PDA

View Full Version : Top Repub Doner Arrested On 12 Felony Counts

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 12:45 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/timothy-durham-indicted-f_n_836838.html

INDIANAPOLIS An Indianapolis businessman and top Republican donor has been indicted on charges stemming from an investigation into whether he operated a Ponzi scheme to defraud investors of hundreds of millions of dollars.

FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says Timothy Durham was arrested at his home in West Hollywood, Calif., without incident Wednesday morning.

U.S. Attorney spokeswoman Mary Bippus says a press conference is scheduled Wednesday in Indianapolis.

The Indianapolis Star reports Durham and two others have been indicted on 12 felony counts including wire fraud and securities fraud.

A Securities and Exchange Commission complaint filed Wednesday accuses all three of defrauding about 5,000 investors of about $230 million through Durham's Akron, Ohio-based Fair Finance Co.

The FBI raided Fair Finance and the offices of Durham's Indianapolis-based Obsidian Enterprises in November 2009.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 06:05 AM
If he is found guilty, he deserves his punishment.

Steve

llotter
03-17-2011, 06:28 AM
It's funny that you dig up these news stories that identify party affiliation with criminal activity when the only reason that it becomes a 'news story' is because the party is Republican. Most criminals are Democrats/Liberals and so the lefties seldom bother connecting party to to the crime. It is only the exception that makes it a story.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Have a misspelling in my heading...should be donor...

Qtec
03-17-2011, 07:55 AM
The reason is just to point out the hypocrisy of the 'God Party'.

They use religion as a political tool.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>'Vote for me I'm a family man and I go to church every Sunday.'</span> [ except when I am playing golf or FKG my 20 yrs younger bit on the side ]

Q

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 08:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The reason is just to point out the hypocrisy of the 'God Party'.

They use religion as a political tool.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>'Vote for me I'm a family man and I go to church every Sunday.'</span> [ except when I am playing golf or FKG my 20 yrs younger bit on the side ]

Q

</div></div>

Now Q., you know, as it has been explained by the NEWT, it's only their Patriotism and tireless overworking, that leads them to inappropriate un-zipping.

Such hypocritical fakes! Truly disgusting.

g.

Qtec
03-17-2011, 08:10 AM
One word.....Vitter.

Why is he still in office?

Answer....republican hypocrisy.

Q

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One word.....Vitter.

Why is he still in office?

Answer....republican hypocrisy.

Q </div></div>

Vitter
Sanford
Gingrich
Ensign
Boehner
Bush one

And thats just a few of them....

They either refuse to answer any questions, like Bush one, and Boehner, or they get a pass, when caught red handed, because God, forgave them, so they just ignore calls for them to resign.

LMAO! What a crock!

G.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Blah, Blah, Blah.

If you can't see the hypocrisy, or the difference in the numbers, it's because you're part of the gang.

But then, how does one justify harping about the Constitution, and Freedom, and liberty, while praising murderers, who don't respect the laws of our country, OR the constitution.

You have no credibility with me, at all.

G.

As I have stated all along, neither party is perfect. Each of us chooses one, which demonstrated our values, the most.

Over the last forty plus years, Republicans, Beginning with Nixon, and straight through to the CHIMP, have lied their asses off, broiken law after law, posed as God Loving Christians, while they have stolen for the M.D. and the poor, and the ill, including children, to cozy up to the polluting pigs in this world, Big Pharma, HC Insurance, Energy polluters, constantly handing the bill for Grand theft by the wealothy, including their subsidies for polluters, over to the rest oof us.

There was a time when the Republican party, had some people with conscience, and honor,.... statesmen, who understood what the words, "For the common good," mean, and had some dignity.

Those days are long gone, and have been since the likes of Nixon and Reagan and the BUSH DIE-NASTY bunch of terrorist friendly, dirty oil thieves. And NOTHING turns me off more than their BS "christian, Family Values BS, while they spread fear and hatred among Americans, and demonize others, out of their quest to manipulate the Christian coalition, while they are screwing around on their wives, or bashing Gays, while hiding their own homosexuality, in the closet.

Additionally, they are the pollution supporters, the rapest surpporters, the misogynists, approving and PRAISING Murderers, and spwaning racists to once again think they are entitled, to be racists.

No other groups, in history, has damaged this world, annd hurt it's people, as much as the REPUBLICAN PARTY, THE GRAND OIL PARTY!
G.

llotter
03-17-2011, 11:55 AM
it is illogical to extrapolate the specific to the general. One Republican is guilty therefore every Republican is guilty. It's too late to get smart so just get serious.

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
I believe the wrongdoings of the "left" have been well documented, in the media, but maybe not discussed here, to everybody's satisfaction. As the old saying goes "power corrupts......."
Since the recent "scandals" center on the right, that brings those stories to the forefront. I suppose in commenting on a current corruption, revelation, we could include a story about Boss Tweed, Richard Daley,or Huey Long, for some "balance"

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the wrongdoings of the "left" have been well documented, in the media, but maybe not discussed here, to everybody's satisfaction. As the old saying goes "power corrupts......."
Since the recent "scandals" center on the right, that brings those stories to the forefront. I suppose in commenting on a current corruption, revelation, we could include a story about Boss Tweed, Richard Daley,or Huey Long, for some "balance"

</div></div>

You're kidding right?

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 12:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/timothy-durham-indicted-f_n_836838.html

INDIANAPOLIS An Indianapolis businessman and top Republican donor has been indicted on charges stemming from an investigation into whether he operated a Ponzi scheme to defraud investors of hundreds of millions of dollars.

FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller says Timothy Durham was arrested at his home in West Hollywood, Calif., without incident Wednesday morning.

U.S. Attorney spokeswoman Mary Bippus says a press conference is scheduled Wednesday in Indianapolis.

The Indianapolis Star reports Durham and two others have been indicted on 12 felony counts including wire fraud and securities fraud.

A Securities and Exchange Commission complaint filed Wednesday accuses all three of defrauding about 5,000 investors of about $230 million through Durham's Akron, Ohio-based Fair Finance Co.

The FBI raided Fair Finance and the offices of Durham's Indianapolis-based Obsidian Enterprises in November 2009.
</div></div>

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- *Eleanor Roosevelt

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the wrongdoings of the "left" have been well documented, in the media, but maybe not discussed here, to everybody's satisfaction. As the old saying goes "power corrupts......."

</div></div>

LOL, well, the right thinks it's fine to disgrace the Kennedy Family, who lost three in service to our country.

With them, nothing is beyond their slander, nothing and no one.

We know how many years after George Bush was installed into the presidency, that they blamed Bill Clinton, for Bush's incompetence, refusing to even acknowledge what all econnoomists say, that Bill Clinton left this country better off than any of the Republican presidents of recent history, including their Omniputant RR, who was as big a fascist and liar as all the rest.

The fact is, we haven't seen Democratics showing their lack of honor, in their FAMILY MATTERS, if you will, in recent years, like we have the Republicans, including hding their homosexuality in the closet, and alas, even the Catholic church has proven their leaders, to be not only corrupt, but repulsively corrupt, to the point that they should all be in jail!!!

Nearly every day, I read of another Republican LIAR or CROOK, Conservatives Without Conscience! Just as John dean, AND Barry Goldwater, were writing, together, before Goldwater died.

Freidman and Reagan, were fascists, as was Margaret Thatcher, and the poverty, and misery and redistribution that they all left in their wake, is a matter of historical proof!

I would NEVER vote for a Republican, because they have no honor, at all.

G.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it is illogical to extrapolate the specific to the general. One Republican is guilty therefore every Republican is guilty. It's too late to get smart so just get serious. </div></div>

Most of them are no good. There are a few good ones, but they never last long, dealing with the absurdity of Republican policies, carved out by the vast number of big spenders, in their party, who have no conscience.

It is about policies. I, just like an other voter, vote for the candidates who share my values.

NONE OF THEM ARE REPULBLICANS!

I do not respect opinions and policies of those who do not respect, the separation of church and state, who demonze Gays, women, ethnic groups, subsidize polluting pigs, and thieves, with my tax dollars, while they try to protect the No Bid war profiteering scum, even when they kidnap, and rape one of our women, in harms way, and then keep her from sueing the company whose incompetence and ideology led to her rape, her rights denied, by every Republican, all of whom voted to block her from having her day in court, including the RW fascist Supreme Court.

They also voted against giving more asistance to our wounded soldiers and their families, when they came home. Totally against my principles.

Voted to end unemployment, for all of our citizens, who had been robbed by Wall St., robbed by pharmaceuticals, robbed by health Insurance CEO's, all of which, is completely against my principles.

Hence, I would never vote for a Republican.
They are fascist, in their policies, and repulsive to my principles.

The last decent, honest Republican President was Eisenhower, and he himself, warned us of the coming bunch of war profiteers, the Military/Congressional/Industrial Complex, that would follow him, and he was so right!

(He removed the word, congressional at the last minute, because he didn't want to leave office, offending his party members)

G.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 02:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOL, well, the right thinks it's fine to disgrace the Kennedy Family, who lost three in service to our country.

G.

</div></div>

Well, since you bring it up, I guess getting drunk and driving a young lady to her death by driving off a bridge and leaving her to die really didn't do much to disgrace the family. Shall we talk about some of the alcohol induced crimes in Palm Beach?

Steve

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

This is all that I see of your posts. You are wasting your time. I have absolutely NO interest in anything you have to say, or write, about anything, EVER.

I'd appreciate it if you would stop stalking every post I write.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Of course you don't want to read my posts. They point out what a hypocrite you are.

Steve