PDA

View Full Version : Wisc Dems Steadily Smashing Repubs in Recall

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 12:19 AM
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Conservatives: We Are Being Outworked And Out-Organized In Wisconsin Recall Campaigns </span>

WASHINGTON -- Both national and Wisconsin-based Republican operatives tell the Huffington Post the party is being dramatically outworked and out-organized by Democrats in the recall campaigns being launched against state Senators.

The operatives, who raised their concerns out of hope it would jar the GOP into assertiveness, argue complacency has taken over after Governor Scott Walker successfully shepherded his anti-collective bargaining bill into law. While the Wisconsin Democratic Party, with major assists from progressive groups and unions, has harnessed resentment towards the governor into a full-throttled effort to recall eight GOP Senators, neither the enthusiasm nor organizational acumen exists on the Republican side of the aisle.

“It's clear that Democrats and liberal organizations are engaging in an attempt to make recall more than a mere hypothetical possibility for some Wisconsin Republicans,” said Liz Mair, Vice President of Hynes Communications and former RNC Online Communications Director, who has worked closely with officials on the ground in Wisconsin. “Even though Governor Walker acted to end the impasse, Republicans and conservatives should not be acting like this is done and dusted.”

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>A conservative activist working inside the state on recall efforts was even more explicitly distraught. The Wisconsin Republican Party, the operative said, was not lending resources to the recall campaign groups had launched against Democratic Senators, in turn causing those groups to narrow their target list down from eight lawmakers to just three.</span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>"It would be nice if the Republican Party, operatives, etc, would step in with a little money,” said the activist,</span> who asked to remain nameless lest he draw the GOP even further away from the recall effort. “But they are talking about doing radio and I’m not sure that gets you signatures.”

“Sure, the first battle was won with the passing of the bill,” the activist added, “but the war is not won. If they come in and recall some of those state senators and none of the Democrats get knocked out, that’s not good for the republicans at all…it is a bit of a mystery to me. You would think they would want to make sure all these [recall] efforts are successful.”

The data bears out the notion of a disparity. Reid Magney, a spokesman for the non-partisan Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, described the recall efforts by Democrats against Republican state Senators as more organized than their counterparts. Whereas GOP-run recalls registered at different times and originated from a random spattering of groups--a Utah-based conservative organization was forced to find a partner inside Wisconsin to make its petitions legally acceptable--all of the Democratic activity has run through the state party.

“The recalls of Republicans [launched by Democrats] all came in on the same day, they are all organized by the same people, which is the Democratic party of Wisconsin. It’s not on the docs but it doesn’t have to be. The PO box is all the same,” said Magney. "The state GOP is not involved in the same way.”

The funding differences, it appears, are even more drastic than the organizational. While Mair pleaded for conservative groups to “raise and spend money in order ensure that those who pushed reform through aren't turfed out,” Democratic organizations claim to be swimming in a historic pool of funds.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Democracy for America, the group started by Howard Dean following his failed 2004 election, said it has raised nearly $800,000 to run ads and help with the recall campaign, which communications director Levana Layendecker described as “unprecedented for a non-election year issue.” In addition, 2,500 volunteers have signed up with DFA to help gather signatures. The group, with 25,000 members in Wisconsin alone, expects that number to only grow. </span>The Progressive Change Campaign Committee, along with DFA, is pouring massive resources into an ad campaign to keep momentum behind the recall efforts. Their efforts include a new spot focusing on three GOP state senators (Alberta Darling, Dan Kapanke and Randy Hopper).

Union groups, while legally prohibited from working with the Democratic Party on the recount, have still pushed to keep the issue front and center, as have a host of other progressive institutions.

“I think that the governor really did wake a sleeping giant,” said Justin Ruben, Executive Director of MoveOn.org. “People feel that what happened was not just a horrible attack but the courage of regular people standing up and getting in the way. That was what electrified folks. It was the first time we had seen anything like that.”

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey Lefties! Did the right bury this with yap yap, before you could see this?

G.

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Great post, and I admit I have not kept up on the bickering in Wi.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes! I am very excited about the growing pro union activities.

We Democratics definitely have the numbers on our side! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 07:48 PM
What's a democratic?

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- *Eleanor Roosevelt

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
there are no noun versions of the word,...therefore the best I can come up with is someone who believes in Democracy (for all)

LWW
03-18-2011, 03:43 AM
What is amazing is that we have people so poorly educated that they believe America is, or ever was, a democracy.

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 05:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are no noun versions of the word,...therefore the best I can come up with is someone who believes in Democracy (for all) </div></div>

So more harping on my choice of the word Democratic, to describe myself, and others in my party.

Republicans don't call themselves, Republics, do they...

They like to call Democratic voters, and members of my party, Democrats, yet take it a step further, calling my party, the Democrat Party.

I suppose they don't like the idea that it is called the Democratic Party???

Some are so ignorant, they refuse to acknowledge that while our country is is called a Republic, our Government is a Democracy.

When I was in school, we had classes, called "Problems of Democracy" Not "Problems of Republics"

There was a big push by the Republican Party, which started during the Reagan Administration, when Bonzo decided he didn't like the idea that our Party had the title, The Democratic Party
That launched one of the Republican's first efforts to separate the link of the word, "Democratic" from our party, and from our National Dialog.

Did Bush say he wanted to spread, "Republic" around the world?

Easy to understand why the Republicans, don't want us calling ourselves, "Democratics" nor our Nation, a Democracy, when their thrust is to destroy our Democracy, our individual rights and freedoms, as Americans, and turn us into a Fascist Nation.

They can deny Democracy till the cows come in, we ARE a Democracy, regardless of their own ignorance, or their wish to destroy our Democracy, beginning with their fascist efforts to remove the word from our national vernacular.

In the old times, people in the Democratic Party, called themselves, Democratics, not Democrats. I am a Democratic, a member of the Democratic Party. That irritated the "Republic" party. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif It seems it still does. But then, there are always hidden reasons for their retooling of words and language, after all, isn't that how we began calling, HUNGRY CHILDREN, FOOD CHALLENGED children?

I believe the "Republics" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif need to be held to account, for their dog whistle, code words, even if they have bastardized the language, and gotten away with it....our efforts to set things straight, will continue.

G.

Stretch
03-18-2011, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are no noun versions of the word,...therefore the best I can come up with is someone who believes in Democracy (for all) </div></div>

So more harping on my choice of the word Democratic, to describe myself, and others in my party.

They like to call Democratic voters, and members of my party, Democrats, yet take it a step further, calling my party, the Democrat Party.

Some are so ignorant, they refuse to acknowledge that while our country is is called a Republic, our Government is a Democracy.

When I was in school, we had classes, called "Problems of Democracy" Not "Problems of Republics"

There was a big push by the Republican Party, which started during the Reagan Administration, when Bonzo decided he didn't like the idea that our Party had the title, The Democratic Party
That launched one of the Republican's first efforts to separate the link of the word, "Democratic" from our party, and from our National Dialog.

Easy to understand why the Republicans, don't want us calling ourselves, "Democratics" nor our Nation, a Democracy, when their thrust is to destroy our Democracy, our individual rights and freedoms, as Americans, and turn us into a Fascist Nation.

They can deny Democracy till the cows come in, we ARE a Democracy, regardless of their own ignorance, or their wish to destroy our Democracy, beginning with their fascist efforts to remove the word from our national vernacular.

In the old times, people in the Democratic Party, called themselves, Democratics, not Democrats. I am a Democratic, a member of the Democratic Party. That irritated the "Republic" party. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif It seems it still does. But then, there are always hidden reasons for their retooling of words and language, after all, isn't that how we began calling, HUNGRY CHILDREN, FOOD CHALLENGED children?

I believe the "Republics" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif need to be held to account, for their dog whistle, code words, even if they have bastardized the language, and gotten away with it....our efforts to set things straight, will continue.

G.

</div></div>

Great post Gayle. Their language seems to be a way of distancing themselves from the public will. Rewind, reuse, refuse, rework, rewrite. Republic, anything but Democracy. St.

Gayle in MD
03-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks, Stretch,
Yes, the Neocons think they can change anything, and everything, particularly when they are hiding their illegal activities, and then, even the Constitution, is subject to their interpretations, regardless of how absurd they are.

Remember Dick Cheney, trying to deny that the office Of the Vice President, was part of the executive branch!!!! Of course, they had already politicized the entire Department of Justice, before they tried to pull it off....

The Office of Vice President Dick Cheney told an agency within the National Archives that for purposes of securing classified information, the Vice President's office is not an 'entity within the executive branch' according to a letter released Thursday by the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
"The Oversight Committee has learned that over the objections of the National Archives, you exempted the Office of the Vice President from the presidential executive order that establishes a uniform, government-wide system for safeguarding classified national security information," Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), the Committee's chairman, wrote in a letter to Cheney. "Your decision to exempt your office from the President's order is problematic because it could place national security secrets at risk. It is also hard to understand given the history of security breaches involving officials in your office."

Waxman noted that Cheney's office had declared itself not affected by an executive order amended by President George W. Bush in 2003 regarding classification and declassification of government materials.

"Your position was that your office 'does not believe it is included in the definition of 'agency' as set forth in the Order' and 'does not consider itself an 'entity within the executive branch' that comes into the possession of classified information,'" a National Archives official claims Cheney chief of staff David Addington wrote to him.

The Vice President's office's refusal to comply with the executive order and the National Archives's request prompted the National Archives to file a complaint with the Attorney General's office. But the Justice Department has not followed up on the Archives's request.

In response, Waxman issued a set of questions to which he requested answers by July 12.

The full set of documents from Waxman's office can be found at the Oversight Committee's website.

Obviously, we've seen several decades during which the Repiglicans have navigated as though they are above the law, and because they fire everyone who isn't a political operative, from every agency in Washington D.C., and elsewhere, so they can cover up their illegal, unAMerican activities, they get away with murder, literally. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

G.

Sev
03-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Looks like an anti war group is about to join them. That should effectively kill the message quickly.

llotter
03-20-2011, 08:20 AM
Our hero, LWW, certainly gained his leadership through intelligent, steady, persistent postings that were short and to the point but if word-count were a consideration, Gayle's verbose comments should allow her to rest in peace as the left's leader for the foreseeable future.

There is a reason why word-count always defines the arguments from the Left and that is because being without logic or common sense, long explanations are required in the only hope they have, that their audience will become overwhelmed by the noise of the loudening agitprop. Words as noise has proved to be effective in defeating truth, in substituting political correctness for reality, in undermining language the method of intellectual progress in favor of organized crowds with megaphones and senseless chants.

Sev
03-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Excellent post!

LWW
03-20-2011, 10:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our hero, LWW, certainly gained his leadership through intelligent, steady, persistent postings that were short and to the point but if word-count were a consideration, Gayle's verbose comments should allow her to rest in peace as the left's leader for the foreseeable future.

There is a reason why word-count always defines the arguments from the Left and that is because being without logic or common sense, long explanations are required in the only hope they have, that their audience will become overwhelmed by the noise of the loudening agitprop. Words as noise has proved to be effective in defeating truth, in substituting political correctness for reality, in undermining language the method of intellectual progress in favor of organized crowds with megaphones and senseless chants. </div></div>

Thank you, but it is the message ... that of truth ... which is the hero.

I am not the message, I am merely the conduit for the truth's delivery.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2011, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our hero, LWW, certainly gained his leadership through intelligent, steady, persistent postings that were short and to the point but if word-count were a consideration, Gayle's verbose comments should allow her to rest in peace as the left's leader for the foreseeable future.

There is a reason why word-count always defines the arguments from the Left and that is because being without logic or common sense, long explanations are required in the only hope they have, that their audience will become overwhelmed by the noise of the loudening agitprop. Words as noise has proved to be effective in defeating truth, in substituting political correctness for reality, in undermining language the method of intellectual progress in favor of organized crowds with megaphones and senseless chants. </div></div>

LMAO, I wrote three paragraphs, small ones at that. The bolded print, is from an article, and BTW, you only had to write one sentence, in order for all of us from the left to know the pitiful condition of your mind and lack of values, when you praised a cowardly murderer..

Much like Steve's grossly misogynistic sentence, we knew exactly who you were after that one sentence.

I know I am speaking for my Liberal friends here, when I make that statement.

G.

Soflasnapper
03-20-2011, 12:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is amazing is that we have people so poorly educated that they believe America is, or ever was, a democracy. </div></div>

Maybe that's because the people are always told we are a representative democracy, and that appears to be the case?

Not a pure democracy, but this form of a democracy. You know, the thing we are advocating for when we talk about 'spreading democracy' or urging autocratic governments to be 'more democratic.' NOT pure democracy, but its representative republic form.

Soflasnapper
03-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Our hero, LWW, certainly gained his leadership through intelligent, steady, persistent postings that were short and to the point [...]

Some say brevity is the soul of wit. If so, LWW's brief commentaries (oh dear; oh my) are so brief as to be half-witted.

Note, NOT a characterization of LWW, but of his commentaries, which often are contradicted by the very sources he's linking to with an incorrect and sometimes incoherent take.

llotter
03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
There are few on the right who can both make the cogent argument as effectively as yourself and withstand the attacks as gentlemanly as you manage to do.

Just thinking about those WI Dems protesting as loudly and as in-your-face as is occurring in Madison, how would anyone be able to negotiate an 'arms length' agreement with the implied threat that these union thugs represent? Of course, it is difficult enough in private industry when business survival is at stake, but in the public sector where there is no competition and a forced customer base, it must be nearly impossible.

ugotda7
03-20-2011, 05:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">there are no noun versions of the word,...therefore the best I can come up with is someone who believes in Democracy (for all) </div></div>

G.

</div></div>

TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is amazing is that we have people so poorly educated that they believe America is, or ever was, a democracy. </div></div>

Maybe that's because the people are always told we are a representative democracy, and that appears to be the case?

Not a pure democracy, but this form of a democracy. You know, the thing we are advocating for when we talk about 'spreading democracy' or urging autocratic governments to be 'more democratic.' NOT pure democracy, but its representative republic form. </div></div>

We became a de facto democracy when the COTUS was modified to deny the states a voice in national gubmint.

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our hero, LWW, certainly gained his leadership through intelligent, steady, persistent postings that were short and to the point [...]

Some say brevity is the soul of wit. If so, LWW's brief commentaries (oh dear; oh my) are so brief as to be half-witted.

Note, NOT a characterization of LWW, but of his commentaries, which often are contradicted by the very sources he's linking to with an incorrect and sometimes incoherent take. </div></div>

That's funny.

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are few on the right who can both make the cogent argument as effectively as yourself and withstand the attacks as gentlemanly as you manage to do.

Just thinking about those WI Dems protesting as loudly and as in-your-face as is occurring in Madison, how would anyone be able to negotiate an 'arms length' agreement with the implied threat that these union thugs represent? Of course, it is difficult enough in private industry when business survival is at stake, but in the public sector where there is no competition and a forced customer base, it must be nearly impossible. </div></div>

The thing to understand is that the screamers are usually well intended folks ... but are also programmed bots.

IOW, they honestly believe they are doing the right thing.

As Reagan so wittily put it: "It's not that the left are bad people, it's that so much of what they 'KNOW' is wrong."

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH </span>

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH </span>

G. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

</div></div>

TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. </div></div>

It is amazing how she comments on nearly every ppost by some members while swearing she never reads them ... using the excuse that woofie fails a report to her daily.

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 03:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">using the excuse that woofie fails a report to her daily. </div></div>
"fails"???? ...as written, that sentence makes little sense....probably some "code"?
I do often email her, but hardly ever mention the board,... except to use the cryptic.... WTF?
Yes, surprisingly there are more important, more pleasant things to discuss privately, then you, and the AZB takeover crew. I know that might not sit well with your ego, but I often post here, just to pass the time,... while this seems to be something very important in your life? I guess a lot of people want to be thought of , like a Rush L., or Bill O.????
If you ever check the members online numbers, you might notice that instead of attracting new members as Sev claimed you would; the membership has declined dramatically. I'm about to join the
ones that decided that "they were madder'n hell and couldn't take it any more"
Trying to Google that old quote, I scanned through the "Network"
script....and damn if that doesn't read like Fox News.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2011, 10:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">using the excuse that woofie fails a report to her daily. </div></div>
"fails"???? ...as written, that sentence makes little sense....probably some "code"?
I do often email her, but hardly ever mention the board,... except to use the cryptic.... WTF?
Yes, surprisingly there are more important, more pleasant things to discuss privately, then you, and the AZB takeover crew. I know that might not sit well with your ego, but I often post here, just to pass the time,... while this seems to be something very important in your life? I guess a lot of people want to be thought of , like a Rush L., or Bill O.????
If you ever check the members online numbers, you might notice that instead of attracting new members as Sev claimed you would; the membership has declined dramatically. I'm about to join the
</div></div>

So far, llotter has two heroes, a murderer, and LWW.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

ugotda7
03-21-2011, 10:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">using the excuse that woofie fails a report to her daily. </div></div>
</div></div>

So far, llotter has two heroes, a murderer, and LWW.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

How lady like....murderer?

PO...................?