PDA

View Full Version : Not a Robot

09-10-2002, 12:20 PM
It just bores me to tears to watch players that latch onto technical training that excludes artistic development. They are realy doing the game a diservice IMO. There's no expresion, no risks, no imagination, no creativity. No wonder the game puts me to sleep on TV.

I may never be great, but I'll be damned if i'll ever be boring LOL. Cause for me, i want to "perform" when i play. Sometimes i screw up and do something stupid, but a lot of times, special times, it's magic. God i love that, why can't i see more magic on TV? Cause there freekin ROBOTS.

I like to think that the table I'm playing on is Alive and that the floor under me is breathing. There is an energy exchange between my body and the balls on the table that is not just "mechanical". All i want is Brillience, is that too much to ask?? LOL. To see something so orignal, so perfect, so great that it can't be taught. You either got it or you don't. That's the essense of great pool. It's not just the doing. It's the performance. It's the feeling between you and whoever is the witness that your seeing things together that is something you will never see again. A great momment. That's all.....St

09-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Any activity can become an art when it transcends the mechanical and the person becomes the observer of that power that acts through them, that is OF them, yet is MORE than them at the same time. At that moment there exists a freedom to create and express without concern for outcome. Give it whatever secular or religious name you want; but it is a true and real experience. It's why we keep going back.

cheesemouse
09-10-2002, 01:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Stretch:</font><hr> It just bores me to tears to watch players that latch onto technical training that excludes artistic development. They are realy doing the game a diservice IMO. There's no expresion, no risks, no imagination, no creativity. No wonder the game puts me to sleep on TV.

I may never be great, but I'll be damned if i'll ever be boring LOL. Cause for me, i want to "perform" when i play. Sometimes i screw up and do something stupid, but a lot of times, special times, it's magic. God i love that, why can't i see more magic on TV? Cause there freekin ROBOTS.

I like to think that the table I'm playing on is Alive and that the floor under me is breathing. There is an energy exchange between my body and the balls on the table that is not just "mechanical". All i want is Brillience, is that too much to ask?? LOL. To see something so orignal, so perfect, so great that it can't be taught. You either got it or you don't. That's the essense of great pool. It's not just the doing. It's the performance. It's the feeling between you and whoever is the witness that your seeing things together that is something you will never see again. A great momment. That's all.....St <hr></blockquote>

FREE WILLY...FREE WILLY...OPEN THE GATE AND LET'ER BUCK.....YAHOOOOOOOO......FREE WILLY...FREE WILLY....Boy, I'm glad that's over. Stretch, you got me man.....squirt and deflection be damned....FREE WILLY...... OK! OK! I'm all right now.....thanks

Rod
09-10-2002, 01:59 PM
Cheese don't hold back, express yourself.LOL Amen to that. That crap might be ok here but when it's time to play, Break the dam balls!

Patrick
09-10-2002, 02:03 PM
I personally like to watch a perfect robot stroke rather than an Efren stroke as many of you enjoy watching. Only Stephen Hendry has a stroke I can look at, Allison Fisher too. But they are not perfect robot strokes that I want to see.

Patrick

09-10-2002, 05:40 PM
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. You know! I wish i could have said it the way you did. St~~Great devotee of the gospel of Getting On. But mouths sentences as a cur mouths a bone.

Tom_In_Cincy
09-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Getting out from an impossible layout.. Making a shot that no one would try... hitting the OB from a very well played safety, and making it,, and getting shape on the next ball... Making a ball that you know that you only have a one in ten chance to make... but knowing you are due..... and also knowing that you can make the shot..

All of these are what I like about pool.. beating the odds. Taking the chances that are not considered the best way to win.. I like my chances doing these things.. that's why I continue to take them..

09-10-2002, 06:56 PM
just want to thank you again stretch for showing me the CCB THANKS!!!

09-11-2002, 08:55 AM
It's truly unfortunate that when you try to talk about this stuff, people think you're a wacko or they try to trivialize or poke fun of the idea because they are uncomfortable with it. Unless you've HAD the experience, the words make no connections.