PDA

View Full Version : Remembering 9/11/01--- one year later

Ralph S.
09-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Many prayers and thoughts with the families of those that perished that dreadful day one year ago. Reflecting back after a year, has anyones feelings changed in some way? Maybe you might be more patriotic, more cautious out in public or large public events, maybe more angry than you were a year ago. I would like to know as I am curious and that my feelings have changed in some aspects as I am sure many others has too. I know that there are several New Yorkers that are are regular to the CCB and could maybe give some idea of tributes going on there.
Ralph S.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2002, 09:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ralph S.:</font><hr> Many prayers and thoughts with the families of those that perished that dreadful day one year ago. Reflecting back after a year, has anyones feelings changed in some way? Maybe you might be more patriotic, more cautious out in public or large public events, maybe more angry than you were a year ago. I would like to know as I am curious and that my feelings have changed in some aspects as I am sure many others has too. I know that there are several New Yorkers that are are regular to the CCB and could maybe give some idea of tributes going on there.
Ralph S. <hr></blockquote>

I'm just as mad as I was last year.

Today, instead of Americans dreading another imminent attack, the military should mark the anniversary by sending a missle down Saddam's chinmey, or at least bombing his military structure to smithereens.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2002, 11:01 AM
I work at 26 Federal Plaza, 6 blocks away from the WTC. Yesterday we had our memorial ceremony. Today from my window (I work on the 40th Fl), I can see a memorial going on in front of the courts. Down at Ground Zero which I can also see from my window on the other side of my building, former Mayor Guliani read aloud the names of the 2,081 victims, Governor Pataki recited the Gettysburg address, the families of the victims that perished walked down the ramp to the bedrock of where the WTC once stood and placed a rose down there. An eternal flame was lit. And later on, President Bush will be there at about 4:30ish to pay his respects. I'm going there after work.

Eric.
09-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Ralph,

I just got into work, we had a delayed opening due to the 9-11 memorial. I didn't go to ground zero, I think the feelings would be too overwhelming-not feelings of self pity, feelings for the families of people I knew, that lost someone.

To my friend Gary Frank- shoot pool for all of eternity, your daughter is being looked after.

To everyone at Cantor Fitzgerald that I've become aquainted with through work- God bless.

Eric &gt;Lest We Forget

CarolNYC
09-11-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi Ralph,
I think we all share prayers and thoughts and I thank you for yours-many,many ceremonies are going on-I woke up at 4 am to the sound of bagpipes playing-they were marching from each borough to Manhatten-fighter planes are flying overhead(right at this moment)-we are in CODE ORANGE-high alert-but to answer your question-we live for one another-we will fight back and FEAR IS NOT AN OPTION!You take care!
Carol

PQQLK9
09-11-2002, 01:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Today, instead of Americans dreading another imminent attack, the military should mark the anniversary by sending a missle down Saddam's chinmey, or at least bombing his military structure to smithereens. <hr></blockquote>

That's what Poppa George should have done years ago but isn't Bin Laden the culprit this time...after all Baby George said he was gonna "smoke'em out"

Wally_in_Cincy
09-11-2002, 01:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr>
That's what Poppa George should have done years ago but isn't Bin Laden the culprit this time...after all Baby George said he was gonna "smoke'em out" <hr></blockquote>

Howdy Dawg,

You're right Bush 41 shoulda done it. I remember Scharzkopf standing there pointing at a map sayin' "This is us. This is Baghdad and they're ain't nothin' between us."

I think they already got most of Bin Laden's boys (or at least all the ones they could find). I just think it would send a message to all the wannabe Hitlers of the world if we chose today, Sept. 11, to give Saddam some hellfire from the sky. Symbolic? Yes. Effective? Maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was connected to this in some way, after all, Mohammed Atta met with one of Saddam's lieutenants in Prague a few months before the attack.

nAz
09-11-2002, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PQQLK9:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Today, instead of Americans dreading another imminent attack, the military should mark the anniversary by sending a missle down Saddam's chinmey, or at least bombing his military structure to smithereens. &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

That's what Poppa George should have done years ago but isn't Bin Laden the culprit this time...after all Baby George said he was gonna "smoke'em out" <hr></blockquote>

well i dont think the collition wanted to keep troops in Iraq for the next ten years back then... that was a mistake, now we will keep troop mostly American there for the next 5-10 years if and when we invade... sad sad world

Voodoo Daddy
09-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Sad day today...so many taken before their time, so many left to grieve the loss's. I for one prayed for all NY'ers today, and our Military over there doing what they live to do...defend. One year ago today, I lost a loved one in the WTC, our country lost something too...our comfort zone and that just makes things a lil worse. I thought of all the CCB people that live/work/survive there, man its gotta be hard keeping your wits today. But the saddest part of today for me came while I listened to the speeches made last year, all the interveiws and the TV showing the towers smoking over and over again...man, it had me tearing up like it just happened all over again.

09-12-2002, 11:56 AM
I don't think anyone will ever forget that day. We need to go get that ba$tard who did this.

MikeM
09-12-2002, 12:07 PM
Last year on 9/11 my boss was supposed to be meeting with this Col. who is a customer of ours. His office is in the Pentagon. As soon as I heard what had happened, I tried calling her repeatedly and finally reached her via cell phone. She had scheduled the meeting at another office in Arlington away from the Pentagon. Eleven people in that Col's office died that day. Yesterday he sent her a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a note thanking her for inviting him to that meeting.

MM