PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for The Moron's Picks

llotter
03-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't follow b-ball at all but I have to admit that The Moron's picks have suddenly brought my attention to those things that are really important in life.

Sev
03-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Perhaps he will get the luck of the Irish at his St. Patty's party.

LWW
03-16-2011, 09:22 AM
He is O'Bama.

pooltchr
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Thousands homeless in Japan
Food and water shortages in Japan
4 potential nuclear core meltdowns
Libya in turmoil
Two wars ongoing in the middle east
US economy starting 3rd year in the tank
US unemployment still out of control

And Obama wastes 30 minutes with the press to tell the world what he thinks about college basketball!

This is our leader??????????????????

Steve

LWW
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
At least he didn't tell a Godziller joke.

Soflasnapper
03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thousands homeless in Japan
Libya in turmoil

And Obama wastes 30 minutes with the press to tell the world what he thinks about college basketball!

Steve </div></div>

Arguably, your point could be made about any presidential activity, from eating a relaxed meal over 1 1/2 hours, to getting a workout in, to watching the news, to the normal presidential crap of calling to congratulate winners of big sporting events, etc. Just to be more clear, what could he do about those things in 30 minutes if he were not doing this?

Do you believe that the federal government only addresses these things when the president dons his super-hero costume and personally flies over there to use his x-ray vision or freezing super breath, or what? Isn't it clear that there are teams of professionals on all these matters, at 18-22 hour a day clips?

Sev
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Teams of professional bureaucrats.

llotter
03-16-2011, 12:22 PM
The Dow is down nearly 300 pts in reaction to The Moron's picks, says Limbaugh.

llotter
03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
If there was even an attempt at leadership, there wouldn't be such criticism. You can hardly blame a growing number of citizens for pointing out that the king has no clothes. Of course, there are still many who simply refuse to open their eyes to the truth.

Truthfully, based on The Moron's history of incompetence in all things domestic and international, I would prefer that he just pass on the duties that American presidents are usually required to uphold.

jimmyg
03-16-2011, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thousands homeless in Japan
Libya in turmoil

Steve </div></div>

Arguably, your point could be made about any presidential activity, from eating a relaxed meal over 1 1/2 hours, to getting a workout in, to watching the news, to the normal presidential crap of calling to congratulate winners of big sporting events, etc. Just to be more clear, what could he do about those things in 30 minutes if he were not doing this?

Do you believe that the federal government only addresses these things when the president dons his super-hero costume and personally flies over there to use his x-ray vision or freezing super breath, or what? Isn't it clear that there are teams of professionals on all these matters, at 18-22 hour a day clips?
</div></div>

Then, why didn't he say that during his press conference instead of "talking hoops"? It's not as though today is a slow news day. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

J

Stretch
03-16-2011, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there was even an attempt at leadership, there wouldn't be such criticism. You can hardly blame a growing number of citizens for pointing out that the king has no clothes. Of course, there are still many who simply refuse to open their eyes to the truth.

Truthfully, based on The Moron's history of incompetence in all things domestic and international, I would prefer that he just pass on the duties that American presidents are usually required to uphold.

</div></div>

I will agree Obama's Presidency is the worse timed term in history. But while he's dealing with a stonewalling and paralizing opposition, Natural and man made disasters, financial melt downs and a world gone mad we can at least take comfort in the Republicans Wally World vision.....i can almost hear the elevator music now. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif St.

llotter
03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The situation is bad and I agree that this is no time for The Moron to pull his head out. His start was supremely confident but his every action only made matters worse...much worse for America.

It is entertaining to watch 'smart' people supporting such stupidity.

LWW
03-17-2011, 03:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thousands homeless in Japan
Libya in turmoil

Steve </div></div>

</div></div>

I actually agree with that.

Let me toss in what makes this story important in the context Steve used ... for 8 years the moonbat crazy left bleated incessantly every time Bush played golf or strummed a guitar.

Now they sit in self incriminating hypocritical silence.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Not to mention taking a few minutes to finish a meeting with school children before being rushed to AF1 to deal with another crisis.

When the earthquake hit Japan and Tsunami warnings went up, did Obama immediately rush to the office to deal with it?

And what specifically did he do about it?

I have watched the CEO of a major corporation in action. He rarely took direct action on different problems, but frequently had his executive staff handle the situation and report back to him.

The ability to delegate is one skill of a successful leader.

However, it is also important for a leader to give the impression of being in charge. In this case, that impression has not been created. But then, I don't see a lot of leadership qualities in our president. He is a fine campaigner, a great fund raiser, a reasonably good speaker. He can energize a crowd, but if you watch closely, it's obvious that he does not have a handle on the job he has been elected to do.

Steve

Steve

Soflasnapper
03-17-2011, 05:00 PM

Let me toss in what makes this story important in the context Steve used ... for 8 years the moonbat crazy left bleated incessantly every time Bush played golf or strummed a guitar.

So, the left was wrong to do that, and now, the right is right to do that, because the left did the wrong thing (first)?

This is more than slightly incoherent.

Look, if Bush's FEMA head 'heckofajob Brownie' had done his job properly (although his chief credential as a horse exhibit promoter meant he was probably incompetent at this starting from his politically motivated appointment), Bush would not have deserved the criticism for remaining oblivious on vacation celebrating McCain's birthday.

But Brownie didn't get his act together for a couple of days, and Bush REMAINED oblivious. His staff feared his harsh anger, and almost had to pick a sacrificial lamb to bring him the news of the prior couple days. Finally they decided the best way to get his attention was to string together a dvd recording some of the news reports for his viewing.

So criticism in that case was wholly warranted in my view. Not for the first time, W was awol and was shirking his responsibility to ensure that the executive branch he headed was responding swiftly.

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 05:22 PM
"Wally World".... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Now here is an odd?? bit of investment news????
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite crisis, yen rises sharply against dollar </div></div>
A country possibly facing a nuclear disaster, and that on top of the damage already caused by nature....I'd guess many of their manufacturing plants are damaged, and the huge costs, re: Debts, of rebuilding that they are facing while their ability to export goods is sharply curtailed.....?????
I'd sooner put my money on "snake eyes" at the craps tables, a 35/1 shot that pays 30/1....a much better bet then the Nikkei?
Makes one wonder though....how weak is the dollar viewed?
Can't they read the inscription "In God We Trust"
God is behind out monetary unit!!!

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

So, the left was wrong to do that, and now, the right is right to do that, because the left did the wrong thing (first)?

This is more than slightly incoherent.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Thank you. You have just put to bed the "But Bush did it" argument. Just because Bush spent money we didn't have, doesn't mean it's ok for Obama.</span>Look, if Bush's FEMA head 'heckofajob Brownie' had done his job properly (although his chief credential as a horse exhibit promoter meant he was probably incompetent at this starting from his politically motivated appointment),
<span style="color: #FF0000">Kinda like taking someone who's chief credential was being a community organizer in Chicago and making him president.</span>

</div></div>

If you could see how both parties act almost exactly the same, and do nearly the exact same things, why would you spend so much effort defending one side?

Steve

Sev
03-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Wow.
Took a Week for the sock puppet to address Japan Properly.

Oh and look a "No fly zone" was passed by the united nitwits.

Now we get to be dragged into another conflict or miss the window of opportunity. Meanwhile the rebels have been screaming where is Obama for over a week.

Khadafi in now hours a way from destroy opposition.

The antiwar left is going to despise Obama from committing troops. And if the window of opportunity is missed he will look even more of a dithering fool.

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
surely your post would fly better over on that other site?
You probably aren't aware that we don't really have a one man rule, even though GW Bush tried to institute same....(his claim that the Constitution was jes a piece of paper)
He is restricted by both sides from any rash, fly off the handle, decisions.
I also believe that the province to declare war, can only be approved by the Congress. He can however send in troops?

Sev
03-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Actually he is not.
The war powers act allows the president to commit troops without a declaration or war for 90 days.

Soflasnapper
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
When the earthquake hit Japan and Tsunami warnings went up, did Obama immediately rush to the office to deal with it?

His new chief of staff Daley called him at 4 am DC time to inform him, and O ordered the federal government response at that time. It could not have been a more timely immediate response.

Not to mention taking a few minutes to finish a meeting with school children before being rushed to AF1 to deal with another crisis.

This is mythology. The truth was so bad that the WH put out a false chronology, with Chief of Staff Andrew Card asserting on the one year anniversary that after W was told by him 'America is under attack,' W quickly left the room to order the national response.

Bill Sammon's book tells a different story, and more accurately. Sammon used to be a reporter for the Washington Times, and as such was in attendance there, and is a strong W acolyte. He is currently at some high level in Fox News. His book was an homage to W's great leadership. How did he describe the aftermath, after Card's caught-on-camera statement to W?

He called W's performance then 'the Dawdler-in-Chief.'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">daw·dle (dōdl)
v. daw·dled, daw·dling, daw·dles
v.intr.
1. To take more time than necessary: dawdled through breakfast.
2. To move aimlessly or lackadaisically: dawdling on the way to work.
v.tr.
To waste (time) by idling: dawdling the hours away. </div></div>

Why would W-admirer (and sycophant) Sammon say THAT about W?

'Cause that's what W did. As Sammon characterizes his actions, he was 'openly stretching out the moment.'

He didn't just wrap up with the children. He glad-handed all around the room afterwards, shaking hands with all present interested, even after the children were done, and even as the reporters had all already left the room because of what their beepers or Blackberries had told them. He POSED FOR SOUVENIR PHOTOS with several people, as many who wanted one. Although only the 7 minutes or so with the children got to the videotape we've seen, he spent still more time dawdling, according to even Sammon's haliographic account.

No wonder the official WH timeline put out by Card entirely lied about his quickly leaving the room within a scant few seconds. Rove said about the same thing, and this was so concerted a WH revisionist history effort that they apparently got one of the teachers to lie about the sequence of events.

See David Ray Griffin's 1st chapter in this Amazon preview of one of his books (http://books.google.com/books?id=O5DBxpfVBuUC&pg=PA4&lpg=PA4&dq=bill+sammon+dawdler+in+chief&source=bl&ots=6FM6hzOaS4&sig=fAtFnnBJXI7JzkauCA4Bbe8_HNk&hl=en&ei=epaCTcrSAs-G0QGZ47HECA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=bill%20sammon%20dawdler%20in%20chief&f=false) for a fully-footnoted and referenced account.