PDA

View Full Version : Rock.....ME......Hard place

MinnesotaSlim
09-10-2002, 03:07 PM
For the past few years I have been playing "C" league pool here in town. Just to give some more info, "C" league is the lowest bracket for team play and I live in a town of 25K people.

Well anyway. The last couple of seasons I have been ranked in the top 10 of individual stats. I want to step up my game and join the next level of league but the rest of my team wont budge. I know what you're saying, but I can just get a new team. We have been together for a long time and the game just wouldn't be the same if "the guys" weren't there to give me a hard time.

My question is, has anyone else ran into this problem before? And if so, how can I get the rest of my team fired up about moving up a division?

Sincerly,
Stuck behind the eight in Minnesota

09-10-2002, 03:11 PM

MinnesotaSlim
09-10-2002, 03:19 PM
I am in a small city league consisting of about 10-15 teams of four men each. There are three divisions:

"A League" - Consisting of only the best shooters in town.
"B League" - Good shooters, but still need some fine tuning
"C League" - First time league shooters and guys who just want to get drunk.

I am getting tired of shooting the same guys every year.
I want more of a challenge during the season, but my teammates (who can all shoot fairly well) have no desire to move up.

9 Ball Girl
09-10-2002, 03:26 PM
If they don't want to budge and that seems to be the case, then maybe you can get a spot in one of the "B" league teams or maybe start your own?

PQQLK9
09-10-2002, 03:35 PM
Seems like a group of HAPPY underachievers...
"If you want to Soar like an Eagle you don't hang out with Turkeys" /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rod
09-10-2002, 03:41 PM
Stuck behind the eight in Minnesota "

Well better there than a snow bank! LOL

Seriously tell them you need the competition and so do they. You need it to better your game and so do they. The guys can still get drunk, no one is going to take that away and learn something in the process and still have fun. They could always sit at the bar and get drunk without playing but I take it they like a little challenge? Are they afraid to play better players and learn something? They might get beat but then if your in a stuper who cares.

SpiderMan
09-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Are two league nights an option? I play APA, plus a "scratch" league in BCA for real competition.

SpiderMan

Barbara
09-10-2002, 04:51 PM
MS,

You'll just have to find another team in the "B" league. If they don't want to improve, they won't. You have to have a reason and they're not looking for one.

I used to photostat all kinds of drills and material for my bar league teammates and it was just a waste of paper. Even for the girls that had tables at home. They wouldn't practice. I practiced 3-4 nights a week and my opponents would be p-o'd about why I was so good! HA!

I wish you luck with your decision.

Barbara