PDA

View Full Version : Brave new World....Conservative style.

Qtec
03-20-2011, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pregnant Iowa Woman Arrested for Falling Down

Life can't get much worse for Christine Taylor. Last month, after an upsetting phone conversation with her estranged husband, Ms. Taylor became light-headed and fell down a flight of stairs in her home. Paramedics rushed to the scene and ultimately declared her healthy. However, since she was pregnant with her third child at the time, Taylor thought it would be best to be seen at the local ER to make sure her fetus was unharmed.

That's when things got really bad and really crazy. Alone, distraught, and frightened, Taylor confided in the nurse treating her that she hadn't always been sure she'd wanted this baby, now that she was single and unemployed. She'd considered both adoption and abortion before ultimately deciding to keep the child. The nurse then summoned a doctor, who questioned her further about her thoughts on ending the pregnancy. Next thing Taylor knew, she was being arrested for attempted feticide. Apparently the nurse and doctor thought that Taylor threw herself down the stairs on purpose.

According to Iowa state law, attempted feticide is an trying "to intentionally terminate a human pregnancy, with the knowledge and voluntary consent of the pregnant person, after the end of the second trimester of the pregnancy." At least 37 states have similar laws. Taylor spent two days in jail before being released. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>That's right, a pregnant woman was jailed for admitting to thinking about an abortion at some point early in her pregnancy and then having the audacity to fall down some stairs a couple of months later.</span> Please tell me you find this as horrifying as I do.

The District Attorney -- after three weeks of investigation -- eventually declined to prosecute Taylor. Before you get too happy, keep in mind that this decision was made, not because the arrest was travesty to begin with, but because it came to light that Taylor was late in her second trimester when she fell, not early in her third as the hospital staff had thought. I guess you are allowed to trip and fall in the first two-thirds of your pregnancy in Iowa, but do so in your last third and the long arm of the law will grab you by your swollen ankles. </div></div>

link (http://news.change.org/stories/pregnant-iowa-woman-arrested-for-falling-down)

Freedom and Liberty for all?

See also;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even short of that, laws like these are about establishing the notion that a fetus, or even a fertilized egg, is a separate person from the woman in which it resides, and therefore has rights equal to, or in most cases, greater than her rights. This would seem most obviously an attack on women’s health, freedom and safety, but supporters always strike a pose of protection for pregnant women, claiming to have their interests at heart. But the real-world results of these laws demonstrate that, just as pro-choice activists claim, women--especially pregnant women--are being assaulted rather than protected by attempts to establish fetal rights </div></div>

<a href="http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/150259/woman_arrested_for_thinking_about_abortion_how_ins ane_%27personhood%27_laws_are_a_direct_assault_on_ pregnant_women/" target="_blank">

Last month, legislators in South Dakota introduced a bill that was worded in such a way that it could allow for the legalized murder of abortion providers. Under a firestorm of controversy, the bill was withdrawn, but similar bills have also been introduced in Nebraska and Iowa.</a>

Q

Sev
03-20-2011, 06:14 AM
I predicted laws like this over a decade a go.
Laws concerning a woman's diet, weight and physical fitness tied to pregnancy are coming. Woman who give birth to a child with birth defects will also be scrutinized as well and be cause for criminal charges. Because once its out of the womb it becomes part of the public domain.
Its for the children.

Its also called the nanny state Q. Surprised you missed that.

LWW
03-20-2011, 11:01 AM
It's a shame that Snoopy doesn't realize that his link doesn't support his claim. In fact, it doesn't even support the author's ridiculous claim ... one which was stretched unbelievably to advance an agenda, and Snoopy chose to distort even further.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2011, 12:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pregnant Iowa Woman Arrested for Falling Down

Life can't get much worse for Christine Taylor. Last month, after an upsetting phone conversation with her estranged husband, Ms. Taylor became light-headed and fell down a flight of stairs in her home. Paramedics rushed to the scene and ultimately declared her healthy. However, since she was pregnant with her third child at the time, Taylor thought it would be best to be seen at the local ER to make sure her fetus was unharmed.

That's when things got really bad and really crazy. Alone, distraught, and frightened, Taylor confided in the nurse treating her that she hadn't always been sure she'd wanted this baby, now that she was single and unemployed. She'd considered both adoption and abortion before ultimately deciding to keep the child. The nurse then summoned a doctor, who questioned her further about her thoughts on ending the pregnancy. Next thing Taylor knew, she was being arrested for attempted feticide. Apparently the nurse and doctor thought that Taylor threw herself down the stairs on purpose.

According to Iowa state law, attempted feticide is an trying "to intentionally terminate a human pregnancy, with the knowledge and voluntary consent of the pregnant person, after the end of the second trimester of the pregnancy." At least 37 states have similar laws. Taylor spent two days in jail before being released. <span style='font-size: 17pt'>That's right, a pregnant woman was jailed for admitting to thinking about an abortion at some point early in her pregnancy and then having the audacity to fall down some stairs a couple of months later.</span> Please tell me you find this as horrifying as I do.

The District Attorney -- after three weeks of investigation -- eventually declined to prosecute Taylor. Before you get too happy, keep in mind that this decision was made, not because the arrest was travesty to begin with, but because it came to light that Taylor was late in her second trimester when she fell, not early in her third as the hospital staff had thought. I guess you are allowed to trip and fall in the first two-thirds of your pregnancy in Iowa, but do so in your last third and the long arm of the law will grab you by your swollen ankles. </div></div>

link (http://news.change.org/stories/pregnant-iowa-woman-arrested-for-falling-down)

See also;

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even short of that, laws like these are about establishing the notion that a fetus, or even a fertilized egg, is a separate person from the woman in which it resides, and therefore has rights equal to, or in most cases, greater than her rights. This would seem most obviously an attack on women’s health, freedom and safety, but supporters always strike a pose of protection for pregnant women, claiming to have their interests at heart. But the real-world results of these laws demonstrate that, just as pro-choice activists claim, women--especially pregnant women--are being assaulted rather than protected by attempts to establish fetal rights </div></div>

<a href="http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/150259/woman_arrested_for_thinking_about_abortion_how_ins ane_%27personhood%27_laws_are_a_direct_assault_on_ pregnant_women/" target="_blank">

Last month, legislators in South Dakota introduced a bill that was worded in such a way that it could allow for the legalized murder of abortion providers. Under a firestorm of controversy, the bill was withdrawn, but similar bills have also been introduced in Nebraska and Iowa.</a>

Q </div></div>

Republicans are Repulsive aren't they?

Their unconstitutional attempts, all along, have been to rewrite our laws, in order to degrade women, and to reinterpret our laws, to assert that a fetus's life, is more valuable, more important, than women's lives, regardless of the individual circumstances, even rape and incest, suffering of the fetus, and risks to the mother's life.

Their misogyny is undenable. They don't really give a damn about the fetus, anyway. They just want to dictate, and control, women, in every way they can.

That's what they mean when they say they want to take their country back, back to their "White Men Control All" Days of slaves, and keeping women barefoot and pregnant, their whole lives, keeping them beaten down into submission.

Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals, on every subject.

Republicans and their Christian Coalition, are the Taliban of America.

G.

wolfdancer
03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
That is troubling, being arrested for falling down a flight of stairs.

wolfdancer
03-20-2011, 01:38 PM
would these legalized murders have been "on the spot" or were there provisions for a fair trial beforehand?

Gayle in MD
03-20-2011, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is troubling, being arrested for falling down a flight of stairs.
</div></div>

I find everything Repubicans do, and many of the things they fail to do, very troubling.

During the Bush Administration, many federal crimes were allowed, among them, failing to enforce laws which addressed intimidating bahavior, which was illegal, at abortion clinics.

This story is indicative of where this country would likely end up, without Democratics around to protest their Taliban like, actions.

G.

Sev
03-20-2011, 03:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pregnant Iowa Woman Arrested for Falling Down

See also;

Q </div></div>

Republicans are Repulsive aren't they?

Their unconstitutional attempts, all along, have been to rewrite our laws, in order to degrade women, and to reinterpret our laws, to assert that a fetus's life, is more valuable, more important, than women's lives, regardless of the individual circumstances, even rape and incest, suffering of the fetus, and risks to the mother's life.

Their misogyny is undenable. They don't really give a damn about the fetus, anyway. They just want to dictate, and control, women, in every way they can.

That's what they mean when they say they want to take their country back, back to their "White Men Control All" Days of slaves, and keeping women barefoot and pregnant, their whole lives, keeping them beaten down into submission.

Knuckle Dragging Neanderthals, on every subject.

Republicans and their Christian Coalition, are the Taliban of America.

G. </div></div>

Same old blather.

wolfdancer
03-20-2011, 04:55 PM
This board is even more dangerous now, then I had imagined.
"You can't tell the players without a scorecard", as I recently found out.
Imagine, in this country...one can be seriously hurt or killed,
just for having, and expressing different opinions, then that of the majority here. I don't know if it is too late to call off the dogs, but......

ugotda7
03-20-2011, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This board is even more dangerous now, then I had imagined.
"You can't tell the players without a scorecard", as I recently found out.
Imagine, in this country...one can be seriously hurt or killed,
just for having, and expressing different opinions, then that of the majority here. I don't know if it is too late to call off the dogs, but...... </div></div>

This line of BS you've been trying is just really.......stupid, yeah that's the word.

And I'll say this also - anybody else who tries it is just being stupid.

And I'll say this as well - if anybody falls for it they're just plain stupid beyond belief.

So how about this - when someone gets seriously hurt or killed get back with us.....until then this line of BS needs to be recognized for what it is.

This place never fails to amaze.

wolfdancer
03-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I place a high degree of credibility in that...especially when I note the usual posting styles of your crew
"Yours" seems to be more personal, more "intimidating" then the typical rhetoric, that one would expect, when discussing politics from opposite sides.

ugotda7
03-20-2011, 11:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I place a high degree of credibility in that...especially when I note the usual posting styles of your crew
"Yours" seems to be more personal, more "intimidating" then the typical rhetoric, that one would expect, when discussing politics from opposite sides.

</div></div>

I don't have a crew, I speak for myself, and I tend to be direct. If you find it intimidating maybe it's because seeing things outside of your comfort zone is foreign to you. My suggestion is to get out more and approach life with an open mind. And guess what...it's not all about opposite sides - maybe the sooner some of the old time forum regulars figure that out the better. Or they can just simply continue to lead a sour life angry but secure in the comfort of this little circle jerk of a cesspool.....TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, was this post intimidating....LOL, this place is great, it's pure comedy gold.

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 02:12 AM
You are right, I do have a comfort zone...a "discussion" devoid of threats, despite neither side agreeing with the other.
This "cesspool" as you call it ....since most of the members that didn't agree with you have departed for safer, higher, grounds....
I don't believe now, there are enough left,left... for a circle jerk.
Your threatening style of posting may cause people to leave, but they have gone from the site with their beliefs and their dignity, intact, and probably with their resolve strengthened to make sure that their vote is counted.
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/0/u/1/online_bullying.jpg

LWW
03-21-2011, 02:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I place a high degree of credibility in that...especially when I note the usual posting styles of your crew

</div></div>

I don't have a crew, I speak for myself, and I tend to be direct. If you find it intimidating maybe it's because seeing things outside of your comfort zone is foreign to you. My suggestion is to get out more and approach life with an open mind. And guess what...it's not all about opposite sides - maybe the sooner some of the old time forum regulars figure that out the better. Or they can just simply continue to lead a sour life angry but secure in the comfort of this little circle jerk of a cesspool.....TOTAL IGNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, was this post intimidating....LOL, this place is great, it's pure comedy gold. </div></div>

If woofie would ever give me the OK I'd gladly share some of his threats made in PM.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2011, 03:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, I do have a comfort zone...a "discussion" devoid of threats, despite neither side agreeing with the other.
This "cesspool" as you call it ....since most of the members that didn't agree with you have departed for safer, higher, grounds....
Your threatening style of posting may cause people to leave, but they have gone from the site with their beliefs and their dignity, intact, and probably with their resolve strengthened to make sure that their vote is counted.
</div></div>

Tap Tap Tap! Excellent Post, Jack.

G

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Good morning, Gayle!!!!
It's just about time for my bedtime here...2:15am

Gayle in MD
03-21-2011, 03:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good morning, Gayle!!!!
It's just about time for my bedtime here...2:15am
</div></div>

I guess I should say, Goodnight Jack!

It's 5: 22, and I'm about to take my run. Saw an albino fawn, several months ago, and every morning, I hope to see it again.

Was watching George Clooney's movie, "Good night, and good luck." about Edward R. Murrow and the Joe McCarthy hearings, another anti-American thug from the right.

Interesting, McCarthy, was from Wisconsin, too. And even after he bacame the subject of a Senate Investigation, and was censured, he was still there, didn't resign. Same ol' same ol'.

G.

LWW
03-21-2011, 04:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ugotda7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I place a high degree of credibility in that...especially when I note the usual posting styles of your crew

</div></div>

I don't have a crew, I speak for myself, and I tend to be direct. If you find it intimidating maybe it's because seeing things outside of your comfort zone is foreign to you. My suggestion is to get out more and approach life with an open mind.</div></div>

There is a preciously small chance that this would ever happen.

Qtec
03-21-2011, 05:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its also called the nanny state Q. </div></div>

No it isn't. If it was the nanny state, these women would be helped, not persecuted.

Its the hypocritical conservatives who believe their religious beliefs must be imposed of the rest of us, nothing to do with the Left.
They squeal like pigs and claim their freedom and liberty is under assault because someone wanted to ban 30-round clips - as used in the Giffords shooting- but forcing a woman to have a baby is just dandy.

Q

LWW
03-21-2011, 08:30 AM
The leftists will hate me for this, but here's the claim made by the moonbat crazy leftist:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>That's right, a pregnant woman was jailed for admitting to thinking about an abortion at some point early in her pregnancy and then having the audacity to fall down some stairs a couple of months later.</span> Please tell me you find this as horrifying as I do.</div></div>

even though his own link had revealed a non sensationalistic reality:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently the nurse and doctor thought that Taylor threw herself down the stairs on purpose.

According to Iowa state law, attempted feticide is an trying "to intentionally terminate a human pregnancy, with the knowledge and voluntary consent of the pregnant person, after the end of the second trimester of the pregnancy."</div></div>

So, in reality, what happened was that the medical staff made their determination based on what evidence was made available to them ... conveniently no links to any of the actual evidence is provided ... and did their job both under the law and under the Hippocratic oath.

But, when you accept alternet as a viable and reliable source for journalism you have to expect to get egg on your face regularly.

ugotda7
03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are right, I do have a comfort zone...a "discussion" devoid of threats, despite neither side agreeing with the other.
</div></div>

It's funny that you keep harping about threats but haven't shown any evidence to support this. I'm not the smartest guy around but I'd have to say that this looks like you're making things up.

And if any members did leave it's probably because the inbred circle jerk was interrupted by outside views. I'm sorry that you think the nothing but liberal cheerleading for each other that this forum used to be are simply fond days gone by. Oh well, that's progress I guess...or maybe it's a case of hope and change?

Comedy gold I tell ya.

LWW
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
And what's amazing is that they begged me to come over here.

ugotda7
03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And what's amazing is that they begged me to come over here. </div></div>

Me too. How could I resist after Hondo invited me?

Qtec
03-21-2011, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, in reality, what happened was that the medical staff made their determination based on what evidence was made available to them </div></div>

What evidence?

She spent 2 days in jail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>conveniently</u> no links to any of the actual evidence is provided </div></div>

OMG, another LWW conspiracy! Let me get my tin foil hat on....OK.. you were saying ?

Q

Gayle in MD
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, in reality, what happened was that the medical staff made their determination based on what evidence was made available to them </div></div>

What evidence?

She spent 2 days in jail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><u>conveniently</u> no links to any of the actual evidence is provided </div></div>

OMG, another LWW conspiracy! Let me get my tin foil hat on....OK.. you were saying ?

Q </div></div>

He was saying, "Wonk wonk wonk, wonk wonk wonk wonk...wonk wonk."

Same things he always says...

Irrelevant and delusional!

LWW
03-21-2011, 11:13 AM
And now Snoopy and Gee have their knickers all in a wad because I actually read their link ... which they didn't.