PDA

View Full Version : Realtor issues angry BoA warning

Qtec
03-21-2011, 05:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This Charlotte, NC realtor suggests that if you’re buying a house via Bank of America “Short Sale”, you might want to post security guards at your house for six weeks after closing. Watch the video, below: </div></div>

link (http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/2011/03/realtor-issues-angry-boa-warning/)

Q

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Well, that's certainly one side of the story.

Personally, this woman sounds like a nutcase, and the video a bit of a hate filled rant.

I suspect the real truth is far different. Since this is supposedly happening in my hometown, I'm surprised that there has been nothing about it on the local news. Our local TV stations rarely miss a chance to run a big story about BofA or Wachovia whenever they get a chance.

I'll see if I can do some digging and get some facts.

Steve

LWW
03-21-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm guess ing the realtor never filed the right notices when the new mortgage closed, and is desperately attempting some arse coverage.

ugotda7
03-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Bank of America sucks....I closed all of my accounts with them and will never use them again.

Qtec
03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll see if I can do some digging and get some facts.

Steve </div></div>

You are a year too late. This stuff has been going on for ages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, that's certainly one side of the story.

Personally, this woman sounds like a nutcase, and the video a bit of a hate filled rant.
</div></div>

Amazing. You have absolutely no reason to doubt this woman but you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hate filled rant. </div></div>

You have just purchased a home and moved in. Then a month later, you come home to find new locks on the doors and what's left of your possessions in a tip.
Who do you call?
Maybe the person who sold you the house, like the woman on the video.

True or false.

The banks used <span style='font-size: 20pt'>forged</span> documents to foreclose on houses?

Q

Gayle in MD
03-21-2011, 10:21 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll see if I can do some digging and get some facts.

Steve </div></div>

You are a year too late. This stuff has been going on for ages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, that's certainly one side of the story.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hate filled rant. </div></div>

You have just purchased a home and moved in. Then a month later, you come home to find new locks on the doors and what's left of your possessions in a tip.
Who do you call?
Maybe the person who sold you the house, like the woman on the video.

True or false.

The banks used <span style='font-size: 20pt'>forged</span> documents to foreclose on houses?

Q

</div></div>

Guess they didn't cover it on FAUX NOISE, or Limpballs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

G.

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q

</div></div>

Perhaps that is because, unlike you, I prefer to have all the facts before I make a decision, not just the "facts" that support my personal views.

I am not a huge fan of BofA, but I'm not going to rush to judgement on the basis of one real estate agent who may or may not be giving the whole story. It has been my experience that people who go into fanatical rants like this (kinda reminds me of someone else we all know around here) usually only present one side of the story.

Steve

ugotda7
03-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Hmmmmm, I wonder where all of these crazy bank practices originated from - CRA, democrats, political pandering and extortion.....

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I have been a BoFa customer now for 30+ years, with one 5 yr time out. I had one major dispute with them in Ca. that was so idiotic on their side,so irritating, that the Bank Guard came over to calm me down. I closed my account that same day, and walked it across the street to First Interstate. BoFa's attitude back then was that you must be wrong, because they are always right. HQ'd in the Carolina's as I remember....(no additional comment necessary)
BoFa has an interesting history... founded by A.P. Giannini, an Italian immigrant.
I'm back with BoFa up here....and the Manager of the local branch is great...A Black woman, and a grandmother. She always has time to say "Hello", and keeps me up to date on her grand kids

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, BofA used to be based in California, but following a series of mergers, they came to the conclusion that Charlotte was a better place for their headquarters.

Funny thing, when Wachovia and Wells Fargo merged, they came to the same conclusion.

Steve

LWW
03-21-2011, 11:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Q

</div></div>

Perhaps that is because, unlike you, I prefer to have all the facts before I make a decision, not just the "facts" that support my personal views.

I am not a huge fan of BofA, but I'm not going to rush to judgement on the basis of one real estate agent who may or may not be giving the whole story. It has been my experience that people who go into fanatical rants like this (kinda reminds me of someone else we all know around here) usually only present one side of the story.

Steve </div></div>

Amazing. He has absolutely no reason to believe this woman but he does.

wolfdancer
03-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I guess that you think that the reason behind it's relocation from SF, to be the ambiance of the locale, and the warmth and charm of the locals.
Following a series of mergers and acquisitions,the former NationsBank acquired BoFa in 1998.
And NationsBank's history revolved around N. Carolina, and Charlotte.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Commercial National Bank (CNB), the earliest forerunner of NationsBank, was formed in 1874.

In 1957, Commercial National merged with its longtime rival in Charlotte, American Trust Co.[2], forming American Commercial Bank. American Commercial changed its name to North Carolina National Bank (NCNB) in 1960 after acquiring of Greensboro-based Security National Bank. In the early 70s, it reorganized as the leading subsidiary of NCNB Corporation. </div></div>
So, in summation...the new BoFa didn't xactly move to Charlotte, they waz already there.

pooltchr
03-21-2011, 01:02 PM
They could have gone anywhere. They chose NC for a reason.
Perhaps more people around here have a better understanding of finance and economics than they found on the left coast?
Steve

Qtec
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Amazing. He has absolutely<u> no reason</u> to believe this woman but he does.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Charlotte Real Estate Voice

Everything you need to know about real estate in Charlotte North Carolina

I had no idea this video would go as viral as it did (hey, in real estate world, over 1000 views IS viral). After 7 weeks of phone calls and emails to department after department, we finally got a call from someone in BofA Property Preservation about this situation. 7 weeks. And I get that they are busy. I get that mistakes happen. However, the response was not panicked or surprised…the response was ‘oh well’.

After this video went public on YouTube and Twitter and Facebook…within an hour, I was called by <span style='font-size: 14pt'>the Charlotte Observer</span>. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>link</span> (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/03/18/2148683/realtors-video-gets-bofas-attention.html#storylink=misearch) An hour after that, I received a call from a mugwump at Bank of America corporate offices. At this point, the buyers and their agent have finally received some attention and a resolution is in the works. And as one of the more experienced short sale agents in the Charlotte NC area, I feel good that a new line of communication is open…I want this broken system fixed, and I’m glad to help!

I am really not on a warpath against one of the largest banks in the world, who also happens to be one of the largest employers in the Charlotte NC metro area. Truly, I don’t hate the bank. I am on a warpath to protect consumers. Whether they are my personal clients or not, folks don’t deserve to be treated this way. And yes, Realtors CAN and DO work together for the common good. I have nothing but positive things to say about the buyers’ agent, Shirley Ghorshi. She is exemplary if for nothing else than that she helped us keep the lines of communication open. I hope BofA gives the buyers something for their stress and hooks Shirley up with a massage as well. The bank needs to understand that situations like this one only serve to further damage their reputation with consumers and with Realtors alike. </div></div> link (http://www.charlotterealestatevoice.com/if-you-are-buying-a-bank-of-america-short-sale-watch-this/)

........and the reasons not to believe her are?????????????

Q

pooltchr
03-22-2011, 07:02 AM
You are still only getting her side of the story. As for the Charlotte Disturber, it is one of the most liberal excuses for a newspaper in the country. It is quite useful for anyone who might be housetraining a new puppy.

Steve

Qtec
03-22-2011, 07:32 AM
TRUTH IS, you can't give one single reason to dispute her story. NOT ONE.....but you still know best.

Her video has gone viral. Millions will see it. Pretty dumb thing to do if you are not telling the truth, don't you think?

If you look up in google ' the height of stupidity/arrogance', <span style='font-size: 14pt'>it links to your last post.</span>

Q

pooltchr
03-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Yes, her video has gone viral. So what? It happens every day with dancing dogs, giggling infants, and drunks showing off their stupidity.

You choose to believe this woman because you like what she has to say. That's ok. Just admit that is your only reason to believe her.

Steve

Qtec
03-22-2011, 08:39 AM
proof that the banks lie (http://abcnews.go.com/WN/robo-signers-blamed-foreclosure-mistakes/story?id=11798650)

Q

Gayle in MD
03-22-2011, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TRUTH IS, you can't give one single reason to dispute her story. NOT ONE.....but you still know best.

Her video has gone viral. Millions will see it. Pretty dumb thing to do if you are not telling the truth, don't you think?

If you look up in google ' the height of stupidity/arrogance', <span style='font-size: 14pt'>it links to your last post.</span>

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look up in google ' the height of stupidity/arrogance', it links to your last post.

Q </div></div>

And all of his prior, and future posts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

pooltchr
03-22-2011, 08:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And all of his prior, and future posts.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

Your opinion is noted. And, strangely enough, smells an awful lot like a body part that opinions are frequently associated with.

Steve