PDA

View Full Version : The nation has no confidence in dear leader.

LWW
03-16-2011, 03:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Confidence in the U.S. system of government has dropped to a new low in more than 35 years, with public attitudes burdened by continued economic discontent, soaring gasoline prices, record opposition to the war in Afghanistan and a letdown in hopes for political progress after a bout of bipartisanship last fall. </div></div>

From the reich wing ABC NEWS (http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1121a2%202011%20Politics.pdf)

Qtec
03-16-2011, 04:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Confidence in the U.S. system of government has dropped to a new low in more than 35 years, </div></div>

Actually, I can believe that. At the last Pres election, the people voted in a Dem house, a Dem Senate and a Dem POTUS. If ever anyone had a mandate from the people it was Obama and the Dem Party for change.

What happened?

A normal logical thinking person, knowing how important the GOP place the will of the people above all else would assume they would back the POTUS up in his efforts to institute change.

What happened?

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>We all know.</span> The GOP became the party of NO. They did everything they could to stop Obama making any change ,<span style="color: #990000">even if it was what the people had voted for.</span>

Before the election, the GOP was hammering O on jobs. He wasn't creating enough jobs.

The GOP have been in power now for 3 months. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Name me ONE job creating piece of legislation they have passed.</span>

Q

Sev
03-16-2011, 07:53 AM
HAHAHAHHA!!!

I thought it was the presidents job to create jobs.

LWW
03-16-2011, 07:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHAHAHHA!!!

I thought it was the presidents job to create jobs. </div></div>

That depends on what flavor of "TRUTH" is being dispensed on a particular day.

jimmyg
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
The only "jobs" that any government can create are non-productive, tax payer supported, government and military jobs. The private sector creates productive industries and the subsequent jobs necessary to operate them. Without private sector participation a healthy economy cannot, and will not, exist.

In a free enterprise, capitalist system, government's charge is simply to create a healthy, stable, political and economic environment, free of obstacles, that instills the confidence necessary for the private sector to invest in.

J

LWW
03-16-2011, 09:23 AM
You mean in the destructive sector.

jimmyg
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM
Yes, I do! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

J

llotter
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
It may come as a surprise to you but it NOT the job of Washington politicians or bureaucrats to create jobs, in spite of their desire to make everyone dependent on them for their livelihood. Their job is to protect our liberties so the citizens are free to pursue their own life and their happiness.

LWW
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM
AGAIN, you hold the bar too high.

Soflasnapper
03-16-2011, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Confidence in the U.S. system of government has dropped to a new low in more than 35 years, with public attitudes burdened by continued economic discontent, soaring gasoline prices, record opposition to the war in Afghanistan and a letdown in hopes for political progress after a bout of bipartisanship last fall. </div></div>

From the reich wing ABC NEWS (http://www.langerresearch.com/uploads/1121a2%202011%20Politics.pdf) </div></div>

So now Obama is 'the US system of government'???

Instead of heading up one branch of our tri-part system?

Wow, he's way over-reaching now. Set him straight, LWW!!

LWW
03-17-2011, 02:53 AM
Obama ios the head of the regime.

If you would prefer that I say the people have no faith in this regime, I concur that it would be more accurate.

Soflasnapper
03-17-2011, 08:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimmyg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only "jobs" that any government can create are non-productive, tax payer supported, government and military jobs. The private sector creates productive industries and the subsequent jobs necessary to operate them. Without private sector participation a healthy economy cannot, and will not, exist.

In a free enterprise, capitalist system, government's charge is simply to create a healthy, stable, political and economic environment, free of obstacles, that instills the confidence necessary for the private sector to invest in.

J </div></div>

Did and does the construction and maintenance of the interstate highway system create only so-called 'jobs' which are non-productive? What isn't real about highway construction jobs, and why do you consider them non-productive?

If you instead agree this is one counter-example to your claims, do you think it is unique in this respect?

Soflasnapper
03-17-2011, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama ios the head of the regime.

If you would prefer that I say the people have no faith in this regime, I concur that it would be more accurate. </div></div>

Given that even O's mediocre numbers of job approval are about triple the job approval rating of CONGRESS, the Article I-created first part and most key part of our system of government (the presidency doesn't even appear until Article II, and was a wholly weak branch fairly subservient to Congress until the FDR strong executive model), I think it's fairer to say this 'no confidence' relates to how screwed up the Congress is instead of some measure that relates to this particular president.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 08:39 PM
We are getting some interstate highway construction done in this area...Blythe Construction is doing the work. They are a private company.

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-18-2011, 12:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are getting some interstate highway construction done in this area...Blythe Construction is doing the work. They are a private company.

Steve </div></div>

Don't you think they may have added workers to fulfill this contract (FROM THE GOVERNMENT), or would have had to lay off workers if they didn't have this contract for work?

J said the government could only create government jobs, or military jobs, or non-productive jobs.

Which would those in the first paragraph be characterized as? None of the above, right?

Wouldn't any or all of them be productive jobs created by the government?

LWW
03-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Speaking for the local area ... we have lost over 100 businesses so the gubmint could have a place to leave machinery over night near the ramps being redone.

No new ramps are being added.

The functioning overpasses which are being turn down for the sole purpose of being replaced at taxpayer expense do have some spiffy biplanes embossed on the sides as a compliment to the Wright Brothers.