PDA

View Full Version : Ohioans: Incredible Buyers Remorse Over Repub Gov!

Gayle in MD
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/...-gov-kasich.php (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/ohioans-have-incredible-buyers-remorse-over-electing-union-busting-gov-kasich.php)

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Ohioans Having Incredible Buyers Remorse Over Gov. Kasich</span>

Just a few months into his first term, Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) appears to be immensely unpopular with his constituents, a clear majority of whom disapprove of his job performance, according to a PPP poll of registered voters. What's more, if a do-over election were held today Kasich would lose -- by a resounding 15-point margin.

Kasich barely defeated incumbent Gov. Ted Strickland (D) last November, winning by a slim 49% to 47%. But if they could do it all over again, 55% of voters now say they would vote for Strickland, while only 40% say they'd go with Kasich.

Kasich's short tenure has been marked by several mini-scandals, including an incident last month when he called a police officer who issued him a ticket an idiot -- three times, on camera. Then came the contentious budget debate, when he forcefully pushed for a bill to strip state employees of their collective bargaining rights. That bill goes even further than the one recently passed in Wisconsin, which prompted weeks of enormous protests and has sparked a recall petition for the state's republican senators.

Kasich's approval rating now appears to be deeply underwater. In the poll, only 35% of respondents said they approve of his job performance, while 54% sad they disapprove. In a University of Cincinnati poll released Monday, 30% approved of Kasich's job performance, compared to 52% who disapproved.

If there was any doubt that Kasich's showdown with unions irked his constituents, the PPP poll also addressed that issue, finding that voters overwhelmingly sided with the unions.

Nearly six in ten said they supported the unions in the budget battle, while 37% said they backed Kasich. And specifically, 54% said they would support repealing S.B. 5 -- the union-busting budget bill -- if it comes up for a vote next fall.

The PPP poll was conducted March 10-13 among 559 voters. It has a margin of error of 4.1%.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey you lefties! This is good news!

G.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Gimme a "D"

Gimme a "E"

Gimme an "M"

Gimme an "O"

Whaddya got??????

Steve

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Yes it is....I support collective bargaining, and believe workers should have the right to organize.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
It would be one thing if that was all they did. But the unions who are supposed to represent their members in negotiations with their employers have become political machines, using member's dues to support political candidates. This is way beyond the scope of their purpose.

I can understand how you would feel that way, though. Union organizers, like community organizers, and very good at campaigning and selling themselves to groups of people so they can take advantage of them for their own personal gain.

The more sheep you can round up, the more wool you can harvest from them.

Do you also believe in the right of workers to hold a job without being forced to join a union? If so, can you help me get a job as a driver for UPS?

Steve

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 07:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it is....I support collective bargaining, and believe workers should have the right to organize. </div></div>

Since when is that a right?

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 07:47 PM
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- *Eleanor Roosevelt

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes it is....I support collective bargaining, and believe workers should have the right to organize. </div></div>

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

So do I!

Unions helped to build the Middle Class. Without them, we'd still have sweat shops, child labor, dangerous working conditions.

This movement is growing by leaps and bounds.

I don't see it falling by the wayside.

I want to see teachers, firemen, policemen, all of the people who teach our kids, and protect our neighborhoods, to have every right to organize, negotiate, and be paid a decent salary. It is as much an issue of Freedom, as any other.

When My house catches on fire, I don't want a poorly paid, disgruntled, fireman, answering the call. These people are our neighbors, and they are the most important link to safety in our communities. I have always felt that teachers are not paid enough, and we lose the best of them to private industry, because they cannot make ends meet, on their salaries.

End Oil subsidies, instead. They are making record breaking profits.

G.

G.

G.

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 09:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests.[1] The right to freedom of association is recognized as a human right, a political freedom and a civil liberty.

Freedom of assembly and freedom of association may be used to distinguish between the freedom to assemble in public places and the freedom of joining an association. Freedom of assembly is often used in the context of the right to protest, while freedom of association is used in the context of labor rights and the right to collective bargaining, for example by joining a trade union. Freedom of assembly, as guaranteed in the Canadian Constitution and the Constitution of the United States, is interpreted to mean both the freedom to assemble and the freedom to join an association </div></div>

LWW
03-18-2011, 03:41 AM
I would love to see the methodology of this poll.

Here in a traditionally heavily democrook city ... the man is well thought of.

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests.[1] The right to freedom of association is recognized as a human right, a political freedom and a civil liberty.

Freedom of assembly and freedom of association may be used to distinguish between the freedom to assemble in public places and the freedom of joining an association. Freedom of assembly is often used in the context of the right to protest, while freedom of association is used in the context of labor rights and the right to collective bargaining, for example by joining a trade union. Freedom of assembly, as guaranteed in the Canadian Constitution and the Constitution of the United States, is interpreted to mean both the freedom to assemble and the freedom to join an association </div></div> </div></div>

Yes, it is a constitutional right, to assemble, create, and/or join any organization one wishes to join.

This attack on public sector unions, has no grounds, at all.

It isn't really connected to anything but a new Republican efort to throw elections, their supreme mission.

They are even trying to raise the voting age, to keep our young college students, (most of whom, vote for the Democratic Party Candidates,) from voting!

Same reason why they had O'Keefe, make that phony video! Trying to take Public radio, off the air, the same scam they used to get rid of ACORN. LIes and slander, has always been their campaigning method. They will stop at NOTHING, in their overreach for power.

The only true statement they made during the last campaign, and after, was when McConnell stated, quite clearly, that the main goal was to mke this President, a one term president.

They are clearly fascist, and everything they are doing right now, proves it.

Weaken the government, throw thhe public into poverty, and create a power structure, which allows for corporate/goverrnment collusion, with no obstruction, at all.

Hence, their deregulatory history, their wars sold on lies, for the benefit of corporations, politicizing the department Of justice, with their operatives, appointing corporate operatives to oversight agencies, nominating fascist Supreme Court Justices, posing as Christians, holding secret energy meetings to set our energy policies not for the common good, but for corporate profits, with no oversight, sending the message to Wall St., "No body's going to be watching" Pusing the couuntry into impotence, with unprecedented debts, and jos losses, it's The Shock Doctrine, the wealthy take over, the rest are pushed into poverty.

The wealthy have already taken over, now, all they have to do is weaken the power of the democratic vote, and everything Repiglicans have done, on every level of Government, is against the interests of the common good, and an all out empowerment, of corporate fascist thieves.

It's all so easy to document.

Reagan was fascist number one! In collusion with Freidman, fascist supreme. that was the beginning of the Attack on the Middle Class.

Even Nixon, wasn't as bad as Reagan, bceause it was easy to see through Nixon, so the next time, they hired an actor, who shared their fascist views, wrapped in the flag, waving a cross....!

G.

Qtec
03-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Its funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same reason why they had O'Keefe, make that phony video! </div></div>

When I posted the video that shows quite clearly that the video was editied to distort the truth, there was no respose from the RW ccb cabal.

I find it amazing that on the basis of a doctored video , the GOP would launch an attack on NPR, solely relying on false info.

Why have they not been called out?

Q

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 08:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its funny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same reason why they had O'Keefe, make that phony video! </div></div>

When I posted the video that shows quite clearly that the video was editied to distort the truth, there was no respose from the RW ccb cabal.

I find it amazing that on the basis of a doctored video , the GOP would launch an attack on NPR, solely relying on false info.

Q </div></div>

I have to blame the Democratic Leadership. They are far too quick to be spooked by the typical Republican smear tactics.

I think they have learned a lesson, this time. And also, I think this story is far from over, since O'Keefe is trying to get approved as the leader of a non profit organization! LMAO!

I understand there are tallks going on, to take a different tact, now that the fake has been exposed.

Your point about the CCB cabal here, is well taken. My best documentation, always ends up burried under RW Absurd BS, Like Hillary, for example!!! She said from the start, she was only going to serve ONE TERM. She said that all along!

Guess they are getting desperate! Seeing their own darling Tea Partieirs, demonstrating against their highly touted Republican Fascist Governors, has given them concerns, hence, the spamming has been shoved up to level RED... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.giflol...

G.

ugotda7
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Freedom of assembly, sometimes used interchangeably with the freedom of association, is the individual right to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue and defend common interests.[1] The right to freedom of association is recognized as a human right, a political freedom and a civil liberty.

Freedom of assembly and freedom of association may be used to distinguish between the freedom to assemble in public places and the freedom of joining an association. Freedom of assembly is often used in the context of the right to protest, while freedom of association is used in the context of labor rights and the right to collective bargaining, for example by joining a trade union. Freedom of assembly, as guaranteed in the Canadian Constitution and the Constitution of the United States, is interpreted to mean both the freedom to assemble and the freedom to join an association </div></div> </div></div>

Yes, it is a constitutional right, to assemble, create, and/or join any organization one wishes to join.

This attack on public sector unions, has no grounds, at all.

It isn't really connected to anything but a new Republican efort to throw elections, their supreme mission.

They are even trying to raise the voting age, to keep our young college students, (most of whom, vote for the Democratic Party Candidates,) from voting!

Same reason why they had O'Keefe, make that phony video! Trying to take Public radio, off the air, the same scam they used to get rid of ACORN. LIes and slander, has always been their campaigning method. They will stop at NOTHING, in their overreach for power.

The only true statement they made during the last campaign, and after, was when McConnell stated, quite clearly, that the main goal was to mke this President, a one term president.

They are clearly fascist, and everything they are doing right now, proves it.

Weaken the government, throw thhe public into poverty, and create a power structure, which allows for corporate/goverrnment collusion, with no obstruction, at all.

Hence, their deregulatory history, their wars sold on lies, for the benefit of corporations, politicizing the department Of justice, with their operatives, appointing corporate operatives to oversight agencies, nominating fascist Supreme Court Justices, posing as Christians, holding secret energy meetings to set our energy policies not for the common good, but for corporate profits, with no oversight, sending the message to Wall St., "No body's going to be watching" Pusing the couuntry into impotence, with unprecedented debts, and jos losses, it's The Shock Doctrine, the wealthy take over, the rest are pushed into poverty.

The wealthy have already taken over, now, all they have to do is weaken the power of the democratic vote, and everything Repiglicans have done, on every level of Government, is against the interests of the common good, and an all out empowerment, of corporate fascist thieves.

It's all so easy to document.

Reagan was fascist number one! In collusion with Freidman, fascist supreme. that was the beginning of the Attack on the Middle Class.

Even Nixon, wasn't as bad as Reagan, bceause it was easy to see through Nixon, so the next time, they hired an actor, who shared their fascist views, wrapped in the flag, waving a cross....!

G.

</div></div>

That one WISHES to join....get it? No, you still don't.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the terminally stupid.

ugotda7
03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its funny.

Q </div></div>

Yeah, those words on video coming out of that guy's mouth were fabricated.....how dumb can you be?

Liberalism is the philosophy of the terminally stupid.

Qtec
03-18-2011, 08:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how dumb can you be?</div></div>

Well, you have set the bar high. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The video has been totally debunked. its a typical O'Keefe cut and paste job.

Bit like this LOL.

link (http://videosift.com/video/Colbert-Robert-Wexler-talks-about-cocaine-and-prostitutes)

Q

Gayle in MD
03-19-2011, 06:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how dumb can you be?</div></div>

Well, you have set the bar high. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

The video has been totally debunked. its a typical O'Keefe cut and paste job.

Bit like this LOL.

link (http://videosift.com/video/Colbert-Robert-Wexler-talks-about-cocaine-and-prostitutes)

Q </div></div>

To be honest, even its original edited version, it didn't strike me as anything wrong. I agreed, and thought he was right on the money.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif