PDA

View Full Version : They're not just crazy, they're evil --

Qtec
03-19-2011, 04:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>They're not just crazy, they're evil </span>-- and un-Christian, should they have the audacity to claim otherwise. If only we could force them to live like this, they wouldn't last a week </div></div>

This is less Govt intrusion GOP style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> St. Paul, MN – <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Minnesota <span style="color: #990000">Republicans</span> are pushing legislation that would make it a crime for people on public assistance to have more $20 in cash in their pockets any given month. This represents a change from their initial proposal, which banned them from having any money at all.</span>

On March 15, Angel Buechner of the Welfare Rights Committee testified in front of the House Health and Human Services Reform Committee on House File 171. Buechner told committee members, “We would like to address the provision that makes it illegal for MFIP [one of Minnesota’s welfare programs] families to withdraw cash from the cash portion of the MFIP grant - and in fact, appears to make it illegal for MFIP families to have any type of money at all in their pockets. How do you expect people to take care of business like paying bills such as lights, gas, water, trash and phone?”

House File 171 would make it so that families on MFIP - and disabled single adults on General Assistance and Minnesota Supplemental Aid - could not have their cash grants in cash or put into a checking account. Rather, they could only use a state-issued debit card at special terminals in certain businesses that are set up to accept the card.</div></div>

Liberty and Freedom for All?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bill also calls for unconstitutional residency requirements, not allowing the debit card to be used across state lines and other provisions that the Welfare Rights Committee and others consider unacceptable.

Buechner testified, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“We’ll leave you with this. It is not right to punish a whole group because of the supposed actions of a few. You in this room could have a pretty rough time if that was the case. It is not right to stigmatize and dehumanize women living the hard life of trying to raise children while living 60% below the poverty level.<span style="color: #990000"> It is not right to use racist, bumper-sticker hate to inflict human misery for political gain.</span></span>” </div></div>

link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/war-poor-minnesota-republicans-want-b)

Q

Gayle in MD
03-19-2011, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>They're not just crazy, they're evil </span>-- and un-Christian, should they have the audacity to claim otherwise. If only we could force them to live like this, they wouldn't last a week </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> St. Paul, MN – <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Minnesota <span style="color: #990000">Republicans</span> are pushing legislation that would make it a crime for people on public assistance to have more $20 in cash in their pockets any given month. This represents a change from their initial proposal, which banned them from having any money at all.</span>

On March 15, Angel Buechner of the Welfare Rights Committee testified in front of the House Health and Human Services Reform Committee on House File 171. Buechner told committee members, “We would like to address the provision that makes it illegal for MFIP [one of Minnesota’s welfare programs] families to withdraw cash from the cash portion of the MFIP grant - and in fact, appears to make it illegal for MFIP families to have any type of money at all in their pockets. How do you expect people to take care of business like paying bills such as lights, gas, water, trash and phone?”

House File 171 would make it so that families on MFIP - and disabled single adults on General Assistance and Minnesota Supplemental Aid - could not have their cash grants in cash or put into a checking account. Rather, they could only use a state-issued debit card at special terminals in certain businesses that are set up to accept the card.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bill also calls for unconstitutional residency requirements, not allowing the debit card to be used across state lines and other provisions that the Welfare Rights Committee and others consider unacceptable.

Buechner testified, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“We’ll leave you with this. It is not right to punish a whole group because of the supposed actions of a few. You in this room could have a pretty rough time if that was the case. It is not right to stigmatize and dehumanize women living the hard life of trying to raise children while living 60% below the poverty level.<span style="color: #990000"> It is not right to use racist, bumper-sticker hate to inflict human misery for political gain.</span></span>” </div></div>

link (http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/war-poor-minnesota-republicans-want-b)

Q </div></div>

The Families Values Party, LMAO!

I've been wondering about people in that state ever since Bachmann came on the scene.

Repubs look more like the Nazi's every day....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
03-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I think in ozz some mums uze their welfare $$ for cigs and playing the pokies -- while the kids go hungry.
mac.

Stretch
03-19-2011, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think in ozz some mums uze their welfare $$ for cigs and playing the pokies -- while the kids go hungry.
mac. </div></div>

That is called criminal negligence and i think it's a mistake to identify it with welfare. It's a social problem. Your station in life has nothing to do with how good a parent you are. St.

pooltchr
03-19-2011, 06:13 PM
If the welfare system allows that money to be used for tobacco and wine, there is something wrong with the system.

Steve

Qtec
03-19-2011, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think in ozz some mums uze their welfare $$ for cigs and playing the pokies -- while the kids go hungry.
mac. </div></div>

I'm sure some do. Should we tar everyone with the same brush? Sounds like Crappylogic to me.

Using the same Crappylogic, no Catholic Priest should be allowed within 200 yds of any nursery, school or playground.

Q

Why?....because there have been 1,000s of cases of abuse against 1,000s of children by Pedo Priests.

llotter
03-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Government should not be in the 'welfare' business. If they eliminated all redistribution there would be a whole lot more prosperity going on, more opportunity and less poverty. Plus all the problems that welfare causes would disappear.

Qtec
03-19-2011, 07:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they eliminated all redistribution </div></div>

Too late. In the last 40 yrs, all the money has been redistributed to the top 0.001%.

Q

llotter
03-19-2011, 07:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they eliminated all redistribution </div></div>

Too late. In the last 40 yrs, all the money has been redistributed to the top 0.001%.

Q </div></div>

cute but stupid

ugotda7
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If they eliminated all redistribution </div></div>

Q </div></div>

Liar..............

Qtec
03-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Your problem is that you lack social skills.

Are you living in a basement?

Doesn't your Mom let you play with the other kids?

Q

ugotda7
03-19-2011, 08:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your problem is that you lack social skills.

Are you living in a basement?

Doesn't your Mom let you play with the other kids?

Q </div></div>

My problem is a lack of patience with idiots.

Your problem is not recognizing that you're an idiot.

I guess we're at an impasse.

Qtec
03-19-2011, 08:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My problem is a lack of patience with idiots.</div></div>

Your problem is you can't present an argument for why your opinion is correct.

Just because I think something and you think different doesn't make me a liar.

You claiming I said something I didn't does make you a liar.

Get the difference?

Q

ugotda7
03-19-2011, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My problem is a lack of patience with idiots.</div></div>

Get the difference?

Q </div></div>

No, you're an idiot....that's a fact - your posts here speak for themselves.

And that you fail to recognize this fact just compounds your idiocy.

Qtec
03-19-2011, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you're an idiot.. </div></div>

If you say so.

Q

ugotda7
03-19-2011, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, you're an idiot.. </div></div>

If you say so.

Q </div></div>

I do...............

Stretch
03-19-2011, 09:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My problem is a lack of patience with idiots.</div></div>

Get the difference?

Q </div></div>

</div></div>

Your posts speak for themselves too. What they say is, " I'm a close minded lunatic RW boot licker". St.

ugotda7
03-19-2011, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My problem is a lack of patience with idiots.</div></div>

Get the difference?

Q </div></div>

</div></div>

Your posts speak for themselves too. What they say is, " I'm a close minded lunatic RW boot licker". St. </div></div>

I would give you a detailed and lengthy reply....but like I said I have a lack of patience for idiots.

LOL....what a joke.

LWW
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM
In all fairness, an idiot is defined as someone with an IQ of below 20.

I don't think we have any members here who would actually fall below imbecile, which is defined as an IQ of between 20 and 49.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2011, 12:15 PM
mac. </div></div>

And how many men over history, have gone straight to a bar, or the race track, or poolroom, and blew his whole checkbook, while his family suffered for decades.

If men behaved responsibly, the world would surely be a far better place for everyone.

We do know that where women are most abused, radical, violent men run the country, and those countries are never successful. the two phenomenons go hand and hand. Just look at the Middle East!

That's what drives Republicans and the Christian right, that's what they mean when they say they want their country back, back to slavery, back to misogyny. Their hatred for women, blacks, and Gays, etc., is obvious, you can see that right on this forum.

G.

pooltchr
03-20-2011, 12:38 PM
A truely sexist statement! How many women have neglected their children while they curled up on the couch with a bottle of gin??

Your true feelings about men are showing again.

Steve

LWW
03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A truely sexist statement! How many women have neglected their children while they curled up on the couch with a bottle of gin??

Steve </div></div>

I think her post deserves another nomination for "IGNORANT POST OF THE YEAR" IMHO.

Stretch
03-20-2011, 06:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A truely sexist statement! How many women have neglected their children while they curled up on the couch with a bottle of gin??

Steve </div></div>

I think her post deserves another nomination for "IGNORANT POST OF THE YEAR" IMHO. </div></div>

Since you own the title, are you sure you could part with it for a while? St.

Sid_Vicious
03-20-2011, 07:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...<span style='font-size: 14pt'>They're not just crazy, they're evil </span>-- and un-Christian, should they have the audacity to claim otherwise. If only we could force them to live like this, they wouldn't last a week </div></div>

Q </div></div>

The Families Values Party, LMAO!

I've been wondering about people in that state ever since Bachmann came on the scene.

Repubs look more like the Nazi's every day....

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

People Of The Lie, Gayle. Hard right Republicans are precisely evil as depicted in the text of that book,,,but you have to know how to read and try at least 1% to understand stuff. It is a sick situation we have here with the ignorant people on the right. I wish that it was funny, but it ain't. sid

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:24 AM
The hilarious thing is that nary a lefty here actually comprehends what the law says and does ... preferring instead the biased and lame "OPINION" delivered to them in this hate filled manuscript.