesus and Yahweh do not appear to be on the same page.
JC does not tell us to hurt our fellow man.
In fact, he says the very opposite.

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
My friend, WADR, you are sharper than this.
Do we have the complete speeches of JC?
Of course not.
But, also, in order to fulfill prophecy He had to be careful or he wouldn't have lasted as long as He did.
As it was, He still managed to piss them off so bad, they wanted Him dad in His early 30s.

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 12:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please cite any passages in the Bible that instruct Christians to murder non-Christians.

G. </div></div>

Gayle, I pretty much agree with you and I am no friend of organized religion.
My point is simply that Jesus Christ DID NOT ADVOCATE violence towards man.
Man did that on his own. </div></div>

Yes, if memory serves me, the gospel of Jesus's words, did not include any justificatons of violence.

Forgiveness was his message. And, I must say, I surely don't see that in the so called, "Christian Coalition" of today, nor in their favored party, which protects those who destroy our earth, and conspires with thieves, embracing, totally, "The Love Of Money."

There is nothing "Chirstian" about GREED, nor about destroying the earth, it's animals, and it's beauty.

G.

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 12:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend, WADR, you are sharper than this.
Of course not.
But, also, in order to fulfill prophecy He had to be careful or he wouldn't have lasted as long as He did.
As it was, He still managed to piss them off so bad, they wanted Him dad in His early 30s. </div></div>

Never saw WADR before! Nice acronym, and happy to learn it, after only 23 years on-line! Old dog, new acronyms!

You make a good point, but then it goes to show my point, that there is no extant scriptural evidence, even in the hidden or suppressed scriptures, to contradict my point.

Fact is, Jesus believed the Jews to be exactly God's chosen as the Torah says, and he directed his ministry entirely toward them at first. Only after he sent his followers to all the children of Israel and they returned with news that his gospel had been rejected did he extend the reach of his ministry to the Gentiles, and perhaps only formally as late as his commandment at the ascension, forget just now. That this was somewhat unclear at the time is shown by Paul needing to make the argument later to the various early churches in his epistles.

As the Chosen People, God told them to genocidally remove the native populations from the promised land, and we have no evidence that Jesus disagreed.

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:32 PM
True. Remember, he was a man on earth, not a God.
To say that He advocated violence against gentiles when His words say something quite different is a leap from A to B, not a bridge. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hondo
03-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Of course i have some rather bizarre ideas about who Yahweh was and Jesus's actual purpose.

eg8r
03-14-2011, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll add this. Jesus was familiar with the Torah, and took it to be the inspired word of God.
</div></div>Could you provide some scripture to prove this. I definitely missed it.

eg8r

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gee, this thread looked like a JohnnyD/JackD private conversation.

LOL! Except on here, Gayle, it's children should be obscene and heard. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>
AND DON'T FORGET THE KICKER OF ALL A SCHOOL TEACHER THAT LIES AND STEALS VALOR FROM THE MILITARY.

BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Agreed. My point is that Jesus and Yahweh do not appear to be on the same page.
JC does not tell us to hurt our fellow man.
In fact, he says the very opposite. </div></div>
He also says DO NOT BE A LIAR.

WHY ARE YOU A LIAR?

STOLEN VALOR ACT

hondo
03-14-2011, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll add this. Jesus was familiar with the Torah, and took it to be the inspired word of God.
</div></div>Could you provide some scripture to prove this. I definitely missed it.

eg8r </div></div>

Surely you remember that he was quoting the Torah as a young boy?
Amazing the rabbis.

JohnnyD
03-14-2011, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Of course i have some rather bizarre ideas about who Yahweh was and Jesus's actual purpose. </div></div>
YOU HAVE BIZARRE IDEAS ABOUT BEING A LIAR.

BUSTED

STOLEN VALOR ACT

wolfdancer
03-14-2011, 01:04 PM
".....offensive, radical, hateful, despicable, misogynistic statements about women"

Professor Higgins explains the reasoning behind that concept:
XXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6sb-vOFqCU&feature=player_detailpage)

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Yes, if memory serves me, the gospel of Jesus's words, did not include any justificatons of violence.

As with almost any topic, the Bible can be thought to support both sides of this issue.

For the alleged King of Peace also said, 'for I have come not to bring peace, but a sword,' and mentioned that following him required one to despise ones parents (something to that effect).

Soflasnapper
03-14-2011, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll add this. Jesus was familiar with the Torah, and took it to be the inspired word of God.

eg8r </div></div>

Surely you remember that he was quoting the Torah as a young boy?
Amazing the rabbis. </div></div>

What hondo says.

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, if memory serves me, the gospel of Jesus's words, did not include any justificatons of violence.

As with almost any topic, the Bible can be thought to support both sides of this issue.

For the alleged King of Peace also said, 'for I have come not to bring peace, but a sword,' and mentioned that following him required one to despise ones parents (something to that effect). </div></div>

I thought the Bible, and The Gospel Of Jesus, were not the same exact thing.

Feel free to correct me. I was raised Catholic. We actually didn't hear much about The bible, it was all about The Gospel, the supposed Words Of Jesus Christ.

G.

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 02:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">".....offensive, radical, hateful, despicable, misogynistic statements about women"

Professor Higgins explains the reasoning behind that concept:
XXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6sb-vOFqCU&feature=player_detailpage) </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
All men live lives of quiet desperation, lol.

hondo
03-14-2011, 02:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, if memory serves me, the gospel of Jesus's words, did not include any justificatons of violence.

For the alleged King of Peace also said, 'for I have come not to bring peace, but a sword,' and mentioned that following him required one to despise ones parents (something to that effect). </div></div>

Well, I believe He was talking about renunciation of self.
We want to be careful and not over-simplify His words.

hondo
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
The Holy Bible refers to the OT and the NT.
They connect but are very different.

sack316
03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well friend, I was in my twenties when I was studying the various Religions, and I must say, I don't recall reading the material you quoted as being from the Buddhist philosophy.

What I do recall, was that the end result, of my studies, was that only the words of Jesus, impressed me, and I only know of one philosophy, which is really what Buddhism is, that came close to what I read in the Gospel of Jesus.</div></div>

Therein lies (in my humble opinion) the crux of it all... "philosophy". Though certain excerpts and some historical stories from any religion will include things we today may find detestable, the inherent teachings and philosophy behind them is what should carry on.

For example, we'll find many instances of slavery throughout. Shall we decry the entire lessons and teachings because of a common practice from that time that we don't agree with today? We'd have to declare much of our own country's founding literature as false for the same reasons (slavery, violence, misogyny). We don't tend to do that, but rather take the important lessons and philosophy from the writings and use them as a base.

Obviously I am by no means saying one MUST take any religious based scripture and accept it for the reasons I'm giving. Simply that it should not be dismissed on those factors alone, either. Especially when taking into consideration the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you know, I am not involved with, any organized religion, and I don't subscribe to anything of it. I am not interested in living my life according to what I consider to be Myths.

My point, was that all religious philosophies that I studied, included in their ancient teachings, misogyny, racism, and the justification of killing and murdering.

All of that, obviously, is against my principles, and in fact, organized religion, is against my principles, in and of itself.</div></div>

I agree with you here. And in fact, acceptance of any and all such things is indeed a personal decision that should never be forced upon anybody. My main thing was teachings of misogyny, racism, killing, and murder are found throughout writings anywhere. Even our most romanticized period of literature from Victorian Age Britain was full of those same themes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, I don't seek to force my views on the subject, upon others, I just believe that organized religion, has no place, at all, in our government, as did some of the founders of our country. One of them wrote, I think it was Thomas Jefferson, who wrote,

I wholeheartedly agree with him.</div></div>

Actually, believe it or not, I also agree with this. The two entities would do nothing but corrupt each other (more so than either/both already are). At least as long as we strive to be a nation with freedom of choice in such beliefs/non-beliefs that's how it must be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But, back to the issue of the King Investigations....do you think it is rational, that he launches an investigation which singles out Mosques, offending many American Muslims in the process, while he ignores the many warnings of our own Homeland Security, and The Southern Poverty Law Center, regarding the growing, radical RW threats?

And is King even the appropriate person to bring it up, after having supported a terrorist group???
</div></div>

My take on this is simple, and is the same as it always has been. Any credible threats/worries/concerns should be investigated. And I don't care if it offends somebody to do so... be that Muslims, Christians, or anybody/group under the sun. If it means we protect one life by doing it, then do it. I really don't like thinking that way, but that's the climate we are in now. And I'd prefer to apologize later to a group that feels slighted than to apologize for not preventing a tragedy due to being PC.

But I assume your point is more towards the equal and fair treatment aspect of things, and to that I do agree with you.

Sack

sack316
03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

In this instance, "sword" serves as a metaphor for the inevitable separation between those who would follow Christ and who would not. Just as the words about setting one against one's parents illustrate that separation.

Obviously this is easily seen as some form of violent rhetoric. And I actually once did a paper on this, taking the very view that Jesus was preaching violence here. But after diving into it all, I came to the conclusion mentioned above instead.

Sack

sack316
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I thought the Bible, and The Gospel Of Jesus, were not the same exact thing.

Feel free to correct me. I was raised Catholic. We actually didn't hear much about The bible, it was all about The Gospel, the supposed Words Of Jesus Christ.

G. </div></div>

This are just my thoughts on it from what I have learned, but I'm assuming you mean Old vs. New testament (speaking as a Christian). In which case the Old Testament is "Law", the NT is "grace". The OT informs on the NT, and the NT enlightens the OT. In fact, if one wishes to read the entire Bible IMHO it makes more sense to do it backwards (NT and then OT).

Now, the OT (remember-law) was the first covenant from God to man. Man, as flawed as we are, cannot (or will not) live up to this. We are not perfect. The new covenant provides a way for man to find forgiveness through grace (as opposed to the ugly stuff you'll find in the OT). In a sense, a way to achieve "perfection" through forgiveness for our sins. This is what the NT lays out.

That's my quick simple fluffy explanation of the two lol

Sack

LWW
03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
You are aware you are proving me wrong by agreeing with me?

LWW
03-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Not bad.

sack316
03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not bad. </div></div>

Thanks. Easier to explain it in a long drawn out manner to give the entire who, what, when, where, and why of it all... but for the forum's sake I just did my quick-n-easy rendition of my general idea.

Truth be told... I'm an ordained Minister and have also now completed one degree in religious studies as well. The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Took me a while to accept that's how it is "supposed" to be... the whole journey thing ya know?

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What I do recall, was that the end result, of my studies, was that only the words of Jesus, impressed me, and I only know of one philosophy, which is really what Buddhism is, that came close to what I read in the Gospel of Jesus.</div></div>

Therein lies (in my humble opinion) the crux of it all... "philosophy". Though certain excerpts and some historical stories from any religion will include things we today may find detestable, the inherent teachings and philosophy behind them is what should carry on.

For example, we'll find many instances of slavery throughout. Shall we decry the entire lessons and teachings because of a common practice from that time that we don't agree with today? We'd have to declare much of our own country's founding literature as false for the same reasons (slavery, violence, misogyny). We don't tend to do that, but rather take the important lessons and philosophy from the writings and use them as a base.

Obviously I am by no means saying one MUST take any religious based scripture and accept it for the reasons I'm giving. Simply that it should not be dismissed on those factors alone, either. Especially when taking into consideration the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As you know, I am not involved with, any organized religion, and I don't subscribe to anything of it. I am not interested in living my life according to what I consider to be Myths.

All of that, obviously, is against my principles, and in fact, organized religion, is against my principles, in and of itself.</div></div>

I agree with you here. And in fact, acceptance of any and all such things is indeed a personal decision that should never be forced upon anybody. My main thing was teachings of misogyny, racism, killing, and murder are found throughout writings anywhere. Even our most romanticized period of literature from Victorian Age Britain was full of those same themes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, I don't seek to force my views on the subject, upon others, I just believe that organized religion, has no place, at all, in our government, as did some of the founders of our country. One of them wrote, I think it was Thomas Jefferson, who wrote,

I wholeheartedly agree with him.</div></div>

Actually, believe it or not, I also agree with this. The two entities would do nothing but corrupt each other (more so than either/both already are). At least as long as we strive to be a nation with freedom of choice in such beliefs/non-beliefs that's how it must be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But, back to the issue of the King Investigations....do you think it is rational, that he launches an investigation which singles out Mosques, offending many American Muslims in the process, while he ignores the many warnings of our own Homeland Security, and The Southern Poverty Law Center, regarding the growing, radical RW threats?

</div></div>

My take on this is simple, and is the same as it always has been. Any credible threats/worries/concerns should be investigated. And I don't care if it offends somebody to do so... be that Muslims, Christians, or anybody/group under the sun. If it means we protect one life by doing it, then do it. I really don't like thinking that way, but that's the climate we are in now. And I'd prefer to apologize later to a group that feels slighted than to apologize for not preventing a tragedy due to being PC.

But I assume your point is more towards the equal and fair treatment aspect of things, and to that I do agree with you.

Sack </div></div>

Thanks Sack,

It seems we agree on most all of it, except, IMO, what King is doing, plays right into the hands of al Qaeda, AND, fails completely to approach the subject of radical elements, in our society, in an equal, fair manner, which doesn't target one group, over another.

IOW, had he launched an investigation on all of our radical groups, and the resulting threats to our collective safety, peace and harmony, that would have been fine with me.

But, what he's doing, offends me, my sense of fairness, and I'm sure, it offends all or most all American Muslims, who are no more threatening, to our safety, than the abortion Clinic bombers, or the Red State Militias, or the KKK, for that matter.

All of them are radicals, with a potential for violence, IMO. Let's face it, we've seen the Tea Party people, actually threatening to bring their guns, "Next time."

G.

Gayle in MD
03-15-2011, 10:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If it duznt beleev in and follow a god or gods then it aint a religion.
mac. </div></div>

LOL, Mac, you are a prize.

Gayle in MD
03-15-2011, 10:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend, WADR, you are sharper than this.
Of course not.
As it was, He still managed to piss them off so bad, they wanted Him dad in His early 30s. </div></div>

Never saw WADR before! Nice acronym, and happy to learn it, after only 23 years on-line! Old dog, new acronyms!

You make a good point, but then it goes to show my point, that there is no extant scriptural evidence, even in the hidden or suppressed scriptures, to contradict my point.

Fact is, Jesus believed the Jews to be exactly God's chosen as the Torah says, and he directed his ministry entirely toward them at first. Only after he sent his followers to all the children of Israel and they returned with news that his gospel had been rejected did he extend the reach of his ministry to the Gentiles, and perhaps only formally as late as his commandment at the ascension, forget just now. That this was somewhat unclear at the time is shown by Paul needing to make the argument later to the various early churches in his epistles.

As the Chosen People, God told them to genocidally remove the native populations from the promised land, and we have no evidence that Jesus disagreed. </div></div>

Someone sent me this video, recently, wondered your opinion on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3_9WTGlneM&feature=player_detailpage

Also, in Bill Maher's movie, Religulous, he refers to several other "Gods" B.C., with the same basic concepts, virgin birth, ressurection, etc. Ever seen it?

G.

wolfdancer
03-15-2011, 03:11 PM
that would be S.A.D.
I remember one of my "uncles" not a blood relation....the more he drank, and he could throw them down.....the more he became an expert "on all things"
As I youngster at the time, I was obligated to listen to him.....wish they had that same "ignore" feature back then.

eg8r
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Nope, I do remember.

eg8r

eg8r
03-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Any scripture reference? When he was quoting it was it the same way Satan could quote the Bible or does it say he believe it to be the "inspired word of God"?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
03-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Also, in Bill Maher's movie, Religulous, he refers to several other "Gods" B.C., with the same basic concepts, virgin birth, ressurection, etc. Ever seen it?

Haven't seen this linked movie, and saw only limited parts of Religulous. No opinion yet.

cushioncrawler
03-15-2011, 04:51 PM
eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman. Pipple who dont really know much about the The Holey Bible seem to think that Satan iz supposed to be the devil, he aint the devil.
Satan iz a good guy. Satan iz supposed to check u out whether u go to Hell or Heaven.
Then after doing that job for God, Satan ie supposed to do job No2 for God, ir run Hell, ie Hell on earth.
Real Biblists know this stuff.
Faux Biblists know jackshit.
mac.

LWW
03-15-2011, 05:01 PM
You are using the OT satan, which was a title, and not the NT Satan which is a name.

Soflasnapper
03-18-2011, 01:39 AM

Lots of people have noticed and reported that most of the miraculous attributes ascribed to Jesus were prefigured in various pagan gods of the past. The movie Zeitgeist, part 1, covers this, as does an author called Acharya S (nom de plum).

That is a true point overall, although some things have been exaggerated.

The linked movie preview is about the greatest conspiracy story I've ever heard.

The theory is that Christianity is about 1000 years YOUNGER than alleged. The 'Christmas star' of nativity fame is said to be the super-nova that appeared in the sky early in the 2nd millenia, c. 1000 CE, which was memorialized throughout all civilizations that did writing EXCEPT for Europe. Even though the very famous tapestry portraying the Norman conquest of England around that time shows a super-nova archetype on it. The church would have suppressed that information, under this theory.

Supposedly, up against millenia-old extant religions, such a new guy would lack cred, so they pushed his advent back 1,000 years or so by confabulating the alleged history that is so murky it's called... The Dark Ages.

This was discovered by a Russian mathematician/astrologer with all too much time on his hands as a resident of the tzar's prison.

But wait! There's more!

When you compare the chronology of the Hebrew leaders in the book of Kings in the Bible, and the purported chronology of mid-Italian princes and kings and kingdoms in the Dark Ages, with regard to length of reign, successor's onset, the indeterminate reign of inter-regnum periods, etc., those two lists match up as nearly identical for timing and lengths. As if the latter list were simply cribbed from the account in Kings.

I've seen this listing, and it is bizarre and impressively exact.

To be sure, that somebody made up a history doesn't mean those years never existed.

That's where ancient horoscopes come in, matching up recorded planetary patterns with when we can be certain they occurred.

I take all of this as interesting entertainment, but I don't wholly discount it.

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 01:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone sent me this video, recently, wondered your opinion on it.

Lots of people have noticed and reported that most of the miraculous attributes ascribed to Jesus were prefigured in various pagan gods of the past. The movie Zeitgeist, part 1, covers this, as does an author called Acharya S (nom de plum).

That is a true point overall, although some things have been exaggerated.

The linked movie preview is about the greatest conspiracy story I've ever heard.

The theory is that Christianity is about 1000 years YOUNGER than alleged. The 'Christmas star' of nativity fame is said to be the super-nova that appeared in the sky early in the 2nd millenia, c. 1000 CE, which was memorialized throughout all civilizations that did writing EXCEPT for Europe. Even though the very famous tapestry portraying the Norman conquest of England around that time shows a super-nova archetype on it. The church would have suppressed that information, under this theory.

Supposedly, up against millenia-old extant religions, such a new guy would lack cred, so they pushed his advent back 1,000 years or so by confabulating the alleged history that is so murky it's called... The Dark Ages.

This was discovered by a Russian mathematician/astrologer with all too much time on his hands as a resident of the tzar's prison.

But wait! There's more!

When you compare the chronology of the Hebrew leaders in the book of Kings in the Bible, and the purported chronology of mid-Italian princes and kings and kingdoms in the Dark Ages, with regard to length of reign, successor's onset, the indeterminate reign of inter-regnum periods, etc., those two lists match up as nearly identical for timing and lengths. As if the latter list were simply cribbed from the account in Kings.

I've seen this listing, and it is bizarre and impressively exact.

To be sure, that somebody made up a history doesn't mean those years never existed.

That's where ancient horoscopes come in, matching up recorded planetary patterns with when we can be certain they occurred.

I take all of this as interesting entertainment, but I don't wholly discount it. </div></div>

Thank you so much for your very interesting input. And actually, I don't see how it could be wholly discounted, either, to use your words.

My Dad would often answer my questions with, "I don't believe it, but I don't disbelieve it, either. You just jogged a memory. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G.

bobroberts
03-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Gayle i think you took to much acid when you were younger. it's hard to believe that your so naive.

wolfdancer
03-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Yep, pretty interesting....especially the astronomy datum

hondo
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle i think you took to much acid when you were younger. it's hard to believe that your so naive. </div></div>

And you didn't take enough acid, Roberts.
That's why you have that board up your arse and think dub and family are the good guys.

ugotda7
03-18-2011, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle i think you took to much acid when you were younger. it's hard to believe that your so naive. </div></div>

That's why you have that board up your arse and think dub and family are the good guys. </div></div>

Who is "dub and family?" Come on...spell it out. This isn't very moderator like.

wolfdancer
03-18-2011, 05:42 PM
LOL
Because of the name, I invariably think he is preaching.
The original Bob Richards, an Olympic Champion, could jump over lots of boards....
I just googled and found these two names for him "Vaulting Vicar" or the "Pole Vaulting Parson".The only two time gold medal winner in the Olympic pole vault.
Rev. Bob now raises miniature horses, and has been married for 37 years to the lady that played Kookie's girlfriend on "77 Sunset Strip" (1958-1964)......Google is really amazing

wolfdancer
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
"Dub" has nicknamed himself "Dub"
I think it to be short for..... dubious, implying that
his preceding commentary, was not to be taken literally?
"He's a joker, he's a smoker, he's a midnite toker
he don't want to hurt no one"
not Dub, of course... the last line should attest to that.
....it's just that that song popped into mind
" "Dub" means to give a name or a title to someone. You never just dub a person, period; you dub the person *something*. You might dub your dog Spot. You might dub your little brother Nuisance of the Century, unless Spot has prior claim to that title"

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Actually, it's a typo. He left out the "m"... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hondo
03-18-2011, 09:14 PM
You don't think I would make a good moderator?

wolfdancer
03-18-2011, 09:42 PM
now that is a workable, alternate theory, that I hadn't considered.

Stretch
03-18-2011, 11:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, it's a typo. He left out the "m"... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

HAHAAAA!!! Good belly laugh at that one Gayle. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif St.

LWW
03-19-2011, 01:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle i think you took to much acid when you were younger. it's hard to believe that your so naive. </div></div>

That's why you have that board up your arse and think dub and family are the good guys. </div></div>

Who is "dub and family?" Come on...spell it out. This isn't very moderator like. </div></div>

He wouldn't even make a good hat rack, much less a good mod.

hondo
03-19-2011, 06:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bobroberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gayle i think you took to much acid when you were younger. it's hard to believe that your so naive. </div></div>

Who is "dub and family?" Come on...spell it out. This isn't very moderator like. </div></div>

He wouldn't even make a good hat rack, much less a good mod. </div></div>

That really hurt, dub.
I would be fair.
I bet you and the klan would really hate that.
Can you imagine judging johnny, sev, and punter by the same criteria as Wolfie and Gayle have been judged in the past?

The horror! The Horror!

eg8r
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

So, back to my question to soflasnapper, where is the scripture that identifies the Koran as the teachings or scripture being quoted by Jesus as a child?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

So, back to my question to soflasnapper, where is the scripture that identifies the Koran as the teachings or scripture being quoted by Jesus as a child?

eg8r </div></div>

Unsure what you're referring to with this question. My point was that Jesus was familiar with and quoted the TORAH, amazing the Pharisees with his knowledge at such a young age.

Soflasnapper
03-21-2011, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

eg8r </div></div>

As to mac's point, the OT Satan was more or less God's attorney general or prosecutor, I think it's fair to say.

hondo
03-21-2011, 03:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

eg8r </div></div>

As to mac's point, the OT Satan was more or less God's attorney general or prosecutor, I think it's fair to say. </div></div>

i.e. see Job.

hondo
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

eg8r </div></div>

Unsure what you're referring to with this question. My point was that Jesus was familiar with and quoted the TORAH, amazing the Pharisees with his knowledge at such a young age. </div></div>

Trust me. He has no idea what you are talking about.
tchr thinks The Torah and the Koran are the same thing.

eg8r
03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Are you avoiding the question on purpose?

eg8r

eg8r
03-22-2011, 01:01 PM
Nevermind, I see the error in my ways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I misread your first post and thought you were meaning that Jesus was quoting the Koran. I had to go back and read it one more time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

JohnnyD
03-22-2011, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg -- I am thinking that u arent aware that Satan iz God's righthandman.</div></div>Sorry cush, but thinking is definitely not what you are doing when making a statement such as this.

eg8r </div></div>

Unsure what you're referring to with this question. My point was that Jesus was familiar with and quoted the TORAH, amazing the Pharisees with his knowledge at such a young age. </div></div>

Trust me. He has no idea what you are talking about.
tchr thinks The Torah and the Koran are the same thing. </div></div>

YOU cannot be trusted so that is a mute point.

PRETENDOR&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;LIAR&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;FRAUD

WHY OHHH WHY DID YOU LIE?

BUSTED!

Soflasnapper
03-22-2011, 02:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevermind, I see the error in my ways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I misread your first post and thought you were meaning that Jesus was quoting the Koran. I had to go back and read it one more time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Yeah, I do that occasionally as well-- when I'm leaving on a jet plane, for one. LOL! No problem.

wolfdancer
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
they are similar as both have "ora" in the middle of the word.
We Catholics also employ "ora" as in:
"Ora pro nobis" (Latin) "pray for us"

hondo
03-22-2011, 08:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevermind, I see the error in my ways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I misread your first post and thought you were meaning that Jesus was quoting the Koran. I had to go back and read it one more time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

And I apologize for thinking tchr posted that.
I misread.

wolfdancer
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM
"saw" "seen" ...is past tense.
Glad to help you out!!!

JohnnyD
03-22-2011, 08:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nevermind, I see the error in my ways. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I misread your first post and thought you were meaning that Jesus was quoting the Koran. I had to go back and read it one more time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

And I apologize for thinking tchr posted that.
I misread. </div></div> NO,NOT YOU.Mr IQ.

WHY DID YOU LIE.

JohnnyD
03-22-2011, 08:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"saw" "seen" ...is past tense.
Glad to help you out!!! </div></div>
Everyone makes mistakes,but you of course.When a person like you who constantly criticizes,well......it really doesn't mean much.

wolfdancer
03-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I make many mistakes, but since I'm not the one trying to establish myself here as an expert commentator.....mine are easily overlooked. At my age, I'm lucky that I can compose a sentence, and then string two or three of them together in a meaningful way.
"Criticizes", is much preferable to the insults, demeaning, and threats, that have become the norm here, by your Red States crew.
You should take it as a compliment that I, who has more important duties to attend to, not only take the time to read your posts, but to comment on them.

JohnnyD
03-22-2011, 10:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I make many mistakes, but since I'm not the one trying to establish myself here as an expert commentator.....mine are easily overlooked. At my age, I'm lucky that I can compose a sentence, and then string two or three of them together in a meaningful way.
"Criticizes", is much preferable to the insults, demeaning, and threats, that have become the norm here, by your Red States crew.
You should take it as a compliment that I, who has more important duties to attend to, not only take the time to read your posts, but to comment on them. </div></div>
LINKS to threats?OHH that's right there never were any.Just gail and handoes BS.
Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here.

WHY DID HE LIE? Ask him in the email you guys send to each other.

WHY?

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 12:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>
I never tried to be anybody important here, just be myself.If I saw something I liked or disliked enough, then I would comment on it. But enough about me......
I'd like to congratulate you, on supplanting lww as the new #1 spokesman for the right. He had a long reign, but "the King is dead, long live the King"

hondo
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>
I never tried to be anybody important here, just be myself.If I saw something I liked or disliked enough, then I would comment on it. But enough about me......
I'd like to congratulate you, on supplanting lww as the new #1 spokesman for the right. He had a long reign, but "the King is dead, long live the King" </div></div>

I now believe they are the same person.

Gayle in MD
03-23-2011, 08:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>
I'd like to congratulate you, on supplanting lww as the new #1 spokesman for the right. He had a long reign, but "the King is dead, long live the King" </div></div>

I now believe they are the same person. </div></div>

Absolutely!

I recognize the writing style....

Look what he's done to this thread. What a POS!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
G.

LWW
03-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Why do they hate is the real question?

Stretch
03-23-2011, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do they hate is the real question? </div></div>

Why does anybody hate? That is the question. Your "accusation" is just another shody attempt at baiting. We understand this is all you have. St.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do they hate is the real question? </div></div>

Why does anybody hate? That is the question. Your "accusation" is just another shody attempt at baiting. We understand this is all you have. St. </div></div>
Terrible post as usual.Should be banned for not using "basic" common sense.Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>

I now believe they are the same person. </div></div>

WHY DID YOU LIE handoe? WHY?

Pretendor,Liar,Fraud.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>
The King LWW will live forever.The twitter pages were a buzz when he took over here.Long live The King LWW.JESUS loves him.
HE is doing GOD's work.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do they hate is the real question? </div></div>
Pastor says they are doing the devils work.

The truth MUST be told.

The truth will set them free.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I make many mistakes, but since I'm not the one trying to establish myself here as an expert commentator.....mine are easily overlooked. At my age, I'm lucky that I can compose a sentence, and then string two or three of them together in a meaningful way.
You should take it as a compliment that I, who has more important duties to attend to, not only take the time to read your posts, but to comment on them. </div></div>
YOU are a LIAR like your puppet handoe.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=wolfdancer] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quit kidding yourself.You are a nobody on here. </div></div>

I now believe they are the same person. [/quot

WHY are YOU a bad parent? POS !

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE&gt; LIES ALL LIES FROM YOU.

Absolutely!

I recognize the writing style....

Look what he's done to this thread. What a POS!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
G. </div></div>

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well. </div></div>
Sorry to hear that....take two aspirin and call me in the morning.
I'll put in a good word for you with my "that's a 10-4 good buddy", lww, and see if he'll promote you to 2cd class.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well. </div></div>
I'll put in a good word for you with my "that's a 10-4 good buddy", lww, and see if he'll promote you to 2cd class.
</div></div>I am beneath all.I do not seek a promotion.I,along with many others only want to promote the goodness of LWW"s posts.
The truth will set YOU free.
TELL the truth.
The truth never goes away.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnnyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well. </div></div>
</div></div>I am beneath all.I do not seek a promotion.I,along with many others only want to promote the goodness of LWW"s posts.
TELL the truth.
The truth never goes away.
The truth will set YOU free. </div></div>
Stretch will never gain above 3rd class puppet.YOU on the other hand have attained your life long goal of being a 1st class monkeys ass.I hate to give you accolades but congrats.Look in the mirror every morning and say "i made it"!

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Now if I was to call either you or Steve what you just called me, even though as an insult, it would be at, or near the 3rd grade level......had I done that, I would be "on notice" here, or worse?
I'm wondering how you are able to slip in all these personal attacks,insults,.... and yet they go unnoticed?

hondo
03-23-2011, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well. </div></div>
</div></div>

LOL! Good one!

wolfdancer
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Sort of a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", maybe?
It would not surprise me.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now if I was to call either you or Steve what you just called me, even though as an insult, it would be at, or near the 3rd grade level......had I done that, I would be "on notice" here, or worse?
I'm wondering how you are able to slip in all these personal attacks,insults,.... and yet they go unnoticed? </div></div>
YOU do it all the time.YOU don't read what YOU write.

JohnnyD
03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sock puppet 3rd class is not doing well. </div></div>
</div></div>

LOL! Good one! </div></div>
WHY DID YOU LIE?
Pretendor.Liar.Fraud.
WHY?

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.