PDA

View Full Version : Repub Lawmaker Blames 11 Year Old Gang Rape Victim

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 01:45 AM
<span style="color: #990000"> What is it about Republicans? I would really like to know, what is wrong with these heartless people.

This is outrageous, and this sicko woman, should be removed from office.

The first headline I saw on this story, didn't indicate which party this idiot woman belonged to, so why did I KNOW, right away, that it would be another archaic, Republican woman, who had displayed such overwhelming ignorance, and cruelty!!!

Add this to my Republicans For Rape series.

REPULSIVE!!!! </span>

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>Republican lawmaker blames 11-year-old victim of alleged gang rape</span>

Elected officials should know better than to blame the victim of a sex crime.

While it's a common tactic of abusers, it's something no one expected of Republican Florida state Rep. Kathleen Passidomo.

During debate over a bill that would legislate a dress code for Florida students, Passidomo blamed the alleged gang raping of an 11-year-old in Cleveland, Texas on the way the young girl was dressed.

"There was an article about an 11 year old girl who was gangraped in Texas by 18 young men because she was dressed like a 21-year-old prostitute," Passidomo declared.

"And her parents let her attend school like that. And I think itís incumbent upon us to create some areas where students can be safe in school and show up in proper attire so what happened in Texas doesnít happen to our students," she added.

Broward/Palm Beach New Times' Brandon Thorp was shocked.

"Whoa!" he wrote. "As a genus, politicians aren't the brightest wicks in the candelabra, but they usually possess sufficient self-awareness to shield the public from the horrorshows of their minds. Blaming the rape of an 11-year-old girl on her parents' sense of fashion -- and to do so out loud -- smacks of rank amateurism."

At a civc meeting in Cleveland following the crime, local residents there had also placed blame on the girl.

"Many who attended the meeting said they supported the group of men and boys who have been charged in the case," The Associated Press reported. "Supporters didn't claim that the men and boys did not have sex with the young girl; instead they blamed the girl for the way she dressed or claimed she must have lied about her age ó accusations that have drawn strong responses from those who note an 11-year-old cannot consent to sex and that it doesn't matter how she was dressed."

Even a New York Times article on the alleged rape was widely criticized for lack of balance.

"[Residents] said she dressed older than her age, wearing makeup and fashions more appropriate to a woman in her 20s," the Times reported.

"These elements, creating an impression of concern for the perpetrators and an impression of a provocative victim, led many readers to interpret the subtext of the story to be: she had it coming," Times public editor Arthur Brisbane noted several days later.

"We live in a society that continues to blame and shame victims of sexual assault," Kelly Boros, communications manager of the Houston Area Womenís Center, told El Gato Media Network.

"It is disheartening but not surprising to see rape myths perpetuated in the news; sometimes subtly and sometimes blatantly."

https://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-nat...ang-rape-victim (https://www.examiner.com/democrat-in-national/republican-lawmaker-blames-11-year-old-texas-gang-rape-victim)

Tuesday, Florida state Rep. Kathleen Passidomo shocked colleagues and other observers. Speaking on the state house floor Passidomo made the outrageous claim that a little girl in Texas was gang raped because of the way she was dressed.

Passidimo, a Republican, was speaking in favor of a House bill that would mandate schools adopt dress codes. Known as the "sagging pants" bill, the legislation would require school districts to adopt a dress code that prohibits students from "wearing clothing that exposes underwear or body parts in an indecent or vulgar manner." Passidimo, in speaking in favor of the bill, said the following:

"There was an article about an 11 year old girl who was gang raped in Texas by 18 young men because she was dressed like a 21-year-old prostitute," she said. "And her parents let her attend school like that. And I think itís incumbent upon us to create some areas where students can be safe in school and show up in proper attire so what happened in Texas doesnít happen to our students."

Passidino actually made the astonishing and outrageous claim that an 11 year old was gang raped because of the way she was dressed. Passidino all but said the little girl deserved to be raped because of her supposed inappropriate attire and presentation.

The brutal and disturbing gang rape of an 11 year old girl has divided the community of Cleveland, Texas, and sparked a national conversation. In Cleveland, eighteen community members are now under arrest, accused of sexually assaulting the girl at an abandoned mobile home. Yet to the astonishment of outsiders, many community members are blaming the 11 year old victim.

And just like some of those community members, Passidimo is also blaming the victim, a little 11 year old girl, for being the victim of this most heinous crime. When will Passidimo and others like her learn? The way a woman or a young girl dresses is a justification for nothing. There is never an excuse or justification for rape. The fact that this is the rape of a child only magnifies the hideous nature of the crime.

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 08:56 AM
When will the sheep understand that one person, who writes for a Newspaper, does not speak for the entire organization?

It would be great if once someone here is put on ignore, you didn't see their threads, at all. I find it discouraging to have to be reminded of the vat ignorance, in this country, everytime I sign on.

I see yet another example of ignorance, and RW faulty thinking, in the form of a mocking, opposing thread title, to my thread, written by one of the RW deniers, which is completely dishonest, and disingenuous.

Is there any wonder they're so confused, when they don't even understand that one person, who writes for a newspaper, does not speak for the entire newspaper?

Typical Faux Noise, Limbaugh/Beck/Palin, style, diversion from the issue.

Some sheep never change.

G.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 10:27 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will the sheep understand that one person, who writes for a Newspaper, does not speak for the entire organization?

G.

</div></div>

Probably about the same time that you understand that one Republican does not speak for the entire party.
Maybe when you understand that one TP member doesn't speak for the entire TPM.

You are the absolute worst on this board for condemning an entire group of people for the actions of a few. And the sad thing is you don't even see it.

Imagine if one were to judge all democrats based on the incessent ranting and rambling done by one individual who posts on this forum! Should they assume that all Democrats are radical left wing fanatics???????????????

Steve

sack316
03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
1)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will the sheep understand that one person, who writes for a Newspaper, does not speak for the entire organization?
</div></div>
2)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Republican lawmaker <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>(Note, singular form is used)</span></span> blames 11-year-old victim of alleged gang rape</div></div>
3)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What is it about Republicans? I would really like to know, what is wrong with these heartless people.</div></div>

Agree with you in the spirit of your post, just hoping for some consistency in application of #1 above.

Sack

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style="color: #FF0000">When will the sheep understand that one person, who writes for a Newspaper, does not speak for the entire organization?</span></span>It would be great if once someone here is put on ignore, you didn't see their threads, at all. I find it discouraging to have to be reminded of the vat ignorance, in this country, everytime I sign on.

I see yet another example of ignorance, and RW faulty thinking, in the form of a mocking, opposing thread title, to my thread, written by one of the RW deniers, which is completely dishonest, and disingenuous.

Is there any wonder they're so confused, when they don't even understand that one person, who writes for a newspaper, does not speak for the entire newspaper?

Typical Faux Noise, Limbaugh/Beck/Palin, style, diversion from the issue.

Some sheep never change.

G.

</div></div>

The stupidity of the red text above in light of your threads, this one in particular is so dense in stupidity that it just might create a black hole.

PO...............?

ugotda7
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people." -- *Eleanor Roosevelt

wolfdancer
03-17-2011, 01:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Imagine if one were to judge all democrats based on the incessent ranting and rambling done by one individual who posts on this forum! Should they assume that all Democrats are radical left wing fanatics??????????????? </div></div>
Well, if there were in fact, such a person here; all others of a similar bent might then be considered guilty by association.
But thank the deity (however you perceive Him to be) that individuals here are still free to express their opinions and ideas, even though they may differ from the consensus.

eg8r
03-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Every victim should be relieved of all their bad decisions, especially if that person is female. Right?

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will the sheep understand that one person, who writes for a Newspaper, does not speak for the entire organization?
</div></div>
2)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Republican lawmaker <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>(Note, singular form is used)</span></span> blames 11-year-old victim of alleged gang rape</div></div>
3)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What is it about Republicans? I would really like to know, what is wrong with these heartless people.</div></div>

Agree with you in the spirit of your post, just hoping for some consistency in application of #1 above.

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
I can't create it for you, you know. I consistantly see and read things about Republicans that repulse me.

Just like you, and anyone else, I judge lawmakers, according to their bahavior, but most of all, their policies.

Republicans legislate through a prism of misogyny, racism, sexism, and seek to dictate to others, according to their religious beliefs.

I find all of that competely repulsive, and I do not see the current Democratic Party, voting to support that kind of attack, on the rights of others.

This woman, is only one of a whole list of Republicans who support RAPE, and defend it, as they demonzie the victim.

I've posted about this before.

With the links!

I don't make this stuff up, it's all true, I see it right on C-Span everry night.

And, it isn't just their social positions, which I find completely offensive, but their fascist economic policies, as well.

Also, I'm tired of anyone suggesting that I think Democratics are perfect. I have never said that. However, I find their policies, represent my values, one of the most important, is governing with concern for the common good, and taking polluting pigs to task...for the filth they spread in our environment, which Democratics TRY to do, and which Repulicans vote against every time!!!

In fact, EVERYTHING Republicans stand for, is against my principles, completely!

G.

sack316
03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Your opinions are fine and welcome. And maybe you're right, I'm sure republicans spend much of their time just trying to figure out how the heck we can get more folks raped around here. And hence forth any lawmaker who proposes a school dress code, and uses safety of children as a reason, officially must be blaming the victim in cases such as this. (for the record, I'm against such legal requirements. And though I'm sure Passidomo's intentions were not quite as you are interpreting them to be, she didn't need to be chiming in on this).

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-17-2011, 01:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sack316</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your opinions are fine and welcome. And maybe you're right, I'm sure republicans spend much of their time just trying to figure out how the heck we can get more folks raped around here. And hence forth any lawmaker who proposes a school dress code, and uses safety of children as a reason, officially must be blaming the victim in cases such as this. (for the record, I'm against such legal requirements. And though I'm sure Passidomo's intentions were not quite as you are interpreting them to be, she didn't need to be chiming in on this).

Sack </div></div>

Sack,
This is far from the first time that Republicans have voted to protect rapists, and blame the victims.

I'm sure you know that. I've posted the truth.

And this woman, regardless of how you are trying to minimize what she did, was blaming the girls clothes!!!! for having been gang raped by eighteen men!

There is absolutely NO excuse for what she said.

She should resign, for making those comments, and I hope that girl's family, sues the hell out of her! That was outrageous!

G.

pooltchr
03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

and I hope that girl's family, sues the hell out of her! That was outrageous!

G. </div></div>

I nominate this one for stupid suggestion of the week!

While we're at it, why not sue the police department for not protecting her. And we can sue the company that made the clothes she was wearing. Let's not forget the company that made the car the men drove to the scene of the crime.

Heck...let's just sue everybody for everything! After all, it's just another way of redistributing wealth, isn't it???????????

Steve

LWW
03-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks for confirming you read every thread and post that I make dearheart.

I knew you couldn't quit me.